Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:38:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28280 times)
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:37:32 AM

Maybe it's a stupid idea and too early to consider, but if Ltc should continue to decline and it arrives to a point without hope of recovery, it could be possible to breath new life into it by migrating the whole coin over the Nxt's Monetary System. Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896520.0

The coin could be "imported" over the MS, with the current balances of its users, this way:
1. A future block is agreed upon to serve as point of reference
2. A trusted member uses the MS to create a coin named Litecoin with a number of currency units equal to those existing at the time of the reference block
3. A website is setup where Litecoin users can register a token proving ownership of a Litecoin address and their Nxt address
4. Users receive a number of new Litecoin equal to those in their balance at the time of the reference block

Or this could be done setting up a burning address, and you receive an amount equal to those burned.

The advantages are mainly a way to revive a dying coin and the fact that if the hashrate drops the coin is still secured by Nxt network.

a dying litecoin, yet it has 20x more daily volume than NXT. you are a genius  Kiss
btw i bought my first millions of nxt when it was <$0.001.

litecoin is not dying. but you would not understand because your brain is pretty much dead already.
I would say that LTC and NXT are probably dying. They both have no real value. LTC is secured by nothing different then what bitcoin is secured by now that scrypt ASICs have been created for scrypt. NXT uses PoS which essentially makes it free to attack the network which will leave any investor of NXT vulnerable 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:47:04 PM

Litecoin is in use, but it is not clear - Litecoin will be more and more popular or not ?  Grin
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:54:13 PM

not dying just low price
swansong

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:17:09 PM

Maybe it's a stupid idea and too early to consider, but if Ltc should continue to decline and it arrives to a point without hope of recovery, it could be possible to breath new life into it by migrating the whole coin over the Nxt's Monetary System. Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896520.0

The coin could be "imported" over the MS, with the current balances of its users, this way:
1. A future block is agreed upon to serve as point of reference
2. A trusted member uses the MS to create a coin named Litecoin with a number of currency units equal to those existing at the time of the reference block
3. A website is setup where Litecoin users can register a token proving ownership of a Litecoin address and their Nxt address
4. Users receive a number of new Litecoin equal to those in their balance at the time of the reference block

Or this could be done setting up a burning address, and you receive an amount equal to those burned.

The advantages are mainly a way to revive a dying coin and the fact that if the hashrate drops the coin is still secured by Nxt network.

a dying litecoin, yet it has 20x more daily volume than NXT. you are a genius  Kiss
btw i bought my first millions of nxt when it was <$0.001.

litecoin is not dying. but you would not understand because your brain is pretty much dead already.
I would say that LTC and NXT are probably dying. They both have no real value. LTC is secured by nothing different then what bitcoin is secured by now that scrypt ASICs have been created for scrypt. NXT uses PoS which essentially makes it free to attack the network which will leave any investor of NXT vulnerable 

ltc is secured by nothing? you mean all the massive hashrate coming from the sky? ohh ok.. and dogecoin did not start merge mining with litecoin... mmkay.

they both have no real value? same said to bitcoin.
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:31:32 AM

ALL i see is litecoin have no reason keep alive. It will die at last.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:42:40 AM

ALL i see is litecoin have no reason keep alive. It will die at last.

there's plenty of reasons litcoin will survive.

irl i am a daytrader as such you quickly learn in order to be successful you must have no emotional attachment to anything in ur portfolio.

in the alt community too many get suckered into the latest crapcoin, then never let go (too emotionally attached to see reality) tis why they spread fud on the most successful alt.

fud all you like, I stick with litecoin because its the alt with the most backing, the most heavily traded and stood the test of time, so many crapcoins around now if any where any good they'd be lost in the mess anyway.

the more alts created the more litecoin will succeed.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:28:14 AM

Litecoin is dying, that's a sad graph.

I'm a long-term BitShares supporter, my hope is BTS will pass LTC with the release of 1.0 in the next 8 weeks.
Then as I don't consider Ripple a decentralised option that should put BitShares as next in line to Bitcoin assuming PayCoin is a flash in the pan.

That will leave POW very lonely in the top 10, that plus Bitcoin's general decline will make everyone suddenly realise Bitcoin is dead for these reasons https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907981.0 and then hopefully BitShares should pass Bitcoin within the year but maybe much faster than that if the penny drops. That's my hope as a BitShares fan anyway.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:04:34 PM

I'm a long-term BitShares supporter, my hope is BTS will pass LTC with the release of 1.0 in the next 8 weeks.
Then as I don't consider Ripple a decentralised option that should put BitShares as next in line to Bitcoin assuming PayCoin is a flash in the pan.

That will leave POW very lonely in the top 10, that plus Bitcoin's general decline will make everyone suddenly realise Bitcoin is dead for these reasons https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907981.0 and then hopefully BitShares should pass Bitcoin within the year but maybe much faster than that if the penny drops. That's my hope as a BitShares fan anyway.

wtf is bitshares? o another complicated crap coin nobody is going to use outside the crypto field, bitcoin is already hard enough to get. I say only Bitcoin and some projects/cryptos on top of it making bitcoin better. The rest is all shit, whether its litecoin, dogecoin, dark coin or bitshares
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:17:29 AM

wtf is bitshares? o another complicated crap coin nobody is going to use outside the crypto field, bitcoin is already hard enough to get. I say only Bitcoin and some projects/cryptos on top of it making bitcoin better. The rest is all shit, whether its litecoin, dogecoin, dark coin or bitshares

Download the BitShares wallet, after syncing, register an account, (any unused name you want, not some long number mainstream will never use), send yourself some BTS from an exchange which takes seconds and you're good to go.
Already you can buy BitBTC, BitGold, BitSilver or any major currency with the click of a mouse in seconds.
Now you have a decentralised asset backed by an average of 300% BTS collateral.
All done in minutes, no ID, currencies & commodities with 10 second global transactions.
BitShares uses TITAN so every transaction is to a new address, but all you see is the easy to use account name/names you created.

Anyway you'll hear more about it soon enough, 1.0 is round the corner.

You might find BitSharesblocks.com useful lots of live information

blg425

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:21:26 AM

I think the rate just goes with the BTC crash, because they always seemed to climb and fall the same percentages. Only now BTC is at such a low and there are so many altcoins, people are still getting used to the idea of bitcoin let alone all the altcoins, which LTC has just become part of.

cocales

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:16:32 AM

Guys so predictable we all know the LTC will go up. If there is a coin that I can put my faith in is LTC.

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:22:06 PM

Guys so predictable we all know the LTC will go up. If there is a coin that I can put my faith in is LTC.

Technically litecoin has lot of advantages but at the moment bitcoin has lot more mass and momentum

a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:43:54 PM

Technically litecoin has lot of advantages but at the moment bitcoin has lot more mass and momentum

both of them are doing horrible.

Bitcoin inflation 10%
Litecoin inflation 30%

it's insanity to expect gains from coins with these errosions
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:12:54 PM

Bitcoin inflation 10%
Litecoin inflation 30%

actually its insanity to believe that inflation is real. markets all about how the market prices something and I am pretty sure the market prices bitcoin around the perception there is 21 million of them (and in fact all up at the end of the day they'll even be a hell of alot less then that...well usable).
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:40:53 PM

how is it insaity to believe the inflation is real? I can see it on the blockexplorer. It's very real. This is what you call cold numbers or facts.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:29:36 PM

Bitcoin inflation 10%
Litecoin inflation 30%

That's crazy. That means Litecoin needs $80 000 in excess new demand per day just to offset the coins being sold by miners at the current CAP. No wonder it can't sustain itself.

$3 million of new demand a month is needed just to sustain its current price. Good luck getting that in a bear market.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 12:26:59 AM

how is it insaity to believe the inflation is real? I can see it on the blockexplorer. It's very real. This is what you call cold numbers or facts.

yes its real   Shocked one of the few rare examples of a deflationary currencies on the planet and your calling it as inflationary  Roll Eyes

as anyone who knows about bitcoin how many bitcoin are there? think you'll find the answer as 21 million, tis the figure the market values bitcoin around.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 12:31:47 AM

Bitcoin inflation 10%
Litecoin inflation 30%

That's crazy. That means Litecoin needs $80 000 in excess new demand per day just to offset the coins being sold by miners at the current CAP. No wonder it can't sustain itself.

$3 million of new demand a month is needed just to sustain its current price. Good luck getting that in a bear market.

lol

Supply demand has easily been meet in the past when new demands was considerably less then happening today. You do know demand (and knowledge of cryptos) has and is increasing over time, and you do know about block halvings and the like? Also you're assuming miners mine and dump daily at any price.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 12:54:11 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 02:18:59 AM by FandangledGizmo

Bitcoin inflation 10%
Litecoin inflation 30%

lol

Supply demand has easily been meet in the past when new demands was considerably less then happening today. Also you're assuming miners mine and dump daily at any price.

Really? It looks like LiteCoin clearly hasn't been able to sustain its price for a year.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#charts

During the 2014 bear market it's fallen 3X more than Bitcoin which makes sense as it has 3X more inflation...

(Based on the value of coins when mined, LiteCoin has paid miners >$80 million this year.)
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:20:06 PM

It is too early to tell where Litecoin is headed, wait till the first block halving occurs. We are still in the very early stages in this whole crypto game. Bitcoin is paving the way right now, a few alts will follow suit and I am sure Litecoin will be one of them. A few others will also be adopted, I am not sure which ones however. At this point that is impossible to predict, too many unknowns.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: