Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:01:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290681 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:43:49 PM

5 minute blocktime is not even that good anymore, there are coins much faster then litecoin

I know, some coins have 5 second blocktimes.
That's ridiculous and very bad actually.
+1
The amount of orphan blocks must be horrible.
However, block confimations of 1 minutes work quite well. Litecoin seems slow when compared to these coins, so one might say it loses the only thing that was innovative about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darkota (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:09:52 PM

5 minute blocktime is not even that good anymore, there are coins much faster then litecoin

I know, some coins have 5 second blocktimes.
That's ridiculous and very bad actually.
+1
The amount of orphan blocks must be horrible.
However, block confimations of 1 minutes work quite well. Litecoin seems slow when compared to these coins, so one might say it loses the only thing that was innovative about it.

Very True, Litecoin has no innovations thus far apart from being a clone of Bitcoin with a Silver logo and different name.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:59:55 PM

you guys make me laugh  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:15:24 AM

Why does OP keep deleting all threads defending Litecoin.

Says it all really, let's start threads 'why Litecoin will always be number 2' and delete all posts that say otherwise.

What a douche bag the OP is? How pathetic!

He obviously has an agenda if he makes a thread with this title then makes it a self-moderated thread. lol

Oh the entertainment found here.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:51:16 AM

Litecoin asics are serious investment, so its gonna be paid. Litecoin is the #2.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
darkota (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:56:57 AM

Litecoin asics are serious investment, so its gonna be paid. Litecoin is the #2.

Those ASIC's have the potential to fork Litecoin easily. Not to mention the ASIC's for litecoin as held by relatively few users in China....

It's price also decreased more than 80% after people realized that it offers nothing over bitcoin.
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:07:35 AM

What does bitcoin offer over LTC?
darkota (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:13:55 AM

What does bitcoin offer over LTC?

Acceptance by tens of thousands of stores, including Expedia, TigerDirect, Overstock, etc etc.

Litecoin, on the other hand, is not accepted at any official stores, not one. It's just another alt coin.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:14:59 AM

Litecoin *never* offered anything material vs bitcoin. That has not changed.

What *has* changed, is that there are now a number of coins that actually *are* somewhat interesting. True anon coins (best breed right now being some of the cryptonote coins) are a much more natural fit for the #2 crypto slot, in my opinion. Now that there are indeed decent options to fill that role, I think a slow, steady bleed of marketshare away from LTC is in order.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:20:39 AM

Litecoin *never* offered anything material vs bitcoin. That has not changed.

What *has* changed, is that there are now a number of coins that actually *are* somewhat interesting. True anon coins (best breed right now being some of the cryptonote coins) are a much more natural fit for the #2 crypto slot, in my opinion. Now that there are indeed decent options to fill that role, I think a slow, steady bleed of marketshare away from LTC is in order.

True, I also agree.
easy8

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:37:49 AM

facebook is the #1 social website on the internet. you can create a new better version of facebook.com along with "new" "innovative" shiny features. But that doesnt make your website #1... sorry. Google tried that with google plus but it did not work. you guys who think/talk about other "innovative" coins will cause LTC dead have no idea about what marketing is...

haha nice one!
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:20:33 AM

Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

Who are you to declare it officially?

For an open source, decentralized system like this you can't have officially anyways.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:37:50 AM

Some thick people on this thread. Have any of you heard of "fallacy"? There are actually a lot more than a single fallacy, and you kids are using them up quickly.

Look it up, if you can be bothered. Or do you wear your ignorance like a badge of pride?

DELETE!

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:33:33 PM

wogtami is a top class dev.

the coin has top dev team

thats enough to make me hold LTC atm

Well, if they don't use their top skills, what's the use? Has Litecoin introduced any new feature recently? Apart from Coin Control, which is only a cosmetic improvement of the main function of storing and transfer of funds, there's been zero useful features added.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:15:35 PM

Holy shit a self moderated FUD/Attack thread and people are actually posting?

LTC will slowly die if it doesn't morph. As will all ASIC algo's Sans BTC. <<<----- shit I posted.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
darkota (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:33:10 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 03:29:10 AM by darkota

Holy shit a self moderated FUD/Attack thread and people are actually posting?

LTC will slowly die if it doesn't morph. As will all ASIC algo's Sans BTC. <<<----- shit I posted.

I know, Litecoin will die if it doesn't morph, it's devs seem like they already abandoned it as well. No updates in years, I'm very dissapointed. I also don't delete any comments here.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:32:26 PM

wogtami is a horrible dev

the coin has no dev team

thats enough to make me hold LTC atm  Tongue

Well, if they don't use their top skills, what's the use? Has Litecoin introduced any new feature recently? Apart from Coin Control, which is only a cosmetic improvement of the main function of storing and transfer of funds, there's been zero useful features added.

True, there has been no features added to Litecoin since its consecption, absolutely none. I have never even heard of from the dev in years...
pr9me

Activity: 369

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:56:32 PM

Refresh my memory... How many times now has Litecoin been "officially dead"?
darkota (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:15:07 PM

With no developers, no new content added, a dying community, and getting destroyed by ASIC's. Litecoin's 9 lives have run up.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:33:13 PM

With no developers, no new content added, a dying community, and getting destroyed by ASIC's. Litecoin's 9 lives have run up.

I wonder though, does LTC really need any more features? The presence of ASICs is going to make it quite interesting. Will the network start to centralize? Will Wall St. Want a #2? Remember, even with BTC T 600 bucks app., we are VERY early adopters.

Basically, I'm saying we don't know. I still have 1/3 of my position in it as when we broke .02 I saved what profits I had and rolled 1/2 that into XMR. The alts are nice in this way as you can (still) move things around with no tax implications. Another reason LTC is nice to have.

I get the feeling that when we look back on this time, we are just going to laugh at some of what we thought.
We are still in the womb.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: