Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:43:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:48:38 PM

This project was just too slow. Unless crazy stuff come out of stealth VERY soon, this thing is done. Lot's of non-exponential improvements won't do, network effects will win out. This project needs (needed) exponentially better tech/product offering.

The new algorithm doesn't do it and SOUND OF NEM (LOL) sure as hell won't get us there either.

Overall, I'm disappointed. Hope to be proven wrong.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:09:44 PM

This project was just too slow. Unless crazy stuff come out of stealth VERY soon, this thing is done. Lot's of non-exponential improvements won't do, network effects will win out. This project needs (needed) exponentially better tech/product offering.

The new algorithm doesn't do it and SOUND OF NEM (LOL) sure as hell won't get us there either.

Wrong.....I see good people coming to NEM and they are impressed with the project and what is happening. Sure on btt it seems like nothing is happening but its not the case. Why dont you try to help rather than slate ?

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:15:25 PM

I think the project is DEAD. Nothing for me to help at this stage in my estimation. If I'm wrong, great, I have money sunk here. I'm just losing hope that I may indeed be wrong, that's all.

Would be happy to hear about concrete reasons that the project is doing "well"... who are these "good people", what has been BUILT and what is working in a way that is exponentially better than the other projects?

Usually, all I see in this thread is "hey guys, the price will be $294839248 per NEM in the future, buy now. Which is what we see in every thread.

I don't care about price, but, show me VALUE, where is it? Why is it there? How is it exponentially better than what we have in BTC and how is it so much better that the network effects of BTC should be ignored?

I'm eager to hear responses. I hope those that think I'm wrong are INDEED right!

Wrong.....I see good people coming to NEM and they are impressed with the project and what is happening. Sure on btt it seems like nothing is happening but its not the case. Why dont you try to help rather than slate ?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:16:55 PM

Well, the project mainly needs more use cases which will be realized to increase transactions and to attract more users to get into NEM and use the coin. The Poi algorithm is ideal for users with low stacks so we have advantages over other coins.

Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:21:51 PM

rtrtcrypto, if you have many xem coins- sell Cheesy
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:27:43 PM

I don't sell my positions in crypto. Ever.

I will sell the day some project hits a stratospheric homerun, not before that. If NEM has .01% chance of taking off, I will hold. Still, from all my crypto bets, NEM seems the least interesting to me at this stage.

But, I will wait and find out.

rtrtcrypto, if you have many xem coins- sell Cheesy
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:36:00 PM

I think the project is DEAD. Nothing for me to help at this stage in my estimation. If I'm wrong, great, I have money sunk here. I'm just losing hope that I may indeed be wrong, that's all.

Would be happy to hear about concrete reasons that the project is doing "well"... who are these "good people", what has been BUILT and what is working in a way that is exponentially better than the other projects?

Usually, all I see in this thread is "hey guys, the price will be $294839248 per NEM in the future, buy now. Which is what we see in every thread.

I don't care about price, but, show me VALUE, where is it? Why is it there? How is it exponentially better than what we have in BTC and how is it so much better that the network effects of BTC should be ignored?

I'm eager to hear responses. I hope those that think I'm wrong are INDEED right!

How long have you been with NEM? There is a LOT of stuff you are probably not aware of that has killed this coin over its lifespan, year late deadlines, silly projects, and scamming developers, etc... It just seems to get worse as time goes on.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:40:30 PM

From Day 0. I just stopped following once things slowed down so much. Again, I don't even mean the price. I just don't see anything moving with this project - at least, nothing is presented here (outside of a text here or there talking about what might be).

How long have you been with NEM? There is a LOT of stuff you are probably not aware of that has killed this coin over its lifespan, year late deadlines, silly projects, and scamming developers, etc... It just seems to get worse as time goes on.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:44:13 PM

I should add, I was always skeptical that "distribution" would be an asset to this project. Both because PARETO would destroy any "fair" distribution and because these communities are still way too small.

So, maybe the algorithm is interesting - but, it has become clear that it does not present an exponential improvement on anything. So, the strong/large community of LTC (which I don't like and don't hold) produces MORE value than the technologically superior algorithm running NEM produces.

As such, we can't even take a slice out of obsolete clones - much less pretend to make a dent on BTC's marketshare and network advantages.

NEM is not even BETAMAX.
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:53:09 PM

rtrtcrypto, why it's simple not to sell and leave silently? Roll Eyes
why this criticism to nem devs is necessary that they do nothing new?
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:10:57 PM

I'd like to hear from the developers as to what is happening?
I don't feel like hiding my skepticism. That's all.
If the project works, I'd think that was an awesome outcome.

Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:18:36 PM

I'd like to hear from the developers as to what is happening?
I don't feel like hiding my skepticism. That's all.
If the project works, I'd think that was an awesome outcome.

all questions will be answered by a forum- https://forum.nem.io
this thread on btt for trolling Smiley
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:56:53 PM

First you said "...but independent Blockchains will die..." (maybe true and makes sense), than you said: "... ask yourself why someone would transact with NEM over Bitcoin, ETH, Nxt, etc...." (means eth, nxt, ETC !? is better than NEM? That´s  nonsense, because i ask myself why eth, nxt and etc are better than nem? Especially in this stage of development).  Or do I understand something wrong?

yes. he tries to tell us that we need to attach blockchain nem to blockchain btc. but we have much more the best blockchain than at btc therefore i wouldn't begin to attach on a place of devs blockchain nem to blockchain btc even if it is possible. i think that it's possible, but we it don't need to pull on ourselves a network which in future will die and us for itself will pull in a grave.

I'm not telling NEM to do anything, you can critique my posts all you want as a distraction from reality. I'm making reference to short term price/value over alternative crypto's (as a business would do in the current crypto landscape) and long term viability as it relates to relationship with Bitcoin. I'm just stating my opinion and what many probably feel in their gut. If you didn't own NEM, you wouldn't say it was destined for success.  I wish the team all the success, but I can see the writing on the wall.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:57:12 AM

First you said "...but independent Blockchains will die..." (maybe true and makes sense), than you said: "... ask yourself why someone would transact with NEM over Bitcoin, ETH, Nxt, etc...." (means eth, nxt, ETC !? is better than NEM? That´s  nonsense, because i ask myself why eth, nxt and etc are better than nem? Especially in this stage of development).  Or do I understand something wrong?

yes. he tries to tell us that we need to attach blockchain nem to blockchain btc. but we have much more the best blockchain than at btc therefore i wouldn't begin to attach on a place of devs blockchain nem to blockchain btc even if it is possible. i think that it's possible, but we it don't need to pull on ourselves a network which in future will die and us for itself will pull in a grave.

I'm not telling NEM to do anything, you can critique my posts all you want as a distraction from reality. I'm making reference to short term price/value over alternative crypto's (as a business would do in the current crypto landscape) and long term viability as it relates to relationship with Bitcoin. I'm just stating my opinion and what many probably feel in their gut. If you didn't own NEM, you wouldn't say it was destined for success.  I wish the team all the success, but I can see the writing on the wall.

I think NEM is making good progress!
Dont know what it is with the trolls!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 02:32:13 AM

Well, the project mainly needs more use cases which will be realized to increase transactions and to attract more users to get into NEM and use the coin. The Poi algorithm is ideal for users with low stacks so we have advantages over other coins.

PoI importances can be used to weight all sorts of things to help realize practical DAOs/DACs. That's a topic I hope to explore more in the coming year.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:08:31 AM

First you said "...but independent Blockchains will die..." (maybe true and makes sense), than you said: "... ask yourself why someone would transact with NEM over Bitcoin, ETH, Nxt, etc...." (means eth, nxt, ETC !? is better than NEM? That´s  nonsense, because i ask myself why eth, nxt and etc are better than nem? Especially in this stage of development).  Or do I understand something wrong?

I'm not telling NEM to do anything, you can critique my posts all you want as a distraction from reality. I'm making reference to short term price/value over alternative crypto's (as a business would do in the current crypto landscape) and long term viability as it relates to relationship with Bitcoin. I'm just stating my opinion and what many probably feel in their gut. If you didn't own NEM, you wouldn't say it was destined for success.  I wish the team all the success, but I can see the writing on the wall.

LOL. Both the price and volume have been miserable. The project was launched like 2 years ago. Plus vast majority of coins are still in control by developers or reserved as future funds I fully expect prices will drop below 10 sat in 2016 as more coins are released

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:26:38 AM

First you said "...but independent Blockchains will die..." (maybe true and makes sense), than you said: "... ask yourself why someone would transact with NEM over Bitcoin, ETH, Nxt, etc...." (means eth, nxt, ETC !? is better than NEM? That´s  nonsense, because i ask myself why eth, nxt and etc are better than nem? Especially in this stage of development).  Or do I understand something wrong?

I'm not telling NEM to do anything, you can critique my posts all you want as a distraction from reality. I'm making reference to short term price/value over alternative crypto's (as a business would do in the current crypto landscape) and long term viability as it relates to relationship with Bitcoin. I'm just stating my opinion and what many probably feel in their gut. If you didn't own NEM, you wouldn't say it was destined for success.  I wish the team all the success, but I can see the writing on the wall.

LOL. Both the price and volume have been miserable. The project was launched like 2 years ago. Plus vast majority of coins are still in control by developers or reserved as future funds I fully expect prices will drop below 10 sat in 2016 as more coins are released

Its not all about the price!

Its trolls that go on and on about the price that really annoy me!

What about the price of NXT, Blackcoin, monero, etc, alot of them are currently down!
Besides, people are holding onto their stash, no one wants to sell.

Low price is good for those that want to get in early!

Sick of all the speculators that want to make a quick buck overnight, if thats for you, go buy a lottery ticket. No such thing as get rich quick except for a small minority.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:36:26 AM

Sick of all the speculators that want to make a quick buck overnight, if thats for you, go buy a lottery ticket. No such thing as get rich quick except for a small minority.

Then there is a great function for you. It's called "Ignore" Wink

mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:50:54 AM

Its not all about the price!

Its trolls that go on and on about the price that really annoy me!

What about the price of NXT, Blackcoin, monero, etc, alot of them are currently down!
Besides, people are holding onto their stash, no one wants to sell.

Low price is good for those that want to get in early!

Its not about a quick buck at all. Its about steady growth which is what any investor looks for crypto or stocks. Xem is a steady decline so yeah investors like me are pretty pissed about the lack of results from the dev team. There literally has been nothing launched all year.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:07:14 PM

There is a LOT of stuff you are probably not aware of that has killed this coin over its lifespan, year late deadlines, silly projects, and scamming developers, etc...

This is going too far. Wrong accusations like this, without explaining why you think like this is not ok.
I know how much time and effort was spent on making sure everything is as fair as possible. I personally invested a LOT of time in this too, so I understand your post as a personal insult. If you do not explain in an objective manner why you write stuff like this, I'll think about blocking you in this thread.
Pages: « 1 ... 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: