Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds  (Read 135109 times)
FairlaySupport

Activity: 460
Merit: 252

please do not contact us here via PM.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 09:34:25 PM

Yes, this is because we do not have any  over/under X.25 or X.75 markets right now...

@debuni  glad to hear. We will let you know when we add those markets. I hope it will be this year...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:10:18 AM

Int Error 500 again on sport & search from few hours.

We got an error report and will fix this bug as soon as possible.
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 05:59:31 AM

@debuni I'll pass it along.       

@all   small problems with the site right now. We'll fix them asap.

fairlay (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 11:23:41 AM

Fairlay is currently not reachable. We have to figure out what the problem is. We have been trying to improve performance in the last week - most likely one of this updates broke something. We will give an update with the latest status and an estimate about when we are back here soon.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
bitwager

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:16:11 PM

Can we please have an update?
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:45:00 PM

Fairlay is currently not reachable. We have to figure out what the problem is. We have been trying to improve performance in the last week - most likely one of this updates broke something. We will give an update with the latest status and an estimate about when we are back here soon.

You really should start working on your site during working days and not the weekend. This is Third weekend in past 2-3 month where your site is either not functional or your resolution feed is bugged.
bitwager

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:50:49 PM

I am the one who posted the American odds userscript.  Please PM me if you would like me to help debug and fix the problem.
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 06:06:44 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 07:26:47 PM by FairlaySupport

We are really really sorry the site is still offline.   We are trying to reach our IT-guys but they are travelling or are not reachable.  The last update was pushed on Friday - the site went offline on Sunday morning UTC. We keep you updated here...
It is probably easy to fix so we expect to be online again in the next 6-18 hours.

fairlay (OP)

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 11:26:48 PM

We are back and all open cashouts are proceeded.
It was a silly small mistake that lead to a situation where the database grew in size extremely fast and made all other processes stuck.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
OdhinsEye

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:17:50 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 11:07:56 PM by OdhinsEye

Hello all. I would like to get some feedback on two suggestions.

I have a couple issues with some of the sports bets being placed.

First, no live bets, and halftime bets are problematic.
It is very hit or miss if I will get a 2nd half bet on the game I want. Sometimes someone gets it up in time for halftime, sometimes they don't.

The solution seems rather simple to me... Just make the "closing date" and the "resolution date" the same.
That way, people could place their odds either at halftime, or during the game. You would have to keep a separate tab open for your open bets, ready to close them at a moment's notice should one team score, but you would be essentially be doing a live game against other people on the market.

I have seen bets before where the closing date seems to be the same as the resolution date, but when I tried to place bets on these, fairly wouldn't let me.... Anyone know what is up with this?
Would others here have interest in games that are "live" and where you could place halftime bets without hoping someone else scrambles to get the bet up in time?
These "live" predictions would have to be clearly marked "live" in the title so people don't put up "great" open odds a day before the game that get filled during the game, but otherwise, I don't see the problem here.

another less important suggestion is to make similar over/under, moneyline, and point spread games more streamlined.
Take this Broncos game for example: https://www.fairlay.com/event/search/?q=Broncos

Instead of having 14 separate predictions, there should be only be 3.
There should be one "Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos- Over/Under" bet, but when one makes the "new prediction" to create this bet, they would just put all the "over/under" options in the outcomes section. That way, on one page, you would see the on/against odds for "over 42", "over 42.5", "over 43", "over 43.5", "over 44", "over 44.5" and "over 45".
That way, you wouldn't have to have 14+ tabs open just to check the odds.
Same for moneyline. You could have "broncos win 1st quarter", "Broncos win 1st half", and "Broncos win game" all as "outcomes" to bet on or against.
OdhinsEye

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:34:14 PM

Posting some other suggestions here as this seems a better place to get a response from fairlay and other users than their "forum" here (https://fairlay.uservoice.com/forums/239705-general)

"So you don't take fees for sports, and you don't manipulate the odds. Great. So in theory, if you just bet teams randomly, you wont lose money, and you won't gain any money... however, that is not the case.

Unless a prediction has a 0% profit on an arbitrage calculator like this http://www.scalpulator.com/ , the book, or in this case, fairly takes a profit.

Let's take a simplified bet. PersonA bets on TeamA with 1 bitcoin and 1.5 odds. PersonB bets on TeamB with 1 bitcoin and 1.5 odds. In this case, Fairlay makes 500 milibits no matter who wins.

What should happen, is those "extra" funds from the bet should be divided equally between everyone who bet on the game.

In this case, if Team A won, PersonA would end up with 1.75 bitcoin (1*1.5+(.5/2)) and PersonB would end up with .25 bitcoin (1*0+(.5/2))

Of course, fairly still has to make their money, so a flat fee should simply taken out of every deposit or every withdraw.

It is more transparent this way, and I suspect when it becomes known to others that you will have some funds returned to you even if you lose the bet (so long as the odds have negative profit on an arbitrage calculator), it will attract a great amount of new users."

Two other suggestions I had, was that "suggested" should be toggled by default when looking at odds instead of "open table"... much more intutive. Similarly, those "suggested" odds should be shown as default when looking at or searching for a list of predictions.

Also, when one goes to their profile, one's most recent predictions deposits, and cashouts should be shown first as default.
Nobody wants to look at their first prediction they made every time they go to their prediction history. They want to know what they most recently did.
Douy Tongue
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 12:58:20 AM

@OdhinsEye   thx for the input.   You can already find some live markets from time to time from pinnacle but our current infrastructure is not optimal for live betting. We are working on concepts to enable more and better live betting on fairlay in the future  but this requires a lot of work.

the "My Predictions" - improvements are on our todo-list.  

OdhinsEye

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:06:47 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 01:58:33 AM by OdhinsEye

What is Pinnicle?
I went ahead and submitted a Broncos prediction for the upcoming game that has multiple moneylines (game, half, etc...), is titled "live" and has the closing date 5 minutes before the resolution date.... Is there any reason this prediction wont be accepted or wont work?

I'm not sure why your "infrastructure" is poor for live betting. Just make the closing and resolution date the same for live.

at the start of November, I made a prediction of "the price of bitcoin will be worth at least 400$ on December 1st" And the bet ended on December 1st.
What ended up happening, is the closer you got to the end of the month, the higher the odds got for a "yes" bet, and on the final day, there were no odds on "yes"... Something similar would happen to a live sports game.

Also, I am very nervous.
I deposited a bitcoin at 4:30 mountain time, but it has not yet been accepted.
https://blockchain.info/tx/6d55239ed8a68d14859957e93a86175097c85b5e9262726a7c39b39e068c68af

Is anyone else having problems with deposits not showing up?

Odinnseye is my username on the site.

EDIT:
So I clicked on that "check for missing transactions button. It worked... not sure what causes that.

New transactions found!

Once detected, transactions will be processed in the background. You must wait awhile to have their amount credited.

mBTC   Receiver address   Transaction hash   Block time   Confirmed
1000.00   1PMddajouHNyHHF1jFAdnbRnDyixNjatUk   6d55239ed8a6...   Dec. 7, 2015, 11:30 p.m.   
bitwager

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:52:09 AM

I just want to say that cashouts have been much, much faster lately.  Thanks for improving in that area, Fairlay team.
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 04:28:04 AM

I am the one who posted the American odds userscript.  Please PM me if you would like me to help debug and fix the problem.

Thanks for offering help. We keep it in mind and might contact you next year to see what we can do together...

FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 06:26:24 AM

https://www.fairlay.com/predict/registered/new/is-craig-steven-wright-satoshi-nakamoto/

Please help the world determine the truth!  Bet now.

OdhinsEye

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:58:30 PM

It is very hit or miss if I will get a 2nd half bet on the game I want. Sometimes someone gets it up in time for halftime, sometimes they don't.

The solution seems rather simple to me... Just make the "closing date" and the "resolution date" the same.
That way, people could place their odds either at halftime, or during the game. You would have to keep a separate tab open for your open bets, ready to close them at a moment's notice should one team score, but you would be essentially be doing a live game against other people on the market.

I have seen bets before where the closing date seems to be the same as the resolution date, but when I tried to place bets on these, fairly wouldn't let me.... Anyone know what is up with this?
Would others here have interest in games that are "live" and where you could place halftime bets without hoping someone else scrambles to get the bet up in time?
These "live" predictions would have to be clearly marked "live" in the title so people don't put up "great" open odds a day before the game that get filled during the game, but otherwise, I don't see the problem here.

another less important suggestion is to make similar over/under, moneyline, and point spread games more streamlined.
Take this Broncos game for example: https://www.fairlay.com/event/search/?q=Broncos

There should be one "Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos- Over/Under" bet, but when one makes the "new prediction" to create this bet, they would just put all the "over/under" options in the outcomes section. That way, on one page, you would see the on/against odds for "over 42", "over 42.5", "over 43", "over 43.5", "over 44", "over 44.5" and "over 45".
Same for moneyline. You could have "broncos win 1st quarter", "Broncos win 1st half", and "Broncos win game" all as "outcomes" to bet on or against.

What is Pinnicle?
I went ahead and submitted a Broncos prediction for the upcoming game that has multiple moneylines (game, half, etc...), is titled "live" and has the closing date 5 minutes before the resolution date.... Is there any reason this prediction wont be accepted or wont work?

I'm not sure why your "infrastructure" is poor for live betting. Just make the closing and resolution date the same for live.

at the start of November, I made a prediction of "the price of bitcoin will be worth at least 400$ on December 1st" And the bet ended on December 1st.
What ended up happening, is the closer you got to the end of the month, the higher the odds got for a "yes" bet, and on the final day, there were no odds on "yes"... Something similar would happen to a live sports game.

I would like a member of fairlay support to answer this.

If I submit a bet with a closing date five minutes before the resolution date, will it be accepted?

As I said, I already submitted a "live" prediction on tomorrow's game, but it has not yet been accepted.

If it is not accepted, why not?

I would like to get into submitting more game predictions, and I would like a more clear idea of why games are, or are not accepted.
OdhinsEye

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:18:06 AM

at the start of November, I made a prediction of "the price of bitcoin will be worth at least 400$ on December 1st" And the bet both closed and resolved on December 1st.

I would like a member of fairlay support to provide clarity on this.

If I submit a bet with a closing date five minutes before the resolution date, will it be accepted?

As I said, I already submitted a "live" prediction on tomorrow's game, but it has not yet been accepted.

If it is not accepted, why not?

I would like to get into submitting more game predictions, and I would like a more clear idea of why games are, or are not accepted.

So I was just able to place a "live" and "halftime" bet on Golden state.

In the past, when I saw a sports bet for a game in progress that had the "closing date" set for the end of the game, I was unable to bet it.

However, now, I was able to both place open odds and take odds that were already on the board.

Is this a change in policy? Will this be a regular thing, or was this an anomaly?

In either case, I love it! Please make all sports bets like this. I suspect open odds will be taken on and off during game time, so one would have to refresh the page quite abit, but during commercials, quarter changes, and halftime, there should be no reason for people not to pile in their odds.

Grin

In either case, some clarity on this would be appreciated. Over a week ago, I submitted this question both in email to support, on the "forum" on the fairlay website, and here.
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:23:40 PM

Still up and running with great odds, that's cool!

Some feedback, though:
1) The site is and always has been quite slow
2) Markets that go in play ahead of time (and, therefore, lines disappear) take a very long time to appear as empty in lists. Only once you click on the event does it go away in the list. You're probably caching the lists, but it really takes more than a reasonable amount of time.
OdhinsEye

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 05:52:01 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 09:48:17 PM by OdhinsEye

Looks like I got excited too soon. No live college games, and my submitted games have never been accepted.

Also, it looks like fairlay support have taken the month of December off. Haven't heard a peep out of them anywhere.

Seriously though, this is starting to piss me the frack off.
There is no gods damned reason I can't put a game in ahead of time and have the closing date close to the resolution date so that I can get good quarter and halftime bets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: