Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701214 times)
Chevy_Roadster

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 12:34:44 AM

Hi Patrike

New Xmrig 5.4.0 with randomsfx support  https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releases/tag/v5.4.0
Can you please add Randomsfx algo and zergpool pool for this algo.

Thanks in adavance and have a great Christmas time.  Best wishes to all other miners Wink
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 11:23:55 AM

Hi all,

I've not dual mined eth + whatever for a whole year at least. Has anyone gotten Gminer / NBMiner to dual mine with "Managed Profit Miner" in AM?

I somehow couldn't get it working automatically and wonder if I missed anything.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2019, 01:20:31 PM

Hi Patrike, I have not written to you for a long time, you are doing a great job as always, I remind you of an old request from me and I propose a new one.

Old request:

Know in statistics the times you make profit change in 24 hours and for each moment. To determine if that percentage of mining of a coin has done it in 1 change or in 30. It would help me to make better decisions

The other request is an improvement on something existing. I mean temperature control, which is going very well but I explain.

I use both methods, both the general by TDP with its two options and also the core reduction. My scheme is as follows

TDP 1 limitation: 72 degrees, you under the TDP

TDP 2 limitation: 74 degrees, even more under the TDP

Temperature limitation in each OC or core, I have it at 76 degrees

What is the problem ?, Well, it works well, but is constantly jumping temperature. I have a card that according to the Algorithm gets very hot and is always dancing the temperature of 72 to 76 degrees. Because what happens that when it falls to 71 or 72 the limitations are removed and reheated, when it is heated, the limitations are activated and the temperature is lowered, but then the limitations are removed and again heated. I think that so much temperature change, TDP and core can be even bad.

The idea or solution I see simple. If a card activates a temperature limit for example TDP 1, this limit remains active until it changes algorithm or currency. This way we avoid getting the cards receiving a constant change of TDP and CORE all the time. It is logical that if it reaches TDP 1 and 2 and the temperature drops, if we remove the limitation it warms up again. That's why I think it's a better idea to keep the limitations until you change your currency. That way the temperature would be more stable, and I wouldn't be hitting jumps all the time between 72 and 76 as is my case, I don't want it to reach 76 every time.

I hope it is understood and that you see it well as an idea, the implementation is very easy, basically because almost everything is done, just keep limitations until currency exchange, with which the temperature will not be jumping, we are not changing TDP and CORE several times per minute to the card

Hi patrike, happy holidays. I would like you to tell me something about the suggestion I made.

I think the implementation is very easy, 90% is done. It is only to maintain the limitations if they are reached and even if the temperature drops, keep those limitations. Only if you change currency or make a change would you reset

Believe me that I have several cards constantly dancing between 72 and 76 and I do not like anything, and if under the OC it is for the entire Rig, while if a card reaches a limitation, it keeps it, instead of constantly activating and deactivating the limitations and producing a temperature dance. I have already broken one of those cards and I think it's because of the continuous dance, because it always reached the maximum, it went down to 71, it went back up, so 24 hours every day. Too much stress for the card.
Thanks for the additional comments.

Right now there is a limit of 30 seconds between the Power Limit changes. This will only prevent some of the changes - but I understand your point that it still can be too many. Maybe the change should be like this:
- The Power Limit can be decreased no more frequently than 30 seconds after last Power Limit change
- The Power Limit can be increased no more frequently than 5 minutes after last Power Limit change.

This would make the Power Limit go down as fast as today - but it will not be increased so fast again. It will stay on a lower level for some time before it even attempts to go back. So instead of possibly 120 changes per hours as you could have today, this concept would give about 11-12 changes per hour.

This concept would work fine even if you would be mining for a longer period of time - as you don't have to wait for a profit switch. It would also be working for those that doesn't do profit switching and runs the same mining software and pool all the time.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2019, 01:24:02 PM

little side question

"System Tools" - "Execute remote command"
is it possible to use this to (for example) mount network or change user PW on windows?

i tried "cmd.exe net use...." without parameters and also only "cmd" and put net use... into parameters...nothing worked --- how can i use this feature to add windows command line commands
cmd.exe can typically be used with the flags /c to execute commands. Please try something like:
/c net use...

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2019, 01:27:05 PM

Hi Patrike

New Xmrig 5.4.0 with randomsfx support  https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releases/tag/v5.4.0
Can you please add Randomsfx algo and zergpool pool for this algo.

Thanks in adavance and have a great Christmas time.  Best wishes to all other miners Wink
I've just pushed a software definition update for the latest XmRig and also included this algorithm. It should also work fine with ZergPool next time the Online Service list is refreshed.

Thanks and have a great Christmas you too!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2019, 01:35:26 PM

Hi all,

I've not dual mined eth + whatever for a whole year at least. Has anyone gotten Gminer / NBMiner to dual mine with "Managed Profit Miner" in AM?

I somehow couldn't get it working automatically and wonder if I missed anything.
NbMiner should work with dual mining, but unfortunately I've not yet a chance to enable dual mining for Gminer.

nordmann666

Activity: 361
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 01:48:59 PM

is there a problem with mapping cards to hashrate or something like that that no one told until?

https://ibb.co/Nn9SkrX

the "Performance" tab dont show the right GPU

the same shows in "Map to system monitoring"
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 06:37:06 PM

is there a problem with mapping cards to hashrate or something like that that no one told until?

Try to restart the rig and restart the awesomeminer.
I have the same issue before when the hashrate of the other card is in lower GPU and the lower hashrate is in the high-end GPU. I just rebooted the whole rig and restart and it detects my cards properly in the right position. Also, check the mapping try to play on those settings and change the position of other cards.
nordmann666

Activity: 361
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 06:44:17 PM

I have the same issue before when the hashrate of the other card is in lower GPU and the lower hashrate is in the high-end GPU. I just rebooted the whole rig and restart and it detects my cards properly in the right position. Also, check the mapping try to play on those settings and change the position of other cards.

have 20 rigs with 6,8 and 12 cards...dont want to "try" - want to know how to fix this without wasting hours of time
btw. restarted rigs and awesome many times since i saw this problem first time - it looks like the problem exist only on AMD rigs
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 01:18:41 AM

Hi all,

NbMiner should work with dual mining, but unfortunately I've not yet a chance to enable dual mining for Gminer.

Thanks Patrike, have been able to get NBMiner to bench ckb+ethash, with a few issues though.

The dual hashrate been recorded by default has been inversed, say, I have 85 MH/s for Eth and 1.2GH/s for Eaglesong, the benchmark will read and record
Code:
Eaglesong (Dual: 85MH/s)
Ethhash (Dual: 1.2GH/s)

I'm not sure if that's due to NBminer, when dual mining, it uses eaglesong as primary and ethash as secondary and made the metrics mixed up but I do suspect it to be the culprit.

The dual hashrate and revenue from Eaglesong does not get taken into consideration in profit switching calculation, somehow even when populated with non "0" benchmarks into keccak, lbry, ckb 's dual mining hashrate in profit profiles, the Profit Switching tab for the miner still only lists 2 2ndary algos in my case:

Code:
(incl. Blake 2b:....)
(incl. Tensority:....)

and thus, it won't start dual mining ckb+eth as it isn't in the profitability list.
I have even just enabled only the eth and ckb pool in the profit profile to confirm the behaviour.
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 09:19:21 AM

hello patrike,
I think it would be great if you could add a feature that will allow us to modify the profit estimate stats from profit switching pools, using a C# script or a custom formula.
then instead of using "current estimate/24hr estimate/24hr actual" for profit switching we could use some complicated formulas to improve the profit estimate accuracy - for example, the profit switcher could use arithmetic mean of current estimate and actual 24hr profit, and so on.

what do you think about this?

also, there's a bug with ProHashing 24hr actual profit stats. the values should be multiplied by 1000 to be correct.

thank you
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2019, 02:24:13 AM

have 20 rigs with 6,8 and 12 cards...dont want to "try" - want to know how to fix this without wasting hours of time
btw. restarted rigs and awesome many times since i saw this problem first time - it looks like the problem exist only on AMD rigs
Hi,
Which mining software is this?

What is a bit difficult for Awesome Miner is to figure out the order of the GPU's reported by the mining software. In many cases you need to resolve it manually via the "Map to system monitoring" dialog. Not only to enable the mapping, but also to use this dialog to move the GPU's up or down in the list to match the hashrates reported from the mining software.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2019, 03:08:34 AM

Hi all,

Thanks Patrike, have been able to get NBMiner to bench ckb+ethash, with a few issues though.

The dual hashrate been recorded by default has been inversed, say, I have 85 MH/s for Eth and 1.2GH/s for Eaglesong, the benchmark will read and record
Code:
Eaglesong (Dual: 85MH/s)
Ethhash (Dual: 1.2GH/s)

I'm not sure if that's due to NBminer, when dual mining, it uses eaglesong as primary and ethash as secondary and made the metrics mixed up but I do suspect it to be the culprit.

The dual hashrate and revenue from Eaglesong does not get taken into consideration in profit switching calculation, somehow even when populated with non "0" benchmarks into keccak, lbry, ckb 's dual mining hashrate in profit profiles, the Profit Switching tab for the miner still only lists 2 2ndary algos in my case:

Code:
(incl. Blake 2b:....)
(incl. Tensority:....)

and thus, it won't start dual mining ckb+eth as it isn't in the profitability list.
I have even just enabled only the eth and ckb pool in the profit profile to confirm the behaviour.

Thanks for the details. I did identified a scenario where NbMiner dual mining reported the hashrate incorrectly thanks to the details you provided. I will also investigate the other case.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2019, 03:24:04 AM

hello patrike,
I think it would be great if you could add a feature that will allow us to modify the profit estimate stats from profit switching pools, using a C# script or a custom formula.
then instead of using "current estimate/24hr estimate/24hr actual" for profit switching we could use some complicated formulas to improve the profit estimate accuracy - for example, the profit switcher could use arithmetic mean of current estimate and actual 24hr profit, and so on.

what do you think about this?

also, there's a bug with ProHashing 24hr actual profit stats. the values should be multiplied by 1000 to be correct.

thank you
Good point about the profit switcher. I will consider this request.

Thanks for the comment about Prohashing 24h actual as well, I will correct that.

narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 05:06:09 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2019, 01:15:06 PM by narousberg

Hi community!

i want to use HiveOS as operating system for my mining rig and control, overclocking and switching over AwesomeMiner.
but i have a problem to disable autostart in HiveOS configured miner. (in fly sheet)
How to prevent autostart?

upd: solved, simple rename rig.conf file

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
GKumaran

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 06:02:15 AM

Awesome Miner Version 7.2.3

Features
  - Dynamic update of coin statistics can convert the exchange rate even if specified in other coins than BTC

How do i use this feature ?

1. api : https://api.coingecko.com/api/v3/simple/price?ids=turtlecoin&vs_currencies=eth
2. json property : turtlecoin.eth
3. arithmetic : helper.ExchangeFrom("ETH")

Error : Unable to read value
narousberg
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 01:57:18 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2019, 03:04:39 PM by narousberg

@patrike

Hi boss
looks like AwesomeMiner client for Linux not work properly if installed as a service. After restart/reboot, service not properly manage GPU overclocking, i can only manage power & fan, but not core clock and memory clock.
If i stop service and start again manualy, i can manage fan, power, core, memory.
How to solve this problem?

Linux platform: HiveOS  0.6-105 (on USB flash drive)
Rig: NVIDIA 8 x 2080TI
Drivers: 440.31

narousberg
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 10:56:00 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2019, 02:51:28 AM by narousberg

in /lib/systemd/system i have found awesome.service file where you define order when and after which step awesome service must be started:
i see: After=network.target
and this is wrong, HiveOS not ready at this point with GPU initialization. Starting of awesome agent must be later (i dont know when)
I have try: After=hive.service but this not started service automatic. But if i start service manualy after that, all works good.
We need better starting point for awesome.service.

[Unit]
Description=Awesome Miner Remote Agent
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/awesomeminer-remoteagent/AwesomeMiner.RemoteAgent.Linux
Restart=on-failure
KillMode=process

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

upd: Solved!

simple add a pause before service start. For my 8 GPU rig i needed extra 50 sec. delay to properly initialize all GPUs (if you guys have rigs with more cards or general slow system, simple increase delay)

I have added one string in [Service] section in awesome.service file:

[Service]
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 50

Maybe developers of Awesome miner linux agent do some improvements and we see better solution in the next releases...
Regards

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2019, 08:22:27 AM

Awesome Miner Version 7.2.3

Features
  - Dynamic update of coin statistics can convert the exchange rate even if specified in other coins than BTC

How do i use this feature ?

1. api : https://api.coingecko.com/api/v3/simple/price?ids=turtlecoin&vs_currencies=eth
2. json property : turtlecoin.eth
3. arithmetic : helper.ExchangeFrom("ETH")

Error : Unable to read value
Almost - please change from
Code:
helper.ExchangeFrom("ETH")
to
Code:
* helper.ExchangeFrom("ETH")

The expression field is an operation to perform on the value you read. An expression can be like "* 1.2" to increase a value with 20%. In this case it's an expression to multiply the value with the exchange rate of ETH. The result is that you get the Turtlecoin value expressed in ETH, then multiply it with the ETH exchange rate (relative BTC). The result will be the Turtlecoin exchange rate expressed in BTC.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2019, 08:23:53 AM

upd: Solved!

simple add a pause before service start. For my 8 GPU rig i needed extra 50 sec. delay to properly initialize all GPUs (if you guys have rigs with more cards or general slow system, simple increase delay)

I have added one string in [Service] section in awesome.service file:

[Service]
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 50

Thanks for all detailed feedback and good that you found a workaround. I will look into this scenario to find a better way for Remote Agent to handle it.

Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: