May 14, 2024, 07:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:57:36 PM

Nice so I just started looking into Silkcoin and is there a darkmarket for this coin? Or is there just a marketplace built in with the wallet? I am just curious as to everything this coin has going on for it cause it looks alright from what I can tell Cheesy Cheers

I believe all these things are in the works. First WORKING decentralized anonymous market. The mind boggles..
I am picking up all the Silkcoin i can without pushing price too high, it's not easy.
Ya I've noticed that as well that there isn't really much that can be bought without pushing the price noticeably up lol But I'm down got my wallet syncing right now and going to scoop some more up Cheesy Sweet thanks mate Cheesy

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:49:19 PM

Nice so I just started looking into Silkcoin and is there a darkmarket for this coin? Or is there just a marketplace built in with the wallet? I am just curious as to everything this coin has going on for it cause it looks alright from what I can tell Cheesy Cheers

I believe all these things are in the works. First WORKING decentralized anonymous market. The mind boggles..
I am picking up all the Silkcoin i can without pushing price too high, it's not easy.

So you will pay them much more. We are holding those silk more than BTC... that should say something!
 Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:48:47 PM

Just a couple more questions to make sure that I got everything down for this coin.  What are stormnodes? Are they like masternodes? And if so what is the requirement to have a stormnode? Next is the POS static reward of only 1 coin per block now? And is this coin only POS now or is there still POW going on for it?  If someone could help me out with these questions that would be awesome Cheesy Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Empinel

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:53:06 PM

Just a couple more questions to make sure that I got everything down for this coin.  What are stormnodes? Are they like masternodes? And if so what is the requirement to have a stormnode? Next is the POS static reward of only 1 coin per block now? And is this coin only POS now or is there still POW going on for it?  If someone could help me out with these questions that would be awesome Cheesy Cheers

1) Yes, they are the same, except that DarkSilk StormNodes ACTUALLY HELP in the anonymization and ACUTALLY gives proper payments

2) The coin is still undergoing designing, DARKSILK IS NOT LAUNCHED MY FRIEND! WE'RE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT GLORY!!!
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:56:20 PM

1) Yes, they are the same, except that DarkSilk StormNodes ACTUALLY HELP in the anonymization and ACUTALLY gives proper payments

2) The coin is still undergoing designing, DARKSILK IS NOT LAUNCHED MY FRIEND! WE'RE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT GLORY!!!
Well what are the specs for the coin as it is right now? Like is it straight POS or is it POW/POS? What is the % reward for staking right now and all that jazz? I only ask all this because I couldn't really find that information in the OP really standing out there to read

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Empinel

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:16:19 PM

Well what are the specs for the coin as it is right now? Like is it straight POS or is it POW/POS? What is the % reward for staking right now and all that jazz? I only ask all this because I couldn't really find that information in the OP really standing out there to read

1 DRKSLK PoS Reward Mon! (day)
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:26:54 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 06:49:06 PM by Orestes

Just a couple more questions to make sure that I got everything down for this coin.  What are stormnodes? Are they like masternodes? And if so what is the requirement to have a stormnode? Next is the POS static reward of only 1 coin per block now? And is this coin only POS now or is there still POW going on for it?  If someone could help me out with these questions that would be awesome Cheesy Cheers

Static PoS set for 4 DRKSLK per block
Block time expected to be 64 sec

Static PoS set for 2 SLK per block

DRKSLK will have sandstorm, stormnodes, instantX.
Sandstorm is a completely trustless solution, where users can achieve a high level of anonymity.
By utilising the Stormnode network, users are able to send and receive instant irreversible transactions through InstantX.

Right now only SLK can be bought on the exchanges, it has a 2% inflation rate PoS. These Silk will we swapped at a later point through something called the weaver because SLK is switching to the new DRKSLK codebase. This means that all SLKholders will need to swap their coins for new.SLK in the very near future.

I myself see DRKSLK as the gasoline in the system, while SLK is the engine oil.
Both DRKSLK and SLK will be fundamental to the Silk Network, both a great investment oppertunity.
DRKSLK once it is released, SLK right now. Welcome aboard  Cool
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:07:24 PM

Static PoS set for 4 DRKSLK per block

Static PoS set for 2 SLK per block

DRKSLK will have sandstorm, stormnodes, instantX.
Sandstorm is a completely trustless solution, where users can achieve a high level of anonymity.
By utilising the Stormnode network, users are able to send and receive instant irreversible transactions through InstantX.

Right now only SLK can be bought on the exchanges, it has a 2% inflation rate PoS. These Silk will we swapped at a later point through something called the weaver because SLK is switching to the new DRKSLK codebase. This means that all SLKholders will need to swap their coins for new.SLK in the very near future.

I myself see DRKSLK as the gasoline in the system, while SLK is the engine oil.
Both DRKSLK and SLK will be fundamental to the Silk Network, both a great investment oppertunity.
DRKSLK once it is released, SLK right now. Welcome aboard  Cool
Okay so is the DRKSLK swap going to be straight 1:1 then?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 07:18:25 PM

What is DarkSilk?
Algorithm: Scrypt
Coin Suffix: DRKSLK
PoW Period: 42,002 Blocks
PoW Target Spacing: 60 Seconds
PoW Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoW Reward per Block: 42 DRKSLK
Full Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Maturity: 42 Blocks
PoS Target Spacing: 64 Seconds
PoS Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoS Reward: 1 DRKSLK Static PoS Reward
Minimum Confirmations for Stake: 420 Blocks
PoS Min: 4 Hours
PoS Max: Unlimited
Stormnode Collateral Amount: 42000 DRKSLK
Stormnode Min Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Total Coins: 90,000,000 DRKSLK
Block Size: 10MB (10X Bitcoin Core)

With a 10MB maximum block size and 1 minute block spacing, DarkSilk can process 100x the amount of transactions compared to Bitcoin and its max block size of 1MB and 10 minute block time.
Orestes

Activity: 441

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:20:13 PM

Okay so is the DRKSLK swap going to be straight 1:1 then?

Silk to new.Silk will be 1:1
DarkSilk will be a new coin

Both are fundamental to the Silk network
bobthenager

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 07:31:52 PM

Hey guys the only computer I have access to now and likely in the foreseeable future will be a mac. Sorry to bring this up a couple diff times but I have my wallet.dat on a USB. Will there be a Mac wallet before the swap period is over so I am able to convert my silk to the new silk? If not are there any recommendations? Thought I'd have access to a PC but I will not. Thank you!
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 07:55:24 PM

Hey guys the only computer I have access to now and likely in the foreseeable future will be a mac. Sorry to bring this up a couple diff times but I have my wallet.dat on a USB. Will there be a Mac wallet before the swap period is over so I am able to convert my silk to the new silk? If not are there any recommendations? Thought I'd have access to a PC but I will not. Thank you!

Best thing to do will be to install a virtual machine on the Mac to run Ubuntu 14.04 and then build and run a Silkcoin wallet on Linux within the virtual machine. The consolation however is that there will be Mac wallets for the new Silk.
bobthenager

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 08:32:50 PM

Best thing to do will be to install a virtual machine on the Mac to run Ubuntu 14.04 and then build and run a Silkcoin wallet on Linux within the virtual machine. The consolation however is that there will be Mac wallets for the new Silk.

Nice. Would anyone mind writing a little how to on this? I know SlievensDRKSLK is super busy. Not the most tech savy out there. Thanks!
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:05:22 PM

Nice. Would anyone mind writing a little how to on this? I know SlievensDRKSLK is super busy. Not the most tech savy out there. Thanks!

Download virtualbox and install windows on it.
Then its just a matter of instaling the silk client on there.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
jaipagare

Activity: 514

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:31:43 PM

What is DarkSilk?
Algorithm: Scrypt
Coin Suffix: DRKSLK
PoW Period: 42,002 Blocks
PoW Target Spacing: 60 Seconds
PoW Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoW Reward per Block: 42 DRKSLK
Full Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Maturity: 42 Blocks
PoS Target Spacing: 64 Seconds
PoS Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoS Reward: 1 DRKSLK Static PoS Reward
Minimum Confirmations for Stake: 420 Blocks
PoS Min: 4 Hours
PoS Max: Unlimited
Stormnode Collateral Amount: 42000 DRKSLK
Stormnode Min Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Total Coins: 90,000,000 DRKSLK
Block Size: 10MB (10X Bitcoin Core)

With a 10MB maximum block size and 1 minute block spacing, DarkSilk can process 100x the amount of transactions compared to Bitcoin and its max block size of 1MB and 10 minute block time.

So when is the DarkSilk coin launch? When and how can I start mining?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 09:48:12 PM

I've been working on this since April.

When the code is ready we will enter a 1 month prelaunch.

Silkcoin->Silk swap will happen at the same time.

Look over the last few pages and you will see.
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:12:37 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 05:32:35 AM by cisahasa

what is the situation of current testing?
same chain, forked when?
current rules still same as testing git?
hard to test without source or any info..
the client, i dont need.

Like I said before Cisa, I have taken the source to a private repo to stop other coins from poaching the DarkSilk work.

you did not get my point..

btw. what parts of code are you still working with since last "public testing branch"?
if yoy want, pm the test client link..

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 11:26:07 AM

what is the situation of current testing?
same chain, forked when?
current rules still same as testing git?
hard to test without source or any info..
the client, i dont need.

Like I said before Cisa, I have taken the source to a private repo to stop other coins from poaching the DarkSilk work.

you did not get my point..

btw. what parts of code are you still working with since last "public testing branch"?
if yoy want, pm the test client link..

Ah ok. Now I understand, sorry Cisa. At the moment the code is still undergoing changes and we are going to then test in-house. Please find below the changes we have done since going private.

fixed segfault in CheckKernel
changed CTransactionPoS to inherit CTransaction
more fixes to CTransactionPoS
fixed another segfault
Cap nAttempts penalty at 8 and switch to pow instead of a division loop
Negative Stake Fix
Stake Weight Change
moved core
minor formatting
removed warnings
Added CBlockPoS
Using CTransactionPoS. Removed those methods from CTransaction
moved CTransaction & CMutableTransaction to src/primitives
Add support for watch-only addresses
Fixed ping time by removing BIP0031_VERSION
Peers display: corrected services description, sync height and ban score score display
Fixed the client subversion /DRKSLK:1.0.0/ -> DRKSLK:1.0.0
removed core.cpp/h files. code moved to src/primitives/
updated make files removed core.o and added transaction.o
Split CBlockHeader out of CBlock
Removed sync height from peers detail table view
-litemode fixes

These are just the changes committed to the private branch atm, next I have to overhaul the overviewpage, darksend, check over instantx, sort the splashscreen/icons/gui and then test.

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:46:37 PM

pay some attention to orphan rules.
those blocktimes now without autosynch.. hexx will use way more different way when we swap.
i would not remove it until hash is really up and big.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 04:41:05 PM

pay some attention to orphan rules.
those blocktimes now without autosynch.. hexx will use way more different way when we swap.
i would not remove it until hash is really up and big.

Applying some specific updates for orphans, this is in hand.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: