May 03, 2024, 08:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289446 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:42:24 AM

So where is the community that I have been doing this work for............

hybernation

Good to see some movements

Review the code and suggest changes or additions Smiley https://github.com/SCDeveloper/DarkSilk

we need earlz for that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:46:16 AM

So where is the community that I have been doing this work for............

hybernation

Good to see some movements

Review the code and suggest changes or additions Smiley https://github.com/SCDeveloper/DarkSilk

First of all, thank you SCDeveloper for the work you've done. There are many people like me who have been here from the beginning and will be here until the end (large bags weigh us down). It will take time to round up troops again. We have been quietly and patiently waiting. Now that things are in motion we should become more active, but it will take time for everybody to know that we are alive again. Just keep moving forward and people will follow.

I wish I could read code but I can't. Hopefully some skilled community members will chime in. This is about all that I understand from the github:

What is DarkSilk?

Scrypt PoW/PoS PoS Interest - 5% Annually 420,000 Blocks for PoW Phase 1 Minute Target Spacing Difficulty Retargets Every Block 42 Coins Per Block 42 Blocks for DarkSilk to be Minted/Mature 90,000,000 Total Coins

50MB Maximum Block Size (50X Bitcoin Core)

DarkSilk includes an Address Index feature, based on the address index API (searchrawtransactions RPC command) implemented in Bitcoin Core but modified implementation to work with the DarkSilk codebase (PoS coins maintain a txindex by default for instance). Initialize the Address Index by running the -reindexaddr command line argument, it may take 10-15 minutes to build the initial index.

DarkSilk only broadcasts transactions once unlike Bitcoin Core which rebroadcasts transactions which can be used to unmask and link IP addresses and transactions. However if your transaction does not successfully broadcast you can use the -resendtx console command to broadcast the transaction again.

DarkSilk implements Gavin Andresens signature cache optimisation from Bitcoin for significantly faster transaction validation.

Sandstorm Network Information Ported Masternodes from Darkcoin and rebranded as Stormnodes and modified to use stealth addresses. Darksend ported and rebranded as Sandstorm. Utilisation of InstantX for instant transaction confirmation. Multiple Stormnodes can be ran from the same IP address.

sounds exciting!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:29:03 PM

Am I understanding it correctly. There'll be 45m pre-mined for swapping and then a further 45m as PoW rewards?

No.

In the code currently it is set to a 45,000,000 DRKSLK instamine on block 1. This is set currently to a 1:1 ratio (roughly) with the current Silkcoin supply in circulation (subject to change).

There will be 420,000 where mining PoW blocks is possible as the code states (again subject to change). However PoS happens after you have 42 confirmations so not every one of those 420,000 blocks will be mined as PoW but as PoS.

If every block of the 420,000 was mined at 42 coins per block then the total coins mined would be 17,640,000 DRKSLK.

So to calculate an exact total mined is not really possible as it is down to people staking on the network and also the amount of miners on the network.

I'm not sure how I feel about a second PoW round for SILK, what's the motivation behind it? I don't hold a massive amount, but enough to wish I'd been a part of any discussion about measures that'd lead to the dilution of holders' shares. I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on it. Is this being discussed somewhere else?

In case there is a misunderstanding... There will be two coins developed together.. So darksilk will be mined.  Silk will not be for now.. Or possibly if we were to raise the supply.. But also possible that a good chunk of silk will be burned darksilk.. The weaver is not finalised.. So there's also the clams style option, block chain scanner option, standard swap option (,if it was one coin.. But its two) or my preference a burn style option.  What the original premine is intended for.  Any silk user can burn their silk dark.

Ok. I didn't realize they were separate projects and that silk will be continuing, I'll wait for more details. Thanks for clarifying. Also I enjoy your poetry.  Cool

Welcome to the thread man.. I'm either swearing, hleping folks or writing poetry. .. Ha-ha point is is that this coin is a story, an enigma, a catalyst for global recognition to surpass the previous bullshit shitty code that was the initial burst.  It was revived by the community as a whole and now growing like a tree with potential branches into all things honorable.as a currency should be..

420 peace and welcome. (-;

Thanks for the warm welcome arteleis and kudos man there aren't many people who'd have had it in them to persevere after the shit that went down here.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:45:06 PM

Bonjour and welcome SCDev, so can you explain whats going on with silk/darksilk/weaver?

I dont code so i have no opinion on whats on github, but i would like to know what the concepts are and how you see silk/darksilks future.

ps ive been here since the original dev fucked everyone over so its pretty cool to see silk rising from the ashes <3

I've a few questions along those lines too. Sorry if any of it's been covered somewhere, it's a long thread to dig through.

1. Who's the dev for Silkcoin (arteleis)?

2. What're their plans for SILK?

2. What relation will DRKSLK have to SILK? Will they interact in some way?

3. What relation does SCDeveloper have to the SilkCoin project and why have a second currency under the silk banner rather than starting a fresh project.. or if DRKSLK is part of the overal SILK project why not just bring masternodes etc. to SILK directly?

Thanks

SCDeveloper

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:31:41 PM

Bonjour and welcome SCDev, so can you explain whats going on with silk/darksilk/weaver?

I dont code so i have no opinion on whats on github, but i would like to know what the concepts are and how you see silk/darksilks future.

ps ive been here since the original dev fucked everyone over so its pretty cool to see silk rising from the ashes <3

I've a few questions along those lines too. Sorry if any of it's been covered somewhere, it's a long thread to dig through.

3. What relation will DRKSLK have to SILK? Will they interact in some way?

4. What relation does SCDeveloper have to the SilkCoin project and why have a second currency under the silk banner rather than starting a fresh project.. or if DRKSLK is part of the overal SILK project why not just bring masternodes etc. to SILK directly?

Thanks

1. I will go public on the commencement of the DarkSilk thread.

2. I have no plans for SILK or DRKSLK, that is up to the community.

I will let arteleis answer 3 and 4 Smiley
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:33:26 PM

3. What relation does SCDeveloper have to the SilkCoin project and why have a second currency under the silk banner rather than starting a fresh project.. or if DRKSLK is part of the overal SILK project why not just bring masternodes etc. to SILK directly?

Thanks

3. (2. number two lol) dark silk and silk is to a limited resource to a manufactured product of that resource..  my goal is to have a permanent swap/burn until the entire silk supply is depleted (but doubt that will happen)  beyond that there are varying factors of how the two will interrelate, but particularily in marketplaces, with software I cannot currently make public.

4. Mr scdeveloper has been paid a continuous nominal weekly salary just enough to eat and live by me for the last 6 months or so..  and yes.. post drksilk success, we will be returning to silk to upgrade the code to whatever standards are at the time, and to be compatible with the software previously mentioned.

to put it bluntly in a cryptic way.. there only a handful of brilliant developers in the world.  And to get them all on the same stage, is a challenge to say the least.  Point being.  the technology emerging in alts is monumental in many cases.. and those that do not succumb to market wolves.. will be the successors to the previous technologies.. and markets.. imo anyways. 

alts are exciting. for me Silk is part of my life forever now. my goal is to ensure a fair launch, and have mutliple angles at investment, pow mining, pos mining, stormnode mining, and burning while keeping in the poetic story of a silktrader robbed blind enroute to the grand bazaar, and after leaving finding wealth in the wisdom of the scorpion beneath the sand.

its all not just dollars and cents yall.. true wealth can include that too.. but also has the traits we are offering which is honesty, credibility, strong technology and well poetry and analogy. 

420. 42. different numbers with zero theory mixed in meaning the same thing..

The answer to all questions..

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:38:59 PM

sorry for the late reply but believe ive just answered it.  yes remember ya from the takeover thread by the notorious bholzer lol

Dimitry

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:03:12 PM

Thanks

3. (2. number two lol) dark silk and silk is to a limited resource to a manufactured product of that resource..  my goal is to have a permanent swap/burn until the entire silk supply is depleted (but doubt that will happen)  beyond that there are varying factors of how the two will interrelate, but particularily in marketplaces, with software I cannot currently make public.

4. Mr scdeveloper has been paid a continuous nominal weekly salary just enough to eat and live by me for the last 6 months or so..  and yes.. post drksilk success, we will be returning to silk to upgrade the code to whatever standards are at the time, and to be compatible with the software previously mentioned.

to put it bluntly in a cryptic way.. there only a handful of brilliant developers in the world.  And to get them all on the same stage, is a challenge to say the least.  Point being.  the technology emerging in alts is monumental in many cases.. and those that do not succumb to market wolves.. will be the successors to the previous technologies.. and markets.. imo anyways. 

alts are exciting. for me Silk is part of my life forever now. my goal is to ensure a fair launch, and have mutliple angles at investment, pow mining, pos mining, stormnode mining, and burning while keeping in the poetic story of a silktrader robbed blind enroute to the grand bazaar, and after leaving finding wealth in the wisdom of the scorpion beneath the sand.

its all not just dollars and cents yall.. true wealth can include that too.. but also has the traits we are offering which is honesty, credibility, strong technology and well poetry and analogy. 

+1000 and more

cant hardly wait Grin
SCDeveloper

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:06:41 PM

Contemplating 6 minute block timing.

Remember we have InstantX and Stormnodes.

Thoughts?
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:21:13 PM

Thoughts?

4.2 minutes lol..

but yeh possible a bit more would be good idea.  depends how long we want this coin to last for? personally i dont think ill be alive another 20 years or so lol but said that when i was 16 too.. and here i am..

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:21:38 PM

Thanks

+1000 and more

cant hardly wait Grin

love ya too bro

420 peace!

JosephToth

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:53:12 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 03:07:17 AM by JosephToth

arteleis are you the same arteleis who used to give handjobs for $8 in the men's room at the bus station in Regina?

Ha-ha good old Regina..  No it was 12 bux

Well worth it. I don't think I've found anyone since that has your combination of powerful hands with such a gentle touch.

Did I ever tell you about the time that I defrauded a bunch of people with get rich quick scams?

- Joseph Toth
SCDeveloper

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:30:54 PM

Thoughts?

4.2 minutes lol..

but yeh possible a bit more would be good idea.  depends how long we want this coin to last for? personally i dont think ill be alive another 20 years or so lol but said that when i was 16 too.. and here i am..

All jokes aside:

4.2 * 60 ?
SCDeveloper

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:48:12 PM

Not to come across pushy. But is there anything at all people want to see in terms of timings, features, any fixes they may know of or improvements that coins have made.

Remember I may be a developer but I do not keep up to date with the latest coin releases so even though you might view developers as all knowing, we're not, sadly :p

Anyway it's late here in the UK (hint) and will be back online from 8/9am GMT.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:07:59 AM

Not to come across pushy. But is there anything at all people want to see in terms of timings, features, any fixes they may know of or improvements that coins have made.

Remember I may be a developer but I do not keep up to date with the latest coin releases so even though you might view developers as all knowing, we're not, sadly :p

Anyway it's late here in the UK (hint) and will be back online from 8/9am GMT.

Nothing that can come to the top of my head really, anon seems to be covered, only thing i would like to see would be an open market for trading, but that will take time to develop, so wouldn't expect this overnight.

Anyway, can you spot the silk?  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
SCDeveloper

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:10:39 AM

Your looking at cravecoin with more fixes than bob the builder could muster in 6 months.

Some of which I mentioned I believe on the previous page.

Or on the previous previous page.

I have also been fixing the masternode code to bring it more in line with Dash or Darkcoin or whatever Smiley

The next step will be adding in masternode management from Dash, but I will be doing this after launch.

The most important thing for now is launching with timings etc that everyone in the community are happy with.

The amount of PoW blocks, PoS percentage (realistic between 1% and 7%). I have set to 5% as I believe this to be a good balance for production of new coins and is also in line more with the current banking sector. However this is something to discuss.

Basically lets just avoid any reason to hardfork Wink

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:18:15 AM

Your looking at cravecoin with more fixes than bob the builder could muster in 6 months.

Some of which I mentioned I believe on the previous page.

I have also been fixing the masternode code to bring it more in line with Dash or Darkcoin or whatever Smiley

The next step will be adding in masternode management from Dash, but I will be doing this after launch.

The most important thing for now is launching with timings etc that everyone in the community are happy with.

The amount of PoW blocks, PoS percentage (realistic between 1% and 7%). I have set to 5% as I believe this to be a good balance for production of new coins and is also in line more with the current banking sector. However this is something to discuss.

Basically lets just avoid any reason to hardfork Wink

Sounds ace. Have you guys considered just going full PoW? Would everything still work that way?

* Actually, scratch that - just realized that with it being scrypt it'd be in danger of 51% attacks unless it was merge-mined.

SCDeveloper

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:52:32 AM

Also as its scrypt I will be developing an android wallet on clearnet based on bitcoinj.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:08:22 AM

arteleis are you the same arteleis who used to give handjobs for $8 in the men's room at the bus station in Regina?

Ha-ha good old Regina..  No it was 12 bux

Well worth it. I don't think I've found anyone since that has your combination of powerful hands with such a gentle touch.

Did I ever tell you about the time that I defrauded a bunch of people with get rich quick scams?

No I was being sarcastic. I think you were thinking of arlleise.   From Regina? Truck stop?

Nope go for it. Does it have to do with pomzi shcemes and retired people?

Dimitry

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:13:54 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1032166.3140

sling coin- cryptovote is working on the inwallet market maybe he has ideas about the market.

for the inflation part 5% is ok i think especially when there will be coins burned!

there is so many things going on right now in crypto

inwalllet gaming, trading, bot, chat and what not, I think those layers could be put in later first have succesfull launch:-))
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: