Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:44:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ARG Puzzle with 3.5 BTC Private Key Prize, Game Over  (Read 99434 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:54:27 PM

very nice to see that this puzzle got solved i never did attempt to solve it nor to check what it was all about. Did someone just have to find address or what was the point of the game?

the address was easy, the hard part was to get the private key. If you want you can read my summary, it might give you an idea how the two week hunt was.

https://mega.co.nz/#!8tITXZRQ!4wDTy5j-
MgzeDFt_N81ieTwGLvm0eN5GZtVpCrB2NE4

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
judie.f

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:02:46 PM

very nice to see that this puzzle got solved i never did attempt to solve it nor to check what it was all about. Did someone just have to find address or what was the point of the game?

the address was easy, the hard part was to get the private key. If you want you can read my summary, it might give you an idea how the two week hunt was.

Read his summary. then study the real stuff.

shorena has not provided not one single clue nor solve.

Yet apparently he now claims to have the answers when he has not provided any answers posed to him......

shorena, please do answer the questions presented upon you.....

The most important is: what is your take in this?

rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:25:02 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 07:37:19 PM by rgm108

Read his summary. then study the real stuff.

shorena has not provided not one single clue nor solve.

Yet apparently he now claims to have the answers when he has not provided any answers posed to him......

shorena, please do answer the questions presented upon you.....

The most important is: what is your take in this?

I think it's time you get off this forum....

Shorena did not solve any part of the puzzle, true. She was a major asset throughout the journey and afterwards. I did not solve any part of the puzzle and I was part of it from the start.

The puzzle was created along with rules judged fair by the creator.
Said creator also funded the majority of the prize.

Now if someone is willing to give away anything of value, in this case bitcoin, they are more than welcome to decide the rules and outcome thereof.

PS. Your 'victim' started complaining of problems during the puzzle phase. If he/she/it/you? was hacked, it did not come from this thread.
I took the time to scan every file & link since I concern myself with such things.

Final word:
STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU DID NOT GET THE COINS S4VV4S. I personally think you and judie.f are the same person/related/friends/whatever.
EDIT: Do you even understand how private keys & public keys work? I have my doubts reading some of you other posts.

pps. I had a thought what I would have done being the winner but the final part of Shorena's PDF does make me questions myself from time to time....  Wink

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:10:29 PM

Also, everyone is refering to the Gatekeepers solutions (which was basically brute forcing) yet nobody provided the script that has done so....

This is not true, here's my old post with the explanation and the solution code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661781.msg7709378#msg7709378

Just compile and run the code quoted in that message and you'll get the private key we all searched for.

The more you troll about all this it looks like to me you haven't understood what exactly is at the heart of the solution, and yet you feel free to judge if anyone's contribution was, or was not, more valuable than yours. I don't want to be part of it any more, so will not answer to your writings on this topic any more. Good luck to you in the future.
Krona Rev

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:22:37 PM

Wow. I didn't expect so much drama when I decided to catch up on this thread.

I'll bet those mathgate.info people are glad their treasure hunt sucks. Having a successful treasure hunt looks like it just invites problems.

Promechard: Proprietary Metablock Chains for Arbitrary Data: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411974.0
judie.f

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:50:47 PM

Also, everyone is refering to the Gatekeepers solutions (which was basically brute forcing) yet nobody provided the script that has done so....

This is not true, here's my old post with the explanation and the solution code:

Just compile and run the code quoted in that message and you'll get the private key we all searched for.

The more you troll about all this it looks like to me you haven't understood what exactly is at the heart of the solution, and yet you feel free to judge if anyone's contribution was, or was not, more valuable than yours. I don't want to be part of it any more, so will not answer to your writings on this topic any more. Good luck to you in the future.

Tell us everykind of code guy, why is it that you think that i am a troll when you, your self found that user S4VV4S's version is more suitable?
i am guessing because he is a troll right?
btw, why a troll?
he only provided evidence so how do you justify the troll part?
Also why did you get 0.1 bitcoins while you have no clue of what this is about?

so basically just brute force (your words not mine) to get the private key?

also can you please fucking provide the actual script?

The more you troll about all this it looks like to me you haven't understood what exactly is at the heart of the solution

Do tell us what is the heart of the solution....
if not what user S4VV4S uncovered....

and yet you feel free to judge if anyone's contribution was, or was not, more valuable than yours.

lets be honest here, what have you done?

I don't want to be part of it any more, so will not answer to your writings on this topic any more. Good luck to you in the future.

do you honestly think that your participacion means anything?
Sorry, please do point out our finds.....
judie.f

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

erm, you are looking at the mirror arent you?

Shorena did not solve any part of the puzzle, true

shorena has done absolutely nothing other that poin this thread....

She was a major asset throughout the journey and afterwards.
he is a he not a she....

what is fair to you?
fucking you up just so i want to make a name for myself?

STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU DID NOT GET THE COINS S4VV4S.

does the guy that proved to be the best of you and has provided valid evidence needs to feel sorry?

You are sad... very sad.....

Do you even understand how private keys & public keys work?

do you?

rgm108

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:33:40 PM

he is a he not a she....

what is fair to you?

does the guy that proved to be the best of you and has provided valid evidence needs to feel sorry?

do you?

lol  Tongue
*clicks ignore button

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
judie.f

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:28:47 PM

he is a he not a she....

what is fair to you?

do you?

lol  Tongue
*clicks ignore button

OMG you have no idea how funny you are not.....

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:53:36 AM

When is the next one damn it!!

kisrap

Activity: 126

A FIDUS ACHATE, STAYS LOST IN FLIGHT

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:47:43 PM

how do you play the game?

doggieTattoo

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:21:30 PM

Avoiding the drama, I think it is good to "warn" people that come to this thread and play the next one, to be careful that some activities the ARG requests, _might_ lead to a hack.

What are you talking about? What hack? Please stop spreading the FUD.
you could prevent this simply by using a different computer to solve the problem then what is used to store your bitcoin

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

how do you play the game?

read this thread from page 2 and you'll watch how everyone played the game.
judie.f

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:13:07 AM

When is the next one damn it!!

Do you honestly expect a next one (from the same person)?

Also, can the person who brute forced the private key, provide us with the script that has done so and a step by step guide on how we can do it too?
You have been asked that many times before.

They seem to have disappeared and not answer any questions posed to them when they were asked to do so.
Why is that?

LtPaxIV

Activity: 400

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:23:51 PM

where is written someone bruteforced the key?
alphabetacanary

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:16:48 AM

Also, can the person who brute forced the private key, provide us with the script that has done so and a step by step guide on how we can do it too?

I was the first to post an algorithm after which the 'bruteforcing' can be applied (see posting 2093 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661781.msg7704707#msg7704707)

(Many others were stuck at the same step privately.)

The next step was to iterate over every position in input string (z69JZqlJn862D1ndx7oLVEMmVOlP1zewEeUCrsI7Roahzpeny7P) and, if the character was a lowercase character, change lower case to upper case and run the algorithm again. Then if the corresponding public key matched, you found the answer. (This happens when you turn the 'w' into 'W')

I would not classify this as 'bruteforce', actually, since the problem space is so tiny. Even if you iterated over every position and rotated through all 128 printable ascii chars, it can still be done in a matter of milliseconds (provided you had a quick way to generate the public address from the private key, which I did).

My initial reaction was that it was a mistake.  But now that I thought about it, I think it was intentional.  It was just one more barrier.

My beef was that there was no _reason_ to attempt this type of mutation until the OP gave the final clue 'what was once tall is now small'. But in retrospect, it was not that much of a leap to try that. I tried so many other dumb approaches.
judie.f

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:11:58 AM

I was the first to post an algorithm after which the 'bruteforcing' can be applied (see posting 2093 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661781.msg7704707#msg7704707)

(Many others were stuck at the same step privately.)

The next step was to iterate over every position in input string (z69JZqlJn862D1ndx7oLVEMmVOlP1zewEeUCrsI7Roahzpeny7P) and, if the character was a lowercase character, change lower case to upper case and run the algorithm again. Then if the corresponding public key matched, you found the answer. (This happens when you turn the 'w' into 'W')

I would not classify this as 'bruteforce', actually, since the problem space is so tiny. Even if you iterated over every position and rotated through all 128 printable ascii chars, it can still be done in a matter of milliseconds (provided you had a quick way to generate the public address from the private key, which I did).

My initial reaction was that it was a mistake.  But now that I thought about it, I think it was intentional.  It was just one more barrier.

My beef was that there was no _reason_ to attempt this type of mutation until the OP gave the final clue 'what was once tall is now small'. But in retrospect, it was not that much of a leap to try that. I tried so many other dumb approaches.

Indeed you did, and apparently the Gatekeeper used your script.
That being said, have you seen ANY kind of clues (other than the OP updates) coming from the Gatekeeper along the way?

Also, after reading this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683366.0
what makes more sense to you?

That the game creators made a mistake and had you blindly trying to brute force the private key?
(and also had you in the dark for days when they said NO MORE CLUES)

OR

There is a perfect version of the game outlined here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683366.0

Btw what does the marked area in the Wow.jpg mean if not what was presented on the link above?
Also, what does 0=0A=10BABYA=36WOW mean?
(Regardless of the fact that it has been stripped after someone cracked their riddle).

It simply does not make sense that the game creators made a mistake yet there is a perfect version of the game which uses ALL the clues provided by the game creators.
Does it?

alphabetacanary

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:15:39 AM

0=0A=10BABYA=36WOW describes the alphabet the wow 51 character string was in : 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

You needed to know this to figure out what the index of each character was in order to make the shifting work.

Was there an alternate (more correct) path to the key? Maybe.  Someone did notice some files were uploaded after the puzzle started and that was suspicious.  So, perhaps you're right.  The path we took was layed out for us after a mistake was noticed.   Dunno.
judie.f

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:46:18 AM

0=0A=10BABYA=36WOW describes the alphabet the wow 51 character string was in : 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

You needed to know this to figure out what the index of each character was in order to make the shifting work.

Was there an alternate (more correct) path to the key? Maybe.  Someone did notice some files were uploaded after the puzzle started and that was suspicious.  So, perhaps you're right.  The path we took was layed out for us after a mistake was noticed.   Dunno.

excuse me? say what?
are you on drugs?
NO IT DOESNT
anything can be in that string simply because it has all the alphabet characters.
you didnt answer the question, you just avoided it.

Yes there is a REAL version.
Once again you can find it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683366.0

PS: also, why is there a GATEway for darkwallet and a GATEkeeper just happens to have won?
hint hint, more to come soon....

PPS: i know you are reading this, so get this clear. you started something that you shouldnnt have.
you never intented to give the prize to this people. this was just for advertising yourself.
and guess what? spain is no longer good enough Wink
and you are wanted back home arent you?

judie.f

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:17:09 AM

btw, did anyone notice that there is a bug in dark wallet which allows anyone to gain full control of the darkwallet gateway?

have fun and play fair Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: