Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 02:27:17 PM

are nanowallet and mobile wallets use same way of backup import keys?
means can i use same addresses on both?

You can use the same private key in Nano, Android, Lighwallet, and NCC and you will have the same account on each wallet. 

Also, NCC has an option to export wallet to Lightwallet format.  That wallet will work in both Nano and Lightwallet.  And now that the Android app is out, the next update to Nano in a week or so will also have an "export wallet to Android" option where the app just scans a QR in Nano and now you have the same account on your phone and your desktop.

thats exactly the answer i was hoping for!

NEM marketing might be weak but their features are great

the best marketing cant create features

but great features can become more visible if u add more and better marketing

the only thing that slow NEM on the way to the top 5 crypto coins is than many people dont know about it and its abilities

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
garp

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:06:32 PM

You can use the same private key in Nano, Android, Lighwallet, and NCC and you will have the same account on each wallet. 

Also, NCC has an option to export wallet to Lightwallet format.  That wallet will work in both Nano and Lightwallet.  And now that the Android app is out, the next update to Nano in a week or so will also have an "export wallet to Android" option where the app just scans a QR in Nano and now you have the same account on your phone and your desktop.

Can we add a second account to an existing nano or mobile wallet using the private key? Or do we need to import a second account into a second wallet?

garp
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 04:39:16 PM

Can we add a second account to an existing nano or mobile wallet using the private key? Or do we need to import a second account into a second wallet?

yes you can. But the feature was taken out. Reason is the NCC import function gets screwed up a little, so says @Jabo38
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 04:54:49 PM

Also, NCC has an option to export wallet to Lightwallet format.  That wallet will work in both Nano and Lightwallet.  And now that the Android app is out, the next update to Nano in a week or so will also have an "export wallet to Android" option where the app just scans a QR in Nano and now you have the same account on your phone and your desktop.

the only thing that slow NEM on the way to the top 5 crypto coins is than many people dont know about it and its abilities

Looking at the enterprise class utility, there are only 3 that should be considered. Nxt, NEM and Ethereum. The rest are either application specific, not complete yet, or not it the same category, e.g., Monero and Dash.

Decentralised Smart Contract is still a questionable solution as it relies on oracles which are centralised and centralised decision making. So, it is a paradox. Hence not relevant really.

You strip that out of Ethereum as an enterprise class solution, it has nothing.

NXT is ok, but lack cohesive offerings.

Looking at it, NEM is in its own class in terms of offerings and utility. Creativity is the key to realising the potential of NEM.

Edit: A whitepaper will be released soon to expound the real value of NEM as a project. It is something that will address what most of the world is talking about. Yes, talking about, not in production.

Another thing to note is hyperledger. Today, it is a fact that hyperledger is a compilation of junk code and should not warrant any consideration unless it is completely re-written.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:09:20 PM

Also, NCC has an option to export wallet to Lightwallet format.  That wallet will work in both Nano and Lightwallet.  And now that the Android app is out, the next update to Nano in a week or so will also have an "export wallet to Android" option where the app just scans a QR in Nano and now you have the same account on your phone and your desktop.

Looking at the enterprise class utility, there are only 3 that should be considered. Nxt, NEM and Ethereum. The rest are either application specific, not complete yet, or not it the same category, e.g., Monero and Dash.

Decentralised Smart Contract is still a questionable solution as it relies on oracles which are centralised and centralised decision making. So, it is a paradox. Hence not relevant really.

Looking at it, NEM is in its own class in terms of offerings and utility. Creativity is the key to realising the potential of NEM.

Edit: A whitepaper will be released soon to expound the real value of NEM as a project. It is something that will address what most of the world is talking about. Yes, talking about, not in production.

Another thing to note is hyperledger. Today, it is a fact that hyperledger is a compilation of junk code and should not warrant any consideration unless it is completely re-written.

Great insight.

What about R3? It looks promising even if in an early stage.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 06:14:06 PM

Great insight.

What about R3? It looks promising even if in an early stage.

R3 is only a concept. It is going to the open source community because their concept will remain a concept unless they get the right people to do it. Don't think they have the means. Same as hyperledger from DAH. They just gave it away as they realised it was some rocket science they were dealing with.

Anyway, when we unleash the catapult whitepaper one will immediately see who is going to set the standard on blockchain.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 06:32:53 PM

Anyway, when we unleash the catapult whitepaper one will immediately see who is going to set the standard on blockchain.

thats the kind of self confidence i like!

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:46:59 PM

thats the kind of self confidence i like!

Cant wait for the whitepaper!  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:42:49 AM

There was a recent article on R3.   Almost sounds like they had thrown in the towel -  by giving the code away to Hyperledger and emphasizing their network effect.   Network effect is Déjà vu for me, as Bitcoin maximalists have been using that arguments against alternates for years.    

Also I'm not sure if I can buy the idea of 70 companies "working together" on something.  Every company has its' own interests and visions and no way could that many companies ever agree on something.   Also that many companies working together is guaranteed social loafing.
If I run one of these companies, why would I spend any money or assign staff when another company will do it?   Cheesy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_loafing

Seems a lot of people are buying into the quantity over quality argument.

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 09:41:20 AM

There was a recent article on R3.   Almost sounds like they had thrown in the towel -  by giving the code away to Hyperledger and emphasizing their network effect.   Network effect is Déjà vu for me, as Bitcoin maximalists have been using that arguments against alternates for years.    

Also I'm not sure if I can buy the idea of 70 companies "working together" on something.  Every company has its' own interests and visions and no way could that many companies ever agree on something.   Also that many companies working together is guaranteed social loafing.
If I run one of these companies, why would I spend any money or assign staff when another company will do it?   Cheesy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_loafing

Seems a lot of people are buying into the quantity over quality argument.

I read an article recently. If precedence is any measure, this is a sure failure, as has been the cases previously. The only people to gain from this are the consultants, i.e., R3 staffs.

This is a "me too" nice feeling. None of them are really serious. Each bank will embark on their own initiatives and wrestle that into the consortium to gain an upper hand, leaving those suckers who are not, the real losers.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:20:30 PM

Hi Rockethead,

Is it possible to import a wallet into the Mobile App just by its Address?
So you can just see the transactions/harvesting rewards/supernode rewards?

And when you actually want to send XEM or do another kind of transaction; only then the App asks for the Private Key?

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 02:48:50 PM

Hi Rockethead,

Is it possible to import a wallet into the Mobile App just by its Address?
So you can just see the transactions/harvesting rewards/supernode rewards?

And when you actually want to send XEM or do another kind of transaction; only then the App asks for the Private Key?

>Is it possible to import a wallet into the Mobile App just by its Address? Not in our release version, but it can be programmed to watch though

> only then the App asks for the Private Key? Too hard to implement because the Private key is too long.
garp

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 05:23:23 PM

yes you can. But the feature was taken out. Reason is the NCC import function gets screwed up a little, so says @Jabo38

The feature was taken out, so I understand this as "No, you can't". Correct?

garp
garp

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:58:25 PM

A whitepaper will be released soon to expound the real value of NEM as a project. It is something that will address what most of the world is talking about. Yes, talking about, not in production.

Take your time. We want the waiting to be worth it  Grin
Keep up the good work.

garp
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 11:07:19 PM

a little more about Apostille
http://www.econotimes.com/Tech-Bureau-and-NEM-launch-notary-and-timestamping-solution-Apostille-386394
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1672157.msg16790318#msg16790318

DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 11:36:42 PM

A whitepaper will be released soon to expound the real value of NEM as a project. It is something that will address what most of the world is talking about. Yes, talking about, not in production.

Take your time. We want the waiting to be worth it  Grin
Keep up the good work.

+1 )) So True. Thank you NEM Team!

Also one interesting article:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/time-based-cryptocurrency-utopia-or-uber-like-labour-market-game-changer

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:37:50 AM

Markets are reacting well to the news! Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 06:57:53 PM

The feature was taken out, so I understand this as "No, you can't". Correct?

It is a feature that was taken out. So, you "can actually put that back in". But you are not having it now because it has been taken out. But anyone reasonably skilled can put that feature back in.
pow2poiConvert

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 04:33:46 AM

Added https

https://nemnodes.org/
shapeshiftscam

Activity: 609

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 04:36:52 AM

Thanks for sharing, very good news indeed.
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: