Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Unmoderated General Discussions.  (Read 492707 times)
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:58:35 AM

welcome to Australia $20-$25 average
Hah yeah I figured it was something along those lines. Too bad man. North American average is definitely between 8-12.
In Australia it's illegal, that's why such high price, if Candy will be selling 17$ per 1g or 1cann, market price for 1 cann should be stable between 8-12 usd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paytplay

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:58:25 PM

I am so impressed with cann. Of course there have been others like this and tried, but most tried to capitalize on a product , not a service. I really think this might be a great adventure for the community , the buyers and sellers and of course the recipients of discounted medical products with the Cann brand or services. If the dev makes a quality product for people that use or need it, who know where this could go.
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:03:44 PM

hi everyone, my first post here but ive been on CANN since it wasnt long out and boy its growing faster than weed itself lol.
if this 1g to 1 CANN will happen in the future i think now is the best time to invest some of your btc in CANN, why not? just think of all them shitcoins you have bought and lost btc's, with CANN your investment will only grow, literally lol.
last few words,
people bought btc for pennies maybe 4 years ago, now fast forward a few years from now and where will CANN be??? this is goin to be interesting  Cool
blakeaholics

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:50:22 PM

welcome to Australia $20-$25 average
Hah yeah I figured it was something along those lines. Too bad man. North American average is definitely between 8-12.
In Australia it's illegal, that's why such high price, if Candy will be selling 17$ per 1g or 1cann, market price for 1 cann should be stable between 8-12 usd

Still illegal here mostly too but its just so easy to grow in BC so its cheap. I'd be OK with seeing it at $12/g for cann
davisgreen

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

Hello

I see many people here talking about 1cann=1g . (8-12$)

I am just trying to put my head around this.

So right now there are around 75 million cann and there will be a maximum of 240 million in a total of 8.5 year.

So according to the above mentioned peg- you can exchange 1 cann for certain strain of cannabis worth 8-12 $

In this case the total market cap for 75 million cann is around 750 million USD !!

Isn't it way too unrealistic for a currency which is for a niche and has a very specific use (considering it gets adopted far and wide within in the industry)

I will wait for some one to shed some light.

May be cann needs some good economics help to get the peg right.

In any case best of luck to the devs and the cann community.

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

Hello

So right now there are around 75 million cann and there will be a maximum of 240 million in a total of 8.5 year.

So according to the above mentioned peg- you can exchange 1 cann for certain strain of cannabis worth 8-12 $

In this case the total market cap for 75 million cann is around 750 million USD !!

Isn't it way too unrealistic for a currency which is for a niche and has a very specific use (considering it gets adopted far and wide within in the industry)

Why couldn't it be true? It's a currency that could solve alot of problems in this fresh and rocket-fast growing industry.
Also anyone could accept cann as it's still a cryptocurrency that could be used for anything if your need is to cash out in $. Also cannabis is starting to be used recreation drug in few states in "legal" shops already.
And look on statistics how many people smoke weed Wink
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:19:38 PM

Litecoin went from a $500 million market cap to over a $1 billion market cap in just a matter of a week or two and it was backed on nothing but hype. Anything in crypto is possible.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:59:34 PM

Hello

Why couldn't it be true? It's a currency that could solve alot of problems in this fresh and rocket-fast growing industry.
Also anyone could accept cann as it's still a cryptocurrency that could be used for anything if your need is to cash out in $. Also cannabis is starting to be used recreation drug in few states in "legal" shops already.
And look on statistics how many people smoke weed Wink

not sure if I understood correctly, but $750m market cap would be unrealistic for any coin right now except Bitcoin http://coinmarketcap.com/
coinpirate

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:39:28 PM

I would love to hear the thoughts of the dev with regards to the question of whether it is feasible to have 1 cann equal 1 gram at $17 with such a large number of coins.

I'm sure they are discussing this very topic behind the scenes and I would love to hear their latest thinking on this issue.....

Love this coin!!!  Smiley
CannabisCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Official CannabisCoin Team [CANN]

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:16:40 PM

Cannabis is LIMITLESS!

The same goes for CannabisCoin's future.

~DeltaNine

Cannabis Coin Team - Community run, NOT Company run!
The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
AlfaONE

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:00:12 PM

Cannabis is LIMITLESS!

~DeltaNine

Questions:    I have asked this several times:   what is the CANN peg to.  This is a very serious question that needs answers to.    there is no point buying CANN if you peg it to 1,000 CANN to = 1g  Huh

An indication must be given as what you are trying to achieve with CANN.   Please answer the question.

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:04:43 PM

Announcements & Latest Developments

First of all, Areds post was dead on.  To those who have not read it, here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661885.msg8423852#msg8423852 READ IT!  I cannot comment on it further other than it being perfectly said.

I am starting to see a lot of responses from the community and seeing the same names pop up contributing to the growth and success of CannabisCoin.  Amazing Community!

Collaboration and contribution is how WE make things happen.  We team together and everyone will contribute to the vision, movement, and the future of CannabisCoin as a whole.

Pegging

1 CANN = 1 GRAM of Medical Marijuana
vs
10 CANN = 1 GRAM of Medical Marijuana

I would like to let the community know that the "Peg" will be officially announced before or by Sept. 1st, pending further discussion with "first gen" growers.  Could be any day.

Growers

We have secured two supplemental growers with their own grow facilities and specialty medical marijuana strains!

Some points were brought up during face to face discussions this past weekend.

- For faster adoption, they (growers) would like to participate in the movement and provide their current crops/strains that they have already 'specialized' in and ADD it to the CANNdy Inventory.

This would provide a few beneficial facts that we have agreed on.  

1) it would speed things up, they would not have to wait for CannabisCoin specific "Canndy" clones or seeds to mature to add to harvest.
2) No immediate transporting or distribution of the CannabisCoin specific "Canndy" strains on large scale, but rather gradual distribution while other strains can be slated for CANN "peg" prices.
3) it would also create a sub menu and variety of discounted meds for patients to choose from.  For example, adding another jar with "CANNdy" Main Label and then sub-labeled "L.A. Diesel Strain" etc. for that store.
4) Quicker adoption from other Dispensaries/Growers/Merchants
5) We could have "Canndy" meds on the shelves almost immediately!

QT Wallet Updates

We will be releasing soon, a wallet update to patch a couple of small issues (non noticeable issues), update the halving schedule, and implement the windows installer again for ease of use.

Mobile Web / HTML5 / QR Capable wallet

Currently active project, looking at possible issues, building API, transaction handling, etc.
We have a well-known dev in the community working on it.

More updates coming!

Lately, I have been busting balls, covered in cannabis resin from head to toe, endured Arizona monsoons, and many sleepless nights working to help make
CannabisCoin a reality.  It does not go without saying, that with the help and encouragement of the community, we CANN!  YES WE CANN!!!

~DeltaNine
let's keep going!

They gave us a answer...
AlfaONE

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:18:55 PM

First of all, Areds post was dead on.  To those who have not read it, here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661885.msg8423852#msg8423852 READ IT!  I cannot comment on it further other than it being perfectly said.

I am starting to see a lot of responses from the community and seeing the same names pop up contributing to the growth and success of CannabisCoin.  Amazing Community!

Collaboration and contribution is how WE make things happen.  We team together and everyone will contribute to the vision, movement, and the future of CannabisCoin as a whole.

Pegging

vs

I would like to let the community know that the "Peg" will be officially announced before or by Sept. 1st, pending further discussion with "first gen" growers.  Could be any day.

Growers

We have secured two supplemental growers with their own grow facilities and specialty medical marijuana strains!

- For faster adoption, they (growers) would like to participate in the movement and provide their current crops/strains that they have already 'specialized' in and ADD it to the CANNdy Inventory.

1) it would speed things up, they would not have to wait for CannabisCoin specific "Canndy" clones or seeds to mature to add to harvest.
2) No immediate transporting or distribution of the CannabisCoin specific "Canndy" strains on large scale, but rather gradual distribution while other strains can be slated for CANN "peg" prices.
3) it would also create a sub menu and variety of discounted meds for patients to choose from.  For example, adding another jar with "CANNdy" Main Label and then sub-labeled "L.A. Diesel Strain" etc. for that store.

QT Wallet Updates

We will be releasing soon, a wallet update to patch a couple of small issues (non noticeable issues), update the halving schedule, and implement the windows installer again for ease of use.

Currently active project, looking at possible issues, building API, transaction handling, etc.

More updates coming!

Lately, I have been busting balls, covered in cannabis resin from head to toe, endured Arizona monsoons, and many sleepless nights working to help make
CannabisCoin a reality.  It does not go without saying, that with the help and encouragement of the community, we CANN!  YES WE CANN!!!

~DeltaNine
let's keep going!

They gave us a answer...

Great thanks

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:25:50 PM

Cannabis is LIMITLESS!

~DeltaNine

Questions:    I have asked this several times:   what is the CANN peg to.  This is a very serious question that needs answers to.    there is no point buying CANN if you peg it to 1,000 CANN to = 1g  Huh

An indication must be given as what you are trying to achieve with CANN.   Please answer the question.

You have asked this question, and the devs have stated repeatedly that they will announce the peg value by Sept 1st. It was mentioned that the peg would either be 1 CANN = 1 gram or 10 CANN = 1 gram.

Even if they pegged it at 1000 CANN = 1 Gram. That still makes the coin worth around $0.017 hardly a "no point in buying" coin at current pricing.

My concerns are the fact that there is 75 Million? coins in circulation at this point in time. Hell I bought 230K of these in June when prices were %10 of what they are now. If they pegged 1 CANN to 1 Gram....I would be set in medicinal grade cannabis for a LONG time and very comfortable at 10 CANN per gram. How could that happen? Anything can happen in crypto currency systems.

I dont live in AZ, CO or a recreational state...I live in FL where we have it on the ballot in Nov for medicinal use. GO CANN!

DELETED
chrisnippz

Activity: 212

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:30:05 PM

Pegging

vs

Growers

QT Wallet Updates

More updates coming!

~DeltaNine
let's keep going!

They gave us a answer...

Great thanks

Awesome news guys! Keep it up Smiley
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:01:21 AM

I thought I would share this link in for any other kiwis reading this thread... http://www.safer.org.nz/

This website makes it quick & easy to send emails to NZ Politicians asking "for your assistance in reforming our outdated cannabis laws".
With NZ elections coming up, now is the time to make your voice heard.
rayaodi

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:11:15 AM

just hold on your coins ...
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:27:33 AM

I actually could see 1 cann per gram now that I think about it. It's going to be accepted for everything in the store from food to clothes to everything else they sell. So you go in, get your herb, maybe a cookie or two, pick up a few shirts and a hat, and a fridge magnet. I could see the need for market cap approaching the billion mark.

©ryptomine®

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:28:42 AM

I've already shared my thoughts on the price pegging and agree with the 1:1 ratio. I also think it's something that has to be done for stability as Ared's post noted.

What I wanted to add is that most people keep talking about Arizona, Colorado, Washington, and now potentially Florida. The fact is, nearly half of the states already have medicinal laws in place, some a little looser than others, but the acceptance is growing fast. And this doesn't factor in anything international.

When you start thinking outside of a few states and then outside of a single country, you soon see that a 1:1 peg isn't out of the question at all and 420 million coins becomes quite rare in that big picture. CANN is young and breaking into an industry that has no nowhere to go but up, and we're all in for a helluva ride thanks to D9 and his team.

For more info on MMJ and other state laws, check out http://norml.org/states .
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:00:04 AM

I really recomomend everybody to listen and watch this classic video, as an inspiration and driver for the whole CANN community!

Afroman - Because I Got High

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: