Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:25:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:09:13 AM

This is all so confusing. Why are people still sendig their btc here? I mean come on, these salaries do seem to be quite outrageous, and altough they may be nice, why would you be spending money on parties? I would prefer to see most funding going towards the actual project.

Well,  listened to a few podcasts on Swarm and also listened to some interviews from the guys their. They seem genuine.
I worked in IT before and if you are good you get paid. I do think they need to control their salaries however, you are right there.

The problem I have thus far is what a few others mentioned - The Counterparty interface for the orderbook is not easy to use. It is not intuitive.
I really think the guys there need to work on the interface. But, swarm is not Counterparty, different fish.
I am curious what Swarm will come up with regarding the actual crowdfunding platform. Is there anything we can see?

The Counterparty devs have heard the frustration about the GUI and they are responding. See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg7902979#msg7902979

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

2 question:
1.How to join for this project?I just need send BTC to which address?
2.all swarmcoin will distribute to all IPO investors?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:07:06 AM

2 question:

1. The address is here: http://www.swarmcorp.com/
2. Unsure.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:10:21 AM

2 question:

1. The address is here: http://www.swarmcorp.com/
2. Unsure.
got it,thanks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Kellyjazz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:40:25 AM

Is there any service similar to escrow service provided by your platform?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:43:56 AM

This is all so confusing. Why are people still sendig their btc here? I mean come on, these salaries do seem to be quite outrageous, and altough they may be nice, why would you be spending money on parties? I would prefer to see most funding going towards the actual project.

Well,  listened to a few podcasts on Swarm and also listened to some interviews from the guys their. They seem genuine.
I worked in IT before and if you are good you get paid. I do think they need to control their salaries however, you are right there.

The problem I have thus far is what a few others mentioned - The Counterparty interface for the orderbook is not easy to use. It is not intuitive.
I really think the guys there need to work on the interface. But, swarm is not Counterparty, different fish.
I am curious what Swarm will come up with regarding the actual crowdfunding platform. Is there anything we can see?

The Counterparty devs have heard the frustration about the GUI and they are responding. See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg7902979#msg7902979

Great news and thanks for the link. I believe this is what you are talking about:
BTER-like Dex interface is undergoing final testing.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:53:04 AM

As a heads up, there is no reason to use Counterparty to get SWARM if you don't want to. Just go to Swarmcorp.com and send bitcoins to the address listed from a Blockchain.info account and you're done.

I don't see a reason why investors would pay more for their Swarm (from Swarmcorp.com) when they can purchase it at a lower price from counterwallet.co..
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:58:45 AM

As a heads up, there is no reason to use Counterparty to get SWARM if you don't want to. Just go to Swarmcorp.com and send bitcoins to the address listed from a Blockchain.info account and you're done.

I don't see a reason why investors would pay more for their Swarm (from Swarmcorp.com) when they can purchase it at a lower price from counterwallet.co..

You have to consider the amount of Swam available on Counterwallet. Since it is easy to buy Swarm directly from Swarmcorp.com, do you really think people (needing or wanting to sell) will be selling any Swarm for more than what they paid? The amount available on Counterwallet (last check) was small, so I wouldn't talk about this as an "either or" type of thing as it appears to be
an extremely small amount. However, sure, if you want a few at discount, get them while you can.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:09:55 PM

You have to consider the amount of Swam available on Counterwallet. Since it is easy to buy Swarm directly from Swarmcorp.com, do you really think people (needing or wanting to sell) will be selling any Swarm for more than what they paid? The amount available on Counterwallet (last check) was small, so I wouldn't talk about this as an "either or" type of thing as it appears to be
an extremely small amount. However, sure, if you want a few at discount, get them while you can.

I don't know how much swarm there is for sale (since I can't really understand the market's order book at counterparty.co), but I've purchased half of my swarm at more than 7000swarm per BTC from counterparty.co..  which is about ~30% cheaper than buying directly from swarmcorp.com.
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:05:47 PM

I don't know how much swarm there is for sale (since I can't really understand the market's order book at counterparty.co), but I've purchased half of my swarm at more than 7000swarm per BTC from counterparty.co..  which is about ~30% cheaper than buying directly from swarmcorp.com.

i bought as much as possible on xcp but had to buy on swarmcorp to fill it all. there's some small amounts poping and i keep grabbing when i can on xcp; but for a decent buy it's not really possible.

btw; for metalheads; the swarm / parasitic skies album is a f****** masterpiece Cheesy
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:10:12 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 01:21:07 PM by IamNotSure

Code:
a9e13	a day ago	0.00225225 XCP/SWARMPRE	888 XCP 100%	20,000 SWARMPRE 100%	In 725 blocks
80751 about 24 hours ago 0.0022 XCP/SWARMPRE 495.55555556 XCP 99% 11,199.55555566 SWARMPRE 99% In 805 blocks
12801 about 7 hours ago 22.50541437 XCP/SWARMPRE 22.2574 XCP 100% 500.9120098 SWARMPRE 100% In 923 blocks

Code:
cc046	about 15 hours ago	0.0803133 BTC/SWARMPRE	0.10755616 BTC 100%	0.00863819 SWARMPRE 100%	In 882 blocks	0.00107558 BTC 100%
b6806 7 days ago 0.6 BTC/SWARMPRE 3.3125 BTC 95% 20,111.60714286 SWARMPRE 95% In 1861 blocks 0.001 BTC

Price display is wrong in counterwallet, wtf, it's actually 22,5225 SWARMPRE/XCP and not 0.00225225 XCP/SWARMPRE

in XCP : approx 31200 SWARMPRE for 1383 XCP, or 5.532 BTC at 0.004 XCP/BTC rate = 5639,91 SWARMPRE/BTC (in XCP)

in BTC : 20111 SWARMPRE for 3.3125 = 6071 SWARMPRE/BTC

Last time I've checked, crowdsale rate was around 5140 SWARMPRE/BTC

Also note that if you purchase via the crwodsale, you are "diluting" the future SWARM to be distributed (you'll get more SWARM/SWARMPRE if you purchase via counterwallet)

slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:45:55 PM

i don't understand xcp exchange Cheesy i tried to fill my whole order there and had only half going through (i set it up for 6000swarmpre/btc if i remember well); so i purchased the other half on swarmcorp. well at least i made that btc count go higher Cheesy
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:38:54 PM

i don't understand xcp exchange Cheesy i tried to fill my whole order there and had only half going through (i set it up for 6000swarmpre/btc if i remember well); so i purchased the other half on swarmcorp. well at least i made that btc count go higher Cheesy

XCP exchange is quite confusing. The devs are aware of that but they're always updating the protocol and wallet, so it shouldn't take long before it's fixed. Also, basically all the prices should be displayed in reverse (like in every centralized exchange)
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:19:46 PM

Any updates fractastical Huh

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
fractastical (OP)

Activity: 309

Swarm

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:26:56 PM

Any updates fractastical Huh

Just got back to California and got our living arrangement and office setup. Had a very intense travel schedule that included a fair bit of meetings with VCs and press. Trying to figure out how traditional investors fit into the mix, as many of them are interested in participating but need to do so through an existing fund.

First couple projects to launch on Swarm are pretty well defined at this point. We will be showcasing them as soon as our own fundraiser ends. Although we have a decent amount of capital to build the product, I'm a bit disappointed as we don't really have enough to knock out larger concerns (like related licensing requirements on a legal front). Still a bit of work to get all of the appropriate legal entities setup to support our operations without exposing us to excessive risk from a regulatory standpoint.

Spending a bit of time in ironing out the details for our decentralized accelerator program as well, including figuring out what city will launch first and related regulatory issues.

We are presenting next week at the Coin Congress San Francisco and the Silicon Valley Bitcoin meetup. There is also a Bitcoin party tonight in Palo Alto where we are giving out some prizes related to our next projects.

We also produced two videos showcasing the design and functionality of the product.

You can watch it here

I'm also compiling all the critical feedback received including a personal evaluation of things that could have better handled during our first fundraising period.

iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:09:54 AM

^^ Wow!! I watched the video maybe 3-4 times and each time I watched it I got goosebumps after 1 minute into the video just by thinking about the potential of such a system and its benefits  Lips sealed

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
OmniEdge

Activity: 16
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:12:12 PM

• Counterparty is the 'database' offering timestamping & proof of publication => issuance of assets/tokens.
  • Swarmcorp works on a nice UX layer on top of counterparty offering cryptoequity, project screening and swarmcoin. Not exactly but conceptually similar to Red Hat distro in Linux without the coins.
  • Storj.io offer a decentralised cloud storage "dropbox" product using bitcoin blockchain technology and crowdfunding it with counterparty.

I think that packaging all these different types of exciting developments could help all stakeholders. Any plans to join forces with storj.io & counterparty, share overhead costs and also promote them as a new incubator platform?  Coordinating between these different project with a common objective could look like the concept of “holons” – meaning something that is simultaneously a whole and a part.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:54:40 PM

So when exactly does the crowdsale end? Tomorrow or tonight? At what time?
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:55:55 PM

So when exactly does the crowdsale end? Tomorrow or tonight? At what time?

Midnight CET tomorrow. That's 3pm in California. 6pm in New York.

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:20:52 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 10:05:25 PM by fractastical

Any plans to join forces with storj.io & counterparty, share overhead costs and also promote them as a new incubator platform?  Coordinating between these different project with a common objective could look like the concept of “holons” – meaning something that is simultaneously a whole and a part.

Although we love what storj.io is doing it's not clear how it integrates with our platform offering. Our storage needs at the moment are fairly simple and involve things that can be handled in standard transactional database models. Having a long term mutually beneficial arrangement with Counterparty is very important though. I'd say this is going very well so far but it is also a young relationship so it needs to be structured for long term success.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: