Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:05:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Poloniex Has Rejected SuperCoin  (Read 43249 times)
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:57:31 PM

The debacle shows how surprisingly low level an exchange (or its "owner") is. Such ignorance by an exchange owner on the alt coin codebase. He even brave enough to pretend to be an expert of the domain and to make such ridiculous/false claims, and show how stupid he is before the whole community. What an idiot!

GUYS:

It's time to stop bashing poloniex now. They have issued a public apology and clarification (of sorts).

It will be better to advertise this fact.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:59:46 PM

Ok, after catching up on this whole thread..
Yes, the OP was based on a misunderstanding of MAX_MONEY, and the Supercoin dev certainly should've been contacted before going public with this..
That said, seriously guys?  6 BTC..  20 BTC?!  On some random cryptopasta?   First rule of investing, especially in cryptos:  Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.  Throwing thousands of dollars into a coin so new that a mistaken accusation can trigger a 50+% dump in price is nobody's fault but your own.  If you threw thousands of dollars into a pink sheet stock, you could blame anyone you'd like when everyone else dumps it before you do, but in the end, your money wasn't taken from you - you chose to put it in an extremely risky investment.  20 BTC on an altcoin...   Unreal.

And how do you think they made those BTC? That's the game - buy low and dump after the pump. If it were the other way around and they made a killing, of course they'd be no complaints. Actually, there were some who made out well at the expense of others. Oh well - you win some, you lose some... but yes, you're so right - can't blame anybody but yourself.

Of course that's the game, but I'm assuming they didn't make that 20BTC all in one shot on an altcoin less than a month old.  If they did, they got extremely lucky, and if that kind of profit was a certainty, we'd all be posting from private jets.

lol, true indeed!

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:00:58 PM

The debacle shows how surprisingly low level an exchange (or its "owner") is. Such ignorance by an exchange owner on the alt coin codebase. He even brave enough to pretend to be an expert of the domain and to make such ridiculous/false claims, and show how stupid he is before the whole community. What an idiot!

GUYS:

It's time to stop bashing poloniex now. They have issued a public apology and clarification (of sorts).

and they leave the fking op alone unchanged.
what a innuendo way.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:02:28 PM

Poloniex should do a better job of advertising this fact. This apology is buried in this thread, while the OP is untouched.

I am happy to be loading up on cheap coins, but the damage is still on-going.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:14:08 PM

GUYS:

I agree we should move forward, but this fiasco caused many people to lose their investment, and the above apology is not enough. They need to give a conclusion of their investigation: is Supercoin good or bad, do they find any issues, if at all? If no issues or no major issues, and since Supercoin was the first in voting list, they should add it to Poloniex, this way they cleared all their mistakes.

But now I don't see conclusions, they have kept the title of this thread, in a very misleading way. This title is translated to "We have rejected a bad coin", but what is bad? Theydid not or can not say anything.

Before this is done, I can't see Busoni's apology is sincere at all. We demand Poloniex give a clear explanation on it!

Smiley
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:19:02 PM

I have to applaud the POLO team for this. You losers just hate that you invested so big in SUPER and ignore that fact that Polo is actually reviewing the code. It's was sketchy code and better to be safe than sorry.

Look at Bittrex for what happens when you don't review code. Ninja coin is meant to have 19 million coins and there are now like 600 million on the exchange and people lost money. Not even worth 1 satoshi anymore. I am pulling all my coins from Bittrex and going all in Polo.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

Good intent but bad idea to make this thread. A white knight doesn't need attention. He does the right thing and doesn't gloat

I still love Poloniex and am a Busoni fan for life

bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

I have to applaud the POLO team for this. You losers just hate that you invested so big in SUPER and ignore that fact that Polo is actually reviewing the code. It's was sketchy code and better to be safe than sorry.

Look at Bittrex for what happens when you don't review code. Ninja coin is meant to have 19 million coins and there are now like 600 million on the exchange and people lost money. Not even worth 1 satoshi anymore. I am pulling all my coins from Bittrex and going all in Polo.

lol if that's case then why didn't busoni look into cinni and silk coin code which has the same thing. why is that members on here understand the code better than a dude who runs a exchange. of course its his job to review the code, but why did he give that job to a third party and when they gave a conclusion, why did he not look into it himself before posting. rookie mistake.

im laughing at how you can justify BUSONI actions. he has now made a mistake all we are saying is rectify it by posting you did.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:36:33 PM

Of course they let everyone know how stupid they are, and they showed everyone in a brave way that how much alt coin code they understand. When I went through these posts last night, I felt more entertaining than going to a circus show.

Smiley
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:40:27 PM

busoni i see your online now, please give a conclusion to your investigation
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:42:53 PM

you fking retard.

this is not a matter of reviewing or not reviewing.

this is a matter of guts and balls to admit the mistakes.

intention is good, but that is not excuse for finding further excuses for blunders.
andakinas

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:54:38 PM

Still waiting for an official statement on Cloak...You know, the coin that got screwed over also because of the FUD from being rejected by poloniex? It did nearly 1000 BTC volume in a day on Bittrex before all the FUD from poloniex detracted investors. Both coins have a more active dev team than 90% of the coins your exchange currently lists. I'm not sure your weeding out the bad coins process is working. How bout you stick to what the users of your exchange desire instead of getting caught up in cryptocurrency politics?
landslide

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:57:26 PM

GUYS:

I agree we should move forward, but this fiasco caused many people to lose their investment, and the above apology is not enough. They need to give a conclusion of their investigation: is Supercoin good or bad, do they find any issues, if at all? If no issues or no major issues, and since Supercoin was the first in voting list, they should add it to Poloniex, this way they cleared all their mistakes.

But now I don't see conclusions, they have kept the title of this thread, in a very misleading way. This title is translated to "We have rejected a bad coin", but what is bad? Theydid not or can not say anything.

Before this is done, I can't see Busoni's apology is sincere at all. We demand Poloniex give a clear explanation on it!

Agree. Waiting for busoni's reply, and correct that misleading title, the title looks silly to me. Angry Otherwise back that title with your arguments or facts!
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:04:14 PM

Busoni do not even show up?
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:09:59 PM

SUM2 will eventually have Anonymous Technology, is that coin invalid also?

SUM2  should be very nervous about their future.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

GUYS:

Agree. Waiting for busoni's reply, and correct that misleading title, the title looks silly to me. Angry Otherwise back that title with your arguments or facts!

+1

they do not realized what they have done to ordinary people.

they also do not know what they have done on Supercoin community.

really fell sorry for this event.
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:22:05 PM

that is not a apology, did they find anything in the code they were concerned about, if they have no problem with it we won the vote so why are we not added. if you don't want to add us cool, but give a conclusion
maqa71

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:33:27 PM

READ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=648093.msg7346573#msg7346573
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:45:31 PM

well that is where ninja coin is a clear scam. now if busoni picked up on that, that would have been awesome, but calling a very good which wa on the rise a scam, is totally unacceptable. all were saying rectify your mistake by saying its not a scam.
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:48:53 PM

simply if you weren't sure you shouldn't have commented. let take whitecoin or was it asiacoin for example that reached to mintpal before the scam was noticed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: