Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] GrowthCoin PoW/PoS - 100% per year - Version 1.3.0.1  (Read 66156 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:30:44 PM

Unick have you been successfully staking with the current version of the repo?  I built the daemon a few days ago and have coins that are about 7 days old or so and haven't staked yet.  Does this seem normal for GRW?

Here is my address: http://grw.blockx.info/get/address/GdrRRgpDkhtxMcJFa8uor6wihn5TcnJkp1

No I haven't yet staked with the latest build, but I wouldn't be worried yet.
It seems to take around 8 days of age to get stakes with GRW.  I have a few mature blocks myself of about 8 days, I'll let you know if/when I get mine Smiley

Have you also had success staking with the daemon rather than the Qt gui?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unick (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:33:18 PM

Unick have you been successfully staking with the current version of the repo?  I built the daemon a few days ago and have coins that are about 7 days old or so and haven't staked yet.  Does this seem normal for GRW?

Here is my address: http://grw.blockx.info/get/address/GdrRRgpDkhtxMcJFa8uor6wihn5TcnJkp1

It seems to take around 8 days of age to get stakes with GRW.  I have a few mature blocks myself of about 8 days, I'll let you know if/when I get mine Smiley

No, I always used the Qt GUI for PoS and the daemon for PoW. But I don't see why it shouldn't work either way

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
liteuser

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:21:18 PM

I have successfully staked with the lastest build of the daemon.

But I'm continously forking. I have to stop the daemon, restart with -reservebalance=999999, repairwallet to remove orphans and return to the correct fork and then restart the daemon. Sometimes I cannot connect to any peer since they close the connections: they say closed socket or connection timeout.

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
ice00

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:28:17 PM

I had to lanch the program with reservebalance=987654321, attending it synch and then make a reservebalance false on console..
It generates lot of POS blocks, but no one are accepted by network so far.

NXT: 1408301140704352478
EMC: Ec2TpuRxcYr4WHMp12vZYck5ch3ymzskbZ
unick (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:36:13 PM

But I'm continously forking. I have to stop the daemon, restart with -reservebalance=999999, repairwallet to remove orphans and return to the correct fork and then restart the daemon. Sometimes I cannot connect to any peer since they close the connections: they say closed socket or connection timeout.

This is new, I haven't got stuck on a fork since adding the checkpointing node.

Have you tried just to let your client do it's thing? When generating PoS blocks, they still have to be accepted by the network, so what you refer to as a fork might just be that those blocks were not all confirmed and a better block was accepted instead of yours.  If you let the client go, it should reorganize by itself and clean get back on the right fork.

repairwallet won't get you back on the correct fork. All it does is repair your wallet by removing orphans and fixing mismatched coins (transactions no accepted by the network but marked as spent in your wallet) so this steps has no influence over you getting back on the right fork.

The connection timeout issue is something I haven't had time to dig deeper in. but likely not an issue for what you are describing.  And reserve balance is only used to mark a certain amount has not available for minting.

So I really suspect that what you refer to as forking is just orphaned blocks and should normally be fixed by itself. The other thing that might be happening, is that if you generate PoS block BEFORE being fully synced to the network, you might indeed get stuck on a fork.  I'll try to get that fixed for the next release. the quick fix for that is to start your client with -reservebalance=99999999

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
liteuser

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:48:56 PM

This is new, I haven't got stuck on a fork since adding the checkpointing node.

Have you tried just to let your client do it's thing? When generating PoS blocks, they still have to be accepted by the network, so what you refer to as a fork might just be that those blocks were not all confirmed and a better block was accepted instead of yours.  If you let the client go, it should reorganize by itself and clean get back on the right fork.

repairwallet won't get you back on the correct fork. All it does is repair your wallet by removing orphans and fixing mismatched coins (transactions no accepted by the network but marked as spent in your wallet) so this steps has no influence over you getting back on the right fork.

The connection timeout issue is something I haven't had time to dig deeper in. but likely not an issue for what you are describing.  And reserve balance is only used to mark a certain amount has not available for minting.

So I really suspect that what you refer to as forking is just orphaned blocks and should normally be fixed by itself. The other thing that might be happening, is that if you generate PoS block BEFORE being fully synced to the network, you might indeed get stuck on a fork.  I'll try to get that fixed for the next release. the quick fix for that is to start your client with -reservebalance=99999999

I guess you are right. I get stuck generating PoS blocks, and maybe I am too impatient to allow them to reorganize. The problem is that sometimes I lost the connection (have 0 connected nodes) and I keep generating PoS blocks. I will try to wait a little longer and see what happens.

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
unick (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:58:40 PM

UPDATE: I did get a stake with the latest build. it took just under 9 days.

On a side note, it always took around midway to max stake weight to get a valid PoS block with GRW. So I'd say you should have yours in around 2 days from now.

unick (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:51:25 PM

updated OP with development support address.  This address would be used to support server costs and bounties.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641241.msg7158566#msg7158566

If you want to support GRW, this is where you should send some coins

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:58:05 AM

This needs to be implemented https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241445.msg7389319#msg7389319

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
unick (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:12:16 AM

done, I was currently working on that file to add Fast stake Smiley

unick (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:29:02 AM

pretty sweet, price just hit 749 sat on allcoin Smiley

https://www.allcoin.com/trade/GRW_BTC

dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266

Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:55:37 AM

can you try to do the same with ByteCoin, the coin need not to be synced for a long time and the new users can save time to use it.we can learn with it.

dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:56:34 AM

pretty sweet, price just hit 749 sat on allcoin Smiley

https://www.allcoin.com/trade/GRW_BTC

it is a good news,but we should look for more exchange place.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:18:41 PM

Unick I recommend that you clean out the /src/obj folder on github so that I don't have to clone it and can build from scratch no problem Wink

unick (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:32:22 PM

Unick I recommend that you clean out the /src/obj folder on github so that I don't have to clone it and can build from scratch no problem Wink

Good catch, it's done Smiley

thanks

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:12:45 PM

My stake came through on my daemon after rebuilding this morning Smiley

unick (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:22:51 PM

Excellent Cheesy, but I wonder if it's because of that commit or just because they were mature enough... it's been about 9 days right?

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:28:55 PM

Excellent Cheesy, but I wonder if it's because of that commit or just because they were mature enough... it's been about 9 days right?

Yep 9 days. I tend to think it is correlated because it came through just an hour or two after I rebuilt, but it could also be coincidence.

unick (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:31:46 PM

Yep 9 days. I tend to think it is correlated because it came through just an hour or two after I rebuilt, but it could also be coincidence.

it might be, but we'll see on next round of staking... It mostly always took around 9 days to successfully stake a block. It's a good thing if that fixed it!

EDIT: we might know sooner, I just checked and I have 3 blocks from the 13th, only 6 days old! I will rebuild my client and see what happens

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:54:39 PM

it might be, but we'll see on next round of staking... It mostly always took around 9 days to successfully stake a block. It's a good thing if that fixed it!

EDIT: we might know sooner, I just checked and I have 3 blocks from the 13th, only 6 days old! I will rebuild my client and see what happens

We need to work on an RPC command that will list all of the blocks held by a wallet.  That would be super useful. Almost like the coincontroldialog without the coincontrol.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: