Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:45:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds  (Read 135271 times)
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 12:38:25 PM

Looks like the owner of this site has shut it down and taken off with every ones money
lucullus

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:00:09 PM

Still nothing. Some how I managed to get in after they went rogue. Only .01 but still  Undecided
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:14:24 PM

Looks like the owner of this site has shut it down and taken off with every ones money
For real? It turned out to be a scam? I surely didn't anticipate that scenario. Now I surely won't deposit even small fracture of bitcoin online anymore. Because shit like this happen all the time... In bitcoin world 1st golden rule - never trust anyone.
lucullus

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:01:27 PM

For real? It turned out to be a scam? I surely didn't anticipate that scenario. Now I surely won't deposit even small fracture of bitcoin online anymore. Because shit like this happen all the time... In bitcoin world 1st golden rule - never trust anyone.

Thats good advice
fairlay (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 06:56:25 PM

deposit still not showing up after three confirmations??
Given the first post our answer would be:

What kind of deposit did you do? Directly to an anonymous prediction or to your user account?

Please email us (info@fairlay.com) your user account name and the address you send the Bitcoins to. If it was an anonymous prediction you can just post the link here if you like.

Your second post 55 minutes later makes me think you might just be trolling. Deposits and withdrawal are working without problems currently from our perspective - however, if there is indeed a problem we apologize but we obvious need some more information. To make this clear: Fairlay is fully running and if a bug occurs we have always solved it in reasonable time to the satisfaction of all user.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
tonyq
Legendary

Activity: 879

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:56:28 PM

Why are you posting this?
The site is still there and I'm betting with no problem!
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 08:07:08 PM

deposit still not showing up after three confirmations??
Given the first post our answer would be:

What kind of deposit did you do? Directly to an anonymous prediction or to your user account?

Please email us (info@fairlay.com) your user account name and the address you send the Bitcoins to. If it was an anonymous prediction you can just post the link here if you like.

Your second post 55 minutes later makes me think you might just be trolling. Deposits and withdrawal are working without problems currently from our perspective - however, if there is indeed a problem we apologize but we obvious need some more information. To make this clear: Fairlay is fully running and if a bug occurs we have always solved it in reasonable time to the satisfaction of all user.

I have to apologize. We found indeed a 0.01 BTC transaciton that was not recognized by our armory wallet we have running. I just send 0.05BTC to your account as a small compensation. We will write a bug report for the armory wallet because on a local version of it this transaction was detected correctly.

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
lucullus

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:21:43 PM

The deposit still has not shown up but I doubt this book is a scam like I said. I apologize for that. Ive messaged the owner and hopefully we can sort this issue out
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:00:43 AM

The owner has personally sent me 2BTC (when the price in USD was a lot higher) when my email account was compromised and due to miscommunication a withdrawal was made from Fairlay to the wrong address.
So I highly doubt he would take off after your 0.01 deposit.
lucullus

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:17:16 PM

The owner gave me 50 mBTC, 5 times my deposit while he finds an answer as to why the deposit was not successful. A part of his message;

"We have not figured out yet what is going on with this transaction. All the deposits are going directly to our cold wallet. And we have a armory watch only wallet running that should detect any incoming transactions. For some yet unknown reasons it did not detect your transaction. If we specifically ask the armory wallet for your transaction we get this message: "-ERROR - 1428609000: (BlockUtils.cpp:5808) Requested txref not on main chain (BH dupID is diff)".
We already are in contact with the Armory developers but it can take some time to fix this issue."
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:55:58 AM

Very nice update @fairlay!  However I can't combine "League tags" & "Type tags". Anyway, great site!  Keep it up! Your odds are amazing!

Thank you! And thanks for the bug report - should be fixed now.

Cool, thanks. That was fast. I like you site a lot! Looks like I won't need any bookies anymore.  Any chance you can add Rugby soon?

Thanks - indeed, this is our clear goal - to be the unquestioned number one for every one who cares about odds. And since the exchange model with 0% fees (at the moment) is already the most favourable for customers we now try to improve everything around it. Reliability of the site, speed of cash outs, user interface. So we are happy to hear feature requests!

Regarding Rugby - we plan to add another sport every 2 week. Since you are the first with a request we will add Rugby next!

ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:50:13 PM

Very nice update @fairlay!  However I can't combine "League tags" & "Type tags". Anyway, great site!  Keep it up! Your odds are amazing!

Thank you! And thanks for the bug report - should be fixed now.

Cool, thanks. That was fast. I like you site a lot! Looks like I won't need any bookies anymore.  Any chance you can add Rugby soon?

Thanks - indeed, this is our clear goal - to be the unquestioned number one for every one who cares about odds. And since the exchange model with 0% fees (at the moment) is already the most favourable for customers we now try to improve everything around it. Reliability of the site, speed of cash outs, user interface. So we are happy to hear feature requests!

Regarding Rugby - we plan to add another sport every 2 week. Since you are the first with a request we will add Rugby next!

eSports next please - the lines on pinnacle for example.
Also, I'd like to have the odds on a page auto refresh.
tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:42:26 PM

Can the Man City v West Ham game be graded please!
It finished quite a while ago now.
 Huh
tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:22:42 PM

Now getting concerned.
The game finished over 3 hours ago.
Normally graded within 30 minutes.
No response to two emails either.
 Embarrassed
lucullus

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:46:33 PM

Hello Fairlay I am curious as to what happened to my deposit, please message me
tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:48:23 PM

My bet has been settled now....but a long wait.
Why was that Mr Fairlay?
Because I went all in on the bet I was waiting for it to be graded so I could back Napoli and didn't get to.
And of course.....they won.
 Sad
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 05:55:55 PM

Why was that Mr Fairlay?
 Sad

Hey Tony,

sorry - that just happens from time to time. The settlement is done automatically based on an external data feed. It just happens from time to time that is takes up to several hours until we get the correct data. There is little we can do about it other than choosing a different data feed.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 06:00:52 PM

Hello Fairlay I am curious as to what happened to my deposit, please message me

Well - your transaction discovered a bug in the Armory wallet (because it was not detected by it). We credited you a significant higher amount as a compensation but deleted the transaction from our system. The guys from Armory will hopefully fix it soon so that it will not happen again. If it does - we are here to help and to get everything right.

tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:04:02 PM

Why was that Mr Fairlay?
 Sad

Hey Tony,

sorry - that just happens from time to time. The settlement is done automatically based on an external data feed. It just happens from time to time that is takes up to several hours until we get the correct data. There is little we can do about it other than choosing a different data feed.
I would berate and then change your current data feed people.
No way, in the year 2015, can they justify taking 3 hours.
It would be faster by carrier pigeon!
fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 04:55:37 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 05:49:21 AM by fairlay

We had a anonymous user who got really lucky today. He wanted to place a 132BTC bet on villarreal (vs. cordoba). However - when he send the Bitcoins to the bet address for around 70minutes no block was found. So when the transaction finally was accepted the game already stared and the bet became never active. So this user was lucky and another user who's bet remained unmatched was unlucky.

So obviously it would be nice if we could proceed transactions faster and accept them already with 0 conf. However - we all know that 0 conf transactions are not secure at all but there might be solutions to accept them. One example is greenaddress.it
So our question is how many of you use greenaddress? Is it worth the effort for us to integrate them and allow 0conf transactions from them?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: