Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:18:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:33:07 PM

Should MIN investors be worried about LOL coin? Not here to FUD, just trying to get more info from the community, being that i have a sizable investment in MIN. 

Seems like LOL coin may be more intriguing to the non-crypto educated gamer or investor at the present moment. LOL is such a popular game for one and now League coin has implemented SCII betting as well.  It's not part of the wallet, but non-crypto folks probably won't care about that.  The 20% interest for LOL coin is far too much inflation imo, but there are far less coins from the POW stage as well (2.4million), which may offset the inflationary aspect in the short term.

Just wanted to get some comments from you guys on this.  What do ya think?

Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ignaty

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:37:12 PM

I think it is necessary to make opportunity to watch a duel in real time in a wallet window. You stake and watch a duel. Chat has to be attached to a video player window that at the same time with viewing to do comments. It has to resemble the virtual sports/game bar where people are going to look at game and to exchange opinions. It will be explosive cool ! ! ! ! !  

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Yeah we thought about it, but now decided to move it away from the wallet to the browser. We have dedicated betting page with stream, chat and betting monitoring. We just don`t want to be limited by wallet capabilities and waste time to embed something that you still get in single click.

OK! It will be interesting!  Smiley
bangersdad

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:40:24 PM

Should MIN investors be worried about LOL coin? Not here to FUD, just trying to get more info from the community, being that i have a sizable investment in MIN.  

Seems like LOL coin may be more intriguing to the non-crypto educated gamer or investor at the present moment. LOL is such a popular game for one and now League coin has implemented SCII betting as well.  It's not part of the wallet, but non-crypto folks probably won't care about that.  The 20% interest for LOL coin is far too much inflation imo, but there are far less coins from the POW stage as well (2.4million), which may offset the inflationary aspect in the short term.

Just wanted to get some comments from you guys on this.  What do ya think?

Peace

No. MIN has far more active community, with much support from long term investors. Just in last 24 hours the volume of MIN has been 20 times that of LOL on poloniex. Both the fundamentals and technicals look very good for MIN, and i sleep very well at night holding. I only invest in coins i believe in - not interested in any pump and dumpsters. At the moment i am holding 60% btc, 20% xmr and 20% min. I know some very early BTC adopters that have been scooping up MIN this week in the bear traps (some may have been responsible for causing the bear traps in order to accumulate more).
lanshop2010

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:51:59 PM

Seems like LOL coin may be more intriguing to the non-crypto educated gamer or investor at the present moment. LOL is such a popular game for one and now League coin has implemented SCII betting as well.  It's not part of the wallet, but non-crypto folks probably won't care about that.  The 20% interest for LOL coin is far too much inflation imo, but there are far less coins from the POW stage as well (2.4million), which may offset the inflationary aspect in the short term.

Peace

My observation with LOL is first the name. They tied it to a very popular game. Nothing wrong with that if you are catering only to the LOL gamers. When you start to use that for other games, it may become confusing to non-LOL gamers, in my opinion only. Mineralscoin does not have that handicap.

If both dev teams are competent, then both platforms can match each other in feature set. I think the keys will be stability and robustness of the betting platform and most importantly who can attract the most gamers and bettors to become the more dominant online game betting platform.
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:52:53 PM

Seems like LOL coin may be more intriguing to the non-crypto educated gamer or investor at the present moment. LOL is such a popular game for one and now League coin has implemented SCII betting as well.  It's not part of the wallet, but non-crypto folks probably won't care about that.  The 20% interest for LOL coin is far too much inflation imo, but there are far less coins from the POW stage as well (2.4million), which may offset the inflationary aspect in the short term.

Peace

No. MIN has far more active community, with much support from long term investors. Just in last 24 hours the volume of MIN has been 20 times that of LOL on poloniex. Both the fundamentals and technicals look very good for MIN, and i sleep very well at night holding. I only invest in coins i believe in - not interested in any pump and dumpsters. At the moment i am holding 60% btc, 20% xmr and 20% min. I know some very early BTC adopters that have been scooping up MIN this week in the bear traps (some may have been responsible for causing the bear traps in order to accumulate more).

I sure have been scooping up as much as possible  Wink  I also believe there is a much stronger community here as well, but do you think long term investors are heavy on MIN only because LOL is still flying under the radar?  Please explain further why you believe LOL is only gonna be P&D too please

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 12:54:00 PM

Peace

Does LOL betting service works?
I`m asking this because MIN already have working service even if it is still in beta, and we are constantly updating it and we as I say everywhere relying on the service at first place then and only then on currency to support it. We only see value in something that works so we are working hard to make it work.

Also We are focusing on starctaft II  betting for now to test things out. We will move on to development of LOL and Dota2 minerals betting services in a month or so, right after SC II service will work reliably. For now we decided, that we finish one task at a time, test it, release it and then move to other task. Developement service with multiple different APIs and Gaming communities will take way to long, and if we release step by step then we will be able to deliver every next step faster and cleaner keeping in mind all mistakes we made from step 1 instead of digesting them all at once if we multitask.  

vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:56:29 PM

Peace

hmmm thats not good... LOL coin has sc2 betting... that makes me worried...
I dont want to spread FUD being a large stake holder myself but that is rather scary i must admit.

in regards to price stabilization...
I wouldn't hold my breath just yet wait for it to break resistance.
http://www.tradingview.com/x/hN52jPkN
professorY

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:59:45 PM

My observation with LOL is first the name. They tied it to a very popular game. Nothing wrong with that if you are catering only to the LOL gamers. When you start to use that for other games, it may become confusing to non-LOL gamers, in my opinion only. Mineralscoin does not have that handicap.

No FUD as I think MIN has a ton of potential, but just a point to make: "Minerals" isn't the best name since it's not really brand-able. A Google and Twitter search turns up a ton of non coin-related stuff. Very few people seem to call it "mineralscoin", which is fine, but I think focusing on the Starcraft crowd is going to be necessary.

All I mean is that I have to disagree with you that "Mineralscoin does not have that handicap" as I'd argue that it does.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:03:04 PM

Peace

I`m asking this because MIN already have working service even if it is still in beta, and we are constantly updating it and we as I say everywhere relying on the service at first place then and only then on currency to support it. We only see value in something that works so we are working hard to make it work.

Also We are focusing on starctaft II  betting for now to test things out. We will move on to development of LOL and Dota2 minerals betting services in a month or so, right after SC II service will work reliably. For now we decided, that we finish one task at a time, test it, release it and then move to other task. Developement service with multiple different APIs and Gaming communities will take way to long, and if we release step by step then we will be able to deliver every next step faster and cleaner keeping in mind all mistakes we made from step 1 instead of digesting them all at once if we multitask.  

Thanks for the input!  I'm not sure if their service works yet..... I'm just trying to play devils advocate here.  I'm a MIN man, but just wanted to raise a few questions.  It seems like this could go either way.  The first mover advantage is so slim right now, ya know?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

Peace

I do not want to criticize LoL but I feel they really made a minor mistake choosing this name. The problem will be when that name will clash with rival game like Dota. I wouldnt support something with my competitor tag on it (basically there is no way in this universe for dota officials to recognize LoL coin). This is still a minor issue with only very long term consequences.
It also have its short-term upside because of the initial name association - and it is understandable - to get fast headstart and quick profit - use some brand that already developed instead of developing new one.

Still for now when none of coins get popularity outside BTC it really does not matter how to be called.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:14:25 PM

Peace

Thanks for the input!  I'm not sure if their service works yet..... I'm just trying to play devils advocate here.  I'm a MIN man, but just wanted to raise a few questions.  It seems like this could go either way.  The first mover advantage is so slim right now, ya know?

It is reasonable and wise to question everything you see, specifically things you invest in. That is why I suggest everyone to test what they invest in. I personally do enormous amount of testing Minerals, and i can tell you - our service works, it have tons of issues and we fixing them. I honestly never tested LOL, but i would run a simple test, if I had time and/or intention to invest in it Smiley 

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

Peace

I do not want to criticize LoL but I feel they really made a minor mistake choosing this name. The problem will be when that name will clash with rival game like Dota. I wouldnt support something with my competitor tag on it (basically there is no way in this universe for dota officials to recognize LoL coin). This is still a minor issue with only very long term consequences.
It also have its short-term upside because of the initial name association - and it is understandable - to get fast headstart and quick profit - use some brand that already developed instead of developing new one.

Still for now when none of coins get popularity outside BTC it really does not matter how to be called.

I couldn't agree more that the name is limiting in the audience they can capture. BUT, will people think the same of Minerals being that it is somewhat tied to SCII? Apologies if I sound harsh, I just believe it's healthy to discuss these ideas while it's still early in the game, so to speak.

I wouldn't be asking if I didn't support the MIN team. Thanks for your thoughts MIN PR!

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:17:21 PM

I have wallet problem Sad
Wallet crashed and i tried to install last v0.2 and this still happens https://i.imgur.com/CPhY6PR.png

help!
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:24:23 PM

Peace

It is reasonable and wise to question everything you see, specifically things you invest in. That is why I suggest everyone to test what they invest in. I personally do enormous amount of testing Minerals, and i can tell you - our service works, it have tons of issues and we fixing them. I honestly never tested LOL, but i would run a simple test, if I had time and/or intention to invest in it Smiley 

Thanks again, you're showing why I'm loyal to MIN.  We can have this conversation without anyone losing their head and i respect that.  I'll definitely test the LOL services though.  No plans to invest in LOL either

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:27:12 PM

I have wallet problem Sad
Wallet crashed and i tried to install last v0.2 and this still happens https://i.imgur.com/CPhY6PR.png

help!

Hi! It is known bug with wallet installation. It appears every time you install it, but couses no error. After you saw this close the window and simply run wallet - it should work fine. Please PM me or post here if you experience any more problems with the wallet.

Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:29:13 PM

No FUD as I think MIN has a ton of potential, but just a point to make: "Minerals" isn't the best name since it's not really brand-able. A Google and Twitter search turns up a ton of non coin-related stuff. Very few people seem to call it "mineralscoin", which is fine, but I think focusing on the Starcraft crowd is going to be necessary.

All I mean is that I have to disagree with you that "Mineralscoin does not have that handicap" as I'd argue that it does.

You could have said the same things about "Amazon" 15 years ago. I think "Minerals" is kind of a blank slate and highly brand-able.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:35:35 PM

Peace

I couldn't agree more that the name is limiting in the audience they can capture. BUT, will people think the same of Minerals being that it is somewhat tied to SCII? Apologies if I sound harsh, I just believe it's healthy to discuss these ideas while it's still early in the game, so to speak.

I wouldn't be asking if I didn't support the MIN team. Thanks for your thoughts MIN PR!

I 100% agree that constructive discussion with bit of criticism can benifit everyone. And i have a honest answer about what we thought when they choose Minerals as a name and why it was chosen.

I dont want to lie and say we did not want to be associated with SC II, but we also didnt want to be compleatly bound to it either (Thats why early names like StarCoin, StarcraftCoin, CraftersCoin and others was rejected). Also we needed something that is a "resource" and something that people can mine of course Smiley
The only thing that came to mind was obvious and you are looking at it.

egyptocoin

Activity: 231

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:36:51 PM

What is going on minerals, minerals - I woke today to notice quite a steep decline in this fine currency. Perhaps some fine chaps here could fill me in on to as why? Was war declared against minerals. If it was one of those lol guys, just tell me when - I will dump all .00 of my lols. Let's see how they like it. Smiley

I never invested in lol purely for the name it's like the 4chan of currencies, even DOGE seems better in comparison. And that's a dogey.
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:58:55 PM

Peace

I 100% agree that constructive discussion with bit of criticism can benifit everyone. And i have a honest answer about what we thought when they choose Minerals as a name and why it was chosen.

I dont want to lie and say we did not want to be associated with SC II, but we also didnt want to be compleatly bound to it either (Thats why early names like StarCoin, StarcraftCoin, CraftersCoin and others was rejected). Also we needed something that is a "resource" and something that people can mine of course Smiley
The only thing that came to mind was obvious and you are looking at it.

Appreciate your time MIN PR!  Love the coin and the community!

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

What is going on minerals, minerals - I woke today to notice quite a steep decline in this fine currency. Perhaps some fine chaps here could fill me in on to as why? Was war declared against minerals. If it was one of those lol guys, just tell me when - I will dump all .00 of my lols. Let's see how they like it. Smiley

I never invested in lol purely for the name it's like the 4chan of currencies, even DOGE seems better in comparison. And that's a dogey.

not sure whats going on however all the  fundamentals  for success are there in my opinion so just wait a week or so for things to settle down .don't panic and play into the hands of whales who are making short term profit
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: