Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WALL OF SHAME  (Read 26459 times)
mountainview

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:22:06 AM

Excellent thread, need more like this to expose the shitcoins like blackcoin and cloakcoin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arcoins

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:36:36 PM

TOR is a network. Available to anyone. And I DID mention that arcoin is similar to many others already established.

I did not err or forgot, you did NOT have an IRC channel at the time of the writing. Now, way too late for any hope, you do.

As for the "father" of bitcoin being anonymous, that was 5 full years ago. The world has changed significantly. The bar in crypto world has been notoriously raised. Sorry, but you are not up to par and, consequently, about to be extinct.

Think of another scheme, I'm sure you will come back. Hopefully after learning your lesson and having all the basic requirements fulfilled.

And, if you want any hope of success, for your real name and bio on the line.

But who do you think you are?

I ask you, WHO ARE YOU? Give me your name and Bio.

Be careful my friend, you may swallow all your words very soon. We are not sleeping and we have many plans.

I am someone who has taken upon himself the task of uncovering, as soon as possible, schemes and scams to get innocent people out of their money. Like Arcoin. I am not selling anything not expecting or accepting any donations. You, on the other hand, "launched" a coin, which may or may not be a scam, without even the most basic minimal standard requirements. And your goal, like any business, is to get the money of the people straight to your pocket. That has worked fine in the past but you are several months behind and will -hopefully- not work anymore.

I am quite careful and, most definitely, not your friend. But I would be more than happy to "swallow all my words" (well, almost all) if you are able to turn this train wreck around. But you would excuse me if I don't give you the benefit of the doubt. For that, I would need to know who you are and what you are capable of achieving in the world of tech/crypto... none of which seems to be in your "to do" list.  

"I am someone who has taken upon himself the task of uncovering" Sorry, that's not enough, Who are you? Whats your name and your Bio?

You know how many people talk lies on this forum? So, I need to know who you are for your "information" to be relevant to me, and to all of us.

So, you are so smart, that by your logic, if anyone reveals himself, that's where you put your money in? You know how many scams are in the Stock Market, including the penny stock Market, where all the CEOs info is public?

I don't know if you know, but AuroraCoin dev was a public person, all details were available. You know how many people lost money there?

You may have all your owns opinions, but please, a little bit of respect, when you don't even know with who you are talking to.

At this point, I am doubting if you are about 15 tops or just mentally handicapped, sorry. I will repeat one last time: I am not selling anything nor requesting or accepting donations. You are.

I am reasonably smart yes, and if anyone reveals himself and by doing this exhibits a bio with a reputation or promise, I may buy what he's selling... definitely much more so that from some handle on a crypto forum just registered. I am fully aware of the scams in the stock market and, of course, I also have seen "The Wolf of Wall Street" -which you seem to even have missed-. I also have vast experience in that field. Even if I wouldn't, CEO's who scam, are prosecuted by the law and held accountable.

Losing money in crypto -or any investment- is not only possible, even under the best of circumstances, but inevitable in some instances. Precisely that is one of the main reasons why this wall was created, to light the red lights of cases like you and Arcoin and save some people money.

Respect is a dear -and dire- commodity in crypto and the internet in general. It is never given away... and for good reason: It is EARNED through deeds and reputation, neither of which applies to a newbie handle. I do know who I am talking to: A newbie handle trying to sell people some air, about to disappear only to resurface in no time with another scam coin. If you are somebody else, you will have to show it and if that someone is deserving of respect, it will be given generously. I'm willing to bet money for donuts that you will choose to leave the crypto community without that privilege.

And with that, I will cease to entertain you. But the Wall will remain so you can continue posting your nonsense in total freedom and with the guarantee that it will not be censored (by me at least, I cannot know what Bitcoin Talk will do, but they haven't touched anything on any of my walls yet). So up to you.

You know that defamation is a crime as well? So, identify yourself please before making accusations, how about that?

I don't understand why all that text just to avoid the question of "Who are you? Whats your name and bio?" Wink

Not so smart after all.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:05:42 AM

PESACOIN
[/b][/color]

At a time when transparency, accountability, responsibility and professionalism are taking flight finally and coins like Vericoin, Pinkcoin and many, many others raise the bar on standards every day, this PESA project has to be the dumbest in history. This is like one kid with a second hand mac having the great idea of go to kickstarter and ask for funds to launch a coin that will never even remotely be up to par with current technologies, will be instead a copy of 800 others or more, and has not even a remote chance in hell to make it beyond one week. The fact that some miners are actually mining it is both flabbergasting and corroboration that blind stupidity will indeed remain in crypto for quite a while in spite of the ever more secure and promising offers already available.

Obviously the dumping not only is of majestic proportions, anyone with even a very small level of understanding knows that ANY price at all on this train wreck wanting to happen, is way more than double what it eventually will be worth... within days.

Why bother with coming out with a real name and a bio, a decent website, with some semblance of a roadmap, with some kind or nebulous idea of what could possibly justify this coin's existence? No need! People is so blinded by greed and stupidity that they will rent rigs to mine it and spend actual BTC in buying hoping for a quick buck if someone is even more stupid to buy from them.

Oh well, there are certain things that are simply, seemingly, inevitable.

SHAME.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:43:03 AM

Excellent thread, need more like this to expose the shitcoins like blackcoin and cloakcoin!

Told guy who wrote... ( like Super coin was not another copy paste BC code with some improvements... )
And man without Blackcoin it won't be your Supercoin,Vericoin,Pink coin and 100+ other coins...
show some respect... ( i as BC holder respect PPC very much without it it wont be BC Nova HBN FTC too... )

SUPER to da moon! Smiley

I agree dev team needs to do more promotions, many people don't understand how good the SuperCoin is!

I see many unique or near unique features from Supercoin:

- Easy to use, superfast Supersend anonymous feature
- Superfast transaction time (each transaction confirmed within less than 1 min)
- Superblock for PoS

supercointeam, you need to do more promo and make people know these advantages, it is SUPER!

PESACOIN
[/b][/color]

At a time when transparency, accountability, responsibility and professionalism are coins like Vericoin, Pinkcoin ...

Like any coin is PERFECT...  and all your coins are perfect...

write bullshit without serious evidence maybe some idiots will believe it...
And tell my coins are best... !

barabbas if someone will sue you for false accusations you can not provide any evidence in 90% cases - in court...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:13:19 PM

Hey fanboy, the courts are open to anyone so feel free...

The court of the markets though is giving you quite an appreciation of your "religion", so perhaps you should listen to it.

Or not.

But get this once and forever: The time of the scams like Blackcoin, is up and up for good. And yes, there are a bunch (and growing) good coins like Vericon and Pinkcoin. And yes those tend to be "my" coins (I trade) because they are transparent, honest, assume responsibilities and act professional. No "inside jobs", like in Blackcoin, where the official pool is owned fully by two of the developers. And that, as everyone interested knows, is just the tip of a huge iceberg... that, by now, has even melted because, guess what, blackcoin is not even good to steal from its fanboys like you.

But, nice fanboy that you are, you will continue seeing your value dwindle in the slow death so foretold. It's your prerogative. But no amount of hating for other coins run by good guys will change that well deserved fate. Have a nice life.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:49:04 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 04:24:49 AM by barabbas

THE ANON MARKETS

For a while now there's been a trend in crypto to create "markets". The latest trend, worth millions in ephemeral daytrading gains, has been the "anon" features promised by practically all the new coins and led by the likes of Darkcoin, Cloakcoin, Shieldcoin and many others. Now, the next step -that was initiated and provided -the platform- by NEXT Coin precisely many months ago, is the so-called decentralized "markets". Those would be the places where you can buy, anonymously, all kinds of goods and services, from anonymous providers on an anonymous platform... obviously the things that you can buy there are not available at your regular Walmart. Or Ebay. And, obviously, you would have to trust, if you are a buyer, an anonymous seller somewhere fronting up you moolah and hoping to receive your purchased items at you anonymous (or not) address. Quite a tall order, right? Oh well, there's some kind of "Trust system" implicated, kind of your reputation as a seller -like in Ebay-, I take, that would ease the pain: Say a drug dealer in Uganda has built a reputation on the anon market for delivering high quality goods, you can trust he would send you the dust and not sugar... Oh, but you have also anon services, such as "arbitration" or "Escrow" where you can avoid having to trust the Ugandan guy selling you, and delivering, the forbidden "medicine" in your particular country. So, instead of having to trust the Ugandan, you will have to trust the anonymous Escrow guy, whoever or wherever he/she/it may be. The "arbitration" 'feature' eludes me completely, of course... but who is counting, really. It's all bullshit, clearly.

Or, as someone pointed out to me, it's like Silk Road 0.2 (you know the underground market seized by the FBI?). So the "selling point" here is that these anonymous markets will be so sophisticated that law enforcement won't be able to seize and close them. And, if they do, who cares because they won'ty be able to trace you as a vendor or customer so you can jump to the next one and continue you merry "trading" free as a bird.

I find the whole thing to be just hot air and, most definitely, several steps backwards toward the supposedly main objective of crypto currencies, which is to reach mainstream, but what do I know? People, investors/traders are paying a lot of money for promises of this kind of stuff, so there's money in it, no doubt. On the promises, mind you. No chance in hell any of that crap will succeed in the real world but, for now, shameful as it is, there's money in it. And money is what everyone is after in crypto, isn't it?
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:10:54 AM

ELITE COIN

One more. Several every day. Same ol, same old: Hidden premine. Shame on the dev/s, shame on Bittrex for bringing it out but, above all, shame on the people that convinced themselves they were going to be smarter than the next guys and they will reap profits while leaving the next guys holding the bag. Too many examples to list... Nebula, ninja, sparta... and now elite.

Ok, there were -as always, ALWAYS, are, and enormous amount of red flags on all of these: Newbie account, unknown devs, self-moderated ANN thread, 5% "interest"... nothing new on the coin itself, just an obvious copy/paste hack job. The hook -incredibly "popular" these days-, PRETENDED SCARCITY. As if previous non-scam coins such as 365 or 42 or even the one with one single coin, have not demonstrated clearly enough that scarcity is just a gitzmo... that never, ever works. And yet, the blind greedy ones continue filing up like sheep with their BTC ready to give it to an anonymous handle with all these flags -and others- clearly pointing toward scam.

And, of course, when they realize they have been taken -again- they claim, shout and pretend that someone else is the guilty party... Of course the devs of these coins are crooks. Of course the policies of Bittrex suck big time. But you have, among many other resources across the net, this WALL and, above all, the most elementary common sense. If you are investing, obviously you are greedy. One doesn't exist without the other. So you are a target and an easy one, quite frankly. Before you lose it all, learn the first rule of investment: Preservation of capital. Always leave with resources to play another day. Never go all in. And, for heaven's sake, investing in alts is risky enough in itself, you don't ever need the added risk of giving money to absolute unknowns, with no legal name, who don't accept criticism and censor their threads and that offer an interest rate that would not be sustainable is the coin is to have a future. 5% is an unsustainable rate of inflation/interest if the coin is to last for years and years. It simply cannot work and will ultimately rtender itself worthless, on inflation alone.

I know this is like shouting in the desert. No one wants to hear. A couple would have lost everything, half a dozen will leave crypto altogether, 3 dozens will just go to the next shit/scam coin convinced they will get back all their loses in Elite in 24 hours. And the rest, well, they are that rare breed that only invested 20-30% of their total investment money and consider themselves very smart for it... while their nests continue dwindling to quickly join the couple cited in first place.

It is shameful. It is very sad. And it is inevitable.

Nevertheless, this wall will continue here hoping to serve new people coming into crypto to be careful out there and ONLY invest in projects who have KNOWN developers, with legal names and addresses quite clear, with bios that you can check, with proof -offered by the devs- that there's no hidden pre-mine, and with apparent and obvious honesty and transparency. And, of course, with BTC Talk threads that are not censored nor moderated. There are several such coin projects, usually they would be listed in the WALL OF HONOR, but there are some that are not because they fail some of the very strict requirements. Look for them. They are worth your investment, if you believe in the future of crypto currencies.

Stop sponsoring the crooks and the bad guys. You don't have to. You absolutely need not to. Simply do not.

barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:15:57 AM

VOOT/SYNC

It is what usually happen when you give your money to unknowns... even if, in this case, the unknown has some kind of history in BitcoinTalk. The handle is "MsCollec", who may or may not be a woman and who is the main developer at both SYNC and VOOT. Why two coins? would be the immediate question anyone even average intelligent only would ask. And the ONLY answer that applies is, either another question (why not?) or a conclusion: Because you can, reason enough for more than half the absurdities in the world. In any case, both were a go and both were, briefly, considered somewhat successful if in the obvious infantry... ah the permanent lure of new coins to the blindly greedy who hope to make a quick killing jumping ion on the ground floor, especially if it through their mining rigs, owned or rented... It never fails. You could announce tomorrow Turdcoin, promise a 100% interest annually and you would have quite a bunch of those greedy miners, as well as many "investors", following you and mining for you and willing to give you money... even if you use the most ridiculously obvious handle to hide your true identity. It doesn't matter: Greed, blind, stupid, will make it a go 100 times out of one hundred.

in this particular case, Ms Collec "always deliver on his/her promises", you would read in their thread. One of those promises is the new fad "du jour": 'decentralized market'. Ms Collec is just an average to poor coder so he/she contracts out the things he/she promises. And, apparently, groups of coders out for hire will say yes to everything but not necessarily deliver what they are contracted to deliver. Whatever the situation, there was a delay in the delivery of the 'decentralized market' for Voot and Ms Collec tried to code it him/herself... only to be shouted at by the original coder because the Ms had "messed it up". Add to that the fact that Ms Collec was receiving the usual nasty PMs and tweets and he/she couldn't take and, in a very clumsy way, first announced she was quitting Voot altogether in Twitter and then, not much later, announced it was all a mistake and she was kind of not quitting... for the moment at least until a new lead developer was found.

Needless to say these series of circumstances, to call them something, sank the price of but all the way to 65 sat. Needless to say, A LOT of VOOT was sold above 1,000 sat just before the "mistake" of the tweet. Needless to say, although Voot has recovered a little since hitting 65 sat, the deluded bagholders have only managed to keep it around 600 sat.

For anyone with anything under their hair, Voot is done. No coming back from such SHAMEFUL behavior by Ms Collec... now, what is amazingly surpriseng is that these events have had a relative minimal -is around 30% can be considered "minimal"- effect in the price of SYNC. Remember, same individual is the lead developer there. Of course there are a whole bunch of deluded, incredibly greedy and totally blind "investors" there that have convinced themselves that the meltdown of Ms Collec -to not go too much deeper into what really happened- in Voot will have no effect on SYNC.

Yep. And sometimes when there's thunder and lightning, there's no rain in all of the surroundings... fact is neither Voot nor SYNC have ANY reason whatsoever to exist in the first place. Now they have a very solid common reason to disappear... quickly. And disappear, both will.
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:42:39 AM

PRO...

Last night I posted this in the CENSORED ANN thread of PROcoin:

I have to say the offer, by Darren Palmer, is "interesting".

This coin is not going nowhere near 2500 sat by Monday, that's quite obvious, so it is indeed quite "interesting" to watch this loser's gamble developing since the term is so brief.

Mind you, the 2500 sat is the price "some" -I bet not a lot- paid in the IPO/ICO, but in way over a month -pretty much time enough to determine the real potential of a new coin nowadays- PRO had not managed to go over 100 sat... until this gitzmo was presented with amazingly spectacular initial results.
At least 500 BTC have been traded at present count and the price exceeded 800 sat at one point, which means that a lot of people has bought small participation in this "lottery" that may or may not happen to be true.

I would imagine this post will be censored pretty quickly so, if it is, you would have to go to THE WALL OF SHAME to read it... meanwhile, a few considerations beyond the above stated:

-- Darren Palmer, the name behind this coin, is a total unknown in spite of his self-appointed title as CEO of Instantbitcoins.com. There's no recognizable linked-in profile of him, academic or otherwise employment history anywhere and, unless he is into interior decorating, he simply doesn't exist. Not an endorsement, precisely, for someone that, obviously, pursues and loves the limelight. Where have you been all these years, Darren Palmer? Who were you before you started selling bitcoins in the UK?

-- There's absolutely no point whatsoever in making an offer of 2500 sat "guaranteed buy back" with the coin trading under 200 sat. Any way you choose to examine the gitzmo, you will reach the same conclusion: It can only pursue the dumping of a significant amount of coins against the potential credulous people that will invest small amounts for the outside chance that the offer will end up being legitimate. A lot of those in crypto. And if Iconic Expert joins the fray, quite a few of his twitter followers will probably invest at least small amounts in it, regardless of the (lack of) credibility.

In conclusion, in you are piked by the offer, invest something you won't be seriously affected if it is quickly lost. Otherwise, proceed very, very cautiously.
And read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649955.0. Extract your own conclusions. Mine, at the (minimal) risk of being wrong, is that you are going to be seriously disappointed by Monday.

We will definitely see very soon.

And seen we have indeed, soon enough -only a few hours later- that the post has indeed been censored, that it PROCOIN is, indeed, a scam, that the "guarantee" was the gimmick it was obvious it was and that, once again, a crook has run away with the money of the blind/greedy, idiots and naive people of crypto. SHAMEFUL, indeed. SHAMEFUL, also, that IconicExpert has participated in the scam, whether fully knowingly or not it doesn't matter: His credibility -the part that had not been (unfairly so) tarnished yet, has been fully destroyed now. His "followers" will do very good avoiding his picks (there's a new one announced for Tuesday, and I am already warning you: BE FULLY AWARE: When you buy in, he will already be selling out, fully knowing he's picking yet another scam coin. IE, apparently, has gone way farther into the precipice now. He doesn't care who gets hurt, he will continue peddling coins while there's something to get... at the expense of the naive/idiotic/blind-greedy. If you want to preserve your investment, STAY AWAY from his picks. All, every single one of them. There's no excuse whatsoever to fall for it one single more time: His is NOT after making money; he is after your money.

As for that crook, Darren Palmer, he's done, of course. I doubt anyone will ever buy a single BTC from him. But he will continue being around under different names... including Darren Palmer which more than probably, is nothing but yet another alias or handle. Good riddance and fuck you, by the way.

A word -again- of warning: There's a very solid reason why some good coins are not listed in my WALL OF HONOR, even though they comply with almost all the requirements: There are several (Vericoin, Solarcoin, others...) that simply CENSOR either their ANN threads here, or their IRC -this is widespread, unfortunately- or their Reddit. Once again: There's only one reason, in spite of all the FUD bullshit they post as an excuse, only one to have a so called "self-moderated" venue, whichever it is: To silence discrepancy. NONE OTHER.

"Palmer" has even closed the ANN thread, so people will not flock it with the well deserved insults, threats and other showings of anger and desperation. In this case, there's no feeling towards those who chose to fall for the obvious scam, not one bit. They were advised -by me- against it thoroughly. They shouldn't complain. But that doesn't make the whole thing, and their perpetrators, "Palmer" and "IE" -nor the censorship- less SHAMEFUL.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:40:14 AM

PRO...
...There are several (Vericoin, Solarcoin, others...) that simply CENSOR either their ANN threads here, or their IRC -this is widespread, unfortunately- or their Reddit. Once again: There's only one reason, in spite of all the FUD bullshit they post as an excuse, only one to have a so called "self-moderated" venue, whichever it is: To silence discrepancy. NONE OTHER.

As Dagger from Cloack coin said:

"If you want to see for yourself the kind of posts that get deleted I think https://bitcointa.lk/ keeps a delayed log of everything.
Nothing to hide.
Just keeping thread clean rather than unfounded trash talk."

You can easy see what is deleted what not... Usually BS  talks is deleted... Before investing into coin with moderated tread is good to look https://bitcointa.lk and see what is deleted.
Most obvious scams like: EDGE WC AC USB they didn't have self moderated threads...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:00:31 AM

I already answered this nonsense, I don't know what happened to the post...

No, there's only one reason to censor post, I have repeated it several times and it is proven, daily -including in Cloakcoin's thread, for there are NO exceptions-, and that is to avoid having to answer difficult questions -at best- or QUITE FOUNDED -usually- charges of scamming. NO OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER, no matter how many times they want to use the FUD excuse or the "cleaning up the thread..." one. It is just Bullshit. They just want to avoid criticism AND, more importantly, maintain whatever smoke screen that can hold, no matter how scammy or artificial, the price higher in the exchanges... so they can line up their pockets at the expense of the naive, blind/greedy or simply stupid.

No shortage of either, unfortunately, in crypto.

Nor of idiots that actually support these crooks, evidently.
some138

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:36:32 AM

Told guy who wrote... ( like Super coin was not another copy paste BC code with some improvements... )
And man without Blackcoin it won't be your Supercoin,Vericoin,Pink coin and 100+ other coins...
show some respect... ( i as BC holder respect PPC very much without it it wont be BC Nova HBN FTC too... )

You are dreaming right? Supercoin copied from BC?? Did you look at the codebase and see how much code look alike? I know BC is a plain copy of Mintcoin, it has a pretty bad codebase. Supercoin has many advanced tech, as a few examples:
- separation of pow/pos
- true randomness for superblocks
- pos superblocks
- anonymous feature (coinjoin)

among many others. Tell me, does BC have any of these? Or, does BC have anything new at all?

meganite

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:56:27 AM

Do you think Iconic Expert belongs on this list, barabbas?

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53209548.jpg
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:47:01 PM

"Maganite" has to be a new kind of idiot, really...

And "purplejaguar", I already answered you I believe: "IconicExpert" is, repeatedly, in THE WALL OF SHAME: 1st, for not returning the donations from the BC people, just out of plain and simple laziness and second, and way more gravely, for his willful involvement -whether he was aware or not of the con it doesn't really matter... and at this point one has to believe that he was, fully- in the PRO scam. Just a couple of this nonsense posts above, you can read: But that doesn't make the whole thing, and their perpetrators, "Palmer" and "IE" -nor the censorship- less SHAMEFUL.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:38:40 AM

The most shameful here is Libertycoin dev, Templar77, what a complete waste as a human. I could rant for hrs about this crook, but just try to avoid any coin he is involved in because you will lose your investment.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:47:19 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 11:58:48 AM by bangomatic

Cloakcoin is not a shitcoin. They have a team of brilliant developers that are delivering astounding features.

Blackcoin I totally agree on for all the reasons barabbas mentions here.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:21:21 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 04:53:23 AM by tylerderden

I hope you have moolah on your list
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:30:20 PM

XBOT

This "guys" (I believe there's only one using different handles) have come up with a nice -and apparently "working"- product: It's an iteration of a tip bot that allows for transactions between peers potentially on any social platform, currently available in Twitter. The potential is obvious so, naturally, the interest was notable... in the beginning. Now the price has halved a couple of times and it continues on a worrysome downward spiral. Why? Well, several RED FLAGS, of course:

RED FLAG # 1.- There's no transparency whatsoever. "Ladygaga" and "xbotdev" are both newbie accounts and probably the same individual, along with other handles. As stated many times elsewhere on this thread, there's only one reason, only one, for a developer to want to be anonymous: He has something to hide. Now, would you hide if you had the brilliant idea of building a platform to trade directly between users over the huge and growing social networks such as twitter, facebook, Instagram, Weibo? NOT unless you would have a VERY good reason for it. What could be the reason? There could be many, indeed. None of them of reassuring nature. What is perfectly clear, so far, is that whoever this "gaga" guy is, he cannot get anyone to trade on Xbotme on twitter. Mind you, interesting as the idea is, especially from a promotional, mass-market perspective, you still need the FOLLOWERS to market to. XBOT remains with less followers than a schoolgirl could achieve in a week's time. And mind you 2: You will have to trust (peculiar word in crypto) the centralized arbitration of a bot (or it's anonymous owner) should any trade go south... not the most enticing of propositions.

RED FLAG # 2.- They have a moderated BitcoinTalk forum. That in itself explains a lot. Again, you only eliminate freedom of expression when you don't want to face the music, otherwise, if you are legitimate, you encourage it.... Oh I know I know, the new "mantra" of the crooks is that a self-moderate forum weeds off FUD... that, as everyone knows, is pure and simple BULLSHIT. Oh but don't worry, we will only eliminate extremely offensive posts and blatant off topics.... Agaion: BULLSHIT.

Judge for yourselves the recent 2 posts eliminated:

Bitcoin Forum
Deleted Post
« Sent to: barabbas on: Today at 07:07:48 PM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: IdiotInvestor on Today at 02:26:27 PM
Please, someone step in. Someone, please provide me where POD has helped a coin beyond either a: initial launch or b: quick pump and dump. Please provide me evidence where POD has proven more successful than actual development. Please provide me evidence where POD has prevented shitcoins.

Bringing this shit up with something like XBOT is beyond stupid. There is the tech, a lot of work was put into a coin that actually works. Please tell me, how many LSD or conceal did you buy?

I could show you  several... for instance PINKCOIN. Or Vericoin, which will probably be part of the Supernet. Or Nautilus. And there are others.

Your second paragraph honors your namesake quite appropriately...
Report To Admin
Bitcoin Forum
Deleted Post
« Sent to: barabbas on: Today at 07:07:52 PM »
Reply with quoteReply with quote  Remove this messageDelete 
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: gagalady on Today at 01:56:39 PM
Quote from: LovSan on Today at 01:38:02 PM
Quote from: Lutek5 on Today at 01:03:25 PM
Hey guys. I've just checked the blokexplorer and there is already 1,204,774 coins mined

So when we calculate 800 000 coins * 0.0001 = 80 BTC for all remaining coins that will be distributed over next 75 days.
It is only 1 BTC per day.
When all the week hands will finally panic sell all their coins, there will be not a lot coins for us to buy later :/

Without POD, you will have enough time to buy cheep coins even under IPO price, train moves that way, with weibo or without. I hope developers do understand it too. Time and rules has changed. No one will care about coin, even with great tech, if they don't know who the DEVs are.

Wild West is changing, if you don't want to change with it too, you will be left behind.

POD not going to happen, we'll never submit our id to any third party for verification. If you want to feel safe, invest in shadecoin. The developer did POD at launch and again he promised a lot of new features, only to disappeared afterwards and came back with lame excuses.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=371954;sa=showPosts

Cryptocurrency was created by anonymous developer and we understand that it's necessary for a business to have a public face but this will happen in near future through a PR team.

http://m.bbc.com/news/technology-29275904

PoD is NOT what that guy, cryptoasian or whatever, issues. Proof of Dev is coming out clear and show who you are. Full name and address. Just like any other business where millions in investor's money is at stake. And it is already a standard.

There's ONLY one reason why you would want to remain "gaga": You have something to hide. No ifs, no buts. If you are legitimate, why on earth wouldn't you want to take full credit for what you do? It is really that simple.

You obviously seem quite content with what you have done so far, even as the price continues halving again and again. I'm pretty sure it will continue unless something quite specific is done here. Some other poster says you have a "product working". It might very well be but that product is of no use or very limited use atm and by the time it reaches any consequence (you are actually able to trade some goods/services with it), there probably will be 100 similar "products" available ALL with developers and backers with names and addresses in full display.

But I am QUITE SURE you have your motives to hide...

Off-topic?

Anyway, the points are made. Here you get the lowdown the way it is.

Otherwise, the market signals towards it quite clearly too.
fishy91

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

Mind you, interesting as the idea is, especially from a promotional, mass-market perspective, you still need the FOLLOWERS to market to. XBOT remains with less followers than a schoolgirl could achieve in a week's time.

That makes it sound really dodgy. Why is nobody supporting it by following it?
barabbas (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:51:42 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 09:04:21 PM by barabbas

GNS

Wish I had more time because the amount of shitcoins invading the markets are amazingly increasing. Still. Case in point, GNS.

First of all the whole poinbt of this aberration is not even creating a coin but creating a front to sell a "bot". And what does that "bot" do? Theoretically, it will make you money -for a price, of course- by arbitraging. Confused about that? It works like this: While Bittrex may have, let's say Darkcoin offered at 0.00800. Cryptsy may have buyers offering 0.00805 for DRK. And Mintpal at 0.00803. And Cex-E at 0.00798. So this bot will buy for you the cheapest offered and sell it to the highest bidder automatically. Potentially, hundreds of times a day. Small gains, but no risk and multiplied by hundreds, boom: Money, big money.

Of course you need to have trading accounts on all those exchanges and the margins will only be significant if those accounts are rather significantly funded...

So the guy "Sevith", the "developer" wants to make a shitload of money selling this "bot". And that's why he copy/pasted his way into the new iteration of the utmost shitcoin: GNS.

This "Sevith" has gained, hands down, the title of the dumbest "developer" in crypto history, by miles. Guess what he did, within a couple of days of launch: He dumped 1 million coin, roughly 2/3rds of his entire premine of 7% (yes, you read correctly: 7% premine).

But I could not possibly describe the levels of dumbness exhibited here even remotely as well as his own very words on IRC. Please read them in this post and the one with transcript from IRC below it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782154.msg8949904#msg8949904

One really has to see this to actually believe it. Wow!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: