Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Hardware Support **Unofficial  (Read 56757 times)
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:55:26 AM

I just bought several of these Terraminer units, What kind of software do you use to get a good overview of 10+ units?

Switching between each ip address is a pain.

Thanks!
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:59:47 AM

p.s. DO NOT FLIP THE POWER CABLES ON YOUR MINER UNLESS YOU FLIP THEM ON THE PSU TO MATCH WHAT YOU DID ON THE BOARDS. POS SHOULD NEVER BE HOOKED TO NEG. THATS JUST COMMON SENSE. EVEN IF YOUR ...[/quote]

How does one determine which lead is pos and which neg on the mining board and the PSU breakout board.
Do you mean the pics of the Terraminer interior? The problem is, I have seen different TMs with the pos lead (black wire) in BOTH positions, so a picture alone without data as to where it goes and why is a possible accident, unless you can hook the leads up to either post. Thanks for the input though.
[/quote]

On mine, top-off and viewed down into the case, the blacks are the top-most of each pair on the power supply mounts. I checked the lower set to be sure, they are set up the same, so Black-Red / Black-Red from top to bottom. Which is not a definitive answer, of course, but that is what I see.  So, on mine, Blacks ( topmost of each pair on PS ) are attached to the posts closest to the centers of each board, Reds are attached to the posts closest to the board-edges.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:31:53 AM

I just bought several of these Terraminer units, What kind of software do you use to get a good overview of 10+ units?

Switching between each ip address is a pain.

Thanks!

I've just been keeping ssh sessions open on each system.
At first I was going to go further into it, but ended up just relying on this as it works fine and gives the same info
you get from the web page.
Do something like this ( your mileage may vary, work it through) to get a 15 sec snapshot:

while :;do php-cgi /var/www/status_frame.php|sed -e 's/<tr>/\n/g;s/<t[h,d]>/  /g;s/<[^>]*>//g;s/^.*pted //;s/y\t*/y\n/'|grep .|tail -n 16;sleep 15;echo;rm /tmp/sess_*;done

So at a glance you can see what's up with each one. Be sure to 'rm' the session file which shows up in /tmp.
I also set up a cron job to see if the things get stuck, reboot them.

Depending on your number of screens, ten might be a lot, maybe you'd want to curl/wget and collate like that instead.
Also, seems like there was a guy who made some sort of software for these, but I haven't looked into it. I saw it on one of these
forums long ago.
altcointalk14

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:32:26 PM

Thanks, I just have a couple windows of browsers open with multiple tabs.  It would be nice to have an overview to see a quick snapshot.

If anyone remembers the software, please let me know.
bit4bit2

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:50:21 AM

So, I tore apart one of my pumps today since it apparently wasn't working and here is what I saw:

https://i.imgur.com/nWyvomq.png

https://i.imgur.com/dyuP4IS.png

I have the dreaded D45 red light and I cannot seem to solve the issue.  I know its not the the thermal paste - successfully changed that on other TMs with no issue.  I used a mechanics stethoscope to listen to the pump and it seems normal, shows a normal RPM on the STATS page but for whatever reason (according to the diags) the cores overheat and immediately shuts down one board.  Tried swapping the connectors, pulling the J11 and a few other things but no luck.  

For what its worth, I haven't taken apart the other side of the pump since I didn't have fluid to replace what I would have lost had I done so.  Does anyone know what type of fluid it uses?  Perhaps I'll try that and take some pictures next.

I see others have had this issue but nothing I seen discussed thus far seems to solve my issue.

I reached out to this forum to purchase a used pump/radiator setup - waiting to hear back.  If not then maybe I'll try to the other suggested setup with the dual radiators.

Any new advice out there?

mcdougle

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:49:21 AM

So, I tore apart one of my pumps today since it apparently wasn't working ...

I have the dreaded D45 red light and I cannot seem to solve the issue.  I know its not the the thermal paste - successfully changed that on other TMs with no issue.  I used a mechanics stethoscope to listen to the pump and it seems normal, shows a normal RPM on the STATS page but for whatever reason (according to the diags) the cores overheat and immediately shuts down one board.  Tried swapping the connectors, pulling the J11 and a few other things but no luck...  

For what its worth, I haven't taken apart the other side of the pump since I didn't have fluid to replace what I would have lost had I done so.  Does anyone know what type of fluid it uses?  Perhaps I'll try that and take some pictures next.

Hi,

I have had 3 radiator  hoses spring leaks over the past few months so this is what I did- and I think it keeps things even cooler than the stock coolers.

To replace a leaky hose, remove the entire radiator / cooling block apparatus. Place it on it's back with hoses facing upward and cut off the leaky hose (you will loose no more than 10 ml of coolant, the precise amount is not important). Go to your local hardware store or Home Depot and buy a length of polyethylene tubing. Its the same hose that is used on your refrigerator ice makers or if you can find what Cointerra used that's ok too but the polyethylene is much, much stronger so it's never going to leak again. Cut the correct length and replace the hose but...

Connect the 1st end to the radiator and before you connect the other end to the block, fill the radiator up with as much "automotive anti-freeze". If you want to dilute the antifreeze with a little distilled water you can but its not necessary as most all antifreeze comes already diluted. After the radiator is filled up with as much antifreeze as will fit, attach the other end of the hose and replace the radiator back in the miner. A few air bubbles are unavoidable and does not affect the miner operation that I can see. My refitted automotive antifreeze miners all run on power level 9 with temps running in the mid to high 50s deg C.

Hope that helps.
Mikhail UA

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:35:37 PM

Can anyone help me here?
Need an cointerra beagle bone image!
So it was lost after the update 09/04/14 Firmware 0.7.56 MD5: 2ACCF7DE2603490128A2A3A8266CEECD by standard method in the interface of device through software updates.   Undecided
Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Help please!
altcointalk14

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:05:37 AM

Curious if anyone is good at fixing these Terraminer IV boards?

I have several that have a short, I do not have the bench power to test.

several that have usb connection problems.  I can connect direct from pc to usb with cgminer and have usb errors.  It will mine for a few seconds say usb error, disconnect, reconnect, hash for a minute or two, usb error - repeat

3 or 4 boards that look like the lights are working correctly but will not show up in the usb connection with beagle or direct PC with cgminer.

any ideas?  there is probably 6-7 TH if I can get it working.  I would pay some btc for detail instructions.

Thanks

alez80

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 10:18:24 PM

Can anyone help me here?
So it was lost after the update 09/04/14 Firmware 0.7.56 MD5: 2ACCF7DE2603490128A2A3A8266CEECD by standard method in the interface of device through software updates.   Undecided
Help please!

Same problem... my Cointerra stop to works just today! When it get powered it light on RED CTRL1 led for 2 seconds and nothing more...

Cointerra sell the BBB unit with preloaded firmware for 70$, but they should provid a SD card image to restore the BBB like KnC!!!

Can anyone extract data from BBB and post it?

Tks you all for any help!
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:49:59 PM

Hello all, has anyone tried to lease their rig on west hash or miningrigrentals?  I will normally get around 1600 Gh/s mining on my own but I can't seem to lease it to a miner for more than 1 Th/s consistently on these sites.  Any idea why?

#Bitcoin
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:28:11 AM

hey guys i picked up a terraminer 4 that i didnt know was damaged. it has a red light on one of the boards. and it seems that 3 of the cores are underperforming or not working at all

Asic0Core0           120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe
Asic0Core1           74:fffeff7efffebffe00002000ad046d1e
Asic0Core2           120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe
Asic0Core3           120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe
Asic1Core0        104:fffefffefffe00007ffefffefffefffe
Asic1Core1           0:00000000000000000000000000000000
Asic1Core2    120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe
Asic1Core3    120:fffefffefffefffefffefffefffefffe

just wondering if there is anything i can do to fix this?
bit4bit2

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:09:25 AM

infernoman -

You'll probably need to be more specific - although I'm no expert.

On your status page:
are your core temps < 100 on average ?
are all the pumps running roughly 3000 rpm?
are all the fans running 3500-4500 rpm?

looking through the front grill do you see the 'knight rider" lights - sequenced yellow lights?
are any red?

if its not under warranty - pop the top - which light is red?

any sign of leaks in the cooling system?

any lights looking through the side power supply screens - should be none

next onto the advanced page then the diagnostic report.....
alez80

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:26:42 AM

Hello all, has anyone tried to lease their rig on west hash or miningrigrentals?  I will normally get around 1600 Gh/s mining on my own but I can't seem to lease it to a miner for more than 1 Th/s consistently on these sites.  Any idea why?

Most probably you get a long latency connection from your rig to MRR's server... sometimes happen! Try to set failover strategy in TerraMiner and set first pool priority as MRR's and a second pool of your choice that it works well for you. If you get some share on the second pool means that MRR's server it's not fast enough to provide work to your rig.
alez80

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:22:06 PM

Can anyone help me here?
Help please!

Same problem... my Cointerra stop to works just today! When it get powered it light on RED CTRL1 led for 2 seconds and nothing more...

Cointerra sell the BBB unit with preloaded firmware for 70$, but they should provid a SD card image to restore the BBB like KnC!!!

For who want to help us, here is an useful briefing of how to extract the eMMC image for BeagleBone Black controller of TerraMiner IV unit.

http://elinux.org/BeagleBone_Black_Extracting_eMMC_contents

Thanks to all for any help! ;-)
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:00:49 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 12:36:53 AM by infernoman

infernoman -

You'll probably need to be more specific - although I'm no expert.

On your status page:
are your core temps < 100 on average ?
are all the pumps running roughly 3000 rpm?
are all the fans running 3500-4500 rpm?

looking through the front grill do you see the 'knight rider" lights - sequenced yellow lights?
are any red?

if its not under warranty - pop the top - which light is red?

any sign of leaks in the cooling system?

any lights looking through the side power supply screens - should be none

next onto the advanced page then the diagnostic report.....

here is the full report after re thermal pasting. one of the boards has one light that doesnt light up at all. and one that is red. in that series of led's d42 does not light and d45 is red on the board beside the power supplies.
http://pastebin.com/PnuYUhLz

currently the power stepping is at 7. any higher and both the board throttles back down to this freq. same as before. when i took the cooler off. they were so coated in thermal paste it was ridiculous. the moats for the asic dies were filled in even. all i did was replace with a dab on the top of each die. like a normal CPU. so if im wrong here and the moats need to be filled to let me know. the only thing i didnt do was take off the copper block from the pump. since i noticed a few people have done that with better results.

Also i noticed on the boards there are 2, 2 pin connectors. labeled jp1 and jp2. the board furthest away from the power supply has a connector on jp1 connecting the 2 pins together. but the rest of the boards do not

EDIT: ive tried every firmware possible. now the board with the previous red light. lights all of the leds up clicks and shuts down. the board that is working. has a red light on all firmwares below 0.76. so now i've got half a miner. that i cant fully power step
altcointalk14

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:33:04 AM

miningrigrentals may have the same issue as nicehash.  I have the same issue.  Nicehash says to setup a stratum proxy server with exranounce subscription.  I am working on setting one up so I can help on that.

inferno:  regarding heat issues, even after adding new thermal paste, the glycol will drop out when they are hot and deposit on those copper plates.  You will have to take it apart and clean it.  and refill it making sure no air is in there.  There is barely any fluid volume in there so even a small air bubble may cause a problem.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:21:23 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 08:04:27 PM by infernoman

yepp its pretty much going to end up in the trash lol. that was a big waste of money. only one board is currently working. the other one wont even boot up. if you have to go through this much bullshit ? its not even worth it. if anyone has any ideas why one of the boards wont boot let me know. otherwise it'll be stripped and sold.

the board was working.after the thermal paste but still had the red light and the miner shut down unexpectadly. when i tried to reboot the board would not start again. and i had to unplug the usb from it

EDIT: the board that works. works amazing at low temperatures. i wonder how long it will last outside.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:30:06 PM

Hey Folks,

Just "upgraded" to a broken terraminer. One board not working (PSU side). Price was good, wanted to be running some "network support" hash, BFLs are past it. Speed read the entire thread, seeing a bunch of different possible problems. Previous owner tried swapping PSUs over, bad side PSU ran good board, but that's all he tried. He thought it might be a dead pump. No crispy critters turned up by eyeball so far.

So, is there a good order to test/try things in?

Also not 100% sure at the moment about whether I have the power in one location to run both sides at once. Anyone decased a board completely, run independent? Saw the post about running on a laptop, that's half of it I guess.

Another thing is that I was wondering if anyone had posted up approx hash/power/efficiency for each of the power steps available. Thinking I may have an easier time with power hookup if I can run one side at 900W ish, the other full bore.

Haven't tried powering it up yet, need to get organised, just wondering if I should have it apart for inspection first or, try powering both to see what happens.

Thanks for the hints, PS total Cointerra n00b, didn't really follow developments in past.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:53:23 PM

Hey Folks,

Just "upgraded" to a broken terraminer. One board not working (PSU side). Price was good, wanted to be running some "network support" hash, BFLs are past it. Speed read the entire thread, seeing a bunch of different possible problems. Previous owner tried swapping PSUs over, bad side PSU ran good board, but that's all he tried. He thought it might be a dead pump. No crispy critters turned up by eyeball so far.

So, is there a good order to test/try things in?

Also not 100% sure at the moment about whether I have the power in one location to run both sides at once. Anyone decased a board completely, run independent? Saw the post about running on a laptop, that's half of it I guess.

Another thing is that I was wondering if anyone had posted up approx hash/power/efficiency for each of the power steps available. Thinking I may have an easier time with power hookup if I can run one side at 900W ish, the other full bore.

Haven't tried powering it up yet, need to get organised, just wondering if I should have it apart for inspection first or, try powering both to see what happens.

Thanks for the hints, PS total Cointerra n00b, didn't really follow developments in past.

well from what i've learned over the past few days if you open up the case of the miner you will see a knight rider type of light on the board. if not then there could be a problem. if you only want to run one side at a time make sure everything is plugged into that same power supply. i had to move my power for the beagle bone to the opposite power supply and unplug the dead boards usb cable to get mine hashing
Mikhail UA

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:22:03 PM

Can anyone help me here?
Help please!

For who want to help us, here is an useful briefing of how to extract the eMMC image for BeagleBone Black controller of TerraMiner IV unit.

http://elinux.org/BeagleBone_Black_Extracting_eMMC_contents

Thanks to all for any help! ;-)

Wrote them in support.
Support this pathetic parody of specialists. But sent the link.
The first time it was a link to the damaged file with the image file.
The second time the file is normal, but apparently the image itself is damaged.  https://yadi.sk/d/y-Q05244dcTeP
I tried to install the firmware image, but I did not succeed. http://youtu.be/P9czTTtjHB0    http://youtu.be/g3V-LgOqTmo
At the same time updates from the BeagleBoneBlack installed without any problems at all.

Look. Maybe someone can.
Describe the process then.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: