April 27, 2024, 03:45:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:19:34 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 09:08:39 AM by arteleis

Awesome post man.  This is what its all about.  I'm gonna break down your post in responses.

Silkcoin.io:  Love the design. That's cool. A little slow and jumpy on my end. Mine as well, definitely considering eliminating motion if it can't be smooth.  Will add to task list in wunderlist (tasking system used by devs)  However, I do not like the copy (content).  I think it is too generic and doesn't adequately portray Silkcoin or reach its audience. The site does breath generic site, as it was made as such by a volunteer - the words are more important then the build We know what has went on. Most visitors will not. This is the question i mentioned before, when do we end being a takeover, and whining about what happened and move forward, eventually needs to happen - but from a marketing perspective may not be correct.  perhaps a link to a history?  shouldnt be first thing on the list imo To start out by saying we'll be transparent, end FUD, etc. would make me skeptical.  Is that what this coin is about.  Is that all? Yes, this is the entire basis of this movement.  To end fear, uncertainty and doubt. We are assuming our audience is just as informed as we are and are trying to calm any doubt. I get that, but they aren't necessarily informed.  Yes i'm sorry a few others have felt left in the dark.  I will post the ridiculous amount of posts in in google chat thread in a public doc and put in ann I'm just saying it would raise red flags in my mind.  Then, as I'm researching Silkcoin I'm going to run into all those other forum posts and tweets that blast it as SC the Scam Coin. Any of these posts are awesome.  There is a reply button that links all doubt directly to the truth that is happening here. Then, I --as the hypothetical visitor--would probably just sigh and go on to another coin.  imo thats fine, im not gaping my mouth open with a sign saying 'blowjob for bitcoin' lol

I think we need better copy.  First, aside from all the previous FUD, we need to clarify what makes Silkcoin stand apart from all others, even Bitcoin. Bitcoin (among many others) currently is being destroyed by corporate greed, imo we should stray as far away from this as possible. This is what i would hope would set silk apart from others.  the lack of greed, and the gain of community involvement in the search for true freedom. What is happening to btc is tragic and the death of the dream of crypto freedom. We have a cool wallet, sure. Why does it need bells and whistles? Well for one, countless hours and days have been put into it, and we will be the leader in qt development To make it more user- and commerce-friendly?  We just not sharing who and what we are and the direction or goal we are trying to achieve.  Perhaps that isn't clear to most of us.  But, we NEED to know and clearly state it.  I get this:

We're Silkcoin.  We're innovative.  We innovate stuff. We have countless innovations but can't give you a bulleted list of our top 5. 9You do got a point here, the innovations have not been all completed, beside the most innovative qt in the crypto market.  Well that and the human innovation, in a truly community driven coin, that is actually producing massive results in a short time period.  Unfortunately users respond more to flashing camel as innovation, then the hours all of the devs have spent coding, creating graphics, not of their own will, but by the will of multiple points of view..  while working full time jobs with nearly no sleep building this project not out of greed, but for the community and to become leaders in the marketplace.  Innovation obviously isn't complete.  we've had only around 2 weeks starting with not only a broken non working wallet, but also a nearly 1 million dollar drop in marketcap, all exchanges frozen and 0 devs left to fix anything.  We're relentless in pursuing transparency and trust with crypto tech because it will benefit us, the community.  Screw all the outsiders. Those actively involved in dev and projects should be involved more in depth then outsiders only wanting to know what is going on to buy cheap.. this is called insider trading and is unethical. But, we will let you pay to vote for stuff in our wallet and vote for what we should do...because, uh, we don't really seem to be really working toward a goal right now, so why not? Again, I will post entire silk google chat thread in Ann on doc. You're not the only one that feels left out.  Unfortunately BCT is the holy grail, and many will look no further for information even when invites deeper are readily and often available.  Perhaps me stating publicly repeatedly join google chat thread, add hanzlambrecht@gmail is not sufficient in regular posts.  Add to ANN? Besides, that's a new trend... to vote.  Lot's of coins are  doing it and that's what makes us different? Voting is nothing new.  The system we are building is 100% new and no other like it exists.

We invite you to question us, but we're not about to link you to our forum or offer you a link that will tell you how we got scammed by our first dev team. yes as I suggested previously it is perhaps a good idea to have a link to the history? but should not be included in the main description imo Or, how we joined together through all the FUD going around and decided that we liked the concept of Silkcoin and where it was supposed to have been headed and formulated a community takeover.  There's not link to our story, or the perseverance, vision or talent that we've pulled together...as a community.  Good point, I am rewriting the page, and I do not feel it is complete presently as noted this is not 100 % done please review and post any issues or questions.  I will make sure to reflect and portray what has happened here more clearly.

Sorry, if I sound like an asshole.  I'm really not trying to.  No dude, your doing exactly as this was meant to function.  As i said.  awesome post.  this is what this coin needs.  brutal honesty But, we need to put our best foot forward, and the content on the website is just to general and empty.  It sounds like the same old empty promises on other coins.  Perhaps this is exaggerated? But if this is what you see, it needs to be improved.

We need to solidify who and what silkcoin is, where it is going, what it hopes to do. Whitepapers and roadmaps are bullshit marketing scams.  Everyone has every opportunity to join the gchat thread and become involved to the best of their ability. As stated numerous times before.  Please join G chat add hanzlambrecht@gmail.com and i will add you to main thread Hell, we want to be the new dollar that everyone uses to buy Big Macs, Nikes, Hondas, bubble gum, concert tickets, and all things buyable don't we? Greenback is dying.  the future is POS and mobile tech.  The dollar will become obsolete.  Big goal, but Bitcoin is making progress.  Bitcoin is being raped by corporate masters and will replace our present banking masters that this fight began against.  It is brainwashing of the masses. I am seeing it clearly happen everyday in my direct involvement with bitcoin commerce. Satoshi currently has 45 days to sign regulatory papers in new york or will face life in prison, this will continue with other coins.  Anon ones first.
I think the content posted on page one of our forum should be utilized, in a pinch, to build up the website until we can have a rewrite that articulates who and what we are and how we really are working to be different and accessible to the general public. The content on page one was built of my writing in the current site under community review. As noted not 100% complete and was already agreed a rewrite would be required by opinion of community. What is going to make us valuable in the world economy?  The dollar is backed by faith and trust, true. Um no violently disagree here. The dollar is backed by military and its pursuit to crush anyone who chooses to trade oil in anything other then usd It's also freaking easy to spend.  Also being phased out as nfc and pos style systems take over. Can't even buy a fuckin drink on an airplane anymore with cash.  bullshit imo We need a plan to get there. We are working on mobile integration, with paper wallet uploads, and leading towards universally accepted pos compatible silk cards. Everyone will want to buy silkcoin.  Im hoping this round it will be for real world application and not just a tool for traders to get rich, and believers in crypto innovation to get fucked.
Just my two silkcoin on the site.  But, it looks awesome.  The paper wallets look awesome too.  Man, I hope this doesn't sound too harsh.  Someone here wrote the copy for the site, Yep that'd be me, and as mentioned was expanded in the ann by ben.  Im a poet, not a marketer lol It is a good union of writing. I will be working on a rewrite based on everyones suggestions and I'm not putting you down at all. You do well.  It's just that we, as a community during all the upheaval, might not yet be clear on some of the points, and I think that is why it seems so vague.  Understood.  We will work together to end fear, uncertainty and doubt.  As the first sentence says.

Deadly post man.  Thank you!  Cool

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:22:26 AM

I would vote for a progress Bar on the Homepage again. That was a great feature and it shows everyone what the further steps are.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:34:22 AM

Sorry I need to retract the statement of posting entire google chat thread in a doc. It is ridiculously way too long.   lol

Anyone interested in reviewing please add hanzlambrecht@gmail.com to google chat and i will add you to thread.  You can review all history there.  If i find a spare few hours to load all of the pages, which must be 10 times or more the length of bct thread.. actually probably a lot more then that, I will post the public doc based on gchat thread. 

Im not sure what else i can offer.  Perhaps someone else in the thread who has the spare time to load all the pages and attempt to place in a doc they can, but im not sure if all of the graphics posted will glitch it.  Honestly 230 in the morning here in Canada, and not presently up for the task.  Dont even know if it will work.

Just please dont come in asking when to buy silk the cheapest.. we don't talk about price there. It is not fair to any investor.  No mix dev and price.  Bad news.  we talk about dev, and have friendly conversation amongst friends.  You're all welcome to participate and lend any skills ya got. 

If anyone has any suggestions how to make the transparency better, beyond accepting the invite to the thread, please post.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:55:28 AM

I would vote for a progress Bar on the Homepage again. That was a great feature and it shows everyone what the further steps are.

yeh i loved the status meter on development.  showed it to everyone I know.. they all bought silk based on look at what these guys are doing!  this is almost done!
I trusted that fucking status meter.  Unfortunately turned out to be a complete lie.

Maybe a coder response to this?  Can coding progress be accurately portrayed by a status meter?  I mean the status meters are still up on the old site.  Speaks louder then words..

I did love that meter tho but don't think any of the meters were hooked up to anything factual.  

But is a good point. We currently use wunderlist for tasking.

this is the example of how we were working on the site today.  

unfortunately i cannot invite everyone here, because it costs me 5 bux per user a month.  currently 6 or 7 of us in there working on 3 most important projects with future tasks at the ready.

Gotta be an accurate solution for public transparency!  Someone help out.  We all doing the best we can and trying to give every opportunity for everyone to be as active in being involved as possible.  Trello is deadly too, but imo is more for community brainstorming, as much as we could hope an active development thread it is not as powerful as other tasking models such as wunderlist.

Was also suggested google docs, but again is stone age compared to the tasking tech available.

sparc0

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:49:47 AM

Awesome post man.  This is what its all about.  I'm gonna break down your post in responses.
Silkcoin.io:  Love the design. That's cool. A little slow and jumpy on my end. Mine as well, definitely considering eliminating motion if it can't be smooth.  Will add to task list in wunderlist (tasking system used by devs)  

background compression increased and animation speed x2, tell me.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:11:36 AM

http://silkcoin.io/

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:12:33 AM

Silkcoin.io:  Love the design. That's cool. A little slow and jumpy on my end. Mine as well, definitely considering eliminating motion if it can't be smooth.  Will add to task list in wunderlist (tasking system used by devs)  

background compression increased and animation speed x2, tell me.

Seems still a bit choppy. 

Did icon get smaller?

sparc0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:25:47 AM

Seems still a bit choppy. 

It's a CSS animation, so performances depend on your browser, screen resolution, CPU, etc.

Did icon get smaller?

Yes, 'cause in low screen resolutions, 160x160 is too big.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:16:05 AM

Thanks Dmitry for loading all 411 pages manually haha.  sorry all graphics are left out in google docs.  Good read.

July 4th-July 19th 2014 gchat thread.  For everyone that can't make it there.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dva6-n42Eqv5xBMFWt0gb9WnYqM4HSOReFQQzLUptWE/edit?usp=sharing

https://github.com/silkcointemple/silkcoin
There is much more coding but will be pulled to silkcointemple git when finished. 

Hope this catches everyone up to camel speed! Grin

Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:22:48 AM

with graphics it would be over 10mb and my Inet here is very slow atm. n1 Grin
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:36:17 AM

Dude thanks man.  I'm gonna print this shit and make a book called Silk Genesis.  This is amazing. 

coin-swap

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:38:48 AM

Get listed at Coin-Swap.net

How to get listed
You can get listed immediate if you meet the requirements at https://coin-swap.net/newcoin
or
You can vote once per hour in our IRC channel #coin-swap
Registration
Register

Support
Contact

Deposits
Confirmations are currently set to 10. You can watch the status of your deposit from your Deposit page.
Dimitry

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:41:06 AM

Dude thanks man.  I'm gonna print this shit and make a book called Silk Genesis.  This is amazing. 

When i get back home in Aug i can send the full pictured file
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:01:03 PM

Get listed at Coin-Swap.net

How to get listed
You can get listed immediate if you meet the requirements at https://coin-swap.net/newcoin
or
You can vote once per hour in our IRC channel #coin-swap
Registration
Register

Support
Contact

Deposits
Confirmations are currently set to 10. You can watch the status of your deposit from your Deposit page.

Let's do this. 1btc to get listed in 1-2 hours and 0.2btc to get coin listed in 24-48 hours. These are required:
Enter your email address:
Enter the name of the coin:
Enter the symbol of the coin:
Enter the link to sourcecode on github:
Enter the link to the announcement post at bitcointalk or cryptocointalk:

I can make this happen, but I do not know the proper link to the sourcecode on github. Can we use escrow money for this or should we wait until next wallet release and do this concurrently with a new wallet release?

By the way this site has made significant improvements IMO since its beginning.
sparc0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:14:59 PM

Let's do this. 1btc to get listed in 1-2 hours and 0.2btc to get coin listed in 24-48 hours.

Many main exchanges  accept Silkcoin, why are we should pay for adding on that new exchange which has a low volume...
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:34:47 PM

Exactly. Coinswap, you can add us for free, no fee required!  Wink
armlock

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:38:25 PM

Just wait new wallet and they will add free for sure!

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
Dimitry

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:38:32 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 02:56:28 PM by Dimitry

coinswap sees next month volume SILK at 500+btc, and wishes they did add it today.

exchanges asking for money to add coins is really weird! If the coin is good it will pay itself.

Coinswap will promote that they have SILK on the exchange, to get bigger trade volume MARK MY WORDS! Grin
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:28:09 PM

Yes, well said community. Woke up and saw this and got excited. Should have thought it through. Still waking up. Thanks.
bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 06:16:34 PM

Hey,

We guys should give incentive for getting others involved in and buying Silk. Say we get someone to buy 5k Silk, we're rewarded with 1,000 from a donated stash provided by the Silk Coin community. Or maybe get a local business to accept Silk. Create a community pool to take from like the faucet that just gives away free Silk. Create a reward system for finding new investors. Idk just a thought. If it's not realistic then it's not, I have by no means analyzed all the dynamics but if it's doable we could build the community that much faster Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: