Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28282 times)
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:53:33 AM

Supply stays more or less the same no matter who has control of the hash power or how many hashes they throw at it. That is the whole purpose of adjusting difficulty. To debate this point is dumb, just go look at the block frequency chart: http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_60_month_charts.html

When I say supply, I mean on the exchanges...which portion of the supply is being used to define the price/market for the coin. That is in constant flux, but the constant selling pressure that has been exerted on Litecoin in the last 3-4 months has been unprecedented.

You don't like me making inferences, so why are you allowed to make them? Do you know these large miners personally? How can you be sure it is them that are selling Litecoins and not someone that already owned Litecoins who has recently changed their mind about it?

Because I watch the addresses that are public and the market behavior on a daily basis. All but one of the five largest solo miners have dumped the majority of what they've mined to their wallet addresses. When you look at the launch of the Innosilicon devices, the week after they started deploying in China saw a VERY clear start of the strong extended downtrend we're in. It's like there's a bright flashing neon arrow pointing at that date on Bitcoinwisdom.

That is not true. Litecoin is at about a $252 million market cap right now.. I wouldn't exactly say that's "a whole hell of a lot less money" compared to Bitcoin's Feb 2013 market cap of $228 million. Look at February 2013 forward: http://www.quandl.com/BCHAIN/MKTCP-Bitcoin-Market-Capitalization

I'm referring to Bitcoin's market cap at the time it experienced the ASIC transition, relative to today. But there were FAR, far fewer eyes on Bitcoin at that time than are currently on both it and Litecoin, right now. That and the media have a much greater sway over sentiment than existed when the Bitcoin community was relatively small and very few news outlets reported on it. The entire landscape has changed since then. So the conditions that prevail around Litecoin right now are unlike what Bitcoin had to go through...and it's still holding up, even with a whale dumping his load all over the market, tonight. That's my point...it is going to take a LOT to kill Litecoin off. The market is dealing with some real stiff challenges at the moment and it has resisted a crash.

Things are going to look a lot different by the end of 2014. Time will tell, whose prediction was right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
organizer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:35:47 AM

I've posted in other threads that as BTC continues to make the transition from "underground" to "mainstream" (more adoption every day, more wall st. types involved every day, etc.) there is going to be a void. With more acceptance will come more scrutiny & regulation. People who (have) used BTC to buy pot, buy guns, send money across the globe for whatever reason will (at some point) shy away from BTC due to the above.

There needs to be a legit alternative to BTC that is viable. Will it be LTC? My guess is likely not. I just don't see a whole lot from the LTC community in terms of evolution and innovation of the coin.

Which coin is it? No idea, but there are only a handful (if that) that could emerge that are bringing either actual innovation to the table or have a legit community behind it (not going to name names)... but I don't think it will be an IPO coin or a POS coin that proves to be viable long-term.

liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:21:46 AM

Ltc is at least definitely gonna spike with the coming spike in btc.
Stench

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:42:11 PM

And those "obvious" reasons are what? Huh

I believe this has everything to do with sentiment, that is how prices of crypto currencies are established, supply and demand. The demand has gone down over the past 6 months and you can't deny it as the supply stays the same.. that is the point of difficulty.

Supply hasn't stayed the same (supply released into circulation). You currently have over 30% of the entire network hashrate accounted for by just FIVE wallet addresses (solo miners). Over on Coinotron there are two miners with over 6 GH/s in hashrate each, and the next two on the list each have over 3 GH/s.

That has concentrated an abnormally gigantic amount of the block rewards into a very few hands and they are all making a mad dash toward ROI, before the even larger hardware starts shipping this month and next, reducing their percentage of the network to a fraction of what it is today.

But it is an abnormal condition for so few miners to have so much of the new coin production...and it won't remain the case as the network is taken over by ASICs and the hashrate redistributes to something approximating normal. The only other coin to have ever gone through this transition is Bitcoin...and it did it at a time when there were a LOT fewer eyes on it and a whole hell of a lot less money involved.

Realistically, no other coin in existence could hold up under these conditions...but Litecoin has not failed. It has lost some ground in price denominated in dollars, but not nearly as much as one would expect, considering the rampant dumping.

whooh wait a minute i didn't know that , maybe i will have to review that previous statement. that is an appalling concentration, say what you want about Quark pools but with SOLO miners,  what?

I couldn't agree more.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:44:06 PM

BTC will continue to be adopted by business/investors/consumers and LTC will not unfortunately. Satoshi's don't allow LTC to be a silver currency. LTC offers nothing new, and the speculation buying is over, you will see some small spikes, but it will indeed die.  I like Charlie Lee, a great guy and appreciate what he's done for Crypto.

Quark, it's already replaced by a new wave of shit alts and will never rise again, it will die a lot faster than LTC along with many other.

Usability rules all, look at Doge and Aurora, even with spectacular marketing, it's going down the toilet.  Big money investors and business always look at usability first.

Nothing will replace BTC as Crypto Gold, POW.  You will see other Crypto's being adopted in different verticals; POS, storage, smart contracts, etc...  But again there will be only one to rule each vertical.  Right now I see Nxt as the POS king.  I see Ethereum as the Smart Contract/Script king.  I predict Sia as the Storage king (not maidsafe), etc...  More verticals will be created and we will hopefully see more innovative Cryptos.  It's a crazy time, but very exciting.  

My advice for investors, ride the IPO wave for new alts, then sell and buy a king coin.

I don't buy Cryptos to sell them, I buy Cryptos to use them, I have never sold a Crypto for Fiat (believe it or not), so take my advice as a holder and not a day trader.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:09:48 PM

Supply stays more or less the same no matter who has control of the hash power or how many hashes they throw at it. That is the whole purpose of adjusting difficulty. To debate this point is dumb, just go look at the block frequency chart: http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_60_month_charts.html

When I say supply, I mean on the exchanges...which portion of the supply is being used to define the price/market for the coin. That is in constant flux, but the constant selling pressure that has been exerted on Litecoin in the last 3-4 months has been unprecedented.

Alright, I get what you are saying now and I agree this has affected Litecoin's price. However, I don't see how this helps the argument of why Litecoin is a good investment. Your assumption that it will work itself out over time is just that, an assumption. An assumption that I personally don't agree with due to the reasons I stated earlier.

You don't like me making inferences, so why are you allowed to make them? Do you know these large miners personally? How can you be sure it is them that are selling Litecoins and not someone that already owned Litecoins who has recently changed their mind about it?

Because I watch the addresses that are public and the market behavior on a daily basis. All but one of the five largest solo miners have dumped the majority of what they've mined to their wallet addresses. When you look at the launch of the Innosilicon devices, the week after they started deploying in China saw a VERY clear start of the strong extended downtrend we're in. It's like there's a bright flashing neon arrow pointing at that date on Bitcoinwisdom.

I will take your word for that, but again I don't see how this helps the argument for Litecoin as to the big picture. I find it unlikely that it is not a combination of this and shifting market sentiment, as is evident from a lot of people posting their opinions and the market. You make it seem as if this is the only reason for the downtrend.. ASIC miners dumping.

That is not true. Litecoin is at about a $252 million market cap right now.. I wouldn't exactly say that's "a whole hell of a lot less money" compared to Bitcoin's Feb 2013 market cap of $228 million. Look at February 2013 forward: http://www.quandl.com/BCHAIN/MKTCP-Bitcoin-Market-Capitalization

I'm referring to Bitcoin's market cap at the time it experienced the ASIC transition, relative to today.

That doesn't make sense to me. If you're going to bring market cap into the debate about ASICs being a reason for the downtrend, then I feel like Bitcoin's market cap at the time ASICs were introduced (Feb. through August 2013) should be compared with Litecoin's market cap at the time ASICs were introduced (Dec. 2013 through today).

But there were FAR, far fewer eyes on Bitcoin at that time than are currently on both it and Litecoin, right now.

I still don't get how this helps your argument. There are more people around to buy Litecoins and Litecoin mining hardware, yet the price is going down and the network is becoming more centralized. How does this help make your point?

That and the media have a much greater sway over sentiment than existed when the Bitcoin community was relatively small and very few news outlets reported on it. The entire landscape has changed since then. So the conditions that prevail around Litecoin right now are unlike what Bitcoin had to go through...and it's still holding up, even with a whale dumping his load all over the market, tonight. That's my point...it is going to take a LOT to kill Litecoin off. The market is dealing with some real stiff challenges at the moment and it has resisted a crash.

I agree the media has some sway, and there are more reporters covering crypto currency today than a year ago. However, after a quick search there is only one or two articles stating Litecoin is stagnant or dying. I'm not so sure this is the reason either, there are way more people in the crypto currency community stating this than in the press.

Agreed the landscape has changed a lot sense then, it is why I've change my opinion on Litecoin.

As to your point of Litecoin not dying with the huge dump.. market sentiment won't change overnight unless something drastic were to happen. It will take time for market sentiment to shift, and it has been slowly shifting that way for 6 months now. I don't think Litecoin is "out of the woods" quite yet.

Things are going to look a lot different by the end of 2014. Time will tell, whose prediction was right.

Agreed
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:11:30 PM

BTC will continue to be adopted by business/investors/consumers and LTC will not unfortunately. Satoshi's don't allow LTC to be a silver currency. LTC offers nothing new, and the speculation buying is over, you will see some small spikes, but it will indeed die.  I like Charlie Lee, a great guy and appreciate what he's done for Crypto.

Quark, it's already replaced by a new wave of shit alts and will never rise again, it will die a lot faster than LTC along with many other.

Usability rules all, look at Doge and Aurora, even with spectacular marketing, it's going down the toilet.  Big money investors and business always look at usability first.

Nothing will replace BTC as Crypto Gold, POW.  You will see other Crypto's being adopted in different verticals; POS, storage, smart contracts, etc...  But again there will be only one to rule each vertical.  Right now I see Nxt as the POS king.  I see Ethereum as the Smart Contract/Script king.  I predict Sia as the Storage king (not maidsafe), etc...  More verticals will be created and we will hopefully see more innovative Cryptos.  It's a crazy time, but very exciting.  

My advice for investors, ride the IPO wave for new alts, then sell and buy a king coin.

I don't buy Cryptos to sell them, I buy Cryptos to use them, I have never sold a Crypto for Fiat (believe it or not), so take my advice as a holder and not a day trader.

I agree with your train of thought here.

Except that I feel it is possible that Bitcoin could be replaced as king at some point in time.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:39:22 PM

I believe this has everything to do with sentiment, that is how prices of crypto currencies are established, supply and demand. The demand has gone down over the past 6 months and you can't deny it as the supply stays the same.. that is the point of difficulty.

Supply hasn't stayed the same.

You currently have over 30% of the entire network hashrate accounted for by just FIVE wallet addresses (solo miners). Over on Coinotron there are two miners with over 6 GH/s in hashrate each, and the next two on the list each have over 3 GH/s.

What you mean to say is that the supply is more centralized towards big players with deep pockets and/or hardware manufacturers than it used to be. Wink

That has concentrated an abnormally gigantic amount of the block rewards into a very few hands and they are all making a mad dash toward ROI, before the even larger hardware starts shipping this month and next, reducing their percentage of the network to a fraction of what it is today.

But it is an abnormal condition for so few miners to have so much of the new coin production...and it won't remain the case as the network is taken over by ASICs and the hashrate redistributes to something approximating normal.
We'll agree to disagree on that one, ASICs brings centralization. Why would people buy mining equipment if it won't break even due to people with deep pockets and/or the mark up from mining hardware manufacturers? The idea that it's going to magically fix itself over time doesn't make sense to me. If it doesn't make sense to buy mining hardware (in terms of profit), then what is the point? There are very few people that mine just "to protect the network".

This isn't even as centralized as I am expecting Bitcoin/Litecoin to become. It will get much worse as old money, old money crypto, bankers, and VCs go full throttle on the mining landscape. Due to economies of scale, massive institutions with deep pockets can make a lot of mining hardware much cheaper than what the average miner can buy them for at retail prices.

The only other coin to have ever gone through this transition is Bitcoin...and it did it at a time when there were a LOT fewer eyes on it and a whole hell of a lot less money involved.

The arrival of Bitcoin ASICs also made it more centralized, but they did not see a similar dip in price. Go from February 2013 forward: http://www.quandl.com/BAVERAGE/USD-USD-BITCOIN-Weighted-Price

I agree that there are more people around now than in Feb. 2013, but I'm not sure how this makes a difference in the topic at hand. More people are around to buy Litecoin and Litecoin mining hardware, yet the price is falling and the network is becoming more centralized. How does that support your argument?

Realistically, no other coin in existence could hold up under these conditions...but Litecoin has not failed. It has lost some ground in price denominated in dollars, but not nearly as much as one would expect, considering the rampant dumping.
It has also lost some ground denominated in Bitcoins. You are also making an assumption that no other coin could hold up, as it hasn't happened yet so know one knows what would happen. Again you assume all the dumping is ASIC miners... I think I heard Smoothie himself say he didn't currently have a stake in Litecoin... this is another large assumption as well that it is only ASIC miners dumping. I think personally it is both ASIC miners dumping and market sentiment is shifting. I'd like to state again, Bitcoin's price didn't slip when their ASICs came out, why should Litecoin be given a free pass as to this being the reason for the price falling?

Supply doesn't stay the same. lol

If you are talking about a particular instant then yes it hasn't changed in the last minute or two.

Over time the supply changes.

The inflation of supply stays the same more or less and THAT is the reason for the difficulty adjustment. There is the correct statement.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:51:13 PM

I've posted in other threads that as BTC continues to make the transition from "underground" to "mainstream" (more adoption every day, more wall st. types involved every day, etc.) there is going to be a void. With more acceptance will come more scrutiny & regulation. People who (have) used BTC to buy pot, buy guns, send money across the globe for whatever reason will (at some point) shy away from BTC due to the above.

There needs to be a legit alternative to BTC that is viable. Will it be LTC? My guess is likely not. I just don't see a whole lot from the LTC community in terms of evolution and innovation of the coin.

Which coin is it? No idea, but there are only a handful (if that) that could emerge that are bringing either actual innovation to the table or have a legit community behind it (not going to name names)... but I don't think it will be an IPO coin or a POS coin that proves to be viable long-term.

This is like the most used reason on why LTC will not "succeed".

Since when does innovation = success and only then?

Ford was an innovator...but along came Toyota, Honda, Kia...etc. They weren't very innovative as they basically copied the idea and layout.

Now had Toyota or the others came up with the idea of the airplane ...now that is innovative. But it didn't require innovation to be successful.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:54:19 PM

You currently have over 30% of the entire network hashrate accounted for by just FIVE wallet addresses (solo miners). Over on Coinotron there are two miners with over 6 GH/s in hashrate each, and the next two on the list each have over 3 GH/s.

Supply stays more or less the same no matter who has control of the hash power or how many hashes they throw at it. That is the whole purpose of adjusting difficulty.To debate this point is dumb, just go look at the block frequency chart: http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_60_month_charts.html

What you mean to say is that the supply is more centralized towards big players with deep pockets and/or hardware manufacturers than it used to be. Wink

But it is an abnormal condition for so few miners to have so much of the new coin production...and it won't remain the case as the network is taken over by ASICs and the hashrate redistributes to something approximating normal.
We'll agree to disagree on that one, ASICs brings centralization. Why would people buy mining equipment if it won't break even due to people with deep pockets and/or the mark up from mining hardware manufacturers? The idea that it's going to magically fix itself over time doesn't make sense to me. If it doesn't make sense to buy mining hardware (in terms of profit), then what is the point? There are very few people that mine just "to protect the network".

This isn't even as centralized as I am expecting Bitcoin/Litecoin to become. It will get much worse as old money, old money crypto, bankers, and VCs go full throttle on the mining landscape. Due to economies of scale, massive institutions with deep pockets can make a lot of mining hardware much cheaper than what the average miner can buy them for at retail prices.

The only other coin to have ever gone through this transition is Bitcoin...and it did it at a time when there were a LOT fewer eyes on it and a whole hell of a lot less money involved.

The arrival of Bitcoin ASICs also made it more centralized, but they did not see a similar dip in price. Go from February 2013 forward: http://www.quandl.com/BAVERAGE/USD-USD-BITCOIN-Weighted-Price

I agree that there are more people around now than in Feb. 2013, but I'm not sure how this makes a difference in the topic at hand. More people are around to buy Litecoin and Litecoin mining hardware, yet the price is falling and the network is becoming more centralized. How does that support your argument?

It has also lost some ground denominated in Bitcoins. You are also making an assumption that no other coin could hold up, as it hasn't happened yet so know one knows what would happen. Again you assume all the dumping is ASIC miners... I think I heard Smoothie himself say he didn't currently have a stake in Litecoin... this is another large assumption as well that it is only ASIC miners dumping. I think personally it is both ASIC miners dumping and market sentiment is shifting. I'd like to state again, Bitcoin's price didn't slip when their ASICs came out, why should Litecoin be given a free pass as to this being the reason for the price falling?

If you are talking about a particular instant then yes it hasn't changed in the last minute or two.

The inflation of supply stays the same more or less and THAT is the reason for the difficulty adjustment. There is the correct statement.

learn2read
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

Ford was an innovator...but along came Toyota, Honda, Kia...etc. They weren't very innovative as they basically copied the idea and layout.

Now had Toyota or the others came up with the idea of the airplane ...now that is innovative. But it didn't require innovation to be successful.

Toyota is successful today because they innovated, maybe you should learn about their history before calling them copy cats. They have a long history of innovating starting with the way cars are mass produced and built to today where they pioneered hybrid vehicles via the Prius.
Honda's history: http://www.toyota-global.com/company/history_of_toyota/
Honda's recent innovations: http://corporate.honda.com/innovation/

Honda got its start innovating the use of auxillary engines in motorcycles and is still today focused on innovation.
Honda's history: http://world.honda.com/history/limitlessdreams/encounter/index.html
Honda's current innovations: http://corporate.honda.com/innovation/

Although Kia didn't get its start innovating products per say, it was the first company in South Korea to make domestic bicycle, motorcycles, cars, and trucks. Today they definitely have a strong focus towards innovating and were innovative in the US market by making vehicles affordable, among other recent innovations.
Kia's history: http://www.kia.lk/corporate/innovation
Kia's current Innovations: http://www.kia.lk/corporate/innovation

Maybe you should research claims a little bit before you make them? It took me 5 minutes to look all this up...
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

Supply stays more or less the same no matter who has control of the hash power or how many hashes they throw at it. That is the whole purpose of adjusting difficulty.To debate this point is dumb, just go look at the block frequency chart: http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_60_month_charts.html

learn2read

learn2write

lol your statement bolding doesn't change your misconception of what supply is and how it relates to difficulty (in your writing).

Let's read what you wrote again for the kiddies:

"Supply stays more or less the same no matter who has control of the hash power or how many hashes they throw at it. That is the whole purpose of adjusting difficulty."

Supply doesn't stay more or less the same. The supply is always changing at each block. The difficulty has everything to do with controlling the inflation of supply and not just the supply as you so eloquently failed to do communicate correctly.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

Toyota is successful today because they innovated, maybe you should learn about their history before calling them copy cats. They have a long history of innovating starting with the way cars are mass produced and built to today where they pioneered hybrid vehicles via the Prius.

Honda got its start innovating the use of auxillary engines in motorcycles and is still today focused on innovation.
Honda's history: http://world.honda.com/history/limitlessdreams/encounter/index.html

Although Kia didn't get its start innovating products per say, it was the first company in South Korea to make domestic bicycle, motorcycles, cars, and trucks. Today they definitely have a strong focus towards innovating and were innovative in the US market by making vehicles affordable, among other recent innovations.

Maybe you should research claims a little bit before you make them? It took me 5 minutes to look all this up...

I never said they weren't innovative. I said they weren't very innovative as they did not invent something new. Obviously this is my opinion lol.

My point was innovation =/= success as so many including you appear to be claiming here.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:29:48 PM

learn2write

lol your statement bolding doesn't change your misconception of what supply is and how it relates to difficulty (in your writing).

"Supply stays more or less the same no matter who has control of the hash power or how many hashes they throw at it. That is the whole purpose of adjusting difficulty."

Supply doesn't stay more or less the same. The supply is always changing at each block. The difficulty has everything to do with controlling the inflation of supply and not just the supply as you so eloquently failed to do communicate correctly.

We are both saying the same thing in different words. All you can do is pick at my words to try to "prove me wrong." Yet, we are both saying the same thing in different words.  Roll Eyes

It does stay the same MORE OR LESS. It hasn't deviated from the mean much in its history. http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_60_month_charts.html

Do you not know what more or less means?
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:31:09 PM

I never said they weren't innovative. I said they weren't very innovative as they did not invent something new. Obviously this is my opinion lol.

My point was innovation =/= success as so many including you appear to be claiming here.

Nice backtracking there buddy. Seems like I'm not the only one that "gives themselves enough wiggle room to back out of their statements."  Roll Eyes

Sure, it's not the only reason for a company's success obviously. They could have a very innovative product, and be scammers at the same time, killing their chances of being successful. Being innovative certainly helps companies be successful though. To deny that is just you being dumb.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:34:47 PM

learn2write

We are both saying the same thing in different words. All you can do is pick at my words to try to "prove me wrong." Yet, we are both saying the same thing in different words.  Roll Eyes

It does stay the same MORE OR LESS. It hasn't deviated from the mean much in its history. http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_60_month_charts.html

LOL you even said "inflation stays the same".

Then went to say "more or less" without addressing that supply and inflation of supply are two different things.

You should probably get your wording correct as then people can't "pick" at your words so easily. lol  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:36:59 PM

Nice backtracking there buddy. Seems like I'm not the only one that "gives themselves enough wiggle room to back out of their statements."  Roll Eyes

Sure, it's not the only reason for a company's success obviously. They could have a very innovative product, and be scammers at the same time, killing their chances of being successful. Being innovative certainly helps companies be successful though. To deny that is just you being dumb.

My point I will say again is innovation =/= success 100% of the time.

You really sound butthurt lol.

Please tell the smart money how dumb they are (or "not smart") even though you are not in a position to be a judge of that based on your past failures.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:39:11 PM

learn2write

LOL you even said "inflation stays the same".

Then went to say "more or less" without addressing that supply and inflation of supply are two different things.

You should probably get your wording correct as then people can't "pick" at your words so easily. lol  Roll Eyes

I have never once mentioned inflation in this thread.

Inflation & supply, in the context that you and I are discussing them in, are the same thing. They both stay the same more or less.

You are focusing on technicalities of my words when anyone with half a brain would have been able to understand what I was saying.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:40:46 PM

Please tell the smart money how dumb they are (or "not smart") even though you are not in a position to be a judge of that based on your past failures.  Tongue

Still backtracking. This is what you sound like:

dumbanddumber-soyouthinkthere'sachancememe.jpg

Don't flatter yourself, you are not smart money Smoothie. You were simply in the right place at the right time. With every statement you make you highlight the fact that you are not smart money.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:41:42 PM

Please tell the smart money how dumb they are (or "not smart") even though you are not in a position to be a judge of that based on your past failures.  Tongue

Still backtracking. This is what you sound like:

lol You still sound butthurt.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: