May 04, 2024, 02:58:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289446 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:41:49 AM

Maybe we can get some donations running for multipool, they need 1btc at current price would be about 200K SC.

Mr.Joker already offerd 20K for multipool, I can donate 2K at current price. Who is joining the list...

I'll put in 20k
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:43:52 AM

Hi Everyone, ive been working hard on the graphics for the new wallet dashboard, and its by no means complete.
Below is a screenshot of a concept im working on at present.

As you can appreciate, there is alot of work involved in this and im currently working on new buttons and tweaking the transparency settings/fonts/colours etc to make it clear and readable. I want to use this concept for the rest of the wallet eventually, since some of the pages look like windows 95 still, but parts will need some re-coding and new form objects/design added in Qt, so im concentrating on the dashboard first and foremost.

I hope you like this desert coloured theme ive got so far:
We welcome your feedback Smiley

Excellent job, sir!  Looking very nice and clean.

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
Crypt0Keeper

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:45:13 AM

OK, so here are the two winners of the easypoll for:

Vision Statement for Silkcoin

To be the most technologically advanced cryptocurrency on the market. 27%

To become the cryptocurrency that consumers, investors, and the community can trust. 25%

Total votes: 59

I was hoping to receive more votes, but this is a good start. So my plan is to use the overall winner as Silkcoin's Vision Statement and I will use the runner-up to build Silkcoin's Mission Statement. If this is acceptable, then I will move ahead and create an easypoll for Mission Statements to be voted on. If anyone in the community objects to this, please let me know ASAP and we can find a solution. Thank you!

I voted for the runner up but the winner was my second choice so the idea to use both in some fashion is a good call on your part Smiley

Crypt0Keeper

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 02:47:42 AM

/r/silkcoinofficial LOOKS GREAT !!! niice work

+1 Very good work!

Thank you both!  I've got more to do and the first edits took me longer because I had zero prior experience modifying style sheets, haha.

While you're on reddit, upvote my request for /r/SILK at the link below.  The sooner we can get that sub, the better.  I think we're leaning on changing the ticker to SILK (based on the community feedback I've read).

http://www.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/comments/2abthu/requesting_rsilk/

Hi all,

i've been following Silk since the start. Made some money with it and reinvested most back in Silk. I still believe in this coin especially with the new team.

I'd like to vote for /r/SILK but i have no idea how it works (my reddit acoount is less than a day old lol).
I do like the /r/silkcoinofficial but i think there should be more publicity about the takeover/restart of silk so /r/SILK would be very useful

Keep up the good work guys!
Yehh..  i seem to be in the same boat.  New to reddit as well.  Need some reddit voters with stats!

Yeah, you just have to be logged on then click the upward pointing  arrow to "vote" Smiley

You guys call also upvote any comment I make.  It will help me on my way to that 500 karma I may or may not need to claim /r/SILK...

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:07:16 AM

Didn't know that, and now I do so DONE!!!
j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:09:47 AM

To become the cryptocurrency that consumers, investors, and the community can trust. 25%

I was hoping to receive more votes, but this is a good start. So my plan is to use the overall winner as Silkcoin's Vision Statement and I will use the runner-up to build Silkcoin's Mission Statement. If this is acceptable, then I will move ahead and create an easypoll for Mission Statements to be voted on. If anyone in the community objects to this, please let me know ASAP and we can find a solution. Thank you!

To be the most technologically advanced cryptocurrency on the market.
Well it's not going to be the most technologically advanced crypto so using this would be false(although not a reason not to use it).

To become the cryptocurrency that consumers, investors, and the community can trust.
Trust is a big sell point and you're calling out each group in an alertive first person(consumers,investors)(makes me think the "vision statement" includes me and has a personal touch).
PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:36:16 AM

Here's a thought as to who Silkcoin's target audience ought to be:

Start by playing around with this financial modeling tool (I'm sure many of you already have):
http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html

Notice that one of the things that influences price of a currency the most is how much people use your currency as an alternative to holding gold.

The same thing is true of other precious metals/wealth storage commodities, such as silver, etc.

Let's think for a second about how Silkcoin lends itself to being an alternative to gold/silver:
 - Easily convertible to cash via exchanges
 - Strengthens against the dollar
 - EARNS INTEREST in addition to strengthening against the dollar (something gold itself does not)
 - Any more?  Please feel free to discuss

If we can weave these points into marketing/branding/press releases, etc., perhaps it can lead to people utilizing it for this purpose, thereby raising the value of Silkcoin.  This will also, in turn, make Silkcoin far more difficult (damn impossible) to 51%, by making it cost far too much.

Thoughts?
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:37:37 AM

To be the most technologically advanced cryptocurrency on the market.
Well it's not going to be the most technologically advanced crypto so using this would be false(although not a reason not to use it).

To become the cryptocurrency that consumers, investors, and the community can trust.
Trust is a big sell point and you're calling out each group in an alertive first person(consumers,investors)(makes me think the "vision statement" includes me and has a personal touch).

In regards to technology.  Why could it not be the most advanced?  Are you talking single items of technology, or multiple integrations.  Imo as open source grows so will integrative advancement of entire crypto community.  
 The big problem is of course Trust.  And community.  And we got that.  And its growing.

In regards to future advancement of technology, I would assume to incorporate all the best open-source tech advancements integrated with creativity and skill..  and move forward into the up and coming mobile decentralized marketplaces..

Why could technological mastery not be achieved here?
 Time hasn't written this answer yet.
And is moving quicker everyday.  
 Grin

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:42:32 AM

I imagine technology and trust. Are the two key items.

Transparency and technology is a good mission.

PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:45:52 AM

Also, regarding the mission statement:

A technologically-advanced currency means very little to peoples' finances.
A currency that is:
  • Safe
  • Reliable
  • Fast
  • Appreciates in value
  • Earns interest
  • Readily convertable to cash
  • A valuable wealth storage vehicle/investment
  • User-friendly, for consumers and merchants alike
  • etc.

is what makes a currency great and become adopted.
Markety-peeps, can we roll that up into something bite-size?
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:04:42 AM

A currency that is:
  • Safe
  • Reliable
  • Fast
  • Appreciates in value
  • Earns interest
  • etc.

This is a very good list.  And all explained directly through technology.  I know these descriptions can be expanded of course.  haha

safe - network security, encryption, wallet security
reliable - blockchain tech, nodes, network strength, active management
fast - cpu consumption - data management
appreciates in value - proof of stake technology presently
readily convertible to cash - mobile tech - visa/debit card systems - exchange technology
A valuable store of wealth/investment - technological solidarity with continued work of community/developers in direct direction of investors
User-friendly, for consumers and merchants alike - UI, GUI, dentralized marketplace, app centre etc etc all tech based.

So i would say in contrast, technology and its advancement has a direct effect on peoples finances involved in crypto. 

The two lists are a harmonious union.

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:08:24 AM

A currency that is:
  • Safe
  • Reliable
  • Fast
  • Appreciates in value
  • Earns interest
  • etc.

This is a very good list.  And all explained directly through technology.  I know these descriptions can be expanded of course.  haha

safe - network security, encryption, wallet security
reliable - blockchain tech, nodes, network strength, active management
fast - cpu consumption - data management
appreciates in value - proof of stake technology presently
readily convertible to cash - mobile tech - visa/debit card systems - exchange technology
A valuable store of wealth/investment - technological solidarity with continued work of community/developers in direct direction of investors
User-friendly, for consumers and merchants alike - UI, GUI, dentralized marketplace, app centre etc etc all tech based.

So i would say in contrast, technology and its advancement has a direct effect on peoples finances involved in crypto. 

The two lists are a harmonious union.

Sure thing. I will take all of these and write it into the proposed Mission Statements. There will be a few to choose from so hopefully there will be one that everyone likes and covers all of these excellent points.
Nyterax

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:47:11 AM

How about "an user-friendly digital currency whose future shape and direction of development is firmly in the hands of the community"? I think the wallet-embedded stake-weighted polling feature could be a prime selling point. Does any other altcoin have it?

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
Shovelcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:08:59 AM

/r/silkcoinofficial LOOKS GREAT !!! niice work

+1 Very good work!

Thank you both!  I've got more to do and the first edits took me longer because I had zero prior experience modifying style sheets, haha.

While you're on reddit, upvote my request for /r/SILK at the link below.  The sooner we can get that sub, the better.  I think we're leaning on changing the ticker to SILK (based on the community feedback I've read).

http://www.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/comments/2abthu/requesting_rsilk/

Hi all,

i've been following Silk since the start. Made some money with it and reinvested most back in Silk. I still believe in this coin especially with the new team.

I'd like to vote for /r/SILK but i have no idea how it works (my reddit acoount is less than a day old lol).
I do like the /r/silkcoinofficial but i think there should be more publicity about the takeover/restart of silk so /r/SILK would be very useful

Keep up the good work guys!
Yehh..  i seem to be in the same boat.  New to reddit as well.  Need some reddit voters with stats!

Yeah, you just have to be logged on then click the upward pointing  arrow to "vote" Smiley
https://i.imgur.com/tYKcZVh.png

Just voted. Keep it up community!!

got it! Voted
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:36:47 AM

Maybe we can get some donations running for multipool, they need 1btc at current price would be about 200K SC.

Mr.Joker already offerd 20K for multipool, I can donate 2K at current price. Who is joining the list...

List so far

Mr joker 20K
jeffersonairplane 10K
Ifxist 20K
Dimitry 2K

This is going good
Nyterax

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 08:55:32 AM

Any reply from mods about /r/Silk yet? If not, that means they never saw your post because the bot automatically removed it after detecting your don't meet requirements. Did you PM any of the mods directly?

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
sparc0

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:02:42 AM

Which design do you prefer between these two examples ?

Shovelcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:09:23 AM

zarton

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:37:23 AM

The first one is amazing.

Semedisenape

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:40:22 AM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: