Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:14:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot  (Read 72509 times)
KoKos

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:09:26 AM

I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

Is it possible to make it remember the previous buy/sell price so that it won't make dumb decisions?

Also i see some of you are trying to make this a high frequency bot instead of 2hours. I'm interested in how that's working out.

Dzieki Piotr za zajebisty program.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 12:11:33 AM

I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

Is it possible to make it remember the previous buy/sell price so that it won't make dumb decisions?

Also i see some of you are trying to make this a high frequency bot instead of 2hours. I'm interested in how that's working out.

Yeah I thought the inverse of EMA 21, EMA 10 would be better at the moment but the bot wont take those settings  Huh

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:19:10 AM

I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

Yeah I thought the inverse of EMA 21, EMA 10 would be better at the moment but the bot wont take those settings  Huh

This has actually already been said IN THIS THREAD, but since I wish to procrastinate my school work even further, here it is again:

Go read the Goomboo's Journal thread.  ALL OF IT.  You WILL LOSE MORE OFTEN THAN YOU WIN using that system.  GOOMBOO SAID THAT HIMSELF.

The point of having a trading SYSTEM is that the aggregate of your trades ends you up with a profit after an arbitrary amount of time sticking to the system.  Unless you want to be a professional trader, you probably should spend your time elsewhere.
If you just want to make a couple good big trades by using any kind of logical analysis -- you already missed the boat on that.  The ONLY help you will get on THAT at this point is pure luck.  Sort of like how I missed the boat on the early easy mining.
Sad, but true.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 10:32:39 AM

I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

Yeah I thought the inverse of EMA 21, EMA 10 would be better at the moment but the bot wont take those settings  Huh

This has actually already been said IN THIS THREAD, but since I wish to procrastinate my school work even further, here it is again:

Go read the Goomboo's Journal thread.  ALL OF IT.  You WILL LOSE MORE OFTEN THAN YOU WIN using that system.  GOOMBOO SAID THAT HIMSELF.

The point of having a trading SYSTEM is that the aggregate of your trades ends you up with a profit after an arbitrary amount of time sticking to the system.  Unless you want to be a professional trader, you probably should spend your time elsewhere.
If you just want to make a couple good big trades by using any kind of logical analysis -- you already missed the boat on that.  The ONLY help you will get on THAT at this point is pure luck.  Sort of like how I missed the boat on the early easy mining.
Sad, but true.

I've read Goomboo's journal my post was stating how the bot won't let me put in EMA 21, EMA 10.

BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:16:21 AM

I've read Goomboo's journal my post was stating how the bot won't let me put in EMA 21, EMA 10.

The default bot doesn't let you put it in, beside of 1000 other things which are not supported by this bot, because it's a bot for the referenced trading strategy, and what you expect from the current bot is not matching with this strategy. So it shouldn't be surprising that it doesn't work or even be a cause for being disappointed or even complaining about anything.

However, if you would like to change the bot behavior just look into the code and modify it to your needs, or ask nicely if someone is so kindly to guide you what you have to change.  

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
sukiho

Activity: 514

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:00:40 PM

just go into the code and change the buy to sell and sell to buy, and let us know how it goes
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 12:05:06 PM

just go into the code and change the buy to sell and sell to buy, and let us know how it goes

I've not done any programming in ten years now and then it was C and Assembly so don't think I know how to do that  Huh

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 01:08:41 PM

MODIFICATION OF THE BOT NEEDED

Offering 0.5BTC reward to whoever will modify the bot as follows and post it as an installable extension:

- Interval: 10 minutes (VWAP based preferred)
- EMA intervals freely configurable from 0 to 200
- calculation over the last 250 timeframes

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 01:50:05 PM

Offering 0.5BTC reward to whoever will modify the bot as follows and post it as an installable extension:

I'll add 0.5BTC if you make the EMA configurable from 200 to 0 to 200 and make the time Interval adjustable from 5/10 minutes up to 24hrs.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:26:53 PM

You should just request it for free, offering 0.5BTC is just showing absolute disrespect to anyone capable of modifying the code.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:33:41 PM

You should just request it for free, offering 0.5BTC is just showing absolute disrespect to anyone capable of modifying the code.

sorry if you feel that way.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 08:04:43 PM

sorry if you feel that way.

There has been lots of interest in this bot by people who can't hack so maybe they should also chip into the pot to make the bounty reasonable as I understand anyone who would donate 20BTC+ to have this bot upgraded would probably just buy their own bot.  So maybe other people who are interested should chip in so a reasonable bounty can be offered as it can be used by anyone.

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 09:50:13 PM

Which reminds me, can anyone explain to me in general, how to acquire the source code for any Chrome extension?

I've already got the code for the bot, but only because piotr posted a link to a .zip

I googled my question above, but the best info / instructions I can find seem to be based on an older version of Chrome...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Clipse

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:45:48 PM

did the bot prematurely sell some bitcoins true ?

Eh? even using high frequency trading its been holding due to current range.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 07:48:59 PM

It could have, if you messed up with the settings.
My testing bot is running on the default settings and it has been holding BTC since Sunday 1pm GMT

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Clipse

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:05:38 PM

It could have, if you messed up with the settings.
My testing bot is running on the default settings and it has been holding BTC since Sunday 1pm GMT

Same even at high frequency it just held on during the recent rocketing every now and then allmost hitting my targets to sell Tongue

Joshwaa

Activity: 497

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 03:46:10 PM

Just following. Thanks.

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 06:42:11 AM

So far so good and it looks like the bot works   Grin  I've made ~8% profit in just over two weeks of first using the bot  Cheesy  Hope it can keep up that kind of performance  Tongue

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:51:34 AM

Bad that I can't make heads or tails of economic theory outside of "buy low, sell high," but I immediately figure that I should have used affect instead of effect in my post. Why am I trading again? Roll Eyes

A wise man taught me "buy low, sell high" is a fool's game. "Buy high, sell higher" is much less like gambling.  Grin

I might have a go at the bot's code. Probably not super effective if too many people trade the same exact bot - once it gets noticed it becomes really easy for astute players to game.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 06:59:05 AM

Bad that I can't make heads or tails of economic theory outside of "buy low, sell high," but I immediately figure that I should have used affect instead of effect in my post. Why am I trading again? Roll Eyes

A wise man taught me "buy low, sell high" is a fool's game. "Buy high, sell higher" is much less like gambling.  Grin

I might have a go at the bot's code. Probably not super effective if too many people trade the same exact bot - once it gets noticed it becomes really easy for astute players to game.

You can change the basic parameters of the bot but I don't think it works too well on very long EMA settings  Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: