Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:47:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28282 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:43:26 PM

For all the kiddies: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675213.0

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:46:36 PM

let's get back to the discussion  Grin

So I think LTC is gonna stick around for a while until a huge company like google or apple decides to being in their own cryptocurrency. LTC is great since it has a lot of volume, but that only lasts so long imo  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:07:51 PM

Dakota and Devphp are obvious paid NXT sockpupet who think shitty ipo nxt will overtake nxt won't happen no matter how hard they try.

NXT is the future of crypto. 1000000x better than Litecoin could ever dream of being.

Comparing NXT to Litecoin is like comparing Superman to a squirrel.

Ya keep being a sockpupet everyone knows NXT and ipo coins are garbage.

IPO's are the future of coin distribution..

Comparing Ethereum to NXT is more likly comparing Superman to a squirrel. You cant compare nxt to litecoin, as nxt seems to be a transactionsystem with features for business back office like asset exchange, coloured coins etc. Litecoin is for the masses.

Litecoin is a product of 2011 and kept very good over the years and will survive the ASIC turnaround. Unfortunately Litecoin is worth something about 3 Dollars (old and new paradigm). Everything more is a bonus on that coin you can cash out or wait to cash more out.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:30:06 PM

Dakota and Devphp are obvious paid NXT sockpupet who think shitty ipo nxt will overtake nxt won't happen no matter how hard they try.

NXT is the future of crypto. 1000000x better than Litecoin could ever dream of being.

Comparing Ethereum to NXT is more likly comparing Superman to a squirrel. You cant compare nxt to litecoin, as nxt seems to be a transactionsystem with features for business back office like asset exchange, coloured coins etc. Litecoin is for the masses.

I don't buy that statement. No one has to use all of those features of Nxt if they don't want to.

Litecoin is a product of 2011 and kept very good over the years and will survive the ASIC turnaround.

The "Too Big To Fail" mantra is parasitic.

Unfortunately Litecoin is worth something about 3 Dollars (old and new paradigm). Everything more is a bonus on that coin you can cash out or wait to cash more out.

Sure, everything more is bonus if you bought in under $3.

harposox

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:51:25 PM

I've posted in other threads that as BTC continues to make the transition from "underground" to "mainstream" (more adoption every day, more wall st. types involved every day, etc.) there is going to be a void. With more acceptance will come more scrutiny & regulation. People who (have) used BTC to buy pot, buy guns, send money across the globe for whatever reason will (at some point) shy away from BTC due to the above.

There needs to be a legit alternative to BTC that is viable. Will it be LTC? My guess is likely not. I just don't see a whole lot from the LTC community in terms of evolution and innovation of the coin.

Which coin is it? No idea, but there are only a handful (if that) that could emerge that are bringing either actual innovation to the table or have a legit community behind it (not going to name names)... but I don't think it will be an IPO coin or a POS coin that proves to be viable long-term.

This is like the most used reason on why LTC will not "succeed".

Since when does innovation = success and only then?

Ford was an innovator...but along came Toyota, Honda, Kia...etc. They weren't very innovative as they basically copied the idea and layout.

Now had Toyota or the others came up with the idea of the airplane ...now that is innovative. But it didn't require innovation to be successful.

Exactly. All of these people talking about "innovation" are just clueless, they're enamored with shiny new toys rather than business fundamentals. In order for mainstream adoption to happen the masses first need to understand bitcoin. They don't yet. Any and all alt coin "innovation" outside of the simple elegance of bitcoin is completely lost on the vast majority of people who might eventually propel cryptos into the mainstream. At this point any innovation above and beyond the block chain and the bitcoin protocol is simply pretty packaging to lure pump and dumpers.

Litecoin has name recognition, market penetration, and superior liquidity due to its market cap and its availability across a wide variety of exchanges. This puts it in an infinitely more stable place, from a business perspective, to succeed than any shitcoin. It's years ahead of the competition. But more importantly, LTC IS THE NATURAL TRADING PARTNER TO BITCOIN, which is the market leader in a completely brand new tech space.

You wanna make real money trading cryptos? Ignore the shitcoins and focus on understanding the relationship between BTC and LTC. There's a shocking amount of money to be made there if you're smart and patient and don't get caught up trying to day trade your way to riches.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:17:54 PM

This is like the most used reason on why LTC will not "succeed".

Since when does innovation = success and only then?

Ford was an innovator...but along came Toyota, Honda, Kia...etc. They weren't very innovative as they basically copied the idea and layout.

Now had Toyota or the others came up with the idea of the airplane ...now that is innovative. But it didn't require innovation to be successful.

Toyota is successful today because they innovated, maybe you should learn about their history before calling them copy cats. They have a long history of innovating starting with the way cars are mass produced and built to today where they pioneered hybrid vehicles via the Prius.
Honda's history: http://www.toyota-global.com/company/history_of_toyota/
Honda's recent innovations: http://corporate.honda.com/innovation/

Honda got its start innovating the use of auxillary engines in motorcycles and is still today focused on innovation.
Honda's history: http://world.honda.com/history/limitlessdreams/encounter/index.html
Honda's current innovations: http://corporate.honda.com/innovation/

Although Kia didn't get its start innovating products per say, it was the first company in South Korea to make domestic bicycle, motorcycles, cars, and trucks. Today they definitely have a strong focus towards innovating and were innovative in the US market by making vehicles affordable, among other recent innovations.
Kia's history: http://www.kia.lk/corporate/innovation
Kia's current Innovations: http://www.kia.lk/corporate/innovation

Maybe you should research claims a little bit before you make them? It took me 5 minutes to look all this up...

I never said they weren't innovative. I said they weren't very innovative as they did not invent something new. Obviously this is my opinion lol.

My point was innovation =/= success as so many including you appear to be claiming here.

Nice backtracking there buddy. Seems like I'm not the only one that "gives themselves enough wiggle room to back out of their statements."  Roll Eyes

Sure, it's not the only reason for a company's success obviously. They could have a very innovative product, and be scammers at the same time, killing their chances of being successful. Being innovative certainly helps companies be successful though. To deny that is just you being dumb.

My point I will say again is innovation =/= success 100% of the time.

You really sound butthurt lol.

Please tell the smart money how dumb they are (or "not smart") even though you are not in a position to be a judge of that based on your past failures.  Tongue

Still backtracking. This is what you sound like:

dumbanddumber-soyouthinkthere'sachancememe.jpg

Don't flatter yourself, you are not smart money Smoothie. You were simply in the right place at the right time. With every statement you make you highlight the fact that you are not smart money.

Lol this is coming from the guy who hasn't had success in his crypto investments.

Look at my track record:

1. I bought litecoin at half a penny when pretty much most of you weren't not around. For me to take on that risk and be right in my call...I would say I'm smart money.

2. I sold a 1 oz silver eagle for 3600 LTC in 2012.

3. I bought a pizza with LTC to prove a concept that you can buy things with it. That was a 3500 LTC pizza.

4. I sold one of my 6990 radeon cards for 25,000 litecoins. This was when so many doubters were saying LTC is stupid and worthless and will "die".

5. I made a 10,000 LTC "futures" contract with user 420 in January 2013 when LTC was $0.07 each to end on Jan 1st 2014. The deal was that I would be able to buy 10,000 LTC for $700 on Jan 1st 2014. Based on your modified agreement I "cashed in" in April of 2013 and bought 10,000 LTC for $1,400.

Not to mention how many price movement bets I have won on this forum. Do your research buddy before saying I'm dumb money.

Luck doesn't play a factor that often. At some point in one's calls you need to admit that they in fact have what it takes to be called smart money.

Sounds like you are in denial.

Litecoin does not care about its price. The protocol is sound.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:12:37 PM

Lol this is coming from the guy who hasn't had success in his crypto investments.

Look at my track record:

1. I bought litecoin at half a penny when pretty much most of you weren't not around. For me to take on that risk and be right in my call...I would say I'm smart money.

3. I bought a pizza with LTC to prove a concept that you can buy things with it. That was a 3500 LTC pizza.

4. I sold one of my 6990 radeon cards for 25,000 litecoins. This was when so many doubters were saying LTC is stupid and worthless and will "die".

5. I made a 10,000 LTC "futures" contract with user 420 in January 2013 when LTC was $0.07 each to end on Jan 1st 2014. The deal was that I would be able to buy 10,000 LTC for $700 on Jan 1st 2014. Based on your modified agreement I "cashed in" in April of 2013 and bought 10,000 LTC for $1,400.

Not to mention how many price movement bets I have won on this forum. Do your research buddy before saying I'm dumb money.

Luck doesn't play a factor that often. At some point in one's calls you need to admit that they in fact have what it takes to be called smart money.

For your sake, I hope you sold most of those coins back when Litecoin was still a thing. Or converted them to Bitcoin.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:23:01 PM

let's get back to the discussion  Grin

So I think LTC is gonna stick around for a while until a huge company like google or apple decides to being in their own cryptocurrency. LTC is great since it has a lot of volume, but that only lasts so long imo  Smiley

Well spotted, the crypto to take off will be marketed to the people by a corporate giant.

Until then, and given that LTC and BTC are entrenched in crypto-culture, with absurdly high difficulty levels, which increase every 2000 or so blocks, there is no reason to assume LTC is finished. It is following the same pattern as ever, currently down on its luck, soon to be pumped when the Whales have picked enough up.

One thing is certain, BTC cannot survive beyond the fringe unless the BTC Foundation (or similar) is able to manoeuvre its greedy hands around it, wrap it up, speed it up, claim it is theirs, win intellectual property rights, and sell it to the highest bidder who will immediately regulate all use of it.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:20:25 AM

At some point in one's calls you need to admit that they in fact have what it takes to be called smart money.

So where does the smart money say LTC will be at the end of 2014 ?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:20:52 AM

Look at my track record:

For your sake, I hope you sold most of those coins back when Litecoin was still a thing. Or converted them to Bitcoin.

You can take a guess what I did.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:21:49 AM

At some point in one's calls you need to admit that they in fact have what it takes to be called smart money.

Such a vague question...but to address it in terms of the OP of this thread...

LTC will still be alive. People will still mine it, buy it, talk about it, and use it to transact with.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:28:28 AM

LTC will still be alive. People will still mine it, buy it, talk about it, and use it to transact with.

What is your prediction for the value of one litecoin in USD on 1-1-2015 ?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:32:23 AM

Higher than it's previous all time high price.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:36:19 AM

R E S E R V E D
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:40:20 AM

R E S E R V E D

Please yes quote me.  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Aricoin_Mike

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

I also share this opinion.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:00:07 AM

I don't buy that statement. No one has to use all of those features of Nxt if they don't want to.

Litecoin is a product of 2011 and kept very good over the years and will survive the ASIC turnaround.

The "Too Big To Fail" mantra is parasitic.

Unfortunately Litecoin is worth something about 3 Dollars (old and new paradigm). Everything more is a bonus on that coin you can cash out or wait to cash more out.

Sure, everything more is bonus if you bought in under $3.

New mantra for litecoin: Cant kill a POW cryptocurrency with wide spread asics hardware as you can implement it efficient in any device connected to the internet.
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:08:11 PM

Any litecoin updates?
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:53:10 AM

I have 3k of LTC I wish I had sold them at 30usd each.... Notw  they are only worth like 4k  Angry

You live and learn I suppose.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:58:54 AM

I have 3k of LTC I wish I had sold them at 30usd each.... Notw  they are only worth like 4k  Angry

You live and learn I suppose.

Exchange to Doge and you'll make up for your losses within a few months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: