Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Poloniex Has Rejected SuperCoin  (Read 43249 times)
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:37:48 AM

shame on polo and busoni.

no guts and no balls to admit their mistakes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:49:37 AM

shame on polo and busoni.

no guts and no balls to admit their mistakes.

it's really a shame now.

make a mistake in a less than 5 minutes, but do not do anything after 2 days.....
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:50:00 AM

he has caused so many people to loose money, he needs to add super coin, to get us that money, VRC has 26million coins with no working anon wallet, it rose to 28000 sats, and we have 12million currently and price under 2000 sats, do the maths
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:02:36 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 05:22:26 AM by jakiman

Damage has been done already. But Busoni should at least be a man about it and admit his mistake clearly on the OP.
Seems they are now trying their hardest to find something weird in supercoin code in hope that they can save face?

Independent article: http://bitcoinmafia.com/bittys-blog/supercoin-scandal/
DigiByte's proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7328574#msg7328574

AFAIK, supercoin is only 1 of 4 coins (SUPER, DRK, CLOAK & XC) that currently has a publicly working anonymous transfer wallet. (excluding cryptonote coins)
It's also the only crypto with both super PoW & super PoS blocks. If that doesn't mean something about the talent of its dev, I don't know what is.
So for such a coin with far fewer coins than CINNI or VERICOIN right now, it's totally undervalued and under-appreciated IMHO. At least 10-20 folds.

But yeah, maybe it's good time to stock up right now. It's always good to buy while there is blood on the streets. Grin

Anyways, this thread is getting old already. I just hope Busoni cleans up the mess that he made for himself and to supercoin.

Latest busoni update on June 17th: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7355132#msg7355132

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:29:54 AM

BUSONI, be a man

i don't care my investment in SUPER NOW.

i just want some one stand out to admit his blunders and ignorance!

You start this and please have courage to end this.

otherwise i WILL treat you like a scammer!
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:19:42 PM

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

Busoni - This is great that you are going to speak with the Developer and that you have issued the above statement.
You really should put a link on the front page of the Polo website directly to your comment (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548) so that anyone clicking on the link can see directly to that post about the coin.

I, like most of the people with half a brain trading Crypto, appriciate your / Polo's efforts to ensure security and transparency within the AltCoin world.

With regards to most of the people bitching and moaning on the forums here, they can mostly be ignored, I had quite a bit of BTC invested in SUPER and I still do, the price has bounced back to where it was previously so really don't think its going to be much of an issue in terms of price, only the people who panic sold or panic bought will be affected, and those are people looking for a quick buck anyway.

The ONLY thing to take away from this whole fiasco is that perhaps you should have been less-zaelous when posting the REASONS why - A simple "We are not listing SUPER as we are unhappy with some of the code and need to speak with the DEVS" would have sufficed, would have save a lot of people time / money and most of all would have looked far better for POLO overall.

Keep up the good work with the exchange, you know I'm a supporter as are many others, just less "jumping the gun" in the future I think Wink

Dave/Tuto

i agree, its all these punk ass pumpers that are trying to cover their asses, busoni and polo are top notch, dont fall for all these douchebags trying to make polo look bad wanna be pumpers, with 20 accounts on here and on the trollboxes, lol
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:23:25 PM

I would like to point out that I did not personally review the code, as many people seem to think. The person who did has very high standards and was not thrilled with what he saw, and he was overzealous in his criticisms. When I made this post, I firmly believed that the maximum supply was inflated. My intention with going public before contacting the devs was to make sure they did not have a chance to cover up the mistake or take advantage of the issue.

It is my responsibility to ensure that these issues are addressed correctly, so no fingers should be pointed anywhere but at me. I see now that I should have had another reviewer confirm the findings, and investigated sufficiently to make sure I understood all of the code myself before proceeding. I apologize for this misstep. There are still some parts of the code we're concerned about, so our investigations will continue, and I will talk to the devs privately about the anon feature.

This whole raising the standards for coins thing is in an early stage, and we are constantly improving our process. We believe strongly in integrity and transparency, and it has always been my intention to use Poloniex's position to improve the quality of crypto.

Busoni - This is great that you are going to speak with the Developer and that you have issued the above statement.
You really should put a link on the front page of the Polo website directly to your comment (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.msg7319548#msg7319548) so that anyone clicking on the link can see directly to that post about the coin.

I, like most of the people with half a brain trading Crypto, appriciate your / Polo's efforts to ensure security and transparency within the AltCoin world.

With regards to most of the people bitching and moaning on the forums here, they can mostly be ignored, I had quite a bit of BTC invested in SUPER and I still do, the price has bounced back to where it was previously so really don't think its going to be much of an issue in terms of price, only the people who panic sold or panic bought will be affected, and those are people looking for a quick buck anyway.

The ONLY thing to take away from this whole fiasco is that perhaps you should have been less-zaelous when posting the REASONS why - A simple "We are not listing SUPER as we are unhappy with some of the code and need to speak with the DEVS" would have sufficed, would have save a lot of people time / money and most of all would have looked far better for POLO overall.

Keep up the good work with the exchange, you know I'm a supporter as are many others, just less "jumping the gun" in the future I think Wink

Dave/Tuto

i agree, its all these punk ass pumpers that are trying to cover their asses, busoni and polo are top notch, dont fall for all these douchebags trying to make polo look bad wanna be pumpers, with 20 accounts on here and on the trollboxes, lol

so you saying digibyte dev can't read a code. read busoni second statement you idiot
Wasda

Activity: 504

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:43:21 PM

My guess SUPER bagholder now their hopes in the hands of Busoni

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:45:09 PM

My guess SUPER bagholder now their hopes in the hands of Busoni

not really no hopes, super coin will bounce back but it can just bounce back faster is BUSONI clears up his mistake
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:50:46 PM

Dave/Tuto

Sad that you could manage to learn writing before reading.

ht518

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:51:49 PM

BUSONI,you fucking idiot.you made me lose almost 20 BTC.I do not want to quarrel with you.I ask you to do an offcial apology and add  supercoin.you have two days.if I don't see what I want at that time.I will make all my Chinese friends know how stupid you are.As the owner of Poloniex.You do not know how to read the source code.You only know how to sperad fud.I will let all of my friends know Polo is scam through QQ groups and weibo and stop them trading at Polo.This is not a joke.By the way.I have no jobs noly have much time.
Wasda

Activity: 504

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:59:48 PM

BUSONI,you fucking idiot.you made me lose almost 20 BTC.I do not want to quarrel with you.I ask you to do an offcial apology and add  supercoin.you have two days.if I don't see what I want at that time.I will make all my Chinese friends know how stupid you are.As the owner of Poloniex.You do not know how to read the source code.You only know how to sperad fud.I will let all of my friends know Polo is scam through QQ groups and weibo and stop them trading at Polo.This is not a joke.By the way.I have no jobs noly have much time.

I don't think it will make much better with what you just post. good luck

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:21:14 PM

I don't think it will make much better with what you just post. good luck

this man is little bit emotional.

but i do understand him

i will not trade on Polo either. i do not care how much i lost.

but it is my attitude to false accusation made by busoni!
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:30:08 PM

busoni should make a apologize on Poloniex Announcement or Poloniex twitter.
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:38:37 PM

silence doesn't mean we will just forget this scandal.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:04:57 PM

It is an insult to the hard working developer of Supercoin that this coin got slammed by an exchange for no reason whatsoever.
I used to trade at Poloniex, but I will not use that exchange any longer.
skabbo

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:21:35 PM

Ok, after catching up on this whole thread..
Yes, the OP was based on a misunderstanding of MAX_MONEY, and the Supercoin dev certainly should've been contacted before going public with this..
That said, seriously guys?  6 BTC..  20 BTC?!  On some random cryptopasta?   First rule of investing, especially in cryptos:  Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.  Throwing thousands of dollars into a coin so new that a mistaken accusation can trigger a 50+% dump in price is nobody's fault but your own.  If you threw thousands of dollars into a pink sheet stock, you could blame anyone you'd like when everyone else dumps it before you do, but in the end, your money wasn't taken from you - you chose to put it in an extremely risky investment.  20 BTC on an altcoin...   Unreal.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:27:50 PM

Yes, the OP was based on a misunderstanding of MAX_MONEY, and the Supercoin dev certainly should've been contacted before going public with this..
That said, seriously guys?  6 BTC..  20 BTC?!  On some random cryptopasta?   First rule of investing, especially in cryptos:  Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.  Throwing thousands of dollars into a coin so new that a mistaken accusation can trigger a 50+% dump in price is nobody's fault but your own.  If you threw thousands of dollars into a pink sheet stock, you could blame anyone you'd like when everyone else dumps it before you do, but in the end, your money wasn't taken from you - you chose to put it in an extremely risky investment.  20 BTC on an altcoin...   Unreal.

And how do you think they made those BTC? That's the game - buy low and dump after the pump. If it were the other way around and they made a killing, of course they'd be no complaints. Actually, there were some who made out well at the expense of others. Oh well - you win some, you lose some... but yes, you're so right - can't blame anybody but yourself.

skabbo

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:30:20 PM

And how do you think they made those BTC? That's the game - buy low and dump after the pump. If it were the other way around and they made a killing, of course they'd be no complaints. Actually, there were some who made out well at the expense of others. Oh well - you win some, you lose some... but yes, you're so right - can't blame anybody but yourself.

Of course that's the game, but I'm assuming they didn't make that 20BTC all in one shot on an altcoin less than a month old.  If they did, they got extremely lucky, and if that kind of profit was a certainty, we'd all be posting from private jets.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:48:36 PM

The debacle shows how surprisingly low level an exchange (or its "owner") is. Such ignorance by an exchange owner on the alt coin codebase. He even brave enough to pretend to be an expert of the domain and to make such ridiculous/false claims, and show how stupid he is before the whole community. What an idiot!

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: