Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Poloniex Has Rejected SuperCoin  (Read 43249 times)
burstceo

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:03:59 PM

hahhah busoni must be the giant head guy in back right!

SmartHost - Intelligent Hosting
http://www.smarthost.net/?ims=bitcointalk
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:21:28 PM

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:13:23 PM

YES, I think it would be only fair to freeze those coins too untill they solve the problem, if any found.
I guess the same counts for SUPER. Fix whats found and explain the concept of 'anonymity'.
Its up to the exchange owner to decide if to add the coin or not. Its him taking the risk, not us.

The point has been iterated and reiterated that that specific code line doesn't effect the number of max coins produced. The concept of the de-centralized anon feature is explained on both the OP of the SuperCoin thread and website. You, Busoni, or anyone have yet to provide any real, legit evidence for foul play on the part of SuperCoin devs, yet the slanderous, inaccurate OP still remains untouched while Busoni's apology is tucked many pages into the thread.

This is what i was going to say.

I suggest everyone to read the OP of supercoin before writing fud.

Anon transfer in supercoin is not even enabled by default.
It is a check box within coincontrol part of the wallet.
Also,  it is only limited to 10000 coins at a time to reduce risk.
Heck, it's not even possible to use anon anyways. It's only enabled on testnet.

The are way too  many here who has no idea what they are talking about.

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:40:51 PM

busoni did not show up?
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:52:34 PM

Well caught.  You could have just run with it and made some money but have taken the ethical stance which takes balls:)

I wouldn't worry about that, they do other things for revenue.  Probably just as shady as this coin

Anyway Supercoin sounds like the dirty scumbag asia coin cloner - as they clearly arent coders/devs so they dont deserve that title.

The biggest cunt act of poloniex was unfreeze Asia coin market - when all other exchanges froze it - allowed some people to dump - then promptly closed/froze AC. Wouldnt surprise me it was some mods, I dont trust honeybadger one bit on there either. Someone got to sell for 2k+ after every other exchange dumped it down to 200 there abouts and then froze it.  They allowed bullshit IPOS scams.

So dont worry they can afford to let one scam go by the wayside as after all they dont care they make money on every buy and sell.

I dont even trade on that exchange anymore, slow transfers, manipulation of the highest level even the mods are doing it.
tuto

Activity: 328

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:53:02 PM

Love how every account that is agreeing with polo in the form of a single sentence (no argument for pro or con) is under 50 activities or is a newb account. That makes it fully legit.

My account has few posts because I simply do not always have the NEED to post a reply to something, however, check back through some of my posts and you can see I'm an active user with a legit account that I've had for some time here... I've not agreed with Polo not disagreed, I think Polo is a good exchange, and the people there are nice and friendly and usually very competent, I just think THIS particular incident was miss handled to a large degree.
gts476

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:00:42 PM

Polo bullshit but no point going down with the ship as the herd dump, i'm out.
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:00:54 PM

Love how every account that is agreeing with polo in the form of a single sentence (no argument for pro or con) is under 50 activities or is a newb account. That makes it fully legit.

My account has few posts because I simply do not always have the NEED to post a reply to something, however, check back through some of my posts and you can see I'm an active user with a legit account that I've had for some time here... I've not agreed with Polo not disagreed, I think Polo is a good exchange, and the people there are nice and friendly and usually very competent, I just think THIS particular incident was miss handled to a large degree.

Dont worry most of these kids think credibility is how many posts you have and if you are a new account or not on here.  Secondly they have been 'ok" with noob annoymouse devs for god knows how long but soon as a dev mades anon code they want his entire life story in details.

Yet 99% of these jokers on here wont dare tel you anything about themselves and throw these kind of bs posts you quoted.

Soon no one is going to be 10 and act and say stupid shit like - "You joined yesterday therefore your argument is invalid"
japandrew73

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:11:12 PM

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

so you're adding Cloak and Super to polo...
tuto

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:24:15 PM

At least Busoni posted a sort of apology (last post on this page) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548
And my response; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7320998#msg7320998

I hope at the very least Polo can come out with an official statement on this, even if they do not wish to list the coin (to save face).

They have SORT of done this in way of Busoni's post above + the updated link on the Main Exchange@:

Further update on our decision about SuperCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548
Posted by OldManKidd at 2014-06-15 22:00:33

In the meantime - Vote Super to MintPal instead - https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SUPER

tuto

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:27:37 PM

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

so you're adding Cloak and Super to polo...

Just, not the place and it doesn't help this particular thread...please save your crap for other threads, Polo f**ked up and its hurt Super Price, but at the end of that day if the coin is good, the devs are good and the community stays strong and keeps buying instead of keeps dumping then the price will retract and be even stronger than it was beforehand.

Also, hopefully Polo + The Devs can work together to resolve the issues and Polo can make an official post with their findings which again will help the coin in the end - Its have a LOT of chatter going on about it, its driven the price down, NOW is probably the ideal time to actually buy some more SUPER coins and hold on until the price goes up.

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:32:02 PM

At least Busoni posted a sort of apology (last post on this page) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548
And my response; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7320998#msg7320998

I hope at the very least Polo can come out with an official statement on this, even if they do not wish to list the coin (to save face).

They have SORT of done this in way of Busoni's post above + the updated link on the Main Exchange@:

Further update on our decision about SuperCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548
Posted by OldManKidd at 2014-06-15 22:00:33

In the meantime - Vote Super to MintPal instead - https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SUPER

Well, to me, it's not an apology unless he updates the OP saying what he wrote about MAX_MONEY etc was WRONG. (which it is)
By him leaving that on the OP still unchanged, busoni is still spreading fud. I don't understand why he is leaving it as is.

Also, as I said before, Anon transfer is only released via testnet and isn't even enabled by default.
So it's only for those who wants to "test". It has been confirmed by many that it works perfectly BTW.
Dev team is also working on a decentralized method as we speak. So I have no idea what the issue is.

Anyways, this has really negatively impacted supercoin. Most people will only read the OP and dump.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:35:02 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 10:52:33 PM by gjhiggins

That's not even remotely amusing. I don't feel comfortable leaving you apparently to labour under such a profound misapprehension --- you must know that's an appallingly insensitive use of that image, as I'm sure a moment's reflection will confirm.

I shudder to contemplate the kind of cultural milieu that would alienate you from your own kind so profoundly as to allow you to believe that this image presents anything other than a very sobering reminder of the casual tragedy that genetics can inflict on people who, given a miniscule difference in the way the odds played out, would be otherwise pretty much indistinguishable from any of us. They are people, not sideshow freaks and this is 2014, not 1914.

Despite your apparent indifference to innocent misfortune, I can only hope that you will be able to find the fortitude necessary to deal with similarly catastrophic misfortune should it ever attend you.

It's not that hard to be a decent human being, the bar's set pretty low and billions manage it all the time.

Sadly but hopefully,

Graham

Edit: clumsy phrasing.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:39:12 PM

busoni poloniex dev just pmed me, and answered him.

and.....
he is sorry about recent issues. And i told him "we welcome you to review code, but please use competent people."
His concerns are valid, i will explain him in details. We made a good plan he will understand this.

busoni says they are still investigating SUPER about max coin supply. It's good to have a free inspector.  Grin

Hopefully busoni can be quick with this.

He should at least update the OP saying you are re-investigating and will update. It's not that hard is it?

nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:08:13 PM

That's not even remotely amusing. I don't feel comfortable leaving you apparently to labour under such a profound misapprehension --- you must know that's an appallingly insensitive use of that image, as I'm sure a moment's reflection will confirm.

I shudder to contemplate the kind of cultural milieu that would alienate you from your own kind so profoundly as to allow you to believe that this image presents anything other than a very sobering reminder of the casual tragedy that genetics can inflict on people who, given a miniscule difference in the way the odds played out, would be otherwise pretty much indistinguishable from any of us. They are people, not sideshow freaks and this is 2014, not 1914.

Despite your apparent indifference to innocent misfortune, I can only hope that you will be able to find the fortitude necessary to deal with similarly catastrophic misfortune should it ever attend you.

It's not that hard to be a decent human being, the bar's set pretty low and billions manage it all the time.

Sadly but hopefully,

Graham

Edit: clumsy phrasing.

Sadly indeed.

They all look pretty happy though. Which one is yours?

PS; Church called. You forgot your buttplug in the confessional today.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:40:49 PM

I like poloniex, but this is ridiculous.

MAX_MONEY and the line of range code is for transaction consistency checking.

If these lines are worrying, just contact the devs and sort it out before causing yourself major embarrassment.

The maximum PoW money is determined from GetProofOfWorkReward, period. End of story. Fini. That's it. Yadda yadda.

And plenty of coins have overlooked that issue.

I even made a post about this for 42 a while ago (and talked about MAX_MONEY as well):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444775.0

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:48:19 PM

Supercoin in mid 2ks, will be in teens within a couple days then to hundreds. Sorry bagholders, should have sold in the 7ks. Next time put a little thought into what the developer is offering - hell he even admitted his system doesn't stop cheats, can't get more clear than that.

Reply to my last comment made on you.

Sad stuff that you have your account with the only purpose of spreading fud on coins.

Your life is pathetic.

I did reply to your comment, you're just too fucking stupid to understand it.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

I like poloniex, but this is ridiculous.

MAX_MONEY and the line of range code is for transaction consistency checking.

If these lines are worrying, just contact the devs and sort it out before causing yourself major embarrassment.

The maximum PoW money is determined from GetProofOfWorkReward, period. End of story. Fini. That's it. Yadda yadda.

And plenty of coins have overlooked that issue.

I even made a post about this for 42 a while ago (and talked about MAX_MONEY as well):

+1

I think your post was mentioned previously already in this thread. Smiley
But it's nice to get a confirmation in person. Thanks!

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:08:34 AM

Supercoin in mid 2ks, will be in teens within a couple days then to hundreds. Sorry bagholders, should have sold in the 7ks. Next time put a little thought into what the developer is offering - hell he even admitted his system doesn't stop cheats, can't get more clear than that.

But you should know that anyone can cheat in any coin. That is crypto.
It doesn't mean it's successful at doing so due to safety checks in place.
Decentralized anon transfer still is in infancy stage. We'll all have it soon.

tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:08:43 AM

+1

I think your post was mentioned previously already in this thread. Smiley
But it's nice to get a confirmation in person. Thanks!

So it looks like I must apologize to the 42 team because they corrected that problem very quickly. I simply forgot about that post until this supercoin issue came up and reminded me of it.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: