Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:50:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cloudlover

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:30:18 PM

That's a great approach.  I'm saying it sounds like a great project but the development team should've thought about the initial distribution plan more and give everyone an equal opportunity to buy in. Only a completely greedy person would have the attitude that it's FUD or have the "You missed the boat, live with it" mentality.  You should be able to see a problem with allowing people to invest 10 btc with a cap. There are many projects that have an initial distribution of 2k-3k people.  They could have started with a lower cap per investor.

Jake, this is FUD now.  you've made your point.  you dont need to repeat yourself 100 times.  please stop.

I will stop, but don't think for a second that it won't be an issue once the coin launches and people see it have even the slightest amount of success.  Yes, other coins have launched with unfair IPOs, but they were shit clone coins with no innovation.  Crypti is trying to do something innovative, so an unfair distribution could be disastrous.  The market won't stand for another NXT.  

I'm out.

They could open up another 100 btc of the offering with a .25 btc cap per investor.  Or a similar structure, but something.  Let's see how many more people want in.

I think this game very fair.Missing it means that there are people smarter than you .so dont complain ,it is fair ,no your 100% fair.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:39:55 PM

That's a great approach.  I'm saying it sounds like a great project but the development team should've thought about the initial distribution plan more and give everyone an equal opportunity to buy in. Only a completely greedy person would have the attitude that it's FUD or have the "You missed the boat, live with it" mentality.  You should be able to see a problem with allowing people to invest 10 btc with a cap. There are many projects that have an initial distribution of 2k-3k people.  They could have started with a lower cap per investor.

Jake, this is FUD now.  you've made your point.  you dont need to repeat yourself 100 times.  please stop.

I will stop, but don't think for a second that it won't be an issue once the coin launches and people see it have even the slightest amount of success.  Yes, other coins have launched with unfair IPOs, but they were shit clone coins with no innovation.  Crypti is trying to do something innovative, so an unfair distribution could be disastrous.  The market won't stand for another NXT.  

I'm out.

They could open up another 100 btc of the offering with a .25 btc cap per investor.  Or a similar structure, but something.  Let's see how many more people want in.

I think this game very fair.Missing it means that there are people smarter than you .so dont complain ,it is fair ,no your 100% fair.

I always laugh when people try to measure their intelligence from a one-off life decision or opportunity, especially one with no outcome yet. You sound like a genius. Going by this logic, I'm way smarter than you because I was buying BTC when it was like $8.

Anyway, I'm proposing that because it was a hot issue and closed quicker than expected, they should open up another 100 btc or so.  They could widen the distribution and raise a little more money at the same time. Make it a small cap of like .25btc per bitcointalk user.  They should use another thread so they can monitor sock puppets.    It would add another 400 people to the distribution while not diluting the super early investors too much.
cloudlover

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

I'm way smarter than you because I was buying BTC when it was like $8.

my frist trading for BTC is on Aug/7/2011,guy
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:55:10 PM

Damn, I wanna buy BTC for 8 $ too. Where and how I can do it  Huh Is it fair that now I must pay 600 $ for 1 BTC Huh
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:01:06 PM

LOL

I smell BUTTHURT and envy!

Sorry for you guys that always notice too late the opportunities.

The world is full of LOSERS like you.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

LOL

I smell BUTTHURT and envy!

Sorry for you guys that always notice too late the opportunities.

The world is full of LOSERS like you.

LOL, I'm not even FUDing. I'm actually trying to come up with a solution that helps the coin.  Solid response though.  It looks like you will make a great contribution to the coin.
cloudlover

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:05:09 PM

Damn, I wanna buy BTC for 8 $ too. Where and how I can do it  Huh Is it fair that now I must pay 600 $ for 1 BTC Huh

Going  by his logic,GOD should push the time to 2011 for your buying $8 for 1 btc.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:06:51 PM

Going  by his logic,GOD should push the time to 2011 for your buying $8 for 1 btc.

The comparison is idiotic.
Bitseed

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:16:59 PM

I'm out.

They could open up another 100 btc of the offering with a .25 btc cap per investor.  Or a similar structure, but something.  Let's see how many more people want in.

I always laugh when people try to measure their intelligence from a one-off life decision or opportunity, especially one with no outcome yet. You sound like a genius. Going by this logic, I'm way smarter than you because I was buying BTC when it was like $8.

Anyway, I'm proposing that because it was a hot issue and closed quicker than expected, they should open up another 100 btc or so.  They could widen the distribution and raise a little more money at the same time. Make it a small cap of like .25btc per bitcointalk user.  They should use another thread so they can monitor sock puppets.    It would add another 400 people to the distribution while not diluting the super early investors too much.

I'm sorry you and others were too late to buy in. Those of us on the team were also caught by surprise at how quickly it sold out (our bonus structure and sale allowed for a month). There was a pre-announcement a month before the pre-sale started, and the sale itself was delayed about 2 weeks from the original date of the ANN, but there is so much traffic and a noise on Bitcointalk that it can be hard to follow everything.

I myself was initially opposed to the cap in this type of pre-sale, given the refund option, but much of the community here requested it, and I can certainly see how a potential investor would want to know the maximum dilution he will see, so I agreed with the consensus of the team which agreed upon the 750 BTC cap.

We can't change the cap at this point since this would be a violation of our contract with those who have already invested.

I have also missed out on what turned out to be very good opportunities, so I can very much relate to the frustration anyone is feeling.

Bitseed - dedicated full node hardware
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:26:29 PM

Damn, I wanna buy BTC for 8 $ too. Where and how I can do it  Huh Is it fair that now I must pay 600 $ for 1 BTC Huh

Going  by his logic,GOD should push the time to 2011 for your buying $8 for 1 btc.

This comparison is completely true. What you are saying is that the developers should extend the IPO to allow more people to buy in, despite the fact that the IPO was made known to public a whole month before it went live. cloudlover is comparing the relation between the price of Bitcoin and the number of people invested to it to this. Investors had ample time to buy Bitcoin when it was $8, but instead of buying early they bought when the price was $800. The same can be said for Crypti, investors had enough time to research and invest into Crypti.

You seem to be working around the fact that you have missed out on the IPO, by making "baseless arguments". Most of the people who have missed out on the IPO have posted here, stating that they will be buying Crypti when it hits the markets. If you truly believed in Crypti then you would buy it when it hits the markets, regardless of the IPO. Therefore one can only assume that you are hurting by the fact that you missed out on a chance to make a quick buck.

Referencing cloudlover's comparison you don't see anyone arguing for Bitcoin to re-launch with a "fairer distribution", or to extend the maximum coin supply so that investors can snap it up cheaper.
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:28:08 PM

What are you guys going to do about the unfair IPO, which means unfair distribution?

Unfair? There was just over 750 BTC invested in the IPO....

That doesn't mean anything.  It was only open for a very short period.  Theoretically, 1 person can come in and take up the whole lot.  They didn't give an opportunity for more people to find out about the IPO and invest.  There probably should have been a cap as well so more people can participate.

There was a huge lead-up to the pre-sale being available, and we set a specific limit on per user and total investments. This was in consensus with the community. There is no way to be 100% fair to everyone and I think we have a wide and diverse group of people who bought Crypti during the pre-sale.

The positive part to remember, is that if people start dumping immediately after launch, it serves 2 purposes.

1. It will allow more people to buy-in and get involved in owning Crypti.

2. It will create some really great block rewards for those of you who run nodes from the start. Depending on the volume we are seeing after launch, the initial 1% block rewards prior to the fee dropping due to volume, could very well be huge amounts of Crypti.

So I would say stick around, watch for our announcement about exchange availability and launch, and be ready to get your nodes up and running!

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:31:27 PM

What are you guys going to do about the unfair IPO, which means unfair distribution?

That doesn't mean anything.  It was only open for a very short period.  Theoretically, 1 person can come in and take up the whole lot.  They didn't give an opportunity for more people to find out about the IPO and invest.  There probably should have been a cap as well so more people can participate.

There was a huge lead-up to the pre-sale being available, and we set a specific limit on per user and total investments. This was in consensus with the community. There is no way to be 100% fair to everyone and I think we have a wide and diverse group of people who bought Crypti during the pre-sale.

The positive part to remember, is that if people start dumping immediately after launch, it serves 2 purposes.

2. It will create some really great block rewards for those of you who run nodes from the start. Depending on the volume we are seeing after launch, the initial 1% block rewards prior to the fee dropping due to volume, could very well be huge amounts of Crypti.

So I would say stick around, watch for our announcement about exchange availability and launch, and be read to get your nodes up and running!

GreXX, will nodes be set up prior to the official launch or on the launch date? Also how's things going with setting up the NodeBB forum, will you guys be using the Majestic V4 theme?
JakeThePanda

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:32:28 PM

Damn, I wanna buy BTC for 8 $ too. Where and how I can do it  Huh Is it fair that now I must pay 600 $ for 1 BTC Huh

Going  by his logic,GOD should push the time to 2011 for your buying $8 for 1 btc.

This comparison is completely true. What you are saying is that the developers should extend the IPO to allow more people to buy in, despite the fact that the IPO was made known to public a whole month before it went live. cloudlover is comparing the relation between the price of Bitcoin and the number of people invested to it to this. Investors had ample time to buy Bitcoin when it was $8, but instead of buying early they bought when the price was $800. The same can be said for Crypti, investors had enough time to research and invest into Crypti.

You seem to be working around the fact that you have missed out on the IPO, by making "baseless arguments". Most of the people who have missed out on the IPO have posted here, stating that they will be buying Crypti when it hits the markets. If you truly believed in Crypti then you would buy it when it hits the markets, regardless of the IPO. Therefore one can only assume that you are hurting by the fact that you missed out on a chance to make a quick buck.

Referencing cloudlover's comparison you don't see anyone arguing for Bitcoin to re-launch with a "fairer distribution", or to extend the maximum coin supply so that investors can snap it up cheaper.

Are you kidding with this response?  The comparison is idiotic because they aren't even close to the same.  When BTC was invented, Satoshi and others had no idea it would grow to anywhere close to what is now, not in their wildest dreams.  For this, BTC gets a pass.  BTC price went higher because of market forces.  This should be obvious to anyone and makes the comparison stupid. 

I'm willing to walk away right now, but when you come back with BS like this...
GreXX

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

That doesn't mean anything.  It was only open for a very short period.  Theoretically, 1 person can come in and take up the whole lot.  They didn't give an opportunity for more people to find out about the IPO and invest.  There probably should have been a cap as well so more people can participate.

So I would say stick around, watch for our announcement about exchange availability and launch, and be read to get your nodes up and running!

GreXX, will nodes be set up prior to the official launch or on the launch date? Also how's things going with setting up the NodeBB forum, will you guys be using the Majestic V4 theme?

The goal is to have everything ready at launch.

As far as the forum, we are still waiting to determine the entire re-do of the main site and other related pages like Subreddit, etc, in order to make sure it all has a consistent theme. Our developers will have an easy time customizing NodeBB based on their previous experience and skills so right now it appears to be the favorite.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:40:00 PM

That doesn't mean anything.  It was only open for a very short period.  Theoretically, 1 person can come in and take up the whole lot.  They didn't give an opportunity for more people to find out about the IPO and invest.  There probably should have been a cap as well so more people can participate.

The goal is to have everything ready at launch.

As far as the forum, we are still waiting to determine the entire re-do of the main site and other related pages like Subreddit, etc, in order to make sure it all has a consistent theme. Our developers will have an easy time customizing NodeBB based on their previous experience and skills so right now it appears to be the favorite.

The design style and general theme that you are using right now, is perfect. All I request is that you do not change that Wink
GreXX

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:44:09 PM

Are you kidding with this response?  The comparison is idiotic because they aren't even close to the same.  When BTC was invented, Satoshi and others had no idea it would grow to anywhere close to what is now, not in their wildest dreams.  For this, BTC gets a pass.  BTC price went higher because of market forces.  This should be obvious to anyone and makes the comparison stupid. 

Please stick around, we (the development team) don't want anyone to walk away. If you read through this thread, we have done our best to be as fair as possible and keep anyone who was willing involved and I assure you we hear you and we understand your arguments.

A lot of deliberation went into deciding to institute the cap. It wasn't an easy decision but we wanted to be as fair as possible and also we had a huge outcry from the community on this issue. Only time will tell how disbursed our initial distribution will be but I watched consistently and we did have a lot of small investors who came in at a fraction of a BTC. I think we ended up with a fairly large number of investors.

We will know for sure once BTER gets us access to the API to see all of the transaction data and history for every buy and sell order.

JakeThePanda

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:48:19 PM

Please stick around, we (the development team) don't want anyone to walk away. If you read through this thread, we have done our best to be as fair as possible and keep anyone who was willing involved and I assure you we hear you and we understand your arguments.

A lot of deliberation went into deciding to institute the cap. It wasn't an easy decision but we wanted to be as fair as possible and also we had a huge outcry from the community on this issue. Only time will tell how disbursed our initial distribution will be but I watched consistently and we did have a lot of small investors who came in at a fraction of a BTC. I think we ended up with a fairly large number of investors.

We will know for sure once BTER gets us access to the API to see all of the transaction data and history for every buy and sell order.

I meant walk away from the argument about the offering.  I will stick around to buy some on the open market.  Thanks.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 05:05:44 PM

Just to give everyone an update, SyRenity just let me know that BTER provided the initial data this morning. We will still need 1-2 days to get it all worked out and get the Ledger up and make sure it is correct, but we can start work on that now! So it shouldn't be long and we will have everything up and running for you to see your investments, how much Crypti you are scheduled to receive, and get some initial data on the pre-sale! Thank you for being patient! 

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:33:01 PM

This thread was open for quite a while before the pre-sale actually started. There was plenty of time for anyone interested to get involved.

If you do want in, be ready for Aug 11th with a BTC funded BTER account. There are already people here willing to sell their stakes and even their BTER accounts. So, I'm sure there will be plenty of Crypti in the markets while the week hands sell for a quick profit.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:35:14 PM

In theory, Bill Gates could buy all Bitcoins in existence.

No he probably couldn't. As you buy, the price goes up. You can't just take the current price * population and think that will buy you all the coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: