Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:30:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mydearvoice

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:18:45 AM

Wait for

samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:27:20 AM

Can anyone tell me what size their blockchain.db is currently?

informer

38690816 bytes

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:40:34 AM

Until the source code is not released I can't see this coin succeed. Bitcoin is a completely open source sentiment. When greedy people try to make money on the great work/idea of Satoshi Nakamoto with all kind of closed source projects, then the backbone of the market, the original BTC community doesn't like that, and therefore you don't make a lot money. With your greedy attitude your price will stagnate, max you will get 1-2 pumps and then go back to the original level. With the right attitude your price would be already 30k and could stay there.

Be transparent, don't be greedy, release your source code.

Crypti is a totally new code, so it has nothing to do with bitcoin.

Yes genius, I got that the Nodejs code base of Crypti has nothing to do with the Bitcoin source. I wouldn't assume you Javascript guys would comfortable coding in C anyway. I was talking about the general concept of crypto currency and the open source sentiment that had a decisive role in the success of Bitcoin and consequently alt crypto currencies. If Bitcoin would not be successful as it is then ppl like yourself with your closed source project wouldn't be able to fuck around to get out your few BTCs from the altcoin market.

And OS will only cause clones etc.

Precisely. That's what happened to the work of Linus Torvalds and Satoshi Nakamoto. That's why we have this forum software, many applications on your computers not to mention NodeJs, the completely open source framework that your shit is based on.

If you do not like that we are not OS go find a other coin that is so you wouldnt have to nag here.

No, I don't like you try to make a few bucks with your closed source software in the open sourced crypto currency world. You are here for the dollar, you asked the money from investors by publishing your project in this forum, therefore as I am an investor in this forum you have to put up with my opinion about greedy fuckers like yourself. As simple as that.

Now lets get to the point, when are you going to release your source code?

It was posted from day 1 that the source would be released quarterly to give us time to finish vital features before releasing the source to our competition to create clones. If you have a problem with the way we are going about it, that is your opinion and you are allowed to have it.

Precisely, and therefore you heard my opinion on the subject.

Your coin will stagnate until you don't comply with the very fundamental principle of crypto currencies and keep hiding your source code from the community. That's what happens to greedy developers, and when greed and short-sighted business considerations take precedence over acting with moral.

I fully understand in Russia the greed is the main driving force in society, personal relation and anything really. Such greed is manifested in this case in the form of an crypto currency and  take from the open source community (Nodejs, Bitcoin, etc.) and don't give back anything.

The low moral Putin boys have to understand that open source software is not a one way traffic, it requires not only take but give back to the community.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:48:08 AM

We should write to jl777 to join to the SuperNETWORK:

If you want to apply for you coin, write a PM to me with the following:
1. What makes your coin useful to the SuperNET. If your coin is just a clone of another coin with just some variables changed, there is no need to apply for inclusion into the CORE. It is just wasting of time. So, this means LTC cant get included in the CORE, however it can be in the spiral arms utilizing the power of the CORE.

2. Basic coin stats, believe it or not I have not memorized every coins current and future supply, emission curve, etc.

3. anything else you think will help me to understand your coin, the type of community, future goals, etc.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.100

I totally agree, Supernet will be huge! But to join supernet the coin needs to have a unique feature not other coin have,  does this coin have a unique feature that not other coin have? I hope crypti join supernet

I do not agree at all. Basically all jl777 wants to do is get features from other coins, which BTCD, doesn't have and use them to BTCD's advantage. I don't see the point in helping out another coin establish it's own network, with the use of our features, when it only benefits them. Why should Crypti really "ask" to be put into a network that doesn't benefit us in any way.

With that being said, I'm wholly for the idea of a Storj & Crypti partnership as GreXX mentioned a few pages back. Why? Becuase Storj will be utilizing our network and providing a service for Crypti users. They could create an App with Crypti's custom blockchain to enable use of MetaDisk and DriveShare on the Crypti network. This is a mutually beneficial partnership. Supernet on the other hand wants all coins to bend over and provide features for the hub of the network which is BTCD.

Crypti with custom blockchains support, can be it's own Supernet, which is why I don't see the point of becoming part of an inferior network.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:50:23 AM

Your coin will stagnate until you don't comply with the very fundamental principle of crypto currencies and keep hiding your source code from the community. That's what happens to greedy developers, and when greed and short-sighted business considerations take precedence over acting with moral.

I fully understand in Russia the greed is the main driving force in society, personal relation and anything really. Such greed is manifested in this case in the form of an crypto currency and  take from the open source community (Nodejs, Bitcoin, etc.) and don't give back anything.

The low moral Putin boys have to understand that open source software is not a one way traffic, it requires not only take but give back to the community.

Bitcoin is MIT licensed.

Quote from: Satoshi
If you GPL stuff, I have to avoid using it.  Nothing against GPL per-se, but Bitcoin is an MIT license project.  Anything GPL please clearly mark it as such.

Satoshi says fuck you.
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:53:12 AM

Explain me this, how does Crypti being open-source affect you in any way? Secondly you say that the Crypti devs are greedy and they are trying to make money off their project. That is perfectly fine if they make money off their own creation, but according to you that's immoral.

But I guess you're okay with the fact that as soon as the source code is released and numerous clones start popping up, all of their so called "developers" will be making tons of cash of the Crypti devs' creation, yet they themselves have only changed the title of their clone and have contributed in no way at all to the source code. Where is the logic in that?

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:59:59 AM

Until the source code is not released I can't see this coin succeed. Bitcoin is a completely open source sentiment. When greedy people try to make money on the great work/idea of Satoshi Nakamoto with all kind of closed source projects, then the backbone of the market, the original BTC community doesn't like that, and therefore you don't make a lot money. With your greedy attitude your price will stagnate, max you will get 1-2 pumps and then go back to the original level. With the right attitude your price would be already 30k and could stay there.

Be transparent, don't be greedy, release your source code.

Crypti is a totally new code, so it has nothing to do with bitcoin.

Yes genius, I got that the Nodejs code base of Crypti has nothing to do with the Bitcoin source. I wouldn't assume you Javascript guys would comfortable coding in C anyway. I was talking about the general concept of crypto currency and the open source sentiment that had a decisive role in the success of Bitcoin and consequently alt crypto currencies. If Bitcoin would not be successful as it is then ppl like yourself with your closed source project wouldn't be able to fuck around to get out your few BTCs from the altcoin market.

And OS will only cause clones etc.

Precisely. That's what happened to the work of Linus Torvalds and Satoshi Nakamoto. That's why we have this forum software, many applications on your computers not to mention NodeJs, the completely open source framework that your shit is based on.

If you do not like that we are not OS go find a other coin that is so you wouldnt have to nag here.

No, I don't like you try to make a few bucks with your closed source software in the open sourced crypto currency world. You are here for the dollar, you asked the money from investors by publishing your project in this forum, therefore as I am an investor in this forum you have to put up with my opinion about greedy fuckers like yourself. As simple as that.

Now lets get to the point, when are you going to release your source code?

It was posted from day 1 that the source would be released quarterly to give us time to finish vital features before releasing the source to our competition to create clones. If you have a problem with the way we are going about it, that is your opinion and you are allowed to have it.

Quarterly release is not 'giving nothing back'. I am all for open source, I've been involved with Devcoin for a while which is all about open source software, and I've written many articles on the subject including being published on opensource.com. If a project publishes its source code quarterly then it is open source . The great thing about open source is not that it lets you create crappy clones and compete with the original project, its to use the innovations in different projects or build on them with something new - and if that is what you want then there is no reason for you to have a problem waiting for a quarterly release. The only reason to insist on having it now is because you want to create a copy with no innovation itself to compete with the original - and that is 'low morals' and an abuse of the open source spirit.
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

I adore the maturity of people here in this forum, but to my view that dirty mouth moralboy clone troll with his not so hidden agenda lost his eligibility for response as soon as he started to show his racist face.

Smiley sorry. I feel much better now..
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:26:23 PM

Anything you want to see on [Suspicious link removed]? Smiley

Notifications and call for actions should get most of the attention

What do you mean? Can you elaborate? Smiley

Anything you want to see on crypti.ws? Smiley

Yes.  A daily posting of the current blockchain, so new wallets and those that have not synced for awhile can save hours of DL time.

Also a link to CryptiTalk and this forum.

How about a XCR faucet?

I don't want to post a daily blockchain snapshot, as I could fake it. A link to CryptiTalk and this forum is in the footer.

A XCR faucet sounds good. I'll look into this. Smiley

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:30:59 PM

I adore the maturity of people here in this forum, but to my view that dirty mouth moralboy clone troll with his not so hidden agenda lost his eligibility for response as soon as he started to show his racist face.

You mean me. hey nice sockpuppet account and Bizzare character role playing, good.

Now where are the people who the developer said he was contacting to check the source code?

anyone or is he lying?
richwang

Activity: 605

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:31:10 PM

Watch Bter closely.  It only takes 10000XCR dumped to bring the price to 1200, and a total of 25000XCR would bring the price to 1050 range.  This is a prime opportunity for a "dump and hump". 
dump will happen, but no hump

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:32:28 PM

Watch Bter closely.  It only takes 10000XCR dumped to bring the price to 1200, and a total of 25000XCR would bring the price to 1050 range.  This is a prime opportunity for a "dump and hump".  

I'm thinking it might go below ICO price.

NAH, it would take a rather large dump for that.  Cryptsy is mostly buying in the 1800s; where as Bter is mostly dumping in the 1500s.

Edit:  Taking a closer look at Cryptsy, it would only take a 1 BTC dump of about 130,000 XCR to bring the price to under 1000sats.  Bter would need a 20BTC dump to get to 1000sats, and another 5.5 BTC to get under that

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:37:05 PM

Watch Bter closely.  It only takes 10000XCR dumped to bring the price to 1200, and a total of 25000XCR would bring the price to 1050 range.  This is a prime opportunity for a "dump and hump". 
dump will happen, but no hump

"dump and hump" refers to dumping shares so that the price drops quickly, and other share holders panic and sell, thus dropping the price further.  Then they "hump" the investors by buying back in at the very low price.

If you are referring to the situation where a stock drops a lot, then has a small increase....... that's referred to as a "dead cat bounce"

hobogo

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:39:57 PM

I've misunderstood the purpose of this site, thought it tries to harness the community for helping in specific tasks for the project..
Notifications is still relevant (the main stuff that the Devs want to communicate with the community)
highlighted next step in the project + inner link to a full roadmap (when available) might be nice.
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:37:52 PM

Another item I would like to see on the list of things to implement, although not directly to XCR the coin, is an email distribution list for wallet/forge updates, Major announcements, etc.

informer

We have a mailchimp account and will have a signup membership to be Foundation members as well as one to be notified of updates. This will all be part of the site re-design.

When can we expect the re-design by? Also GreXX any update on the expanded info for the roadmap?

I should have the expanded info up tonight or tomorrow.

As far as the re-design, we are having trouble finding the right designer and are still interviewing candidates. We will let you all know when someone is hired and we begin work.

If you really want to hire the best designers out there, post a Job Listing on Dribbble : https://dribbble.com/jobs. Companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft etc have all sourced designers from Dribbble. There is no single place where you can find better talented designers than on Dribbble.

You can even hire multiple designers and organize them to work in teams, much like what Dropbox is doing : https://dribbble.com/dropbox. I guarantee you, that you will find the best designers on Dribbble, there is no other place like it.

Secondly, why hire only one designer? Given the amount of funding, I would recommend hiring two designers, with one specializing in UI/UX and the other in Web Design. That way you can delegate design tasks between them, the UX designer could design the mock-ups and hand it over to the other to code it. Secondly with separate designers for each design field you could have one working on the wallet UI and the other on the new site.

You could also hire entire teams to do your initial design work. The team will have it's own internal developers, web designers, UI Designers, Motion Authors etc. For example here is one of the leading design teams : https://dribbble.com/Creativedash

The last thing I recommend is providing Design Guidelines for new designers coming into the team. Once Crypti has been re-branded and everything has settled down it is critical that your current designers create a "Guidelines" so that new designers that come into the team can maintain the same design style that was previously used. For example here's a typical design guideline presentation from another company : http://www.julienrenvoye.fr/corefx/

With just a 5 minute look at a few profiles it's obvious that there are some really talented people on Dribble. Do you know what average pricing is for these guys? What kind of salaries do they typically look for (U.S. based designers)?

I know, you guys have raised some funds.. But US based designers are quite expensive, minimum $25 an hour and up to $75. I'd suggest other countries and can get some great work done. I've spent tens of thousands on freelance work. So have some experience in that field.. I'd post a couple projects on freelance sites and evaluate the candidates. I do have some contacts that might work out well for the jobs, if you're interested. There more affordable and do quality work at the same time.
Regards,

Never EVER go with freelancers, although they may get the work done quickly and cheaply, the quality of their work is never good. Rather spend that extra bit of money on a quality design team or designer instead of taking half measures.

The Crypti devs want Crypti to compete with Stripe, PayPal etc head on and if Crypti's website or wallet doesn't look good, then it's dead before it's even started. Do you think the average Joe is going to spend time reading Crypti's whitepaper? No, the average Joe pays more attention to how something looks rather than how it functions behind the scenes. That is why Crypti's design is one of its most important aspects.

I agree, design has to be very good but spending too much money is a waste of resource. When building website the most important thing is that you make a "working" website structure. That means that you easily get visitors involved, all information is easibly accesible, all benefits are clear and simple.
So thats why I think that a lot more resources has to be spent to make a useable website that "sells" and sometimes it goes in an opposite direction with design, but thats how it is. Ofcourse deign has to be superb but from my experience spending too much on design wont make growt. You have to attract people give them best solution for their problems and explain the benefits. You have to develop a good viral strategy that is consistent with the main objectives.
I hope that helps a bit.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

@Devs

Any update on 0.1.6?
karmacoma24

Activity: 178

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

@Devs

Any update on 0.1.6?

Boris was just in IRC channel and he is working hard on it. He said needs testing. Hopes to release today or tomorrow.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

@Devs

Any update on 0.1.6?

Boris was just in IRC channel and he is working hard on it. He said needs testing. Hopes to release today or tomorrow.

Ah okay
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:17:56 PM

You mean me. hey nice sockpuppet account and Bizzare character role playing, good.

Now where are the people who the developer said he was contacting to check the source code?

anyone or is he lying?

We have been in contact with a team of highly respected security and code auditors since a month ago but were awaiting funds release to finalize negotiations on price. We are currently in the process of finalizing a deal. I don't know if you have ever actually run a business or if you just critique them for a living, but these types of negotiations can sometimes take time. It requires everyone agree to and draft up an agreeable NDA, price negotiations, as well as determining exactly what will be accomplished in the audit. We will make an announcement as soon as everything is finalized and they ready to start the audit.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:19:59 PM

I've misunderstood the purpose of this site, thought it tries to harness the community for helping in specific tasks for the project..
Notifications is still relevant (the main stuff that the Devs want to communicate with the community)
highlighted next step in the project + inner link to a full roadmap (when available) might be nice.

Our next steps have been discussed in detail and a roadmap is available.

We are currently working on the Windows Wallet, proper Block Explorer, and Custom Block Chains, in that order. Development following that can be found in the roadmap here: http://blog.crypti.me/crypti-development-roadmap/

Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: