Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available!  (Read 60315 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 06:41:21 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 11:53:39 PM by Nefario

Tickets Available:€70 each

ANNOUNCEMENT

Tier 2 sponsorship available

• Roller banner at event 800x2065mm (banner,stand,printing included)
  • A PowerPoint slide on main screen(looped) between talks.
  • Your logo included in the final production video of event.
  • The ability to say you are a sponsor of this conference

NORMAL PRICE:£300 for a tier 2 slot.
DISCOUNT PRICE:£230 for the first 5 slots, HURRY!

Tier 1 sponsorship limited availability remaining
9BTC for a tier 1 slot.

BITCOIN2012 - www.bitcoin2012.com
After weeks of planning we are glad to announce we will be holding the Bitcoin Conference in London, hosted by the Bitcoin Consultancy. The first conference was held by Mitchell Bourne in association with us. He set an amazing standard, showed us the ropes and bestowed us with considerable experience. This year he will be taking a diminished role as we take over the chariot. We hope to live up to the high standard he set last year.

We plan this conference to be the hub for bitcoiners wishing to learn, meet, do business and expand their minds. This will bring bitcoin to a global financial centre, and be a turning point bringing bitcoin to the fore of the mainstream. It is here that bitcoin will leave its perilous infancy, as the new world briefly meets the old before displacing it.

Bitcoin Consultancy will be applying their resources and previous experience to deliver the event. We are an organisation of 5 members based in the UK. For this project, we have divided up the roles according to our various talents.

Finance panel at Bitcoin2011 Prague

- James McCarthy (nefario), Community Manager. Our liason and public face of the community. As a long term member of the forums, we are glad to have recently taken him on board. His role as a moderator and then his conscientious relinquishing it in moral protest, together with his involvement with several projects including GLBSE, the bitcoin stock exchange demonstrate a high ethical and trustworthy standard we demand.

- Donald Norman, Finances and Sponsors. As the director for the Bitcoin Consultancy, Donald has been in constant contact with business people and authorities regarding bitcoin. Before even enterning university, Donald was already sucessful in business.

- Amir Taaki (genjix), Organiser. Last year, Amir was responsible for designing the schedule and finding speakers. His high involvement in all areas of bitcoin have given him a deep insight to the multiple diverse aspects of bitcoin. As such, he knows exactly the format and way to design this year's program.

Prague venue

Additionally we will see:

- Martin Dittus (martind), Moderator. Martin is a trustee for the London Hackspace, a UK non-profit community run space in central London where people go to share tools and knowledge. Last year Martin and Amir organised the London Bitcoin Weekend where we saw Martin's capability as a moderator and leader of events. We have requested Martin for this conference and he gracefully accepted. He has a gentle guiding manner with people and is a perfect match for this event. Currently he is doing his Master's on the role of technology in urban spaces and has a keen interest in decentralising technology.

- Mitchell Bourne (worldly), Advisor. His passion for bitcoin made last years European Bitcoin Conference, which he led. He has been involved in various businesses and entrepreneurial activities for a long time. His involvement managing logistics and organising last year's conference means he has the direct applicable experience and practice which will be lent to creating an excellent conference this year.

We want to make something for all parts of the community by having very in depth talks from experts about Bitcoin in the following areas:
- Development
- Economics
- Law
- Finance
- Social
- Ethics

We also will have talks on non-bitcoin related projects and about tangential 'new-economy' topics like peer-production and distributed patronage.

Rick Falkvinge at Bitcoin2011 Prague

We want it to be a place to share ideas where people already involved can learn at a high level. We want to include and focus on merchants who are doing novel things that play on bitcoin's strengths. Instead of a merchant who sells a good or a commodity like one would sell for dollars, a merchant who is using microtransactions, merchants whose business could not survive without irreversible electronic and fast payments as is only possible in bitcoin. What can we do with this new technology that is not just cheaper but fundamentally different, what new markets are enabled by bitcoin.

Stefan Thomas at Bitcoin2011 Prague

The most important part of making this conference a success is the community getting behind it. If you would like to show your support, this is what I ask of the community:
- Provide feedback in what you would like to see at the conference, we love ideas.
- Constructive criticism welcome
- If you have something interesting in the works and would like to do a talk on, please submit your ideas.
- If you have some interesting technology you would like to assist in any aspect of the conference please get in touch.
- Any other assistance you would like to offer that doesn’t fit into the above points please let us know.
- Register on the site as early as you can so we have more time to organise logistics(when we have it up).

If we can get community support on the above points then we can focus on marketing the conference to a wider audience. Our aim is to bring in Business People, Entrepreneurs and the Media that bitcoin needs for public adoption.

London 2012
The previous conference was held in Prague as a lower cost option because we were unsure how sucessful the event would become. This year we have a good idea how the conference will proceed, and are expecting well over 300 attendees. In London, we will be able to guarantee Bitcoin2012 receives a considerable amount of exposure outside the community in the mainstream press.

London is the financial heart of the world and the home of Bitcoin Consultancy. We formed this consultancy as a collaborative effort to take bitcoin out of the world of tech geeks and hobbyists into the real world. London is THE venue for doing that.

We have links with journalists from all major news organisations. By holding it in London, we increase the level of exposure for the event from mainstream media.

Many of the speakers we've invited & wish to invite are based in London, and by holding it here means we get higher quality speakers. Higher quality speakers means we can build a great event.

As a transport hub London has several international airports at Gatwick, Stansted, Heathrow, London City and Luton. Making it the top travel hub in the world.

Venue
Imperial, Russell Square, London, UK

Date - 15th and 16th of September, price - first 100 tickets Euro 40. Currently taking registration and accepting sponsors.

Speakers:
- Max Keiser (confirmed)
- Denis Roio (confirmed)

Looking forward to seeing you in London,
James McCarthy and Bitcoin Consultancy
Join us on Freenode IRC in #bitcoinconsultancy

Sponsors of Bitcoin2012

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 06:50:44 PM

Awesome! I will definitely attend and watch this thread Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 06:59:38 PM

Good choice.  Congratulations.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 07:01:49 PM

subbadubdubbed.

This time around, get some press passes ready for people and don't make them pay just to advertise your convention Tongue

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 07:27:39 PM

I suggest having a game with prizes.

It's called "The Hunt for DoubleIcaras"

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 07:31:22 PM

I will attend and I can speak if you'd like me to.

My recommendation is to have it at least 1 month after the Olympics. I lived in Atlanta in 1996 and it took that long for things to get back to normal.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
matsh

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 07:49:55 PM

When? I tried to see a date, couldn't find one. Perhaps I read sloppy?

Mats
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 07:58:16 PM

Mats

Date not confirmed, most likely late November/early December.

So shortly after the Olympics is a no go due to venue availability.

Nefario

marked

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 07:59:02 PM

From OP, inbetween Venue and Speakers, Max Keiser:
Date, price and website to be finalised. We will not be taking registrations until we have confirmed the date. We are aiming either for September or December depending on several factors.

marked
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 08:01:07 PM

Looking forward to it. It will be almost 2013 though  Wink

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 08:10:15 PM

Looking forward to it. It will be almost 2013 though  Wink

That just means we get to cover all the cool stuff that happened over the year and the plan for the next cool things to get done for the next year.

Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 10:32:03 PM

Sounds good - subscribing to the thread!

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 10:42:52 PM

I suggest having a game with prizes.

It's called "The Hunt for DoubleIcaras"

What is the story behind this ?

Did he disappear with the Bitcoin London activity thing Huh
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 12:23:18 AM

I will love to come!  Grin

One off NP-Hard.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 12:37:33 AM

I will be there and would love to speak and sponsor!

My recommendation is to have it at least 1 month after the Olympics. I lived in Atlanta in 1996 and it took that long for things to get back to normal.

I agree!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Killdozer

Activity: 203

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 08:59:47 AM

Shouldn't this be called Bitcon 2012?
All other conferences are called *con. Word bitcoin refers to the currency, not an event about the currency.

tosaki

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 09:14:18 AM

I must be blind. What is the exact date?
Killdozer

Activity: 203

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 09:23:50 AM

I must be blind. What is the exact date?

Cmon people learn to read or at least Ctrl+F "date".

The exact date isn't set yet.

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 02:20:06 PM

Watching.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2012, 02:41:45 PM

Ugh... cause London in December is some place I want to go.  If you want a larger attendance, I suggest moving the venue to someplace that has decent weather that time of year.

I don't want to fly from one deary place to another dreary place, jeez!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: