Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785444 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 11:33:09 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 11:49:00 AM by djm34

Probably no miner at launch for Nvidia ^^" You should ask in the cudaminer thread, there are some new devs there who like bounties Tongue

EDIT: Oh, no premine Tongue That's new *cough* So no bounties he Tongue
that depends what you call bounties (freshcoin, I should have negotiated... however it was a lose-lose situation since there was already a gpuminer and rentals...) Grin

Actually this one could be interesting (but again with a gpu miner at launch, laziness tends to win knowing that porting to nvidia when a amd code exists (and vice versa) is rather a no brainer...) as there is no implementation of skein-1024 to sphlib so you need to actually read the code  Grin.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitSlapper

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:36:01 PM

Are you kidding me ?
7/8

7/11

7/18

shit coin

Lol you're joking right?

He's implementing a new crypto algorithm for mining coins, currently by himself!

All of these coins you see that launch within 2 days of announcement are just copying code created by someone else and changing the block reward and logo's.

It's easy to copy work from someone else, it's not easy to come up with and implement original code.

Plus he's doing it pretty much for free. There's the 2% of each block over the course of the entire coin. So he only gets anything out of it if the coin does well for a long period of time.

If you aren't joking then please just go mine the next scam coin that comes out where a "dev" copied code and set aside a hidden premine or instamined and destroys the value of the coin as

soon as it gets launched on an exchange. Because that is obviously what you're looking for.

BitSlapper      Coin Shield : 2QscvkN2ddvKHhQZD9RjYS6nGXSLSSgQYJ6peCCXV8RNP8FZj2r
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:39:28 PM

Are you kidding me ?
7/8

7/11

7/18

shit coin

Lol you're joking right?

He's implementing a new crypto algorithm for mining coins, currently by himself!

All of these coins you see that launch within 2 days of announcement are just copying code created by someone else and changing the block reward and logo's.

It's easy to copy work from someone else, it's not easy to come up with and implement original code.

Plus he's doing it pretty much for free. There's the 2% of each block over the course of the entire coin. So he only gets anything out of it if the coin does well for a long period of time.

If you aren't joking then please just go mine the next scam coin that comes out where a "dev" copied code and set aside a hidden premine or instamined and destroys the value of the coin as

soon as it gets launched on an exchange. Because that is obviously what you're looking for.

Hear hear to this!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
TheVoodooDevil

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:16:00 PM

It sounds like a cool idea, and has a great intention, but I don't see this ending well personally, though maybe I missed something. Please correct me if this is the case.

It seems to fly in the face of the concept of open markets, which is a major reason for bitcoin's success; and are investors really the right people to be deciding what is and isn't a shit coin?? This sounds like something that would be turned into a tool for pump+dumpers to me; Imagine - you make a shit coin, pump the hell out of it, dump it, buy back in, the shieldcoin community notices and finally gets around to voting this coin as a "shitcoin"
- at this point, the dumper is ready to move to shieldcoin, so not only do they get all their profit from pumping and dumping their "shit coin" (which is really subjective, at this point, bitcoin is a shit coin compared to many coins not taken seriously or valued, and joke coins like doge become legit successes. Who are we as investors, not devs, to make that decision?? many traders don't have the first idea why any of the coins work) Just imagine, for a moment, a bunch of greedy people with no technological knowledge voting on coins based on their innovations.

So basically what I'm saying is, this coin looks like something that would make shitcoins more profitable to churn out and pump, since it adds an extra layer of profit for the pumpers far more than it would for any bagholder. I believe mainstream adoption of decently developed coins will kill the real shitcoins, not making another coin and devoting it to hostility towards open markets. People make stupid choices in every market, it's not really up to anyone but yourself to stop that from happening. Trust me, I know it sucks to lose money on a trade, but this..??

...With a coin like this, I would finally have a reason to mine shitcoins!!! I didn't before. Should I be buying doge again? It does nothing, and is deemed the shittiest coin, yet it's been to nascar and saved starving childrens' lives. I really don't see how we could possibly play crypto-god in the way shield intends to, it is not our place to do such a thing. Is this some kind of crypto-government??
KryptoKash (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:45:13 AM

It sounds like a cool idea, and has a great intention, but I don't see this ending well personally, though maybe I missed something. Please correct me if this is the case.

It seems to fly in the face of the concept of open markets, which is a major reason for bitcoin's success; and are investors really the right people to be deciding what is and isn't a shit coin?? This sounds like something that would be turned into a tool for pump+dumpers to me; Imagine - you make a shit coin, pump the hell out of it, dump it, buy back in, the shieldcoin community notices and finally gets around to voting this coin as a "shitcoin"
- at this point, the dumper is ready to move to shieldcoin, so not only do they get all their profit from pumping and dumping their "shit coin" (which is really subjective, at this point, bitcoin is a shit coin compared to many coins not taken seriously or valued, and joke coins like doge become legit successes. Who are we as investors, not devs, to make that decision?? many traders don't have the first idea why any of the coins work) Just imagine, for a moment, a bunch of greedy people with no technological knowledge voting on coins based on their innovations.

So basically what I'm saying is, this coin looks like something that would make shitcoins more profitable to churn out and pump, since it adds an extra layer of profit for the pumpers far more than it would for any bagholder. I believe mainstream adoption of decently developed coins will kill the real shitcoins, not making another coin and devoting it to hostility towards open markets. People make stupid choices in every market, it's not really up to anyone but yourself to stop that from happening. Trust me, I know it sucks to lose money on a trade, but this..??

...With a coin like this, I would finally have a reason to mine shitcoins!!! I didn't before. Should I be buying doge again? It does nothing, and is deemed the shittiest coin, yet it's been to nascar and saved starving childrens' lives. I really don't see how we could possibly play crypto-god in the way shield intends to, it is not our place to do such a thing. Is this some kind of crypto-government??

The Coinshield System is based on the voice of the entire community (not just investors). The goal is to get it to a point where shitcoin devs make NO profit from creating these coins - this will reduce future scams/clones. Once established, Coinshield will devalue the shitcoin's value before it has any shot at succeeding. Any pumpers / dumpers who attempt to pump that coin's price will have to do a lot more then simply raise its value to get more CSD. Our trade algorithm will look at several factors, a few of which have not been disclosed.

Now if someone chooses to pump the coin via community backing, then the shitcoin would never appear on our shitcoin list, and it will not get a trade channel opened (How could it if the community is pumping it and not voting against it?). If they do decide to try the impossible, it will take time, this would ensure with high probability that their "death filled bubble" will burst.

If someone attempts to pump the coin by themselves, they will be fighting the entire community who is dumping on their buy orders. This in turn will help the community by increasing Coinshields value. This will also cost the pumper a significant amount of BTC. If they manage to raise the price however so slightly, our trade algorithm will still not allow them to profit heavily. They will also be fighting the community who is exchanging the shitcoin for CSD (With each trade the next offer is lower then the previous).

This is not playing "Crypto God" because we do not have the choice of what lives or dies, it is everybody else that does. We are just here to protect and amplify the community's voice as it grows.

TheVoodooDevil

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:07:35 AM

Thanks for the response  Grin ; I think this answers all my questions. I'll be keeping an eye on this; probably will mine some soon - but I find it strange that pump/dumpers are finding this coin so appealing.
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:25:45 AM

The Coinshield System is based on the voice of the entire community (not just investors). The goal is to get it to a point where shitcoin devs make NO profit from creating these coins - this will reduce future scams/clones. Once established, Coinshield will devalue the shitcoin's value before it has any shot at succeeding. Any pumpers / dumpers who attempt to pump that coin's price will have to do a lot more then simply raise its value to get more CSD. Our trade algorithm will look at several factors, a few of which have not been disclosed.

Now if someone chooses to pump the coin via community backing, then the shitcoin would never appear on our shitcoin list, and it will not get a trade channel opened (How could it if the community is pumping it and not voting against it?). If they do decide to try the impossible, it will take time, this would ensure with high probability that their "death filled bubble" will burst.

If someone attempts to pump the coin by themselves, they will be fighting the entire community who is dumping on their buy orders. This in turn will help the community by increasing Coinshields value. This will also cost the pumper a significant amount of BTC. If they manage to raise the price however so slightly, our trade algorithm will still not allow them to profit heavily. They will also be fighting the community who is exchanging the shitcoin for CSD (With each trade the next offer is lower then the previous).

This is not playing "Crypto God" because we do not have the choice of what lives or dies, it is everybody else that does. We are just here to protect and amplify the community's voice as it grows.

What if someone makes an altcoin with lots of promises of new innovations, %1 premine and IPO.
He can just disappear before releasing the said promises and the community would realise that they got scammed.
It would be listed as a shitcoin.
When trading channels to CSD opens he will dump the coins along with everyone he scammed and get profit.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:40:32 AM

Block Reward [Developers]:1 * e^(-0.00000059 * nHeight * [Chain Time Modular]) + 0.04
And with that... this coin is dead to me.

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

I hope CoinShield is the first coin that this project tried to destroy, lol.
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Block Reward [Developers]:1 * e^(-0.00000059 * nHeight * [Chain Time Modular]) + 0.04

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

You ignorant retard.

phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:41:58 AM

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

You ignorant retard.
What a well considered and thoughtful comment  Smiley.  Your content for cryptoarticles.com must be seriously top notch with that quality of analysis and writing.
armin22

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:42:56 AM

Too bad, was a damn decent idea.  Sad to see it abused by another greedy developer.

You ignorant retard.
What a well considered and thoughtful comment  Smiley.

Instead of being a little bitch, why dont you read this:

Lol you're joking right?

Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:32:00 AM

What if someone makes an altcoin with lots of promises of new innovations, %1 premine and IPO.
He can just disappear before releasing the said promises and the community would realise that they got scammed.
It would be listed as a shitcoin.
When trading channels to CSD opens he will dump the coins along with everyone he scammed and get profit.

One layer of security against such an act would be a general "standard" that is a shared consensus among the community. People of the community then have the choice to agree and set standards on what is acceptable, and what is not. This would be the time to formulate defenses against your above mentioned act [wait to see code before IPO, avoid premines, etc.]. This understood as a general consensus, would make such a scam impossible.

~Videlicet

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:07:42 AM

Videlicet, I am happy to see a knowledgeable developer putting in so much hard work.

But I am worried about QA, with so much innovation and new code coming from a single source, there must be bugs. What is the QA process, who are the testers?

I do not mean to discourage the effort at all, or anything negative, rather to encourage this to go smoothly for you, since you have put so much hard work in to the project.

It is currently just [me] testing [with many computers], this is one reason I have been pushing the launch back [I need to ensure that the code is stable].

Anyone is welcome to help test, I'm actually thinking of releasing some binaries with a Unifed Time Lock set to 7/18/14 12:00 PM, so that we can test it on a testnet before launch. Either way this will keep people from producing any blocks on main net until launch time, to allow the binaries to be released before launch [this makes the process much easier on everyone]  Smiley

Thank You,
~Videlicet

I would be interested to participate in some testing.

Thank You, what operating system would you be able to test with?

~Videlicet

I used to develop mainly under windows but I'm familiar with both windows and linux environment.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:24:28 PM

I hear ya on that BUT this sort of method of dev compensation is actually kinda interesting since its more of a commission in the way that if the project does not succeed the dev gets shit. Still, you want to push that to the extreme and you could easily say a good dev team with a good project would still profit without an ipo/premine/etc.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 02:33:50 PM

I checked this at length earlier in the project, here is how it works out (1.6-2.7% which averages to about 2% over all) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg7409023#msg7409023

you could easily say a good dev team with a good project would still profit without an ipo/premine/etc.

Exactly, we have worked out a model that requires no taxation, premine, ipo, instamine or anything of the kind for Bitmark, discussed it at length and adopted it. There are other ways.

We could not implement taxation as it would break compatibility with existing software which we cannot do on our own project, so had to abandon it.

However CoinSheild does not have this problem as it is innovation focused with no backwards compatibility to be concerned with, so taxation will work here.

I personally feel sub 1% (0.25% even) would be better, but 2% is not so bad, and if it does not become hugely successful there is nothing at stake, value will be earned here through hard work which is the most important thing.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
CryptoBull

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:55:07 PM

hi there fellas, can you tell me how to mine this coin because i don't see in the OP Sad

Captain Positive Cool
armin22

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:14:13 PM

hi there fellas, can you tell me how to mine this coin because i don't see in the OP Sad

You're gonna have to wait until the coin is released my friend Smiley

CryptoBull

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:18:46 PM

A ok man sorry Cheesy i thought it was released Smiley
When is the release date and hour do you know ?

Captain Positive Cool
armin22

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:19:32 PM

A ok man sorry Cheesy i thought it was released Smiley
When is the release date and hour do you know ?

"7/18"

6 days from now Tongue

CryptoBull

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:25:06 PM

oooo cool man thank you very much waiting for this good project to happen sick and tired from p/d schemes  Undecided
I will be here waiting and watching the thread for news  Cool
Have a great evening Grin

Captain Positive Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: