Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:42:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
KryptoKash (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:00:45 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 03:22:49 AM by KryptoKash

I re-wrote the OP. I tried to explain the entire process as best as I could. Sorry guys, Videlicet tends to get lost in the details sometimes. This should clear up any confusion.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:24:53 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 05:52:08 PM by Videlicet

So, I require the [opinion] of the community.

Wrote a Hailstone Sequence Miner, [to calculate Collatz numbers in Series], it works, difficulty too.

A] Does anyone have any other ideas of a mathematical series that can be used?
B] Should we stay with Reicoin [or maybe implement Hailstone] for the CPU channel?

I would love some [input]
So I can produce more [output]  Cheesy

~Videlicet

EDIT: reorganized slightly

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:47:46 PM

Great idea, I like this.

Good luck guys!
mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:34:31 PM

Wrote a Hailstone Sequence Miner, [to calculate Collatz numbers in Series], it works, difficulty too.

B] Should we stay with Reicoin [or maybe implement Hailstone] for the CPU channel?

~Videlicet

I like the idea and sounds very interesting (though I'm not a mathematician). Can you give us more details on the Hailstone Sequence miner? The difficulty would be the length (steps) of the sequence? The starting number will be based on the block hash?
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:01:21 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 09:18:15 PM by Videlicet

~Videlicet

I like the idea and sounds very interesting (though I'm not a mathematician). Can you give us more details on the Hailstone Sequence miner? The difficulty would be the length (steps) of the sequence? The starting number will be based on the block hash?

Hailstone series is when number is even, divide by 2. When number is odd, multiply by 3 and add 1 [ex. 6, 3, 10, 5, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1]. This series will go on until it eventually reaches 1... the unproven part of it, is that it has not been proven that infinite Hailstone series exist. This was just a starting point to get a good idea of how hard it would be to implement new CPU POW, and it is actually easier than I expected.

I have been leaning towards Goldbach's Conjecture, which states that any integer greater than two is the sum of two primes, and that any integer greater than five is the sum of three primes. This leads me to question as to the existence of four primes/so on [this could open more doorways in the future]. The reason I am leaning towards this Conjecture, is it is the core of RSA encryption, and if proven either way will impact Cryptography significantly.

As for starting point, that is a better idea to use block hash [my plan was over complicated, of course]. I am also thinking of having a secondary requirement where miner has to submit X digits of transcendental number (Phi, Pi, or E) along with the block POW. This could add some depth to the network, as the block chain could store all digits of said number [very useful to number theorists].

EDIT: Difficulty is regulated by logarithm of root, added to the difficulty value [longer series become more common as digits increase]

What do you think?
~Videlicet

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
CoinCalendar

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:08:34 PM

Coinshield has now been added to the Coin Calendar! Good luck with the launch, we've linked through to your website and kept information in relation to your coin LINK
BitSlapper

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:34:44 AM

I really like the idea of this coin! Hopefully it will take off.

Have you considered using Scrypt-Jane for GPU mining?

It has an adaptive N-Factor like Scrypt-N but can use up to 7 different hashing algorithms compared to Scrypt-N which only uses 1.

BitSlapper      Coin Shield : 2QscvkN2ddvKHhQZD9RjYS6nGXSLSSgQYJ6peCCXV8RNP8FZj2r
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:03:49 AM

I really like the idea of this coin! Hopefully it will take off.

Have you considered using Scrypt-Jane for GPU mining?

It has an adaptive N-Factor like Scrypt-N but can use up to 7 different hashing algorithms compared to Scrypt-N which only uses 1.

This is a very good suggestion, Thank You!

I will be releasing in next few days what I've chosen for GPU channel based on community's input. [This will be for assessment if anyone has any more suggestions  Wink].

~Videlicet

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:23:28 AM

Now is the time to suggest anything you feel we need to change. The next update on the OP (which will be in the next few days) will show you what we improved!   Grin

McNulty

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:03:40 PM

scrypt jane sucks  (need a lot of ram - high power usage)

Groestl algo seems to be a good choice for me or Qubit for example
ElliottHe

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:08:22 PM

Sounds interesting...

Exchange shit coin with CoinShield.. Then will you sell the shit coin on the market?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

deletecoin 2.0? not exactly new, but ok

i want to see it in action, the last time it didn't work at all
mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:20:18 PM

~Videlicet

Hailstone series is when number is even, divide by 2. When number is odd, multiply by 3 and add 1 [ex. 6, 3, 10, 5, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1]. This series will go on until it eventually reaches 1... the unproven part of it, is that it has not been proven that infinite Hailstone series exist. This was just a starting point to get a good idea of how hard it would be to implement new CPU POW, and it is actually easier than I expected.

I have been leaning towards Goldbach's Conjecture, which states that any integer greater than two is the sum of two primes, and that any integer greater than five is the sum of three primes. This leads me to question as to the existence of four primes/so on [this could open more doorways in the future]. The reason I am leaning towards this Conjecture, is it is the core of RSA encryption, and if proven either way will impact Cryptography significantly.

As for starting point, that is a better idea to use block hash [my plan was over complicated, of course]. I am also thinking of having a secondary requirement where miner has to submit X digits of transcendental number (Phi, Pi, or E) along with the block POW. This could add some depth to the network, as the block chain could store all digits of said number [very useful to number theorists].

EDIT: Difficulty is regulated by logarithm of root, added to the difficulty value [longer series become more common as digits increase]

What do you think?
~Videlicet

OK. I'm not sure if I understand how the difficulty will be adjusted.
What I understood from wikipedia the max number of steps in a sequence is related to the size (number of digits) of the starting number, and as you wrote when the digits increase the longer series also more common. What can be problematic is when we are searching for a longer series than it's possible to achieve with the starting number.
Quote from Wiki:
The longest progression for any initial starting number less than 100 million is 63,728,127, which has 949 steps. For starting numbers less than 1 billion it is 670,617,279, with 986 steps, and for numbers less than 10 billion it is 9,780,657,630, with 1132 steps.
I didn't read the full article yet but it's also important to know the relation between the size of the starting number and the probability to find  a fixed number of steps.
(Again I want to mention here that I'm not a mathematician Smiley)

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:20:33 PM

OP, are you muddafudda?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 03:09:54 PM

A very intriguing concept!

Just one flaw I can think of: if CoinShield takes off, the usual suspects will change their 'business model' to deliberately creating crapcoins to dump on Coinshield. Back in the days of J.D. Rockefeller, old J.D. had the idea of monopolizing the refinery sector by buying out Standard competitors at a premium. One joker saw that he could build refineries and make a quick profit by selling into Standard's open offer. Reportedly he built three before J.P found out.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:43:44 PM

Sounds interesting...

Exchange shit coin with CoinShield.. Then will you sell the shit coin on the market?

Yes, this is a summary of what happens to the shitcoins from the OP:

The Death Of The Shitcoin.... Oh Did I Forget To Mention You Earn Even More Money From This?
You might be asking yourself why does Coinshield want your shitcoins? Well as it turns out we don't. As soon as the system gets them, they are automatically transferred to the nearest exchange! (Okay maybe not the nearest but the one with the highest buy order). Once in that exchange, they are dumped on that buy order. This will not only begin to crash their value, it will also generate Bitcoins! The Coinshield Exchange System will then use these Bitcoins to build buy walls. Coinshield does not just destroy a shitcoin, it also absorbs their economy! Remember those shitcoins you traded to us for Coinshield? Well not only did we use them to kill that coin we also used them to raise the value of the coins we gave you.

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:56:40 PM

Just one flaw I can think of: if CoinShield takes off, the usual suspects will change their 'business model' to deliberately creating crapcoins to dump on Coinshield. Back in the days of J.D. Rockefeller, old J.D. had the idea of monopolizing the refinery sector by buying out Standard competitors at a premium. One joker saw that he could build refineries and make a quick profit by selling into Standard's open offer. Reportedly he built three before J.P found out.

Videlicet and I have discussed this very scenario and came up with a way to prevent this from happening. The systems trade algorithm will prevent shitcoins from purposely dumping on us. I'll have Videlicet explain the details behind his code when he takes a breather from his coding session.
Thank you
~KryptoKash

CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:18:51 PM

How Does Coinshield Do All That?
There is a long version and a short version answer to this question. The short version is simple: YOU! Let me explain. The Coinshield process begins when a user of our community (sign up and register your username now before someone else does http://coinshieldtalk.org) creates a petition declaring that "Flyingtoes Coin" is a shitcoin and needs to be stopped (of course we all know "Flyingtoes Coin" is not a real coin, this just an example). This petition will contain a poll (so users of the community can vote if the coin is a shitcoin or not), and an argument as to why the OP feels so strongly that the coin is a shitcoin and needs to be destroyed.y into a faded memory. Each "winner" will be put to vote on our main page

I really hope we don't end up with a Flyingtoes Coin now.

great thread I'm probably far too noob to be much use tbh but i'll throw some input in if anything springs up

kinda like the dump shitcoins to build buy walls idea
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:01:39 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 06:19:02 PM by Videlicet

scrypt jane sucks  (need a lot of ram - high power usage)

Groestl algo seems to be a good choice for me or Qubit for example

This seems to be a bit of consensus here, Thank You for your input. What do you suggest be done to deter ASIC/FPGA off the GPU channel other than large memory requirements?

~Videlicet

What do you think?
~Videlicet

OK. I'm not sure if I understand how the difficulty will be adjusted.
What I understood from wikipedia the max number of steps in a sequence is related to the size (number of digits) of the starting number, and as you wrote when the digits increase the longer series also more common. What can be problematic is when we are searching for a longer series than it's possible to achieve with the starting number.
Quote from Wiki:
The longest progression for any initial starting number less than 100 million is 63,728,127, which has 949 steps. For starting numbers less than 1 billion it is 670,617,279, with 986 steps, and for numbers less than 10 billion it is 9,780,657,630, with 1132 steps.
I didn't read the full article yet but it's also important to know the relation between the size of the starting number and the probability to find  a fixed number of steps.
(Again I want to mention here that I'm not a mathematician Smiley)

When I wrote miner a day ago, I found the the formula (root^1/3 + difficulty) worked quite well [to get average chain length per root digits]. Difficulty could then be a number (700) for starters. I then had difficulty modulation based on average block time, and time between blocks [set to 15 second target] and it ran all night with a continuous average time of 15 seconds [of course increasing the root over this time]. It seemed to be stable, but was created more as a test to how difficult it would be to implement scientifically valid POW.

The second option is to have hash be at specific target [like normal], but nNonce values to produce hash have to fall into a specific pattern [hailstone, goldbach, etc]. This will keep scientific validity, but retain hashing security. This could even have two layers of difficulty [nNonce requirement, hash target requirement].

Videlicet and I have discussed this very scenario and came up with a way to prevent this from happening. The systems trade algorithm will prevent shitcoins from purposely dumping on us. I'll have Videlicet explain the details behind his code when he takes a breather from his coding session.
Thank you
~KryptoKash

This could work - but the only way to "prevent" is not by eliminating possibility, but by making the profits of such a scheme minimized. The way this can be done, would be through the channels. Let us say that coin X is verified by Coinshield Community, and coin Y clones it. Coin Y will have an exchange channel opened, because coin X community noticed the forgery. Coin Y having been newly launched will not have much value in the Coinshield Channels [because it is a case of forgery, and has no longevity as a coin]. This will deter such acts, for in order for anyone to make any sort of money with such a scheme, they would need to make an innovative coin [in order to survive forgery scrutiny, build a value, then destroy with profits]. This is the expense for profits, for why would anyone spend time to innovate just to petition their own destruction? [let alone be able to convince the community that this innovation needs to die].

As a community we can work together to create an environment of decency, respect, and quality.

EDIT: slight restructuring / rewording after last proofread

~Videlicet

McNulty

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:29:01 PM

you can make it multi-algo too, like myriadcoin or saffroncoin

combined with POS, it would be a first  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: