Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: B  (Read 21947 times)
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 02:04:48 PM

FPS&T -- too big to fail  Cheesy

Sorry - couldn't resist...

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:08:50 PM

Goat, have you put in an order to purchase 12k+ shares at .104?

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:00:15 AM

Is there any particular reason this is trading so high at the moment? Am I missing something?

brendio

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 02:30:36 AM

Is there any particular reason this is trading so high at the moment? Am I missing something?

There is a huge bid wall at .104 and I really do not know why other than they want in big for the long term.

Okay. Just wondering whether rates had increased or something.

exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:24:12 PM

How'd we suddenly jump to 50k shares issued? 

And can the Vol฿ be so high?  It looks like many times the issued shares are trading hands.  What time period does Vol฿ cover?
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:30:17 PM

Volume is since IPO I believe...

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 05:26:30 PM

It seems to cycle like this every week.  At the beginning of the week the buy in price is really high and people take their 2.5% payment.  Then the buy in price drops to about 0.1025 for a few days then goes down to 0.1.  Then the price shoots up before dividend payment and the cycle starts anew.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 05:29:45 PM

yeah, the after market value is huge. i priced these way too low Sad
If you priced them higher, it wouldn't have been borrowing money anymore unless half of the borrowed amount on each bond was 0% and there was a guaranteed timeframe before payoff was an option (to pay off cthe 0% half), and then you'd still be effectively offering a lower interest rate, so I think the problem is you offered too much interest, not priced them wrong (other than the agument at the beginning that you may have reversed the sell and payoff amounts around during the IPO).

How'd we suddenly jump to 50k shares issued?
The same way the contract says "test" (it was always that way before this was a bond).  I am pretty certain this was mentioned very early in the thread.  That said, to answer the question you meant to ask (which was likely already answered as well), just because there are 50K issues doesn't mean they were all sold, you can see from the dividend payouts how many are currently in circulation.
filharvey

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:08:40 PM

It is interesting that the price is now moving higher still (currently 0.106). I guess the long term prospect of the dividend is worth it? Selling at a premium of 2.5 dividend payments.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
brendio

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:23:19 PM

It is interesting that the price is now moving higher still (currently 0.106). I guess the long term prospect of the dividend is worth it? Selling at a premium of 2.5 dividend payments.

Phil
For a perpetual it would be worth it, but with Goat having the option to call this in at short notice (1 or 2 weeks from memory), they are taking on a bit of redemption risk.

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:45:34 PM

Yeah. They are taking a risk and really I'm shocked to see some of these prices. But it is a free market (other than Nefarios random regulations, more about his newest one later).

hmm.. don't leave us hanging, what's going on now? Tongue
brendio

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:47:00 PM

But it is a free market (other than Nefarios random regulations, more about his newest one later).
Goat, for the good of your business reputation, I'd advise you to get over your spat with Nefario and stop bringing it up in public all the time. It doesn't portray a good image. Regardless of who is at fault, it is better to resolve your differences through private means.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:52:57 PM

But it is a free market (other than Nefarios random regulations, more about his newest one later).
Goat, for the good of your business reputation, I'd advise you to get over your spat with Nefario and stop bringing it up in public all the time. It doesn't portray a good image. Regardless of who is at fault, it is better to resolve your differences through private means.
The business reputation of the guy whose post here I had to report because it revealed the password of his email account connected to his GLBSE account associated with 3 assets? Just check this potential disaster out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75047.msg831580#msg831580

Ah, that reputation.
xkrikl

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:09:28 PM

Phil
For a perpetual it would be worth it, but with Goat having the option to call this in at short notice (1 or 2 weeks from memory), they are taking on a bit of redemption risk.

Yeah. They are taking a risk and really I'm shocked to see some of these prices. But it is a free market (other than Nefarios random regulations, more about his newest one later).

I guess it's because the fact that the contract on GLBSE states "tests" and the security has the word bank in its name - so it's a bit misleading as you can understand it as investing in institution instead of depositing money.
brendio

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:17:12 PM

Phil

I guess it's because the fact that the contract on GLBSE states "tests" and the security has the word bank in its name - so it's a bit misleading as you can understand it as investing in institution instead of depositing money.

I understand it as fools and their money are easily parted.

In other news, anyone want to lend me some TyGrr-Bank bonds? I'll pay an extra 10% of any dividends paid during the lending period.

likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:19:26 PM

First- Respect is earned, no given. Neither one of you have earned either's respect IMO. Stop demanding that someone respect you.

Second- It is up to your investors to decide on the contract now. You opened your asset to be publicly traded, owned by you and your asset holders. If you didn't want that you should have kept it off the GLBSE.

Third- Both of you, quit the bickering and deal with this spat like a couple of adults. Please do it in private as well, these threads are getting ridiculous.

filharvey

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:33:24 PM

In other news, anyone want to lend me some TyGrr-Bank bonds? I'll pay an extra 10% of any dividends paid during the lending period.

Interested why you would like to borrow the bonds? Is it for agreeing the new contract?

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 05:03:11 PM

Second- It is up to your investors to decide on the contract now. You opened your asset to be publicly traded, owned by you and your asset holders. If you didn't want that you should have kept it off the GLBSE.
What strange world do you live in where you can change the terms of a bond after lending someone the money?  That is in effect what you are suggesting is.  If that were true, we would be a ring of loan sharks.  Are you also going to suggest that a majority of shareholders can control what an ETF does?  Don't forget this contract was set up on the old system where a lot less options were available (so if it were set up after the new system went live to be a bond, it obviously wouldn't have given out voting rights anyway).  This story combined with the fact that you might actually believe what you are posting (and the fact that you aren't the only one) makes me want to run away from GLBSE and not even consider the new PPT series of bonds available.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 06:09:56 PM

First- Respect is earned, no given. Neither one of you have earned either's respect IMO. Stop demanding that someone respect you.

To get respect you must give respect.

The contract is determined before the sale of a contract.  If someone buys a contract that says test and does not go searching what this TyGrr-Bank asset is other than reading 'test' should really not be in the business of buying unregulated and pseudoanonymous assets.  Goat has stated he will give 1 week notice of changing the bond's interest rate and wrote exactly how a dissolution of the bonds would take place.

Third- Both of you, quit the bickering and deal with this spat like a couple of adults. Please do it in private as well, these threads are getting ridiculous.

Agree with this.  There also needs to be a contract between GLBSE and the asset holder which can't be changed at the whim of GLBSE.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 06:17:25 PM

There also needs to be a contract between GLBSE and the asset holder which can't be changed at the whim of GLBSE.

You mean sort-of like MPEx does it? Yeah.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: