Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290681 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:16:57 PM

The btc-e trollbox speculators look like dinosaurs now from ages ago. They discuss Litecoin and why it's falling ad nauseum without realizing that there is a whole new PoS world brewing two clicks away that btc-e didn't present to them Smiley

Well said.

Yea, BTC-E is just lagging behind, they are stuck in the past, and resist change.

Odd that they don't take the 1000's of bitcoin extra daily volume they would get by adding some new coins, no?

It is very odd, maybe their just too lazy to add new coins? They feel as if they get enough $ from already? Idk, but that exchange is becoming more of a mystery to me.

Carrying all the extra coins brings a ton of extra overhead and issues Smiley I am sure that plays a ton into it.

exactly. not all new coins are clean. some have hidden premine. some could have viruses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkota (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:26:53 AM

The btc-e trollbox speculators look like dinosaurs now from ages ago. They discuss Litecoin and why it's falling ad nauseum without realizing that there is a whole new PoS world brewing two clicks away that btc-e didn't present to them Smiley

Well said.

Yea, BTC-E is just lagging behind, they are stuck in the past, and resist change.

Odd that they don't take the 1000's of bitcoin extra daily volume they would get by adding some new coins, no?

It is very odd, maybe their just too lazy to add new coins? They feel as if they get enough $ from already? Idk, but that exchange is becoming more of a mystery to me.

Carrying all the extra coins brings a ton of extra overhead and issues Smiley I am sure that plays a ton into it.

exactly. not all new coins are clean. some have hidden premine. some could have viruses.

Only 1 used-to-be-popular coin I know of had a hidden premine, and that was Asiacoin...I've downloaded and virus scanned many new coin wallets, and I've personally only caught 1 of them that had viruses, and it ended up turning out to be a bug..
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:31:00 AM

Well said.

Only 1 used-to-be-popular coin I know of had a hidden premine, and that was Asiacoin...I've downloaded and virus scanned many new coin wallets, and I've personally only caught 1 of them that had viruses, and it ended up turning out to be a bug..

well we are talking about an exchange being cautious of adding a brand new coin. and i mention a few reason. Yes asiacoin was what i had in mind when i said hidden premine.

as far as viruses there have been many. but they fail fast.

what John was saying is that it take a lot of work to add and keep maintaining a coin. and to add every single coin is tiresome. sometimes the code are bad from noobs and the exchanges get double attacked. so there needs to be a good thorough investigation of each coin code.
coins pop x3 times a day. maybe they do not want to go through the hustle to investigate all the coins
darkota (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:39:46 AM

Well said.

well we are talking about an exchange being cautious of adding a brand new coin. and i mention a few reason. Yes asiacoin was what i had in mind when i said hidden premine.

as far as viruses there have been many. but they fail fast.

Oh Yea, but that still doesn't explain why they have so little coins compared to other exchanges, and they haven't added a new coin in ages.
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:35:13 AM

you'll see those coins at btc-e survive longterm while pos-hype is going to fizzly out like countrycoins did. Because now its anoncoins and tomorrow those fade away because something new comes along. LTC will still be there.
TheCloser

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:48:24 AM

you'll see those coins at btc-e survive longterm while pos-hype is going to fizzly out like countrycoins did. Because now its anoncoins and tomorrow those fade away because something new comes along. LTC will still be there.

+1
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:47:51 PM

It's not about BTC-e just going and adding every new coin that pops up overnight, but just adding the ones that generate significant volume.

When's the last time they added a new coin?

Look at the top 20 coins now by market cap. They are missing tons of potential revenue. Just by adding a few of those they would attract some new customers and have their current customers trading the new coins as well.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:33:39 PM

It's not about BTC-e just going and adding every new coin that pops up overnight, but just adding the ones that generate significant volume.

Look at the top 20 coins now by market cap. They are missing tons of potential revenue. Just by adding a few of those they would attract some new customers and have their current customers trading the new coins as well.

True, it is a mystery. Eventually BTC-e will loose out even in the bitcoin/usd trading market, as people flock to different exchanges for a wider variety of coins.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:43:58 PM

True, it is a mystery. Eventually BTC-e will loose out even in the bitcoin/usd trading market, as people flock to different exchanges for a wider variety of coins.

Maybe true, because they have some shitty alts that have been dead from long ago, like TRC.
nest

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:46:06 PM

We try to help Litecoin, also to improve Nestcoin.

NEXT THING IS NEST
darkota (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:28:23 PM

Maybe true, because they have some shitty alts that have been dead from long ago, like TRC.

Haha yea.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:36:46 PM

agree with you dead and suck -.-
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:44:40 PM

if this is so, someone explain to me step-wise and drastic increase in litecoin difficulty level despite "obsolete" scrypt

http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/litecoin-difficulty-chart
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:49:45 PM

I'm pretty sure that's what people said when the price was around 2$.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

if this is so, someone explain to me step-wise and drastic increase in litecoin difficulty level despite "obsolete" scrypt

Hashrate/difficulty doesn't necessarily mean the coin is useful, ASICs got added to the network recently, miners hoping to get a ROI. Not useful = dead. It paused falling for now, nothing falls in a straight line, but it'll resume its fall soon. Miners hoping to get a ROI doesn't necessarily mean they will get it.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:00:48 PM

Hashrate/difficulty doesn't necessarily mean the coin is useful, ASICs got added to the network recently, miners hoping to get a ROI. Not useful = dead. It paused falling for now, nothing falls in a straight line, but it'll resume its fall soon. Miners hoping to get a ROI doesn't necessarily mean they will get it.

I agree, those ASIC miners will simply dump all their litecoins(as weve been seeing) to gain profit/break even, thus reducing the price. Litecoin will fall into oblivion.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:35:39 PM

I agree, those ASIC miners will simply dump all their litecoins(as weve been seeing) to gain profit/break even, thus reducing the price. Litecoin will fall into oblivion.
This is an interesting point.
Further, as the price of LTC stagnates and more and more of these ASIC rigs come out, who is going to be buying them? How many of the "farms" will be by the actual producers?
I say fewer individuals will be buying them and more producers will be putting them to use. How deep are their pockets? (Meaning can they sit on them hoping for a higher price? I don't think so.)
Now, when they try to sell them, is the demand there? Lots of LTC are mined every day and with a falling price, volume and interest - this could get interesting, ugly or who knows what.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:53:26 AM

This is an interesting point.
Further, as the price of LTC stagnates and more and more of these ASIC rigs come out, who is going to be buying them? How many of the "farms" will be by the actual producers?
I say fewer individuals will be buying them and more producers will be putting them to use. How deep are their pockets? (Meaning can they sit on them hoping for a higher price? I don't think so.)
Now, when they try to sell them, is the demand there? Lots of LTC are mined every day and with a falling price, volume and interest - this could get interesting, ugly or who knows what.

LTC has huge lack of buyers/demand, shown by the falling prices.
CryptoKenzi

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:24:20 AM

I think BC will take it's place
El Dude

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:29:11 AM

darkota has crawled out of this hole and back to spread Litecoin lies. Why don't you just throw yourself off a bridge?

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: