Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:36:46 PM

Just set up a Crypti Node on DigitalOcean Smiley

Quick question, how do you do the following steps via console : https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/install.md#6-enable-forging

Code:
nano config.json

then arrow down

After editing the forging password :

"forging": {
        "secretPhrase" : "MYPASSWORD"
    }

What then, how do you exit/save the password?

ctrl+ X

then Y

Hmm, I did that, then restarted Crypti :

Code:
forever restart app.js

But now, it seems Crypti isn't running, when I try to access the web wallet it doesn't load any more. Do I need to reboot my droplet as well?

Here's the last thing I saw from the console :

Same thing happened to me on a couple of my failed attempts to get this working on AWS - the web wallet was working but then stopped working as soon as I edited the config file.

I'm not sure what happened there either. I went back and edited the config.json file again to remove the forging password and leave it in it's original state, but still when I restarted Crypti, nothing happened. It seems that editing the config.json file at all causes Crypti to crash.

@ Devs are we doing anything wrong here?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:37:38 PM

Da fAck with Cryptsy, how long we have to wait? This is unprofessional and embarrassing for an exchange!
SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

I actually think cryptsy has been very fast and is working hard on their end. The issues for many stem from Bter I think or their own personal wallet not syncing to the current version. Our Dev team is working with all parties to ensure we get everyone on the same version and the once syncs are complete everyones balances will reflect what they should.

GreXX could you at least shorten me the info about forging. How many Crypti should I have into wallet to forget something daily? It would be very helpful.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:39:59 PM

Da fAck with Cryptsy, how long we have to wait? This is unprofessional and embarrassing for an exchange!
SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

I actually think cryptsy has been very fast and is working hard on their end. The issues for many stem from Bter I think or their own personal wallet not syncing to the current version. Our Dev team is working with all parties to ensure we get everyone on the same version and the once syncs are complete everyones balances will reflect what they should.

GreXX could you at least shorten me the info about forging. How many Crypti should I have into wallet to forget something daily? It would be very helpful.

The wallet associated with the passphrase you are sing for forging must have 1000 Crypti for forging to initiate.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:40:22 PM

Try this... I'm forging right now off my AWS but it's just that I'm on 0.1.3... we all just have to wait for them to release 0.1.4 so we are forging on the right fork... They are testing it now..

Code:
forever stop app.js
Then
Code:
forever start app.js

Still not working.

Could this be a problem :
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:43:28 PM

Try this... I'm forging right now off my AWS but it's just that I'm on 0.1.3... we all just have to wait for them to release 0.1.4 so we are forging on the right fork... They are testing it now..

Code:
forever stop app.js
Then
Code:
forever start app.js

Still not working.

what does this show?

Code:
forever list 

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:47:17 PM

Code:
forever stop app.js
Then
Code:
forever start app.js

Still not working.

what does this show?

Code:
forever list 

This here :

It seems to be running though.
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:50:14 PM

SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

The wallet associated with the passphrase you are sing for forging must have 1000 Crypti for forging to initiate.

I have more than that on my online wallet, more than 24 hours, and still nothing forged.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

I have more than that on my online wallet, more than 24 hours, and still nothing forged.

You need to manually enable forging.
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:50:58 PM

Code:
forever stop app.js
Then
Code:
forever start app.js

Still not working.

what does this show?

Code:
forever list 

This here :

Right bc Node.js is not a loop... and it ran the default ms

now how are you trying to load your wallet?

http://serverip:6040/ <- replace "serverip" with your Public IP

then enter your passphrase in the wallet

Royalties
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:52:47 PM

SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

Sorry but how? And where this is explained?

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:53:23 PM

Code:
forever stop app.js
Then
Code:
forever start app.js

Still not working.

what does this show?

Code:
forever list 

This here :

Yep that's how I'm trying to load my wallet, but nothing's loading
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:54:26 PM

SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

Check here : https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/install.md#6-enable-forging
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:58:44 PM

SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

Check here : https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/install.md#6-enable-forging

So on online wallet I will not forge at all yes?

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:59:32 PM

SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

Correct
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:59:52 PM

Code:
forever stop app.js
Then
Code:
forever start app.js

Still not working.

what does this show?

Code:
forever list 

This here :

Well I would ask you to PM your screen shoot of the config.json but it now has your passphrase in it... So I would suggest you open up config.json again and make sure you haven't deleted a " or something like that... I have changed my config.json many times and never crashed my AWS

Royalties
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:02:03 PM

SHAME ON YOU CRYPTSY!

Correct

OK so, clear answer at last. Thanks.

samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Well I would ask you to PM your screen shoot of the config.json but it now has your passphrase in it... So I would suggest you open up config.json again and make sure you haven't deleted a " or something like that... I have changed my config.json many times and never crashed my AWS

What does your root dir look like?

Code:
cd
then
Code:
dir

Royalties
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:22:51 PM

Code:
cd
then
Code:
dir

I'm restoring my initial backup and starting afresh. I didn't create a backup before I enabled forging, so I have to start over. Once I create a backup with everything working before forging is enabled I'll give it another try
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:30:48 PM

Code:
cd
then
Code:
dir

Try this

Code:
forever stop app.js

Then

Code:
cd 

Then

Code:
npm install https://github.com/dazoe/ed25519/tarball/master

Then
Code:
cd node_modules

Then
Code:
cd ed25519

And run:

Code:
node-gyp configure

And then:

Code:
node-gyp build

After it builds, go back to crypti folder and run the installation again:

Code:
cd

Code:
cd 0.1.3

Code:
   npm install

Install node.js process manager:

Code:
sudo npm install -g forever

Royalties
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:36:18 PM

Code:
cd
then
Code:
dir

I'm restoring my initial backup and starting afresh. I didn't create a backup before I enabled forging, so I have to start over. Once I create a backup with everything working before forging is enabled I'll give it another try

If your going to start fresh then follow these steps at #4

Upload Crypti archive to server.
Code:
wget http://downloads.crypti.me/crypti-node/0.1.x/crypti-linux-0.1.3.zip

Unzip it:

Code:
sudo apt-get install unzip

Code:
unzip crypti-linux-0.1.3.zip

Go to crypti folder:

Code:
cd 0.1.3

Run command:

Code:
npm install

Code:
cd 

Then

Code:
npm install https://github.com/dazoe/ed25519/tarball/master

Then
Code:
cd node_modules

Then
Code:
cd ed25519

And run:

Code:
node-gyp configure

And then:

Code:
node-gyp build

After it builds, go back to crypti folder and run the installation again:

Code:
cd

Code:
cd 0.1.3

Code:
   npm install

Install node.js process manager:

Code:
sudo npm install -g forever

Royalties
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: