Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for Open-Sourced XMR/Cryptonight GPU Miner Bounties Thread  (Read 170869 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:33:23 AM

We're quickly entering a situation where private GPU miners are cornering the market .. not healthy.
+1... I'm confident that the serious investors that are committed to xmr/cryptonight will soon realize that if not "investing" on the development of a more democratic mining infrastructure, their holdings will remain undervalued. Sooner rather than later, I hope...

I don't have the funds to add to the bounty, but I pledge a 10% donation of a month's worth of mining proceeds (with my massive 4xGPU rig) to the author of an open source miner for nvidia.
Adding to the above, I pledge to offer said author, 1 medium sized pizza, with 3 toppings of his choosing, and optionally 'extra cheese', delivered to his doorstep, provided that pizza delivery is available in his place of residence.
(with apologies to fluffy, no dinner for you tonight...)

~ Myagui

Haha, I like this post very much. But hmm, I am willing to donate for a BBR gpu miner, or MCN, if that is what this post is about. I can throw 10XMR into the bounty.

This thread has nothing to do with BBR. That uses its own miner. MCN should work with the same miner as all the other cryptonote/cryptonight coins (XMR, BCN, etc.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
renegadepcsolutions

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:47:48 PM

Anyone find any updates to this? Nvida or AMD... anything?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
tsiv

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:18:10 PM

https://github.com/tsiv/ccminer-cryptonight

Fresh out of the oven, don't have any performance data beyond personal testing during development with my GTX 750 Ti rig. Does around 200-220 H/s per card for a 750 Ti, both stratum and http protocols supported for pool mining. Haven't actually tested solo. Compiles and runs both on Linux and Windows pretty much straight out of the box. Linux highly recommeded over Windows. Has issues with massive lag if run on a Windows primary GPU, practically renders the computer unusable due to the hashing kernel grabbing the GPU for 1-2 seconds at a time. Pretty much what happens with every other algorithm, this is just orders of magnitude worse. Looking into breaking the kernel into smaller pieces to hopefully alleviate the problem.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:09:28 PM

Fresh out of the oven, don't have any performance data beyond personal testing during development with my GTX 750 Ti rig. Does around 200-220 H/s per card for a 750 Ti, both stratum and http protocols supported for pool mining. Haven't actually tested solo. Compiles and runs both on Linux and Windows pretty much straight out of the box. Linux highly recommeded over Windows. Has issues with massive lag if run on a Windows primary GPU, practically renders the computer unusable due to the hashing kernel grabbing the GPU for 1-2 seconds at a time. Pretty much what happens with every other algorithm, this is just orders of magnitude worse. Looking into breaking the kernel into smaller pieces to hopefully alleviate the problem.

I dont have a card to test this but many many thanks!
AceCobra1

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

How do I use it in windows ? It doesn't seem to have an exe ?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:15:51 PM

How do I use it in windows ? It doesn't seem to have an exe ?

You must compile it yourself but right now it's bugged like hell for Windows.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

There's a windows compile from one of the trusted members at the cudaminer/ccminer thread. It's not all that buggy, but also far from optimized. As it stands right now, this miner is relying heavily on CPU also, so there's certainly room for improvements (50% CPU usage with 4x750 TIs and an i7 4770 on Windows).

The pizza awaits a destination! (though waiting to get acceptance from the bounty author and to see if there is consensus on the miner performance as deserving of the bounty, might require some finishing touches)
~ Myagui

tsiv

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:50:14 PM

There's a windows compile from one of the trusted members at the cudaminer/ccminer thread. It's not all that buggy, but also far from optimized. As it stands right now, this miner is relying heavily on CPU also, so there's certainly room for improvements (50% CPU usage with 4x750 TIs and an i7 4770 on Windows).

The pizza awaits a destination! (though waiting to get acceptance from the bounty author and to see if there is consensus on the miner performance as deserving of the bounty, might require some finishing touches)
~ Myagui

Most of the CPU use is likely just polling for completion of the kernel aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busy_waiting, which kinda sucks but seems like standard behavior. I'll see about working around it, looks like a "are we ready yet? no? sleep a bit." approach might do the trick instead of just calling a sync which then proceeds to busy wait until the kernel completes, eating whatever cpu cycles are available to it.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:00:45 PM

While we are on this topic, sorry for a n00b question, but I think others would also like to know:

How do you compile under Windows?

I downloaded free trial or whatever of Visual Studio Express the other day, trying to compile whatever it was, but the software says "only for Windows Store Apps"

Huh
5w00p

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:06:37 PM

tsiv you rock for developing this...

Am I to understand that the miner will bog a 750Ti desktop? 

I would have to disagree with you that pretty much every other algo bogs the machine if under Windows with primary GPU, as I mine nonstop with my rig, only has 750Ti and I can do anything in windows with no lag, no slowing of the miner (cudaminer or ccminer).  Only exceptions are GPU-intensive apps like 3D gaming.
metamine

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:10:24 PM

OpenCL/ATI anyone?
cayars

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:19:26 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 08:42:08 PM by cayars

Has tsiv been paid the bounty yet?

If not, what's the hold up?

Just some facts:
No clear criteria was ever set forth, so it's not fair to setup the criteria after a open source miner has been released. Anyone is now able to fine tune this software and it's only fair that tsiv receive his bounty.  Because he did open-source it right away, I'm sure others will now jump in and help solve a couple of the problems noted.  Remember this can't happen if the source isn't available which is the whole point of this thread!

I'm sure he will continue to re-fine it anyway as this is just a first release and tsiv has already proven to the ccminer community he contributes.  He is the reason nVidia miners have X13.  Claymore has already made at least a half dozen releases to fix issues. We are in a sad state of affairs concerning open source GPU miners with Claymore having the only other GPU software with a 5% fee payable to himself (steep) that is not open source and not available on linux and only works on recent AMD cards.

I know myself I get 375 H/s with Claymore (OCed) which is 375*.95 or 356 H/s for me.  With ccminer on 750ti in (not tried to OC yet) windows (runs better under linux I'm told) I get 335 H/s with 2 750ti cards which is right on par if you figure the price of the cards together is less or equal to one 280x.  Power requirement for both 750ti cards is less then one 280x.  I've been told it runs even better on Linux which I haven't tried yet.

tsiv's release compiles and runs under both linux and windows.  It has also been directly integrated into the most popular miner for nVidia which is ccminer.  No additional standalone software needed.

So please do the right thing and pay him the bounty he deserves if this hasn't been done yet.  He HAS done everything that WAS required.

Just looking at this logically and giving my 2 cents,
Carlo
Samuray

Activity: 291

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:55:42 PM

Has tsiv been paid the bounty yet?

If not, what's the hold up?

Just some facts:
No clear criteria was ever set forth, so it's not fair to setup the criteria after a open source miner has been released. Anyone is now able to fine tune this software and it's only fair that tsiv receive his bounty.  Because he did open-source it right away, I'm sure others will now jump in and help solve a couple of the problems noted.  Remember this can't happen if the source isn't available which is the whole point of this thread!

I'm sure he will continue to re-fine it anyway as this is just a first release and tsiv has already proven to the ccminer community he contributes.  He is the reason nVidia miners have X13.  Claymore has already made at least a half dozen releases to fix issues. We are in a sad state of affairs concerning open source GPU miners with Claymore having the only other GPU software with a 5% fee payable to himself (steep) that is not open source and not available on linux and only works on recent AMD cards.

I know myself I get 375 H/s with Claymore (OCed) which is 375*.95 or 356 H/s for me.  With ccminer on 750ti in (not tried to OC yet) windows (runs better under linux I'm told) I get 335 H/s with 2 750ti cards which is right on par if you figure the price of the cards together is less or equal to one 280x.  Power requirement for both 750ti cards is less then one 280x.  I've been told it runs even better on Linux which I haven't tried yet.

tsiv's release compiles and runs under both linux and windows.  It has also been directly integrated into the most popular miner for nVidia which is ccminer.  No additional standalone software needed.

So please do the right thing and pay him the bounty he deserves if this hasn't been done yet.  He HAS done everything that WAS required.

Just looking at this logically and giving my 2 cents,
Carlo
Yeah it looks to me that he's the man! He should get the bounty no questions !!!

SRBOOTH

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:56:27 PM

+1 for tsiv to recieve bounty, well done and I'm sure it will only get better from here! I'm runnung 3 seperate rigs 750 ti's and it is functioning exactly as was expressed by @tsiv, thanks a bunch!!

BTW for those of you in this thread who are asking about a windows compilation, here is the one I am using

https://mega.co.nz/#!YckmgJpQ!etExS5ELpb309WwSgQcA3WaUPYVwnI4ix9UuWNLr4Yc

make sure you do not have any arguments at the end of you .bat, it is set to run @ 8X40 which seems best at this time.
dotvibe

Activity: 304

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

Works like a charm on my 750ti's, though it does kill windows a bit.

Pay the man already!
5w00p

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:05:48 PM

Could people who compiled in windows please answer my question?  How/what software did you use to compile?

I have done it before, have taken C++ courses, but it was 15+ years ago.  Please enlighten me and others.

Thank you. 

Will report back my experiences with tsiv's code.
DemosMirak

Activity: 146

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:06:54 PM

Time for some bounty love, it seems to me.

BTC: 13enECLM3M3gjQDoBKouXuYFG4zXaDdDPx
LTC: LRTbQNQcRjZV51PivQdhK7zpMtJYPouqR9
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:07:05 PM

tsiv definitely deserves the bounty - no question!
metamine

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:10:49 PM

Anyone up for another bounty for a OpenCL-implementation?
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

Works like a charm on my 750ti's, though it does kill windows a bit.

Pay the man already!

+1

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: