Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:50:28 PM

So I read ...thread over thread over thread over website again other website again some big bullshit ...and ended up here. Where guess ...what ? I found more bs. I can't find the end of this ....where is the silver lining in this "Crypto" or how it is?
It says something like : "The fundraising is especially designed to promote fairness and egalitarianism. This is the first funding scheme of this type ever and we believe it is revolutionary in its effort to bring egalitarianism to the crypto industry. "
How is promoting fairness and egalitarianism ? And how raising funds on Bitcointalk with a lausy Google Spreadsheet is revolutionary ?
Can please somebody tell me what the hell is this ?

I interpret this as: Dont let the pups take control of a big part of coin, using methods ( You'll have to find it by yourself somewhere on ournem forum).

Spreadsheet is a very effective way to make a lot of people to have the same information....

you talked about: Silver coins, inbdirectely  about Pups and about the google Spreadsheet thing...

for sure you are angry with something you dont want to tell us!

Shocked

Parana

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:51:51 PM

cos the blockchain is on the server...

If this server is controlled by you then it's the same as in Nxt, I'm interested in the scenario when remove server is controlled by a hacker, can you still harvest there?

As the privites Keys are yours and they are on your computer used to access the remote server, why not? ( you dont send your keys over the network)

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:54:30 PM

As the privites Keys are yours and they are on your computer used to access the remote server, why not? ( you dont send your keys over the network)

So, if you have a full client then you see the whole blockchain and can harvest locally.
If you have a lightweight client then you don't see the whole blockchain and can harvest only by signing data received from remote server(s).
And now imagine that network is sybil-attacked and the attacker can trick you into harvesting on a fork...
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:59:03 PM

So, if you have a full client then you see the whole blockchain and can harvest locally.
If you have a lightweight client then you don't see the whole blockchain and can harvest only by signing data received from remote server(s).
And now imagine that network is sybil-attacked and the attacker can trick you into harvesting on a fork...

easy fix, allow ncc to query multiple nis to ensure that the server your are harvesting on is not on a fork. eigentrust could also play a part but im not sure exactly how it works. from my minimal understanding of it, possible eigentrust could effectively blacklist the node with bad data and stop you from harvesting on it. idk, just thinking that could be a possibility to prevent that.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
mixmaster

Activity: 388

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:00:39 AM

I can't recognize anything dangerouse.

A "lightweight" client is nothing else than NCC connecting to any NIS (not running locally on your machine, but somewhere else). So you do see the whole blockchain, just with the eyes of another node. You don't have to trust that node, because you don't send him a private key with funds, but just a private key with the importance score of your account with funds. The harvested fees are still not at risk, because they are sent to the "original" account with funds directly.
Parana

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:01:02 AM

I really dont see this as a problem... for any kind of transaction, you'll need the passwork to access the wallet locally ( where is the beloved money). you just need to be sure your node is up to date on blockchain.

Probably, after restart the server, the syncing will be enough to make everything work as expected.

This kind of situation will lead you to harvest nothing, cause you are on a paralel chain, and not on the main blockchain, where transactions happens. Unless everyone will be on a parallel blockchain, which is, im my opnion, almost impossible.

wakasaki96744

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:02:11 AM

Why have i had a transaction made of 6 XEM go out of my account?
I never sent any funds anywhere, it says its an importance transaction, is this think sort of automatic to increase your importance?
You activated delegated harvesting and confirmed to pay a fee of 6 XEM. MAYBE you should read, what you confirm.

I never confirmed to pay anything, i just clicked delegated harvesting and it told me it would take 6 hours, anyway what is the difference between delegated harvesting and local harvesting?

maybe this helps answer the question? Huh Found it on NEM's forums and you can disregard the multisig stuff unless its important to you. (replace "remote harvesting" and "secure harvesting" with "delegated harvesting")

https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/remote-harvesting-2876/msg12704/#msg12704
Actually you could Smiley Initiating harvesting be it remote or local is NOT a transaction, it's simply passing
private key to nis server.

So rigel's right.

edit:

There are actually TWO differences.
1) In case of "secure harvesting" fees goes directly to associated account, if you'd like to use multisig account to do that, fees will go there (which is not that bad, as only cosignatory account has access there anyway).
2) In case of "secure harvesting", it's the MAIN account that holds the power and responds for PoI

So basically to summary:
harvesting works by passing (private) SECRET key, to the server
since we wanted to allow harvesting on remote nodes, we've introduced "secure harvesting" (remote harvesting)
secure harvesting works by issuing special transaction, that becomes part of the blockchain, in that transaction, there is information about "remote harvesting account", i.e. search for following transaction in nembex: 4c2a92c19a49914bda6239dcc94e81080fba7f7bdfffea0d42c88a70eefeec53, displayed "Remote PK" is a public key of harvester
secure harvesting works by passing private key of that account to some node, this private key is useless anyway
now, what rigel is suggesting is that, you could create multisig account, and use that account's private key, to do harvesting

From that I ended up getting
"local harvesting" = sending private key of [Account A ] to server.
"delegated harvesting" = sending private key [Account B ] to server.

The fee you explained is the result of the passing of the private key to the nis server. I'm guessing Tongue

NXT-98EP-BVRB-WU6B-386RA
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:07:02 AM

Why have i had a transaction made of 6 XEM go out of my account?
I never sent any funds anywhere, it says its an importance transaction, is this think sort of automatic to increase your importance?
You activated delegated harvesting and confirmed to pay a fee of 6 XEM. MAYBE you should read, what you confirm.

I never confirmed to pay anything, i just clicked delegated harvesting and it told me it would take 6 hours, anyway what is the difference between delegated harvesting and local harvesting?

maybe this helps answer the question? Huh Found it on NEM's forums and you can disregard the multisig stuff unless its important to you. (replace "remote harvesting" and "secure harvesting" with "delegated harvesting")

https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/remote-harvesting-2876/msg12704/#msg12704
Actually you could Smiley Initiating harvesting be it remote or local is NOT a transaction, it's simply passing
private key to nis server.

So rigel's right.

edit:

There are actually TWO differences.
1) In case of "secure harvesting" fees goes directly to associated account, if you'd like to use multisig account to do that, fees will go there (which is not that bad, as only cosignatory account has access there anyway).
2) In case of "secure harvesting", it's the MAIN account that holds the power and responds for PoI

So basically to summary:
harvesting works by passing (private) SECRET key, to the server
since we wanted to allow harvesting on remote nodes, we've introduced "secure harvesting" (remote harvesting)
secure harvesting works by issuing special transaction, that becomes part of the blockchain, in that transaction, there is information about "remote harvesting account", i.e. search for following transaction in nembex: 4c2a92c19a49914bda6239dcc94e81080fba7f7bdfffea0d42c88a70eefeec53, displayed "Remote PK" is a public key of harvester
secure harvesting works by passing private key of that account to some node, this private key is useless anyway
now, what rigel is suggesting is that, you could create multisig account, and use that account's private key, to do harvesting

OK, so the main benefit to me using delegated harvesting is extra security?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
mixmaster

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:08:58 AM

You can harvest on remote NIS without risk, yes.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:09:37 AM

easy fix, allow ncc to query multiple nis to ensure that the server your are harvesting on is not on a fork. eigentrust could also play a part but im not sure exactly how it works. from my minimal understanding of it, possible eigentrust could effectively blacklist the node with bad data and stop you from harvesting on it. idk, just thinking that could be a possibility to prevent that.

I took into account that a lightweight client talks to several nodes. If a sybil attack is conducted then you will be connecting to rogue nodes in most cases. Let's assume that you managed to find a honest node, what will you do when receive contradicting info? You can't rely on EigenTrust because its data can be faked (sybil nodes will supply evidence of their legitimacy) and you will get contradicting info again.

To date reliable lightweight clients are possible only in PoW cryptocurrencies. If NEM team found a solution for a non-PoW case then it's a breakthrough. But I'm skeptical that they really did.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:11:07 AM

win 7    32-bit here
not support 64-bit version of java!
how do I download nem-0.6.25  Huh
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:12:24 AM

A "lightweight" client is nothing else than NCC connecting to any NIS (not running locally on your machine, but somewhere else). So you do see the whole blockchain, just with the eyes of another node. You don't have to trust that node, because you don't send him a private key with funds, but just a private key with the importance score of your account with funds. The harvested fees are still not at risk, because they are sent to the "original" account with funds directly.

Remote server may use your harvesting power for double-spending.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 12:14:25 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 01:07:45 AM by David Latapie

My own tutorial

For Linux

1. http://blog.nem.io/mac-installation-guide-standalone/
2. terminal 1 '(path)/package/nix.runNcc.sh'
3. terminal 2 '(path)/package/nix.runNis.sh'
4. wait some seconds
5. go to http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/dashboard.html
6. create a wallet and enter your private key you got previously (if you don't, it is probably over)

Sadly my amount of XEM is: 0! Just before I has 2 250 000 (don't remember if it was XEM or NEMStake

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mixmaster

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:15:01 AM

From that I ended up getting
"local harvesting" = sending private key of [Account A ] to server.
"delegated harvesting" = sending private key [Account B ] to server.

The fee you explained is the result of the passing of the private key to the nis server. I'm guessing Tongue
Local harvesting = send the private key of the account you are harvesting with to your local NIS.
Delegated harvesting = a new account is generated with zero balance, but importance score of the account for which you activated delegated harvesting. then the private key of that new account is sent to (any) NIS. the harvested fees still go directly to the original account (for which you activated delegated harvesting).
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:16:38 AM

When it says remotley does that mean that i can harvest with my computer off because the remote server is doing it?

mixmaster

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:17:51 AM

Remote server may use your harvesting power for double-spending.
Erm... What gave you that idea?
mixmaster

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:18:12 AM

When it says remotley does that mean that i can harvest with my computer off because the remote server is doing it?
correct
mixmaster

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:19:57 AM

I can't even install NEM. I feel like I waited more than one year and for what? Nothing. I cannot even install NEM. There is no working Linux installer
This is the standalone version that runs perfectly fine on linux: http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.6.25.zip

Btw: It always helps if people don't just tell "it doesnt work", but tell at least SOME info, what happens.....
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:21:01 AM

correct

Thats pretty cool, but i expect i earn less per block from fees?

SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:21:08 AM

So I read ...thread over thread over thread over website again other website again some big bullshit ...and ended up here. Where guess ...what ? I found more bs. I can't find the end of this ....where is the silver lining in this "Crypto" or how it is?
It says something like : "The fundraising is especially designed to promote fairness and egalitarianism. This is the first funding scheme of this type ever and we believe it is revolutionary in its effort to bring egalitarianism to the crypto industry. "
How is promoting fairness and egalitarianism ? And how raising funds on Bitcointalk with a lausy Google Spreadsheet is revolutionary ?
Can please somebody tell me what the hell is this ?

I interpret this as: Dont let the pups take control of a big part of coin, using methods ( You'll have to find it by yourself somewhere on ournem forum).

Spreadsheet is a very effective way to make a lot of people to have the same information....

you talked about: Silver coins, inbdirectely  about Pups and about the google Spreadsheet thing...

for sure you are angry with something you dont want to tell us!

Shocked

You know what silver lining is ? .... What pups to take control ? Are you on drugs ? Sorry to ask that but you seem to interpret in a weird way. Total off, of what I said . I am sorry If it sounds disrespectful by that question . Still I didn't got any answer regarding the egalitarianism when some got this coin for free other paid for it, how is REVOLUTIONARY and game changing the way they raise the funds... how all this are somehow the "perfect" coin ? . Well I dono but it sounds fishy to me. I won't continue to argue since I see a lot of people all charmed up by this coin and since people are becoming fans of something it's hard to get an unbiased answer .
Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: