Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:54:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785444 times)
glenl

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:04:16 PM

sp_ ,#5 less performance then previous one..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTC4QB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Aliens are real!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:07:32 PM

guys, i have a feeling nexus will reach bitcoin's price in the future  Wink
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:11:03 AM

guys, i have a feeling nexus will reach bitcoin's price in the future  Wink

I think that the future for this coin will come when it bargains on Poloniex  Cool

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
BostonRedsocks

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:55:41 AM

A unique part about Nexus is the TWO types of hash channels. I get confused about about block frequency, though. From the first post in this thread:
Prime and Hashing Minting Channels: The effective reward is established by the reserve balances. These reserves have a decayed amount deposited every time interval of one minute. If the balance is below a given threshold, the reward value will be based on a time’s value of a decayed amount. This means that the reward will be given based on how long it was taken to create the block. This prevents the reserves from being depleted as large amounts of computing power jump on and off the mining network.
How does this work? I see real blocks in the block explorer sometimes only 10s older than the previous one. Does this mean that miner only got 10/60th of a reward for that block?

Does the hash mining success reset the prime mining, and vice versa? Or does every block need to have one hash success and one prime success?
My guess is either a hash or prime miner success resets the block, but the prime and hash mining rewards each have their own separate timers for partial rewards?

How is hash difficulty set? Is it adaptive, so perhaps if you get lots of 10s blocks from fast hash miners, the difficulty goes up until the frequency drops to an average of 1 m? Does hash difficulty change prime difficulty?
Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:18:33 PM

For those who have not yet filled this out to get Nexus on Polo

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
akira007

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:42:28 AM

hou to mining with nvidia ??

i can't conect to server..

any help me ?? please
nocomments

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:36:37 AM

hou to mining with nvidia ??

i can't conect to server..

http://image.prntscr.com/image/45d256a1e03c41aea5138cb604f6201e.png

any help me ?? please
For gpu  No pool, only solo mining
BostonRedsocks

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:37:41 PM

A unique part about Nexus is the TWO types of hash channels. I get confused about about block frequency, though. From the first post in this thread:
Prime and Hashing Minting Channels: The effective reward is established by the reserve balances. These reserves have a decayed amount deposited every time interval of one minute. If the balance is below a given threshold, the reward value will be based on a time’s value of a decayed amount. This means that the reward will be given based on how long it was taken to create the block. This prevents the reserves from being depleted as large amounts of computing power jump on and off the mining network.
How does this work? I see real blocks in the block explorer sometimes only 10s older than the previous one. Does this mean that miner only got 10/60th of a reward for that block?

Does the hash mining success reset the prime mining, and vice versa? Or does every block need to have one hash success and one prime success?
My guess is either a hash or prime miner success resets the block, but the prime and hash mining rewards each have their own separate timers for partial rewards?

How is hash difficulty set? Is it adaptive, so perhaps if you get lots of 10s blocks from fast hash miners, the difficulty goes up until the frequency drops to an average of 1 m? Does hash difficulty change prime difficulty?
Is it possible each block that gets mined by the hash algorithm sends the unused prime reward to the Nexus authors, and each block that gets PRIME mined sends the unused hash reward to the them instead.  This keeps the hash and prime rewards in sync, but still rewards the miners and the Nexus guys.
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:22:21 AM

Is it possible each block that gets mined by the hash algorithm sends the unused prime reward to the Nexus authors, and each block that gets PRIME mined sends the unused hash reward to the them instead.  This keeps the hash and prime rewards in sync, but still rewards the miners and the Nexus guys.

I will do my best to address these questions sequentially as follows;

1) The fractional rewards only kick in when the reserves for each channel drop below a certain level, you can see channel reserves @ nexusoft.io/platform
2) Yes any successful block resets work on all channels, bear in mind there is only one block chain and each new block must be created building upon the hash of the previous block  regardless of its origin.
3) Hash and prime channels have separate reserves for fractional rewards.
4) The difficulty of each channel is independent of the other, and calculated based on the time since the last block for the relevant channel.
5) There is no unused rewards the longer between blocks on a particular channel the more their respective reserves build up, past a certain point (around 350 in reserve i think) then a larger block is paid to ensure the emission is on target. Conversely once the reserves are sufficiently depleted the rewards per block drops to ensure the strict emission targets are met.
6) The "Nexus guys" as you put it are also rewarded with a dev fee ~2% its paid from every x blocks (I dont know the exact frequency). Bear in mind there was no premine of nxs for the dev to use to fund the project.
BostonRedsocks

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:55:21 AM

Thanks! That makes a lot of things clearer.
4) The difficulty of each channel is independent of the other, and calculated based on the time since the last block for the relevant channel.
Is this adjustment actually happening properly? If so, what's up with all the 10-20 second blocks? Shouldn't the difficulty automatically be ramped up to stop them?

Go to the block explorer and click through a bunch of blocks, looking at the "nonce".  You'll see lots of giant nonces like 376,227,383,918  but then you'll also see nonces of magnitude like 11,  or 201, or 119.   Those nonces are proof of hash mines that were so easy that they were solved with something like 20 to 100 hash attempts by a single miner. You can see this is true by looking at the hash value and seeing that sometimes only 3 to 5 leading zeros were needed.. Is that by design? Is hash mining difficulty supposed to be so simple?

paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:04:46 AM

Is this adjustment actually happening properly? If so, what's up with all the 10-20 second blocks? Shouldn't the difficulty automatically be ramped up to stop them?

Go to the block explorer and click through a bunch of blocks, looking at the "nonce".  You'll see lots of giant nonces like 376,227,383,918  but then you'll also see nonces of magnitude like 11,  or 201, or 119.   Those nonces are proof of hash mines that were so easy that they were solved with something like 20 to 100 hash attempts by a single miner. You can see this is true by looking at the hash value and seeing that sometimes only 3 to 5 leading zeros were needed.. Is that by design? Is hash mining difficulty supposed to be so simple?

The ones with the very small nonces are likely to be proof-of-stake blocks.  Don't forget that these are also in the mix and will account for the short block time you are referring to.   
BostonRedsocks

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:17:57 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 05:00:19 PM by BostonRedsocks

The ones with the very small nonces are likely to be proof-of-stake blocks.  Don't forget that these are also in the mix and will account for the short block time you are referring to.  
Oh!  That explains a lot of my confusion. The proof-of-stake implementation details are especially vague. How are those mined?  (Who does the (obviously simple) computation for it and gets rewarded?)  Why is P-O-S  a 10 second block instead of for example folding it as an extra parallel step into hash and prime mining?    The P-O-S blocks, because of their 10-15 second duration, really dominate the Nexus blockchain storage size and bandwidth.
yumcoins

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:11:53 PM

The ones with the very small nonces are likely to be proof-of-stake blocks.  Don't forget that these are also in the mix and will account for the short block time you are referring to.  
Oh!  That explains a lot of my confusion. The proof-of-stake implementation details are especially vague. How are those mined?  (Who does the (obviously simple) computation for it and gets rewarded?)  Why is P-O-S  a 10 second block instead of for example folding it as an extra parallel step into hash and prime mining?    The P-O-S blocks, because of their 10-15 second duration, really dominate the Nexus blockchain storage size and bandwidth.

POS blocks don't have a 10-15 second duration.  They happen every 60 seconds:  http://www.nexusearth.com/specs.html

When you look at a mix of POS (150 seconds) and POW (60 seconds) blocks, the average time between any blocks should be about 42 seconds.  So it's no surprise that you see many blocks with 10-15 second duration, just like you see frequent Bitcoin blocks with 3 minute duration.

I don't know the answer to your design question.  Vid. would be the authoritative source on the reason behind it.  The POS blocks are also tied in with the trust keys, which is probably why they are independent, but I don't know.
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:49:51 PM

I have released a new version of my private Nvidia miner with a faster kernel(0.05 BTC)

Support my work, donate 0.05BTC to the adress in my signature and recieve the faster kernel.

Nexus sp-mod #5

Any idea what % improvement it is over previous versions?

Do you have results from a GTX 1080?

Cheers!

Don' t trust anybody telling u how fast the recent revision of miner is. Nividia miners cant beat my Miner that works only with chromatic research gpus. These cards are much faster than geforce and radeon and consume much less power. I bought my last card in 1993 and it is still beating the performance records. I'm mining bitcoin and crapcoins with one single obsolete gpu.
BostonRedsocks

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:26:49 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 08:41:06 PM by BostonRedsocks

POS blocks don't have a 10-15 second duration.  They happen every 60 seconds:  http://www.nexusearth.com/specs.html
Assuming Nexus POS works the same way as proposed Bitcoin POS, there would be a POS mining channel with its own mining algorithm and reward.  The Nexus blockchain lists the hash and prime channels, but not the hidden POS mining channel. And there are no public POS miners available. So who is mining the POS blocks and what is their reward?

Maybe the POS miner is built into the wallet? That would explain why the wallet uses so much CPU constantly. Do open wallets sometimes get random POS mining rewards?
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:27:35 PM

POS blocks don't have a 10-15 second duration.  They happen every 60 seconds:  http://www.nexusearth.com/specs.html
Assuming Nexus POS works the same way as proposed Bitcoin POS, there would be a POS mining channel with its own mining algorithm and reward.  The Nexus blockchain lists the hash and prime channels, but not the hidden POS mining channel. And there are no public POS miners available. So who is mining the POS blocks and what is their reward?

Maybe the POS miner is built into the wallet? That would explain why the wallet uses so much CPU constantly. Do open wallets sometimes get random POS mining rewards?

Yes if u have your wallet unlocked for minting or not encrypted and leave it open you will get pos blocks assuming you have sufficient balance. If u want to learn more about the specifics of Nexus i suggest u head over to our slack channel.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:38:53 PM

The ones with the very small nonces are likely to be proof-of-stake blocks.  Don't forget that these are also in the mix and will account for the short block time you are referring to.   

These are blocks he should be looking for. How did u find out these are indeed the blocks in question? Have u been talking to them? I have succeed in computer science and blockchain science and are now developing an entirely new concept of an alive crypto based on chlorine and aluminium and would like to send all of u a copy of my draft.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 10:06:32 PM

No cryptonit, nPoS hashing is limited to an nNonce energy efficiency threshold so impossible to stake at high CPU. Your weight allows you to stake as fast as 4 hash/s.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 11:22:06 AM

These are blocks he should be looking for. How did u find out these are indeed the blocks in question? Have u been talking to them? I have succeed in computer science and blockchain science and are now developing an entirely new concept of an alive crypto based on chlorine and aluminium and would like to send all of u a copy of my draft.

really? ...

i would be very interested to read ...

#crysx

UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:04:36 AM

Synthgauge is "bar n-one" one of the best personalities on the internet..................

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: