Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
mumus

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:00:39 AM

EDIT: Also considering reducing X11 to X7 or X5 to lower the margin between CPU and GPU miners, and make it more GPU friendly. But as sammy007 pointed out, it does make it FPGA friendly. I do not have any test data at the moment as to whether going towards X7 or X5 would have any effect on FPGA. Anyone?

X7 or X5 is also a good idea. I have nothing against FPGA though I never had chance to work with one. I think it's a natural evolution that almost any algorithms that were implemented on GPU and worth mining can and will be also implemented on FPGA.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:01:48 AM

Can we know more about the Prime number POW. Is it using similar algorithms like  primecoin or riecoin or is it something new? Primecoin is already GPU so if you want to stay CPU then I guess going in the direction similar to riecoin would be adviced, searching for huge primes which is still "hard" to implement on GPU.
If you are already implementing something new then I would also suggest implementing a new PoW also for GPU like X12 or X14 by adding an additional algo which can be easily implemented on GPU.

The CPU channel is using riecoin pow. The GPU is actually now being discussed to be changed to Scrypt-N, what do you think the POW should be for the CPU and GPU Channels?

I have a good feeling about this coin and I like the idea.
In my opinion some new algorithms both for CPU and GPU can create some hype and also can bring attention of qualified developers in these fields, which is good.
As I wrote before, if you can and have time I would suggest a new X12 or X14 PoW just simply adding a new algo to the existing X11 or X13. Otherwise my suggestion is X13.
Regarding to the CPU PoW I like Riecoin so it's a good choice, but again if you can bring something new in this territory then would be nice. I guess 10 days is not enough time for such changes.

Yes you are correct, 10 days is not enough time to implement a new POW for CPU's, though I have many ideas time is the one limited resource. Our aim with this coin is not so much on getting "hype" as much as being a stance at quality, and giving the community a voice. These qualities alone should bring the appropriate attention, not hype, because hype always dies off and is just a balloon full of air.

So why do you suggest adding a few algos to go to X14 rather than subtracting and or selecting a set of X5 or X7? What are the advantages/disadvantages in your opinion?

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
gaodaochu

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:02:11 AM

I want to know, If i hold shitcoin, and want to sell it, why do not i sell in market to get btc? Why i should choose Coinshield channel system? what is advantage ?
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:09:23 AM

I want to know, If i hold shitcoin, and want to sell it, why do not i sell in market to get btc? Why i should choose Coinshield channel system? what is advantage ?

A] If you watch the timer for channel opening, the trade value of CSD/SHIT will be higher than going trade value at launch, so early entry means you are freed of your SHIT with PROFIT

B] If you hold CSD instead of SHIT after using channel, its value will increase from the CSD buy orders going in from the SHIT being dumped, and if you time it correctly, you can then have MORE PROFIT as CSD price will increase upon SHIT DUMP

C] You no longer have to convince yourself that what you hold has VALUE, because you will help clear away the SHIT from the economies, and gain a good investment in return.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
gaodaochu

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:17:11 AM

A] If you watch the timer for channel opening, the trade value of CSD/SHIT will be higher than going trade value at launch, so early entry means you are freed of your SHIT with PROFIT

B] If you hold CSD instead of SHIT after using channel, its value will increase from the CSD buy orders going in from the SHIT being dumped, and if you time it correctly, you can then have MORE PROFIT as CSD price will increase upon SHIT DUMP

C] You no longer have to convince yourself that what you hold has VALUE, because you will help clear away the SHIT from the economies, and gain a good investment in return.

good idea, It looks like a multipool, but not use pow. ha, I think forbidden fake vote and avoid plagiarizing by other coin is very important
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:21:27 AM

For this to be anywhere remotely successful you need a lot of people to get on board. Your wanting 10btc buy walls.... that's a lot of exchanging going on.
Also, why should we trust you? Who's to say your not going to skim off the top before creating these buy walls?
Your trying to hold the decency flag that bit coin has but the sole reason bitcoin was invented is so you don't have to trust ANYONE with your money. Yet you want us to trust you. A Newb account. What's your real bitcointalk username? Your 'heavily' involved so what's your usual handle? Why create a new account?
And don't give me that 'I've been a developer for 10 years bull' on bitcointalk everyone should assume guilty before innocent.
Prove me wrong.
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:21:47 AM

marked~~
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:32:36 AM

For this to be anywhere remotely successful you need a lot of people to get on board. Your wanting 10btc buy walls.... that's a lot of exchanging going on.
Also, why should we trust you? Who's to say your not going to skim off the top before creating these buy walls?
Your trying to hold the decency flag that bit coin has but the sole reason bitcoin was invented is so you don't have to trust ANYONE with your money. Yet you want us to trust you. A Newb account. What's your real bitcointalk username? Your 'heavily' involved so what's your usual handle? Why create a new account?
And don't give me that 'I've been a developer for 10 years bull' on bitcointalk everyone should assume guilty before innocent.
Prove me wrong.

I am generally an observer to the community, and this is my first user account here because this is the first time I have actually needed one. I'm glad you brought this to everybody's attention, as I foresaw this as being an issue. By the nature of how this system will work, yes there will need to be a level of trust involved. This trust is beginning to be established at this point in time, now that you raised the question of it. The way we have decided to deal with this issue is ABSOLUTE TRANSPARENCY. When the first channel opens, there will be an archive page started on main website of every single executed trade of SHIT DUMP, and every single executed BTC buy order. This will of course be in real time on the left sidebar of the channels for reference. The second point is I will design the channels to have one deposit address for the channel. This means that you will be able to see every single SHIT that is transfered to the channel, every single SHIT that is transfered to the exchange, and every single SHIT sell order. These numbers can be verified with the automation supplied on archives page, or by your own discretion if independent verification is chosen as the suited means for your veracity.

The trust can only be established over time, with transparency being the best means of expressing it.

Think Clearly, not Deeply ~ Videlicet

TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

Prove me wrong.

I am generally an observer to the community, and this is my first user account here because this is the first time I have actually needed one. I'm glad you brought this to everybody's attention, as I foresaw this as being an issue. By the nature of how this system will work, yes there will need to be a level of trust involved. This trust is beginning to be established at this point in time, now that you raised the question of it. The way we have decided to deal with this issue is ABSOLUTE TRANSPARENCY. When the first channel opens, there will be an archive page started on main website of every single executed trade of SHIT DUMP, and every single executed BTC buy order. This will of course be in real time on the left sidebar of the channels for reference. The second point is I will design the channels to have one deposit address for the channel. This means that you will be able to see every single SHIT that is transfered to the channel, every single SHIT that is transfered to the exchange, and every single SHIT sell order. These numbers can be verified with the automation supplied on archives page, or by your own discretion if independent verification is chosen as the suited means for your veracity.

The trust can only be established over time, with transparency being the best means of expressing it.

A step in the right direction for sure. I don't believe for a second you have never made an account before though.
Red flag number 1.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:42:18 AM

Prove me wrong.

A step in the right direction for sure. I don't believe for a second you have never made an account before though.
Red flag number 1.

It is thinking like this - always questioning - that allows one to expand in their consciousness. +1

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:57:46 AM

Well I can't say as you have my trust just yet as like what was said above, most are guilty until proven innocent in these parts.......and for good reason I suppose.  I will say however that I appreciate all your responses to this point including those that were not in response to my post.  I am also very intrigued by this concept, thanks for better clarification......it helped and now I might have to watch with both eyes.

I hope the intentions are true and the commitment to the cause stays!!  Sounds like something the crypto community could actually benefit from....something that seems a rarity to find around here at times.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:01:07 AM

+1 as it was once said, "come together". =)

BTMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

BTMan

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:14:30 AM

good coin ??

ANN Monitor System http://ann.ymq123.com  (chrome Or IE7-IE9)
Donation BTC: 1F4zvgxAqpbCktYp8oKeupjY2oL3JWVFa3      QQ Group: 229207518
ANN监控系统创世帖 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657764.0
Seldar

Activity: 333

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:55:57 AM

A new shitcoin created to destroy shitcoins, that's priceless Smiley

There are several problems with this new coin : trust, centralization and lifespan.
what will happen when devs decide to leave project?

Sorry for my bad english Smiley
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 09:21:46 AM

A new shitcoin created to destroy shitcoins, that's priceless Smiley

There are several problems with this new coin : trust, centralization and lifespan.
what will happen when devs decide to leave project?

You know 3 years ago, people said the same about Bitcoin Tongue
Time will tell my friend, as it did for Bitcoin.

~Videlicet

platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:44:15 AM

Is there any IPO here? What new does your project offer to us and why would anyone mine the coins?
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:16:49 PM

I love the use of 'shitcoin' in the op and this is an interesting idea.

As for GPU algos, why not skein or groestl?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:09:47 PM

Is there any IPO here? What new does your project offer to us and why would anyone mine the coins?

Why would anyone mine a coin? To get a piece of the action. What is offered to the community is a voice, and a movement in which everyone can direct their efforts in a coordinated manner to clean up the marketplace. I am the one doing all the programming, so any more questions I'll be happy to answer. The biggest thing Coinshield has that every other coin doesn't, is a purpose. Now it has a function in the community, just like anything of innovation should have. Even some coins that do have programmed innovation generally only stop there. The new innovations are going to come in the form of what is necessary for the growth and fruition of Bitcoin, and others Alike.

EDIT: No IPO, really puts on a bad name =/ this is only because it has been a targeted vector for scams, otherwise is a beautiful part of the free market [successfully implemented in a system with a pinch of regulation].

What are advantages / comparisons between skein or groestl and any other GPU algorithm?

[Explain More] So we can all know Wink

~Videlicet

emmnazady

Activity: 284

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:20:48 PM

Interesting...Great Coin.I am in and wating for this coin.

Next-Gen of
Algo Stablecoins

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
  Join Private Sale of $TST
  No KYC     Fair Launch Auction

CopperLaunch.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████

████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████   ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄   ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌                ▐█████
███████▄   ▀████▀   ▄███████
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:32:03 PM

Why would anyone mine a coin? To get a piece of the action. What is offered to the community is a voice, and a movement in which everyone can direct their efforts in a coordinated manner to clean up the marketplace. I am the one doing all the programming, so any more questions I'll be happy to answer. The biggest thing Coinshield has that every other coin doesn't, is a purpose. Now it has a function in the community, just like anything of innovation should have. Even some coins that do have programmed innovation generally only stop there. The new innovations are going to come in the form of what is necessary for the growth and fruition of Bitcoin, and others Alike.

EDIT: No IPO, really puts on a bad name =/ this is only because it has been a targeted vector for scams, otherwise is a beautiful part of the free market [successfully implemented in a system with a pinch of regulation].

What are advantages / comparisons between skein or groestl and any other GPU algorithm?

[Explain More] So we can all know Wink

~Videlicet

I am looking for reputable sources for my claims but skein has a much higher hashrate with less energy than scrypt and grostl is less higher hash but much more energy efficient. If I can't find solid proof in these fourms today then I will do a quick test tonight to double check. Memory serves using the python skein miner my 270x never broke 50C though... I mean it was a mind blowing difference on heat generated.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: