Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [JUDGE] Judge Coin | Multipool is UP @ http://judge.bemining.net/  (Read 150020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:27:23 AM

X15 will be a good option because it can be mined by many people with CPU (No GPU miner is released yet).
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
judgecrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:32:31 AM

judge are you accepting donations?

i would love to send you btc for your work

sure am... btc is in my sig line... i am self funding with no premine so anything helps Smiley
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:58:09 AM

any ETA of launch?
Algo?

I am going to have a meeting with the dev shortly.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  Please support any suggestions with reasons.
I am leaning towards a 14 day PoW X11 protocol launch... thoughts?

Looking to launch within 7 - 10 days.  I will keep everyone up to date.  My #1 goal is a fair coin.  No shady crap.

NO IPO... NO PREMINE...  

You say in the first post that it is not a coin to get rich off of, but the only reason to have a short window of distribution is to maximize profits to a select few. Why the hell should anyone support your crap coin that is not going to produce anything unique or innovative in the short term?
Why not go and support coins that are actually unique or innovative now?
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:03:23 AM

any ETA of launch?
Algo?

I am going to have a meeting with the dev shortly.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  Please support any suggestions with reasons.
I am leaning towards a 14 day PoW X11 protocol launch... thoughts?

Looking to launch within 7 - 10 days.  I will keep everyone up to date.  My #1 goal is a fair coin.  No shady crap.

NO IPO... NO PREMINE...  

You say in the first post that it is not a coin to get rich off of, but the only reason to have a short window of distribution is to maximize profits to a select few. Why the hell should anyone support your crap coin that is not going to produce anything unique or innovative in the short term?
Why not go and support coins that are actually unique or innovative now?

Actually I am not worried if it is not supported right away.  You are right a coin is not anything without utility.  I dont want to promise crap just to pump the coin.  It should be valued for what it is.  That is it should be shit until something is delivered NOT promised.  

So, I want to see if people will support a coin that has no premine or IPO.  If people believe in me they could buy in early at a bargain rate.

When I say support I want to have community meetings to determine something to work on and get community developers to work on it.

by the way if you have an idea for a better distribution model i am all ears!

One good thing about this coin is that it will be funded by ME and not a premine or IPO.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:09:55 AM

Do something with proof of burn.  It's such a cool concept.
Do you have a link with info on proof of burn?

More info on proof of burn: https://www.counterparty.co/why-proof-of-burn/
gl on your project.

That was an interesting read.  Interesting philosophies is what makes crypto so cool!  I think for my launch I am going to stick a little more common road.

Then I am going to sit down with future team and plan projects to work on.  Hopefully try to recruit community development power!
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:27:31 AM

No premine and no IPO sounds reasonable for the begining. Let's see what's next!
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:10:08 PM

No premine and no IPO sounds reasonable for the begining. Let's see what's next!

One thing I want to emphasize is I dont want the coin to be pumped and dumped.  No killer features here yet.  No white papers planned yet.  Just a coin.  My goal is to get a community together to discuss features.  Then get devs together who believe in those features to work on it as an open source project. The features being worked on will not be openly hyped. 

A coin value should be based on what it delivers, not what it promises.
jandco

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:41:48 PM

no ipo no premine = watching this  Cool
however i would prefer x13 algo for pow rather than x11
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:47:27 PM

no ipo no premine = watching this  Cool
however i would prefer x13 algo for pow rather than x11

Thanks for visiting Smiley I am going with x13.
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:50:48 PM

How about x15?

The Camel Marches On
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:55:08 PM

How about x15?

I am going with x13.  I hope you still support Judge Coin Smiley
erep

Activity: 2240
Merit: 585

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:56:48 PM

NO PREMINE, NO IPO  Kiss I'm in  Wink

Good atleast some developer think about communities otherwise every developer these days coming with premine coins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:02:52 PM

NO PREMINE, NO IPO  Kiss I'm in  Wink

Good atleast some developer think about communities otherwise every developer these days coming with premine coins.

I am thoroughly convinced premines are evil.  Pump and Dumps are evil.  There are so many scam coins out there I wanted to make a good example coin.

I am personally funding this coin startup.  I will buy my coins off the exchanges like everyone else!

My hope is that by setting this example of a clean long term coin it will be an example to others and attract developers who really want to make a difference.

I am big on community.  I want to be actively connected to my supporters! Smiley
Pyramusx

Activity: 379

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:30:50 PM

NO PREMINE, NO IPO  Kiss I'm in  Wink

I am thoroughly convinced premines are evil.  Pump and Dumps are evil.  There are so many scam coins out there I wanted to make a good example coin.

I am personally funding this coin startup.  I will buy my coins off the exchanges like everyone else!

My hope is that by setting this example of a clean long term coin it will be an example to others and attract developers who really want to make a difference.

I am big on community.  I want to be actively connected to my supporters! Smiley

If it is genuine, I like your way of thinking. But you do have to consider that while you can have a great coin and also have an honest team behind it, it needs hype and it needs to excite a large number of people. Coins like StabilityShares (XSI), for example, suffer from that. Great coin, great people, but  they are so anti-hype that the crypto community, with its short attention span, easily forgets about it - and the coin suffers as a result even though it should be worth more than it is.

I think a better approach would be to just only promise what you believe you are capable of delivering within a specified time frame. That way, you don't work off hype and announcements of announcements, but actual developments. That could be a more positive form of hype that suits a long term project.

hero18688

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:43:43 PM

Why use self-moderated topic?

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:58:49 PM

maybe to delete troll or fudder's post  Tongue
test0202

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:21:45 PM

good luck~~~
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:46:38 PM

maybe to delete troll or fudder's post  Tongue

Yes, it is absolutely to delete troll or fudder post.  I welcome actual debate about merits.  Now if you spam the same statement 10x then I consider that spam.  But disagreements are welcome.  Please be courteous. 

I will not tolerate rude behavior in the thread.  With a non modded thread there is really no protection from the thread being hijacked from just a handful of people.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:48:25 PM

NO PREMINE, NO IPO  Kiss I'm in  Wink

I am thoroughly convinced premines are evil.  Pump and Dumps are evil.  There are so many scam coins out there I wanted to make a good example coin.

I am personally funding this coin startup.  I will buy my coins off the exchanges like everyone else!

I am big on community.  I want to be actively connected to my supporters! Smiley

If it is genuine, I like your way of thinking. But you do have to consider that while you can have a great coin and also have an honest team behind it, it needs hype and it needs to excite a large number of people. Coins like StabilityShares (XSI), for example, suffer from that. Great coin, great people, but  they are so anti-hype that the crypto community, with its short attention span, easily forgets about it - and the coin suffers as a result even though it should be worth more than it is.

I think a better approach would be to just only promise what you believe you are capable of delivering within a specified time frame. That way, you don't work off hype and announcements of announcements, but actual developments. That could be a more positive form of hype that suits a long term project.

You bring up a very good point.  I just am a little sick of all the crap coins promising to cure cancer and all.  But yeah I dont want to kill all excitement.  I agree with your logic.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:47:14 PM

I'm in...if you need a website developer, i could do it. Also looking into the multipool, but have not find any info about it much. Anyone knows how to setup a multipool?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: