Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Hardware Support **Unofficial  (Read 56743 times)
scriber

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:31:01 AM

I just used the air compressor which did not solve the problem. I poured a little bit of 99.9% on the board and blew it off with the air compressor that did not solve the problem. The board is now in a tray soaking in the 99.9% for 10 minutes. I will let you know how this goes shortly. If that doesnt work I am going to ship the board back to Cointerra and plead my case. At this point a dead board serves no purpose

Yeesh, good luck. Use Q-Tips to get any other parts that the air compressor may not have.

Board is still not working. It has voltage but no led's light on the board and no miner. Im now done with this and have no other options other then to ship it to Cointerra and hope for the best
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:10:13 PM

I was trying to think of what I was doing last time my board worked and so I decided to roll back the firware all the way to 6.32 and then 6.48 and viola.. the board worked again (kinda) It was slower than the other around 450 when the other was 600. I could power step it, but it would not speed up. I decided to go ahead and bring it up to 7.6 and bam! Board not working again. Sad I tried repeating and I get nothing now. No idea what is going on with this damn thing.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:04:19 AM

Is anyone else's Terraminer throttling often? At first I figured it was caused by the high temps but now that I have the temps down it still throttles.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:45:32 AM

Is anyone else's Terraminer throttling often? At first I figured it was caused by the high temps but now that I have the temps down it still throttles.

What temp does it reach before it throttles? what's the performance before/after?

I'm running on ICdiamond for about 2 weeks and I haven't had any throttling so far.

Previously the MX4 was good for 3 weeks, so I'm not sure how long the ICdiamond lasts. (the MX4 degraded into "dust" after 3 weeks).

When it disables/throttles the core(s) the temps go down obviously so it might not be evident that it's caused by the degradation of the thermal compound.

If a pump fails then it also disables the cores ( I had one pump fail on me - it produces weird noise before failure)

Having said that, I'm interested in buying problematic Terraminers. Pm me with the stats if any of you consider selling them.
Mattster28

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:56:58 PM

What temp does it reach before it throttles? what's the performance before/after?

I'm running on ICdiamond for about 2 weeks and I haven't had any throttling so far.

Previously the MX4 was good for 3 weeks, so I'm not sure how long the ICdiamond lasts. (the MX4 degraded into "dust" after 3 weeks).

When it disables/throttles the core(s) the temps go down obviously so it might not be evident that it's caused by the degradation of the thermal compound.

If a pump fails then it also disables the cores ( I had one pump fail on me - it produces weird noise before failure)

Having said that, I'm interested in buying problematic Terraminers. Pm me with the stats if any of you consider selling them.

My temps at the hottest part of the day (85°C) are around 62°C. So its not getting hot. You can see my temps on page 2 of the thread. Funny thing is it seems to throttle more the cooler it gets. What firmware are you running? I'm running 0.7.6.
emba4

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:25:44 PM

eek, ive put MX4 on a few rigs here, id better check them soon after reading that, but the coollabratory stuff should be here tomorrow anyway (along with some hopefully less problematic KnC neptunes) but since its started getting warmer these things are dropping like flies, often i can get them back to life but not for long before they start having other issues
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:47:03 PM

I am down to thinking that I may have a bad pump. Anyone know how to test that? Obviously something is telling the board not to start.
scriber

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

eek, ive put MX4 on a few rigs here, id better check them soon after reading that, but the coollabratory stuff should be here tomorrow anyway (along with some hopefully less problematic KnC neptunes) but since its started getting warmer these things are dropping like flies, often i can get them back to life but not for long before they start having other issues

Please explain more about your units dropping like flies? Are they overheating to 120c and restarting? How are you able to get them back to life and what other issues do they have? Please update us how it goes after applying liquid pro very curious
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

I am down to thinking that I may have a bad pump. Anyone know how to test that? Obviously something is telling the board not to start.

Bad pumps show as 0 RPM in the admin panel, iirc the boards will start with a pump failure.
Mattster28

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:42:17 PM

Temps so far after two weeks+ with Liquid Pro applied.

scriber

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:46:40 PM

Temps so far after two weeks+ with Liquid Pro applied.

looks great what are you hashing?
Mattster28

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:55:47 PM

1.616 Th/s. If I felt like restarting it I could get it to 1.618 Th/s. Before upgrading to firmware 0.7.6 I was getting 1.622 Th/s. I will say this though. Ever since applying Liquid Pro not only are my temps down so is my power usage. Before it was using 2200 watts. Now it is using 1965 watts.
KOTEKPL

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:35:57 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 12:14:12 AM by KOTEKPL

I am having the same issue as you guys. One cta goes to 120c right away and shuts down.  it was working for for the past 3 months.   the other CTA runs amazing over 800gh all the time
the "bad" one always ran hotter. i replaced the paste about 4 times now and like 4 cores go to the sky and it stops. at its different ones just seems like something is shorting out or i dont know what the hell is happing.  any input would be great.  i used ic diamond themal paste on all chips the "good booard temp are way down and it hashes amazing the "bad board is still HOT!

edit did some tinkering. found that letting the board cool down and then just start the one sounds like a fan in one of the pumps is ticking...   also found that the "out" side of both cores on the "bad board" are really hot and the "in"side is cold. On the "good" board both side are equally Warm cound it be a pump issue? both pumps show speed but not as fast as the other board.  if the fins inside the pump broke off the the pump would stiill spin just be clogged/not going anyhting?Huh  im really tring to figure this out.    already had one of the power blocks that the soldered on the board break off that's why i opened it up in the first place. fixed that and now this heat/power/idk/short issue
Scrappy Do

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:38:09 AM

Bad pumps show as 0 RPM in the admin panel, iirc the boards will start with a pump failure.

No offense, but that is obvious. If you have a board that will not start, and it is because of a dead pump, how would you know?
scriber

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:04:43 AM

I am having the same issue as you guys. One cta goes to 120c right away and shuts down.  it was working for for the past 3 months.   the other CTA runs amazing over 800gh all the time
the "bad" one always ran hotter. i replaced the paste about 4 times now and like 4 cores go to the sky and it stops. at its different ones just seems like something is shorting out or i dont know what the hell is happing.  any input would be great.  i used ic diamond themal paste on all chips the "good booard temp are way down and it hashes amazing the "bad board is still HOT!

edit did some tinkering. found that letting the board cool down and then just start the one sounds like a fan in one of the pumps is ticking...   also found that the "out" side of both cores on the "bad board" are really hot and the "in"side is cold. On the "good" board both side are equally Warm cound it be a pump issue? both pumps show speed but not as fast as the other board.  if the fins inside the pump broke off the the pump would stiill spin just be clogged/not going anyhting?Huh  im really tring to figure this out.    already had one of the power blocks that the soldered on the board break off that's why i opened it up in the first place. fixed that and now this heat/power/idk/short issue

Does sound like a pump issue from what you described. Perhaps the impeller is damaged especially if its rpm is not up to speed like your good board. Contact the company who makes the coolers, they are located in canada I believe. Tell them how terrible Cointerra support is and you noticed they are using their product which might have failed on you. Btw I would not use thermal paste on these units, probably a good reason not to is that it continues to overheat and youve done the job 4 times. Use liquid pro its tried and proven here by numerous people including myself
Mattster28

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:40:09 AM

@mattster - what are your ambient temps? Also, what were your cpu temps before LP? thanks.

I usually don' turn on the A/C till it gets 85° or so. Before Liquid Pro my temps were high, 105°+.

Now?

KOTEKPL

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:20:09 AM

edit did some tinkering. found that letting the board cool down and then just start the one sounds like a fan in one of the pumps is ticking...   also found that the "out" side of both cores on the "bad board" are really hot and the "in"side is cold. On the "good" board both side are equally Warm cound it be a pump issue? both pumps show speed but not as fast as the other board.  if the fins inside the pump broke off the the pump would stiill spin just be clogged/not going anyhting?Huh  im really tring to figure this out.    already had one of the power blocks that the soldered on the board break off that's why i opened it up in the first place. fixed that and now this heat/power/idk/short issue

Does sound like a pump issue from what you described. Perhaps the impeller is damaged especially if its rpm is not up to speed like your good board. Contact the company who makes the coolers, they are located in canada I believe. Tell them how terrible Cointerra support is and you noticed they are using their product which might have failed on you. Btw I would not use thermal paste on these units, probably a good reason not to is that it continues to overheat and youve done the job 4 times. Use liquid pro its tried and proven here by numerous people including myself

The bad board pumps are 300rpm higher then the good board.  why did the paste work so well with my other board?  i will have to give the liquid pro a try...  
i ended up taking one of the bad board coolers off and took the copper plate off the bottom and found a white rubber/cyclone piece inside. its suppose to work as a channel for the water to go on the copper plate fins i guess. thing is it was gunked up with this white residue and the water had no way to get to the fins... ended u p taking the whole white rubber piece out and now have one core up and hashing at 400gh.  still hot as helll but at least its hashing. we will see for how long... o and the hoses on that core are now the same temp.. 
i will do the second one tomorrow and take some pics for reference.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:05:54 AM

My temps at the hottest part of the day (85°C) are around 62°C. So its not getting hot. You can see my temps on page 2 of the thread. Funny thing is it seems to throttle more the cooler it gets. What firmware are you running? I'm running 0.7.6.

I have 0.7.6 too.
scriber

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:32:22 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:06:47 PM by scriber

I got a reply from Cointerra and they have been emailing me trying to help. They first replied with I could not send the board or unit in for repair because I opened the unit and voided the warranty. They attached a pdf for trying to fix my problem with instructions that said to shutdown the unit, remove the cable from J11 on the offline board and then power the unit up. If the LEDs start the unit is all good. Leave the cable off and im done. I did this and the LEDs lit up then they immediately turned off in sequence and only D44 and D45(red) LED's stay lit. Cointerra asked me if the ground cable was connected. Yes it is. Cointerra says he has note seen many units with this d44,d45 led issue and is trying to figure out what is causing it. I have not heard anything else.

UPDATE: Just tried this process a few more times again and noticed only D45(red) stays lit solid
scriber

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:46:29 PM

Hey guys thanks for starting this thread, seeing as Cointerra shutdown the forums this is the only place i can find help. I've been running an April batch for two months now and today one board did not come online. I opened it up to see why only one board was going online and noticed that LED D45 was red. Does anyone know what this means? and is there is a way to fix it?

Is D44 (yellow) also lit next to D45(red)? Did you ever fix your problem? see my latest comment what Cointerra told me, it might fix your problem!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: