Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290683 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:59:31 PM

Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

really?how can you said that litecoin dead?i saw on other thread that litecoin is good altcoin with great future,i dont know which must i believe for this news  Huh
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:15:33 PM

Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

really?how can you said that litecoin dead?i saw on other thread that litecoin is good altcoin with great future,i dont know which must i believe for this news  Huh

Ignore that fudster troll. Litecoin is alive and well and not abandoned whatsoever. https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:20:08 PM

Litecoin always surprises, ignore the trolls!
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:47:52 AM

They are not trolls at all they just trying to cause some panic in other alts and made us
 believe that this is best investment and we all should jump in Ethereum.
You can see they are flooding the forum with ETH,ETH only ETH.. This is very annoying.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:49:23 AM

so true i still say that this is one coin i can really rely on it, there are some others but this is prime besides BTC off course

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:54:12 AM

so true i still say that this is one coin i can really rely on it, there are some others but this is prime besides BTC off course

I mine LTC yet....715mh about 223 LTC per month and about 500 usd after electric....equip has ROI'd all is good.

Have moved most to BTC after halving and hoarding etc.

What I have done is when LTC gets around 1800 to 2000 accumulated.....I get nervous. The biggest gripe I have about LTC
is the lack of 'promotion' on the part of the major players of LTC. They comment OFTEN about BTC issues but not so much about
LTC as a system/silver to gold as they say alternative. By promotion I mean just pride in their coin..what they want for the future
a decent LTC Foundation. A frigging universe where www.litecointalk.org was not hacked and still up and not as in the
past promoting LTCgear scams etc......

ie they are sitting on their hands imho just hanging on BTC's coat tails.

When BTC was having issues with developers core vs classic ...they could have promoted LTC. Much in the way when Gold
goes wacky people go to Silver. They don't have anything in any way for a consensus PROMOTION of their coin in any manner for probably
more then 1 year.

They don't even have a simple way to promote the idea of Litecoin Nodes. Which is a simple enough page to throw up to
promote interest in their LTC coin.

So if I agree or don't agree with Ethereum their developers ARE making the right 'noises' no what they want to accomplish and such

LTC Universe is way to quiet and only reacts mainly to btc price..never moves their LTC coin with their own endeavors or so it seems.
. So if LTC is a 'real' alternative to the other coins they had better get a LOT better at promoting

its strengths and broad base support and volume etc thru the crypto universe..which I admit is substantial...just saying.

OR

They are simply doing what I've been doing with LTC. the power movers/devs/etc of LTC of the ...accumulating LTC via trading (most common) or mining like I do...TILL THEY GET

TO THE POINT of being NERVOUS about whatever hoard is accumulated and then moving say  LTC to BTC and rinse/wash/repeat like I do.....ie LTC is just a thin screen of out

flow to BTC and could easily be replaced by some other coin (no idea what coin just saying) ie ...a crypto paper weight so to speak..nice when it is windy otherwise ignored.

Before halving when I was mining in 2015 at 1.30 an LTC I at least had SOME faith something was gonna happen for it to come back.

It did when BTC came back and I had around 4000 or so LTC. But since then anything more then 1000 LTC makes me 'twitchy'

but have become discouraged last 7 months or so specially after the china 8 buck pump and dump setup

Now with ethereum around (good or bad unknown) it is POSSIBLE that LTC could slip again and the ratio of say LTC to BTC could go back

to what it was in 2015 the 0.00595 days LTC to BTC.....

But it is damn  hard to get motivated on LTC if most of those involved seem to be thru trading or mining doing EXACTLY what I am doing

once a certain amount of LTC is accumulated..ie moving part or most to BTC because of these 'twitches' and confusion on wth is going on with LTC and why

not more promotion/organization/of strengths of the coin and esp volume....I mean it is good there is no developer ego or FUD involved...but standing at the back of the room

on the arm as BTC's Eye Candy...is only gonna go so far till the next pretty crypto with more promotion/and fire and organizational skills comes along

LTC has done well on the shut up part ....better get of the stick on the put up part of the equation or the coin will just fade away imho

Note a fan of Ethereum...but want to or not I am aware of their LONG TERM goals and plans ....as to LTC ...besides doing what I'm doing

moving it to BTC ...I see no such clarity or I really really have to dig for it ..ie for example why am I on the LTC Is dead thread? Where the hell is the

LTC is thriving thread..here is why ..climb aboard?

my 2 LTC's worth

also remember I'm ALWAYS wrong so now when LTC pumps up because of this post you can thank me in hindsight

but anyway....how my LTC has moved to BTC in the Last 7 months or so ...want to believe ..have little reason to do so at this time.

(and I give those anti ethereum folks the point that if they are correct and ethereum tanks they probably will go to LTC..thus my still holding up to
1000 plus LTC at a time....)

But again if the ratio of LTC to BTC is just that a ratio of between 0.008 and 0.010 ..if that is all it is and the volume ..why bother ...if that is all the coin is good for

even if it survives long term...hell just move it already ....and all you have to stress about then is the FUD of BTC rather then the LTC

But again the LONGER this goes on the more LIKELY imho of LTC just one day dumping from 3.20 to 2.20 for no other reason then 'neglect'

Those with more power then myself in the LTC world ...assuming they still drink the 'kool aid' better step some things up to keep up with the rest

of the crypto universe on expectations/promotion/and LTC strengths BESIDES its hook to BTC ratio wise.....just saying

silence/and lack of at least 'public' vision of their coin.

again likely wrong ..but what I'm doing today. Going to bank and getting LTC paper wallet out and moving 1000 ltc to btc as per usual every 4
months or so....it is confusing enough as a miner ..I'd go crazy if I had to trade LTC (sheesh)

later

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
25hashcoin

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:48:12 PM

there are some others but this is prime besides BTC off course

Subtle. Brb buying xpm!

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:35:53 PM

Not dead because:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features currently being developed look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value.

Truth. Those who dismiss Litecoin either dont read facts or are brainwashed by the trolls and FUDers around here. Will Litecoin ever replace Bitcoin totally? Maybe not even if only due to network effect but in todays world, how many different currencies are out there? Lots. How many different payment networks are out there (Visa, Mastercard, paypal, cash, check, MO, etc)? Lots.
I see no reason for Bitcoin to stand alone and Litecoin will continue to be a major player.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
dailycoins

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Dailycoins.net

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 02:56:48 PM

It's just plain stupid to claim that litecoin is dead just because there are more attractive coins available today. Look at the market cap and do your homework.

Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:38:23 PM

I sold my at 800k so i will buy again lower and this is also very good job!
You can increase your holding if you don panic. This is nature of crypto,  you can lose everything
 or you can double or triple your money , but with LTC you have much less stress and fear.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:25:43 PM

I sold my at 800k so i will buy again lower and this is also very good job!
You can increase your holding if you don panic. This is nature of crypto,  you can lose everything
 or you can double or triple your money , but with LTC you have much less stress and fear.

well said dude
maybe the best coin to invest in long term not like some premined shit coin and rest some even say that ETH is next prime they can only dream about it

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:08:39 PM

People love to gamble this is only explanation.
And crazy greed is behind all of this, i don't understand how can someone HYPE something
that even understand properly ,but he know this is future of money and other stupid statements
i have seen here..Ico is no different from dice !
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:36:14 PM

All you can guys hope for,if you baghold/mine LTC is for a pump and sell fast as soon as you make profit.This coin is 0,theres nothing about it,all it had since the beginning was a clever marketing for naive people that thought it if bitc could hit 500$+ therefore ltc could do the same.I mean,seriously,all it had and has is "ltc is silver to bitcoin"s gold",thats even more embarrasing than "monero" coin name.
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:07:24 PM

All you can guys hope for,if you baghold/mine LTC is for a pump and sell fast as soon as you make profit.This coin is 0,theres nothing about it,all it had since the beginning was a clever marketing for naive people that thought it if bitc could hit 500$+ therefore ltc could do the same.I mean,seriously,all it had and has is "ltc is silver to bitcoin"s gold",thats even more embarrasing than "monero" coin name.

Do you make it your personal job to shittalk about LTC everywhere on this forum? I see you fudding ltc in every single ltc related thread, what do you have against ltc?
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:40:18 PM

Nothing really,but i just cannot understand why people see LTC as something that matters,cuz it doesnt.There are probably hundred of altcoins that are better technologically and are not owned by chinese mining cartels.I would personally buy LTC probably at and between 0.5-1$ just because i know eventually chinese whales would pump it eventually since its growth cannot be sustained by technology within,ethereum case.And yes,i realise a part of ether's value happened thanks to pump,but as potential it is above anything else released so far.And because of that,when dump happened 1-2 days ago people didnt panic and sell,as it would happen with any other crypto thats backed by nothing except for the hope of becoming rich.
El3k0n

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

USA TRUMP USA TRUMP USA TRUMP

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:11:10 PM

I was one of the people who backed LTC in the first place.

Boy was I burned   Cry
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:22:48 PM

All you can guys hope for,if you baghold/mine LTC is for a pump and sell fast as soon as you make profit.
You must investigate a little then you can talk about LTC. Now you firing on blind and this is not different from FuD.
I only saying many shitcoins will be long dead and cold when LTC start rising in full shine!
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:59:26 PM

The chinese destroyed Litecoin, and totally cornered it. I was there at the halving. The chinese gutted it with no rhyme or reason. Without that chinese dump we would have found a new floor at $10 long term (and they would have made more money). Now chinese own millions of litecoins. The best bet is to find another coin that chinese haven't found yet.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:50:18 PM

Is really hard to imagine only one or two crypto-currencies on the stage, But without any support or even marketing LTC  will continue losing ground slowly.
25hashcoin

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:41:30 PM

The chinese destroyed Litecoin, and totally cornered it. I was there at the halving. The chinese gutted it with no rhyme or reason. Without that chinese dump we would have found a new floor at $10 long term (and they would have made more money). Now chinese own millions of litecoins. The best bet is to find another coin that chinese haven't found yet.

Lmfao.

Roll Eyes

The dump of bitcoin from $30 to $2 killed bitcoin. We could have had a new floor at $30....

Wait...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: