Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:08:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds  (Read 135271 times)
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:42:29 AM

Getting this quite often:

This is odd! Has any other user the same problem? We have never seen it. What browser do you use?

When it happened I checked in both Chrome and Firefox, and it was the same. A few minutes later the odds appeared again. It's happened more than once. Maybe it's the market maker adjusting the odds? Doesn't explain why it says there is still a lot of unmatched though.
bobbo54113

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:36:57 AM

just thought I would come and vouch that this site really is a great site to bet on. I have a bit of BTC stored here and consistently active in bets. Love it!
bensam12345

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:17:47 PM

Fairlay - prediction market/betting exchange
if you like pinnaclesport's odds you will love our odds

We are the Bitcoin only betting exchange that brings you the best odds in the industry. Our combination of a 0% fee policy, strong market makers, and automation friendly UI (API) are the foundation of our outstanding odds and liquidity.

• Betting exchange - bet against users, not against the house
  • 0.00% fees on sport bets
  • we have strong market makers that provide better odds than pinnacle with about the same liquidity
  • no account needed
  • API for market makers and other professionals or hackers: fairlay.com/api

Welcome to Fairlay

We have a big range of sport events

But also stuff around the Bitcoin world

You don't need an account to place a bet

You could also use the API that allows our market makers to always offer the best odds

And we usually beat them all! Compare the odds for yourself!

Contact us:

Twitter: @fairlayDev
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fairlay
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/TeamFairlay/

Read about us on:

Cryptocoinnews
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/interview-fairlay-prediction-market-replace-bitcoin-bookies/2014/02/15
Fairlay.com doesn’t want to be another automated bookie, Fairlay seeks to crowd-source information by providing a totally open prediction market.  Functioning more like a conditional exchange, the website not only allows users to bet but to see public confidence on various bitcoin and altcoin related events, as well as sports, and YouTube views.

Coindesk:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-predict-future
"How prediction markets
In a typical prediction market, users make a bet, in some form or another. On Fairlay, for example, a user may simply state a prediction, and give odds, and wait for another user to match that bet."

or Bitcoin.de: (German)
http://bitcoinblog.de/2014/06/30/mit-bitcoins-auf-wm-spiele-wetten/

What users say about us:

These are great odds.

great odds, looking good, I'm trying..

Nice website, love it.
Keep up the good work!

Ive made a good chunk on the difficulty bets.

Fairlay - 5
I had a very unique experience with this site: Around a week ago, my computer was infected with a trojan that presumably stole all my sessions and cookies. The attacker proceeded to sift through my various online accounts and requested withdrawals to his address on all my bitcoin-related accounts; I had around 2BTC on fairlay. When I noticed this the next day, I immediately sent an email to Fairlay asking not to process the withdrawal. I received an email back stating that the withdrawal would not be sent. Unfortunately, likely through a miscommunication or the like, the withdrawal did go through and the attacker received my 2BTC, I was really devastated. To my surprise however, after I emailed support about this, the owner of the site claimed responsibility for the lack of miscommunication and completely reimbursed me the 2BTC, out of his own pocket. So that should tell you how they treat their customers Smiley
Otherwise, I like the site. In general I like the idea of a bitcoin betting exchange. In addition, the commission is really low (2% on net winnings), and the interface is really clean and user friendly.

fairlay = 5 (Good looking site, functional all the time, good odds, helpful staff)

Fairlay = 4

i like the competitive way of betting against other users.

good usability : seeing the percentages, being able to scroll up and down.

Fairly 4.5 they have potential.

ty @fairlay. the odds are indeed great

I have sent the funds that I withdrew back to my account. I can't miss prices like yours.
That would be cutting my nose off to spite my face.
 Tongue

We are a proud sponsor of Epicenter Bitcoin

https://epicenterbitcoin.com/podcast/058/

It shows the covered amount for against bet

I placed bet in covered amount  but it is still not matched https://www.fairlay.com/anonymous/18ixGGysp6btiu3q43XvDof91fgSGT9YtZ/
bensam12345

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:30:21 PM

Atleast cancel the bet then. This is a mistake from the website, i will not place the bet if i did not see the bet amount was covered.
fairlay (OP)

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 11:11:32 PM

Atleast cancel the bet then. This is a mistake from the website, i will not place the bet if i did not see the bet amount was covered.

This problem probably occurred because the game was postponed. Of course your bet will be refunded.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
bensam12345

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:06:25 AM

This problem probably occurred because the game was postponed. Of course your bet will be refunded.

Again this is wrong, I should have won the bet in the first place, now I have won the bet but received less than what i had deposited, this is wrong

https://www.fairlay.com/anonymous/18ixGGysp6btiu3q43XvDof91fgSGT9YtZ/
bensam12345

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:35:42 PM

Resolved, thanks Smiley
ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:17:56 PM

Have you guys figured out what's wrong with bets not being matched even though they should be, on normal non-postponed matches?
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:38:22 PM

Have you guys figured out what's wrong with bets not being matched even though they should be, on normal non-postponed matches?

Yes - it is not a problem of the matching algorithm but it is a caching problem. The odds (and matched amounts) you currently see on our website are cached and probably already outdated.
We will release an update very soon where you:
a) get real time information
b) see the full order book in a betfair like view.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:01:18 PM

Yes - it is not a problem of the matching algorithm but it is a caching problem. The odds (and matched amounts) you currently see on our website are cached and probably already outdated.

OK, please post an update here when it's done.
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 05:12:11 PM

Hello together,

it is not ready yet but we can give you guys a preview here: http://188.165.246.217/event/category-decimal/soccer/ (This is our test-server)

If you have any comments or wishes for this view please let us know. One thing we are thinking about is wether or not to "revert" the lay odds. Betfair does not do it so maybe people are more used to it. So the odds for lay (against) bets are the odds the backer gets. We changed it so that the "layer" actually sees what he gets. So we need to decide if we use a system that is (in our opinion) better or a system where most are used to.

mjangler

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:48:28 PM

I like the system used in your preview.  It makes more sense that I can bet on Ponferradina at 6.51 or against them at 7.157.  The old system was confusing at times.
tonyq
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:36:09 AM

I have emailed Martin at Fairlay three times in the last week....can I have a response please.
Cheers.
Tony
www.bitcoinpunter.com
ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:07:46 PM

Hello together,

it is not ready yet but we can give you guys a preview here: http://188.165.246.217/event/category-decimal/soccer/ (This is our test-server)

If you have any comments or wishes for this view please let us know. One thing we are thinking about is wether or not to "revert" the lay odds. Betfair does not do it so maybe people are more used to it. So the odds for lay (against) bets are the odds the backer gets. We changed it so that the "layer" actually sees what he gets. So we need to decide if we use a system that is (in our opinion) better or a system where most are used to.
It looks good and I agree that keeping it more similar to Betfair is better.
Are the odds also live or are they still cached?
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 01:33:58 PM

Hey - we just deployed the update. You can now switch to an betfair like view.
Also all odds on the overview pages are updated more often and if you click on a singe event you will always see the latest odds.

Please let us know what you think!

Bastketsrus

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:21:01 AM

I want to make a cashout. I listed a cashout address but it says it's not active. How do I activate my account?
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:24:49 PM

Very nice update @fairlay!  However I can't combine "League tags" & "Type tags". Anyway, great site!  Keep it up! Your odds are amazing!

Thank you! And thanks for the bug report - should be fixed now.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:28:08 PM

I want to make a cashout. I listed a cashout address but it says it's not active. How do I activate my account?

Yes - this is a additional security feature. You need to activate your cashout address. You should have received an email and you just need to click the link the activate it.

If it does not work for any reason contact us from your email you are using for Fairlay - than we can activate it manually if needed.

ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:23:31 AM

Very cool.
I'd also like to be able to sort events by matched amount, or some other mechanism to see where people are actually betting.
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:41:25 AM

deposit still not showing up after three confirmations??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: