Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot  (Read 72509 times)
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 02:28:45 PM

After further experimentation, and I understand this would change the bots strategy fundamentally, perhaps the ability for the bot to execute trades if the threshold is met after 1 period instead of two. For certain types of traders this would be very useful.

Before I get asked, I am saying this would change the bot because it wouldn't really be following a trend with only one reference, so it would really be a new type of bot taht would be useful in this volatile market. Perhaps the same effect could be reached using this bot but shorter time periods.

Best.
The original theory ([url href=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0;topicseen]Goomboo's Journal[/url]) said nothing of waiting for two periods.  The purpose of the two EMAs is that you are indeed comparing a trend.   I believe the reason the original author of this bot implemented the two period waiting time is to avoid whipsaw trades.

Yes, I agree. As Understand it however, the periods however establish the trend because one measure does not constitue a trend, you would need at least 2 periods. This is another reason why 3o minute time periods would be useful.

I am placing a bounty on this bot: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=188349.msg1951417#msg1951417

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:08:36 PM

Well... to get a true EMA you need to calculate something like 2.5x the periods anyway for exactly this reason.  So for example for a 10 bar EMA would would/should actually go back ~30 bars  to get a 'true' value.

That is also why you have a fast and slow, by comparison they show the trend.  The time window of the trend is then adjusted by your EMA values.  If you want your 'trend' to react sooner then your fast EMA would be shorter. 

You also need to space them (difference between fast and slow EMAs) properly.  This is where the backtesting the Goomboo was talking about comes in.  And this (lack of) backtesting is exactly why I have not ported this bot to goxtool yet :/

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 02:15:22 PM

Well... to get a true EMA you need to calculate something like 2.5x the periods anyway for exactly this reason.  So for example for a 10 bar EMA would would/should actually go back ~30 bars  to get a 'true' value.

That is also why you have a fast and slow, by comparison they show the trend.  The time window of the trend is then adjusted by your EMA values.  If you want your 'trend' to react sooner then your fast EMA would be shorter. 

You also need to space them (difference between fast and slow EMAs) properly.  This is where the backtesting the Goomboo was talking about comes in.  And this (lack of) backtesting is exactly why I have not ported this bot to goxtool yet :/

Interesting data, thank you Smiley.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:59:18 AM

anyway to throw in some code as a failsafe in the event the price is read incorrectly from the gox api?  Seems the decimal point is off a bit sometimes Wink

ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:38:47 PM

AFAIR prices from the API return in integers not decimals, so if it is a problem with the API then :/

Possibly it is a problem with the ema calcs?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
kyser20

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 03:32:21 PM

Has anyone figured out the fix for the increased frequency mod? I really want to put it to use with getting info every minute.

Also, Check out my lottery! 99% goes to the winner! plus a .2 BTC bonus since this is the first lottery  Smiley
www.bitcoinlottery.co
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 03:48:00 PM

Has anyone figured out the fix for the increased frequency mod? I really want to put it to use with getting info every minute.

Also, Check out my lottery! 99% goes to the winner! plus a .2 BTC bonus since this is the first lottery  Smiley
www.bitcoinlottery.co

I paid for a custom mod of the bot that made a lot of improvements, including that one. Maybe thats the way to go for you.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Tobius

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:32:49 PM

www.bitcoinlottery.co

I paid for a custom mod of the bot that made a lot of improvements, including that one. Maybe thats the way to go for you.

Any chance of a release of that Tongue lol

Anyone know an (possibly free) alternative to this bot? It's really nice, but I'd like for a custom trade frequency (specifically 1/2 hour intervals in case the trend shift back and forward)
virtimus

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:25:22 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 09:45:37 PM by virtimus

Right now I'm playing a little bit with this bot Smiley

Quite nice piece of soft.

Already modified it slightly to play with only "offset" of account money (to left certain amount of BTC untouched, still all fiat amount to buy BTC).

For the bug You are mentioning (strange prices) - should be easy to just eliminate/average peaks in price - have to check - as it is already working on my Gox account Smiley

Oh - just saw it selling - "BTC offset" seems to work.

If anyone interested - I can put the source on github when It's more tested/stable
Tobius

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:08:58 PM

Very much so Tongue
virtimus

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:22:25 AM

Currency for "getTrades" was not explicity specified like this: "getTrades.php?Currency=USD&since=..."
This caused a problem when I tried to switch to other currency...
Bot got stupid and sold - I am 0.01 BTC back Sad

So - my current mods:

- bot waits only 1 hour to confirm trend (tested)
- other currency possible (partially tested)
- selling only offset of BTC (tested)
- eliminating peaks in price (just by eliminating price when it's times more or less than previous - untested as I've not found the case)

I think it would be also possible to made trade frequency changeable by param in code - just dont need it for now Smiley

I'll wait yet if it works and put it on github for others to play.
Stampbit

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:57:52 PM

Oh, does this mean google can sync my cloud up to my bot?
Tobius

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:45:24 AM

Oh, does this mean google can sync my cloud up to my bot?

doen't seem to, and I have a Chromebook >.>

Plus, not too sure it'd be a good idea with multiple insistences of the bot running at once Tongue
virtimus

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:07:25 PM

https://github.com/virtimus/GoxTradingBot

Read the "readme.md" and CHANGE constants in background.js file before playing with this mod.
virtimus

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:45:23 PM

played yet a little - I wanted to have some chart on it here it is:

http://i43.tinypic.com/9a45sm.png

It's nasty and draft - but for me enough.
Someone want's it in extension ? Please make a donation 0.1 BTC to 13eJdr8ndc3MJAeHGpVTNMPUtTGE8ANHpL
I think I can also do a visual simulation of different EMA long/short values - another 0.1 BTC Smiley
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 07:50:21 PM

I am selling a completely rewritten version of this bot here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197175.new#new

The following features are included:

1. The code has been completely rewritten in JQuery.
2. The bot is now completely stable, I have had it running for 2 weeks, it doesn't crash anymore.
3. You can set different trading windows, 1 minute, 15 minutes, 30 minties, 45 minutes and 1 hour.
4. You can set two different threshold for buy and sell commands. You will be notified when the EMA value passes threshold 1 but the bot will only trade after the EMA value has passed threshold 2. Thats 2 threshold for buy and 2 thresholds for sell that you can set.
5. The bot now displays a beautiful graph to show you the trend.
6. There is an arrow on the display showing whether the trend is going up or down.
7. The bot will EMAIL YOU once a threshold has been crossed and once a trade has been made (beta), please note you need a FREE account at postmarkapp.com, which grants you 10,000 free emails, thats about 8 years worth of free bot operation.

Upcoming:

1. Segregation of funds on MTGOX, trade only what you want to trade.

Check out the thread or PM me for details.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:40:52 PM

I have just bought a copy of the software and received it. Will post review within the next week.
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 09:11:19 PM

A sneak preview of the next version. The main difference from the current one is that it will include and ARBITRAGE bot aside from the TRADING bot.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
virtimus

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:28:59 PM

fible1 - is Your bot still open source ? Is it nice to make someone else's work closed ?
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 09:37:21 PM

fible1 - is Your bot still open source ? Is it nice to make someone else's work closed ?

If you read the post before getting angry, and checked my thread, you know that you can decompile the extension and get the source.

Also the code is RADICALLY different and has many many features the original didn't have, it is in essence a different bot, the trading concept is the same however.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: