Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:45:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ARG Puzzle with 3.5 BTC Private Key Prize, Game Over  (Read 99434 times)
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:49:50 PM

Strange what I notice now.  The forum topic listing for this thread shows 112 pages, yet we're on 113.  The awakening!!!!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timmmaahh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:08:33 PM

Gatekeeper or not, if the winner shared his/her prize, then it's a proof of respect and humblity. I take off my hat to him/her...
Agreed. I have talked with him and I understand and agree with his actions. I apologize if I acted impolite or rude.

Wow thats really nice from Gatekeeper. I hope everyone who helped hard (including me? Smiley )get a share of the pie for having sleepless nights =)

Crowdfund a students life: 1MxQX4MsF3N3oGpawfgM72K5vzEPeLjTyR
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:10:40 PM

Gatekeeper or not, if the winner shared his/her prize, then it's a proof of respect and humblity. I take off my hat to him/her...
Agreed. I have talked with him and I understand and agree with his actions. I apologize if I acted impolite or rude.

Wow thats really nice from Gatekeeper. I hope everyone who helped hard (including me? Smiley )get a share of the pie for having sleepless nights =)
I haven't received anything, just to be clear, and I don't mind, at all. I was useless at the end and other people have helped a lot more then I did, so they deserve it more then I do.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Timmmaahh

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:12:46 PM

I haven't received anything, just to be clear, and I don't mind, at all. I was useless at the end and other people have helped a lot more then I did, so they deserve it more then I do.

Theres no need to stress him Tongue

Edit: What would you do when you had won the price? I would pay my tuition fee and the rest would go to the others Smiley

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:13:45 PM

That wasn't my intention... I am sorry if it seemed that way.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:19:06 PM

Well that was fun, well done to everyone that solved stuff and of course congrats to the winner!
Although I didn't really solve anything, I was very close at the end and learnt a lot - I'll be looking out for more puzzles like this (might even make one myself, gonna need to find something else to do with my spare time now anyway  Grin)

Thanks for a devilish puzzle OP!
ooxtcoo

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:37:14 PM

Well that was fun, well done to everyone that solved stuff and of course congrats to the winner!
Although I didn't really solve anything, I was very close at the end and learnt a lot - I'll be looking out for more puzzles like this (might even make one myself, gonna need to find something else to do with my spare time now anyway  Grin)

Thanks for a devilish puzzle OP!

someone how is good in doing puzzles, some empty wallet and everyone how whant to play pay
to that wallet, at the end "the winner(s) takes it all" Wink
ooxtcoo

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:42:12 PM

Edit: What would you do when you had won the price? I would pay my tuition fee and the rest would go to the others Smiley

maybe i would have taken the half and put the other half in a new wallet, giving the private key in pices to all other players (everyone gets another pice of the pkey)... and let them solve and share it by them selfes Wink

...and the show goes on one extra round Wink
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:24:32 PM

Congratulations to  Gatekeeper   Grin Grin
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

Can someone tell me the thread page of the the clue right before this got solved? This thread progresses way too fast, and I do check up on it but I don't fully read all 114 pages.

Timmmaahh

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:32:42 PM

from OP

the prize awaits you
the final palindrome is key
once small is now tall

so change lowercase to uppercase?
only palindrome i can think of is WOW , is there any others?

There you go haploid23

Page: 107

arg-sidekick

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:37:18 PM

Arg and myself would have split the coins. 1.75BTC each. My load would have gone into a new graphics card and the leftovers (considering it's not that much anyway) would have been split between a few of the solves. Without them, I'd have probably been many days behind. I'm interested in hearing what everyone else would do with the BTC.
ooxtcoo

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

Arg and myself would have split the coins. 1.75BTC each. My load would have gone into a new graphics card and the leftovers (considering it's not that much anyway) would have been split between a few of the solves. Without them, I'd have probably been many days behind. I'm interested in hearing what everyone else would do with the BTC.

what card you whant?
i have about 20 hd5970, hd5870, hd5850.. older cards now, but still very powerfull beasts!

we use it for our nokia sl3 servers, but if we get the system working with our fpga cards,
we shut down all servers.

i would also exchange cards against coding fpga to do the job.
because i cant get sha1 working with the ztex boards... what i need..

so nokia uses sha1 with salt (0000-9999)

pirsquared

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:53:14 PM

How do you know Gatekeeper isn't going to share the winnings with those who contributed to solving the puzzle? Instead of bashing him, why don't you post your addresses and see what happens....
Because he shouldn't have attempted to win this, he has 1510btc, in one address(which is bad), and he claimed ANOTHER prize. I say somebody else should have gotten this, I mean the dude has almost a million $ from BTC, yet he also got 3.5btc more

I've watched this with fascination. However, I do not think having money makes someone "bad". Solving a puzzle that is open to everyone is not "bad". I fail to see the logic. Once an individual reaches a certain level of wealth, should they quit trying to acquire wealth? It's not like the winner used child or slave labor to solve the puzzle - that would be bad. Your definition of "bad" is flawed.

If you HODL store it CODL!
pirsquared

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:04:53 PM

Now that this is over I wanted to remind people that there's a treasure hunt at mathgate.info:
http://mathgate.info/treasurehunt.php
There are a lot of treasures ranging from 1 mbit to 1 bitcoin, so it's less winner-take-all.

I know a lot of people worked very hard on this puzzle and are disappointed that they didn't get the treasure, or even part of it. I thought of a way to alleviate this a little while also helping me out with a little market research as well.

It's clear to me from this monster thread that the idea of a treasure hunt that leads to a bitcoin private key can be a popular idea. This is also what's happening at mathgate.info, but the "search" simply involves finding a certain formal mathematical proof. I'm happy for the OP that her treasure hunt went so well, but I'm wondering why there's not more action in the mathgate.info treasure hunt. It seems to me that you are the people to ask.

I have 0.4 bitcoins to give away. The first 4 users who have at least 3 posts in this thread will get 0.1 bitcoins if you post a reason that you are not taking part in the mathgate.info treasure hunt. (If you are taking part in the mathgate.info treasure hunt, then you've probably already found 0.1 bitcoins there anyway.) I'll skip responses that are clearly intended as jokes. It's the first 4 users with reasonable responses that will get 0.1 bitcoins each.

I find the website in general isn't that well designed. It's difficult on my eyes to properly read the large amount of text displayed without them feeling strained due to how everything is formatted. Having yellow as a background doesn't help either. Navigating it properly as well isn't that easy either Sad.

It is well enough designed considering they do not collect IPs or use cookies. It reminds me of web 1.01 sites from the 90's. I'm sure they could do better, but math guys aren't typically into aesthetics so long as the result and process are correct.

If you HODL store it CODL!
ytcoinartist (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

I want to take a moment to say thank you to all the players: to those who showed support - your words resonated deep and carried me through the game, to those who gave criticism when criticism was due - I listened closely and took note, and finally to everyone who contributed their time, creativity, and efforts - I am in awe of your talents and skills. I leave this experience humbled by a wonderful and dynamic community.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:00:49 PM

I want to take a moment to say thank you to all the players: to those who showed support - your words resonated deep and carried me through the game, to those who gave criticism when criticism was due - I listened closely and took note, and finally to everyone who contributed their time, creativity, and efforts - I am in awe of your talents and skills. I leave this experience humbled by a wonderful and dynamic community.
Thank you for this amazing, but fucking hard puzzle. It was a fun ride and I think every single one of us learned something because of it.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Timmmaahh

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:03:40 PM

Thank you for this amazing, but fucking hard puzzle. It was a fun ride and I think every single one of us learned something because of it.

I totally agree with you, it was fun and awesome ride Cheesy. And i learned a lot (Hiding files within a file which is hiddin in another file ...... WTF Cheesy)

ooxtcoo

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:25:28 PM

yes, was a great game, thank you for that!

any plan for the next one?  Wink

btw. please tell me: what was the "xmp" data which we plottet out?
something to confuse us, some mistake and shouldnt be in that file or something else? (i realy like to know)
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:33:06 PM

lhZhpnnbrwm
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: