Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:30:48 PM

We are currently working on the Windows Wallet...

Yup...  Boot2Docker is pretty much toast the past couple of days for some reason.

Well to be honest, it was only meant to be a temporary solution until we could get the 1-click wallet complete so that people could install on cloud servers and multi-platform at launch. I think the problems with the docker installs though should also be fixed in 0.1.6 from what Boris has said.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 03:00:29 PM

Well to be honest, it was only meant to be a temporary solution until we could get the 1-click wallet complete so that people could install on cloud servers and multi-platform at launch. I think the problems with the docker installs though should also be fixed in 0.1.6 from what Boris has said.

True...  I just wanted to drop a note because I have been very successful overall using Boot2Docker.

Yeah, I actually like the docker option. I thought it was easy to load and it is really easy to update as well. We just need to fix the syncing issues so it is more consistent and doesn't require a delete of the db and reload periodically like it does now.

rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:07:56 PM

I adore the maturity of people here in this forum, but to my view that dirty mouth moralboy clone troll with his not so hidden agenda lost his eligibility for response as soon as he started to show his racist face.

Smiley sorry. I feel much better now..

You mean me. hey nice sockpuppet account and Bizzare character role playing, good.

Now where are the people who the developer said he was contacting to check the source code?

anyone or is he lying?

We have been in contact with a team of highly respected security and code auditors since a month ago but were awaiting funds release to finalize negotiations on price. We are currently in the process of finalizing a deal. I don't know if you have ever actually run a business or if you just critique them for a living, but these types of negotiations can sometimes take time. It requires everyone agree to and draft up an agreeable NDA, price negotiations, as well as determining exactly what will be accomplished in the audit. We will make an announcement as soon as everything is finalized and they ready to start the audit.

In one day you could get guys respected from NXT to look at the code for 1 BTC. They would know you cloned NXT as well so they would be perfect. Such BS.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:12:48 PM

I adore the maturity of people here in this forum, but to my view that dirty mouth moralboy clone troll with his not so hidden agenda lost his eligibility for response as soon as he started to show his racist face.

You mean me. hey nice sockpuppet account and Bizzare character role playing, good.

Now where are the people who the developer said he was contacting to check the source code?

anyone or is he lying?

We have been in contact with a team of highly respected security and code auditors since a month ago but were awaiting funds release to finalize negotiations on price. We are currently in the process of finalizing a deal. I don't know if you have ever actually run a business or if you just critique them for a living, but these types of negotiations can sometimes take time. It requires everyone agree to and draft up an agreeable NDA, price negotiations, as well as determining exactly what will be accomplished in the audit. We will make an announcement as soon as everything is finalized and they ready to start the audit.

In one day you could get guys respected from NXT to look at the code for 1 BTC. They would know you cloned NXT as well so they would be perfect. Such BS.

Sorry, but that's not true. I'm a NXT dev (not a core dev, but I took a look into the NXT sourcecode). Stop posting BS.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 03:16:32 PM

anyone or is he lying?

You do know that Crypti isn't even PoS right?

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:31:53 PM

anyone or is he lying?

rabbiter:

How come you are not posting your FUD in a blog that is a REAL SCAM?  

Go here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763369

Could be a good investment for you    Grin Grin Grin

The IPO there is only 100,000 satoshi a coin.  How could you pass that up?

informer

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

OK, I think I figured out what may be my forging problem. I'm running it on a free instance t2.micro which has only 1 GB RAM. Watching the free memory I can see it pegging out up to around 950MB and then bash fork crash. It appears the larger this blockchain grows the more memory it's using. I'm thinking about going ahead and upgrading to the 2 GB or 4GB RAM package but wanted to see what hardware you are using with success?

informer

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

why the coin is going down..soon will equal the price I bought it for in the IPO

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Litoshi

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:50:27 PM

OK, I think I figured out what may be my forging problem. I'm running it on a free instance t2.micro which has only 1 GB RAM. Watching the free memory I can see it pegging out up to around 950MB and then bash fork crash. It appears the larger this blockchain grows the more memory it's using. I'm thinking about going ahead and upgrading to the 2 GB or 4GB RAM package but wanted to see what hardware you are using with success?

informer

A high demand for RAM to DL the blockchain is going to complicate the planned Mobile Wallet and Mobile Forging nodes.  

Seems that your software should be writting to disk or swap file instead of loading up the RAM.  What distro are you using?  Did you set up a swap file?

Litoshi

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:57:37 PM

why the coin is going down..soon will equal the price I bought it for in the IPO

The value of XCR is the same, but the trade price is falling because until the devs release more features, XCR is just another coin to trade for other coins.  

You know, the IPO was all about getting BTC to fund the further development of XCR?  The devs have received some of the escrowed funds, and are now filling positions for designer, program writer, etc.  If you read the last 30 posts here, you would see that.

The price of XCR will go up again as soon as the windows wallet is released.  Check the roadmap for future features:  http://blog.crypti.me/crypti-development-roadmap/

As more features are included in XCR, the value and thus the price will go up.  

Right now XCR is a newborn baby.  Of what use is a new born baby?  NONE.... but with care and feeding, potentially you have another Einstein, or Steve Jobs, or lady GAGA

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:14:08 PM

but the trade price is falling because until the devs release more features, XCR is just another coin to trade for other coins.

I think it has more to do with a major change in the dynamics and when the release occurred.  It was a very dynamic captive market on Bter and then it was officially released and people started pulling coins off Bter into their wallets.  At the same time, it was added to two more exchanges and people started moving coins to the other exchanges as well.  Add to that end of August when people are more into the last gasp of summer, end of the month and a long weekend to boot, it just all adds up to a drop in the price IMO.  A lot of coins seem to have really weak buy support right now.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 05:17:12 PM

informer

We have some problem with memory, but it's already fixed in 0.1.6 version.

I have multiple nodes forging on multiple platforms analyzing the optimal requirements for a node... After the release of 0.1.6 with less memory requirements I will be analyzing once again.... At which point we will have a better idea of server requirements to recommend

0.1.6 Is on it's way

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
rabbiter

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:17:24 PM

Developers dumping and then the shrilly come out telling people to buy. Like Clockwork...tick...tock....tick....tock
rabbiter

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:18:41 PM

Apparently it takes more than a month for someone to check the code.

Anyone believe that?

I got a bridge to sell you. Lol
menno1986

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:31:03 PM

The value of XCR is the same, but the trade price is falling because until the devs release more features, XCR is just another coin to trade for other coins.  

You know, the IPO was all about getting BTC to fund the further development of XCR?  The devs have received some of the escrowed funds, and are now filling positions for designer, program writer, etc.  If you read the last 30 posts here, you would see that.

The price of XCR will go up again as soon as the windows wallet is released.  Check the roadmap for future features:  http://blog.crypti.me/crypti-development-roadmap/

Right now XCR is a newborn baby.  Of what use is a new born baby?  NONE.... but with care and feeding, potentially you have another Einstein, or Steve Jobs, or lady GAGA

+1 Litoshi, can't wait for the Windows Wallet, will it be available in let's say the next two weeks?
Litoshi

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:38:29 PM

Developers dumping and then the shrilly come out telling people to buy. Like Clockwork...tick...tock....tick....tock

Anyone believe that?

And I have a clock for you, rabbiter.......   Grin Grin Grin

(For the non-chinese readers here, let me explain:  Clock and Death are similar words in mandarin.  Giving someone a clock is equivalent of saying "please die")

Litoshi

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:43:19 PM

+1 Litoshi, can't wait for the Windows Wallet, will it be available in let's say the next two weeks?

I am not on the Crypti team, but I can read the posts here.  GreXX posted this on the previous page about 8 hours ago:

We are currently working on the Windows Wallet, proper Block Explorer, and Custom Block Chains, in that order. Development following that can be found in the roadmap here: http://blog.crypti.me/crypti-development-roadmap

As with all things computer, It's done when it's done, and then it isn't.

informer

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 05:49:02 PM

informer

We have some problem with memory, but it's already fixed in 0.1.6 version.

I have multiple nodes forging on multiple platforms analyzing the optimal requirements for a node... After the release of 0.1.6 with less memory requirements I will be analyzing once again.... At which point we will have a better idea of server requirements to recommend

0.1.6 Is on it's way

Yes, I knew there was a memory fix in 0.1.6. I'm just posting my findings for the community and to get some feedback on what other forgers are using hardware-wise. I am interested in seeing how 0.1.6 will perform on my current setup but also interested in seeing what performance boosts may be gained with a more robust system. I will be testing on both.

informer

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:04:21 PM

Another item I would like to see on the list of things to implement, although not directly to XCR the coin, is an email distribution list for wallet/forge updates, Major announcements, etc.

informer

We have a mailchimp account and will have a signup membership to be Foundation members as well as one to be notified of updates. This will all be part of the site re-design.

When can we expect the re-design by? Also GreXX any update on the expanded info for the roadmap?

I should have the expanded info up tonight or tomorrow.

As far as the re-design, we are having trouble finding the right designer and are still interviewing candidates. We will let you all know when someone is hired and we begin work.

If you really want to hire the best designers out there, post a Job Listing on Dribbble : https://dribbble.com/jobs. Companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft etc have all sourced designers from Dribbble. There is no single place where you can find better talented designers than on Dribbble.

You can even hire multiple designers and organize them to work in teams, much like what Dropbox is doing : https://dribbble.com/dropbox. I guarantee you, that you will find the best designers on Dribbble, there is no other place like it.

Secondly, why hire only one designer? Given the amount of funding, I would recommend hiring two designers, with one specializing in UI/UX and the other in Web Design. That way you can delegate design tasks between them, the UX designer could design the mock-ups and hand it over to the other to code it. Secondly with separate designers for each design field you could have one working on the wallet UI and the other on the new site.

You could also hire entire teams to do your initial design work. The team will have it's own internal developers, web designers, UI Designers, Motion Authors etc. For example here is one of the leading design teams : https://dribbble.com/Creativedash

The last thing I recommend is providing Design Guidelines for new designers coming into the team. Once Crypti has been re-branded and everything has settled down it is critical that your current designers create a "Guidelines" so that new designers that come into the team can maintain the same design style that was previously used. For example here's a typical design guideline presentation from another company : http://www.julienrenvoye.fr/corefx/

With just a 5 minute look at a few profiles it's obvious that there are some really talented people on Dribble. Do you know what average pricing is for these guys? What kind of salaries do they typically look for (U.S. based designers)?

I know, you guys have raised some funds.. But US based designers are quite expensive, minimum $25 an hour and up to $75. I'd suggest other countries and can get some great work done. I've spent tens of thousands on freelance work. So have some experience in that field.. I'd post a couple projects on freelance sites and evaluate the candidates. I do have some contacts that might work out well for the jobs, if you're interested. There more affordable and do quality work at the same time.
Regards,

Never EVER go with freelancers, although they may get the work done quickly and cheaply, the quality of their work is never good. Rather spend that extra bit of money on a quality design team or designer instead of taking half measures.

The Crypti devs want Crypti to compete with Stripe, PayPal etc head on and if Crypti's website or wallet doesn't look good, then it's dead before it's even started. Do you think the average Joe is going to spend time reading Crypti's whitepaper? No, the average Joe pays more attention to how something looks rather than how it functions behind the scenes. That is why Crypti's design is one of its most important aspects.

Maybe, you haven't had some good experience with freelance designers. I've had good luck with them over the years.. But, you have to be selective and evaluate each candidate thoroughly...
regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:07:06 PM

Anyone believe that?

move along.. If you don't like what you see.. They're working on it

Avalanche is a must own
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: