Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:04:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote, automated source)  (Read 216665 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:05:13 AM

I'm posting in Dashcoin thread I'm part of Dashcoin community.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:43:10 AM

I'm posting in Dashcoin thread I'm part of Dashcoin community.

Not only is this coin not dead, and not abandoned, but the community is growing.
illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:48:20 AM

I vote for forking and rebranding [DSH]Dashcoin to [FBCN]FairBytecoin.

Anyone have any nice logo ideas?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:50:43 AM

Its now official!

Darkcoin is rebranding to DASH 25th march!  Tongue

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:54:59 AM

Would it be a good idea to convert the existing Dashcoin into XMR and XMR community becomes bigger. This is like a XMR give away to Dashcoin holders and destroy the converted Dashcoin.
illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:08:38 AM

Would it be a good idea to convert the existing Dashcoin into XMR and XMR community becomes bigger. This is like a XMR give away to Dashcoin holders and destroy the converted Dashcoin.

It would require current individual XMR holders to buy remaining Dashcoins, and while it might benefit XMR as a whole, every individual only looks out for themselves so it's just not gonna happen.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:52:41 PM

edit: well evan i won't be contributing to your murder of my dashcoin. your darkcoin won't get far having blood on its hands.

Seriously?

yeah it is a taint they cannot remove forever..

First of all, you must be an idiot.

Second, I just posted this on the DRK thread:

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue.  

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.

It's an open source project. Developers come and go, and I doubt anyone much cares what 'slb' (whoever that is; it was clearly a sock puppet) thinks or does at this point. Here's a clue for you: 'slb' did not even create this coin, it is a direct clone of Bytecoin. He maintained a repo for a while, good for him. Someone else will take over now (if someone even chooses to do so, I have no idea).

No one on the Darkcoin team cares whether or not the development of this coin continues or not. They sought out the lead dev and if purchasing the "rights" ends up being the credentials to the github repo to contest a trademark, then so be it. This coin could easily continue on its path if it so desired.

Let me use an analogy.  As the United States Internal Revenue Service has ruled that cryptocurrency is PROPERTY, Evan buying off the dev and the repo is like him buying the homeowners association of a big condo complex.  He doesn't own the condos, he just owns some association that the owners of the condos don't really like anyway.  It is up to the majority owners of the condo if they want to change their name or not.  Evan owns nothing of value in my opinion.

Myself and the other Dashcoin owners own the Dashcoin name.

I think a fair price would be for Darkcoin (or other entities) to purchase Dashcoin at a 1 million dollar marketcap payable in BTC or Darkcoin.  This is the correct way to take over businesses and all their rights.  

Owners of Dashcoin, please respond with how many Dashcoin you have and if you think a 1 million dollar marketcap takeover is fair.  
illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:02:27 PM

edit: well evan i won't be contributing to your murder of my dashcoin. your darkcoin won't get far having blood on its hands.

Seriously?

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue.  

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.

It's an open source project. Developers come and go, and I doubt anyone much cares what 'slb' (whoever that is; it was clearly a sock puppet) thinks or does at this point. Here's a clue for you: 'slb' did not even create this coin, it is a direct clone of Bytecoin. He maintained a repo for a while, good for him. Someone else will take over now (if someone even chooses to do so, I have no idea).

No one on the Darkcoin team cares whether or not the development of this coin continues or not. They sought out the lead dev and if purchasing the "rights" ends up being the credentials to the github repo to contest a trademark, then so be it. This coin could easily continue on its path if it so desired.

Let me use an analogy.  As the United States Internal Revenue Service has ruled that cryptocurrency is PROPERTY, Evan buying off the dev and the repo is like him buying the homeowners association of a big condo complex.  He doesn't own the condos, he just owns some association that the owners of the condos don't really like anyway.  It is up to the majority owners of the condo if they want to change their name or not.  Evan owns nothing of value in my opinion.

I think a fair price would be for Darkcoin (or other entities) to purchase Dashcoin at a 1 million dollar marketcap payable in BTC or Darkcoin.  This is the correct way to take over businesses and all their rights.  

Owners of Dashcoin, please respond with how many Dashcoin you have and if you think a 1 million dollar marketcap takeover is fair.  

And also state your real name with a photo proof of a government issued ID, thanks.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:05:40 PM

I own around 6000 dash so count me in. A million dollars sounds fair to me.
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:43:17 PM

Seriously?

Short and easy question?
Where did any of the involved partys said anything about the deal they made, and that you can't keep your coins, or you can't keep your name?

Darkcoin will be named DASH and not Dashcoin.

For me this sounds like pure panic, but i could be wring.

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:59:48 PM

It might be a good idea to take advantage of the buy wall while it's still up, I suspect it's gonna be removed pretty soon:

So what you're saying is Evan rage quits and sells the password to the Darkcoin repo for $10.00 to some guy in Canada, that's it?  That new dev can do whatever he wants with the Darkcoin name and brand?  There is no legal recourse for the Darkcoin owners?  Heh.  I think not...

There is an official dev team and official foundation and official board. If they all agree to sell then I guess then, "that's it".
Are you saying that the Darkcoin foundation's board has legal control over the Darkcoin digital currency and can do what they want with a simple majority vote and darkcoin holders have no legal recourse in such an event?

@MyFarm

OK, let me try this with a different example like Bitcoin so we don't get confused. As you very well observed coins are not shares in a business but property.  When you buy 20 BTC you are not buying 20 shares of Bitcoin and have no saying in the direction the project is taking your coins are just property that you acquired and you now own, just like if you would buy 20 Macbooks per my previous example.

Trademark rights can only be owned by an entity either a natural entity (a person) or corporate entity like a Foundation or a corporation. In the case of coins the tradermark right initially resides with the developer of the coin as they came up with the original idea, but many developers neglect this step to formally register their trademark.  So the first business that can prove use of the name in a commercial environment and files a trademark application may get it.  The best example is, Do you know who owns the Bitcoin trademark not everyone that owns Bitcoin  as you are trying to imply, it is owned by MtGox: The company overseeing bankruptcy proceedings for Mt. Gox hopes to raise millions by selling the 'Bitcoin' trademark.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10859773/Bitcoin-trademark-up-for-sale-at-580000.html

In this particular case the only person that could contest that trademark was probably Satoshi Nakamoto, but you only have a window of time to do that and I am sure that has expired.

I hope this makes it clear that when a developer launches a coin and assigns it a name, he owns the trademark if he is smart enough to register it. The miners that start mining the blockchain are awarded coins for their services and those coins are not shares, thus they get no special voting rights from them.  Only when the developer formally registers the trademark does he really own it, as you can see in Bitcoin that is very much not the case, as Satoshi Nakamoto went missing and did not contest it on time.

But I am absolutely positive that if you bought 51% of all Bitcoins in existence you would have 0 IP rights and MtGox would still own the Bitcoin trademark.

About the DASH process in particular, the process is absolutely being handled by Intellectual Property Lawyers in the United States.  I hope this is helpful.

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:52:18 PM

Please do.  I only need 24 billion more.  At that point it becomes so much easier.

It might be a good idea to take advantage of the buy wall while it's still up, I suspect it's gonna be removed pretty soon:

So what you're saying is Evan rage quits and sells the password to the Darkcoin repo for $10.00 to some guy in Canada, that's it?  That new dev can do whatever he wants with the Darkcoin name and brand?  There is no legal recourse for the Darkcoin owners?  Heh.  I think not...

There is an official dev team and official foundation and official board. If they all agree to sell then I guess then, "that's it".
Are you saying that the Darkcoin foundation's board has legal control over the Darkcoin digital currency and can do what they want with a simple majority vote and darkcoin holders have no legal recourse in such an event?

@MyFarm

OK, let me try this with a different example like Bitcoin so we don't get confused. As you very well observed coins are not shares in a business but property.  When you buy 20 BTC you are not buying 20 shares of Bitcoin and have no saying in the direction the project is taking your coins are just property that you acquired and you now own, just like if you would buy 20 Macbooks per my previous example.

Trademark rights can only be owned by an entity either a natural entity (a person) or corporate entity like a Foundation or a corporation. In the case of coins the tradermark right initially resides with the developer of the coin as they came up with the original idea, but many developers neglect this step to formally register their trademark.  So the first business that can prove use of the name in a commercial environment and files a trademark application may get it.  The best example is, Do you know who owns the Bitcoin trademark not everyone that owns Bitcoin  as you are trying to imply, it is owned by MtGox: The company overseeing bankruptcy proceedings for Mt. Gox hopes to raise millions by selling the 'Bitcoin' trademark.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10859773/Bitcoin-trademark-up-for-sale-at-580000.html

In this particular case the only person that could contest that trademark was probably Satoshi Nakamoto, but you only have a window of time to do that and I am sure that has expired.

I hope this makes it clear that when a developer launches a coin and assigns it a name, he owns the trademark if he is smart enough to register it. The miners that start mining the blockchain are awarded coins for their services and those coins are not shares, thus they get no special voting rights from them.  Only when the developer formally registers the trademark does he really own it, as you can see in Bitcoin that is very much not the case, as Satoshi Nakamoto went missing and did not contest it on time.

But I am absolutely positive that if you bought 51% of all Bitcoins in existence you would have 0 IP rights and MtGox would still own the Bitcoin trademark.

About the DASH process in particular, the process is absolutely being handled by Intellectual Property Lawyers in the United States.  I hope this is helpful.

masternode

Activity: 443

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:40:09 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 08:02:59 PM by masternode

Please do.  I only need 24 billion more.  At that point it becomes so much easier.

So what you're saying is Evan rage quits and sells the password to the Darkcoin repo for $10.00 to some guy in Canada, that's it?  That new dev can do whatever he wants with the Darkcoin name and brand?  There is no legal recourse for the Darkcoin owners?  Heh.  I think not...

@MyFarm

OK, let me try this with a different example like Bitcoin so we don't get confused. As you very well observed coins are not shares in a business but property.  When you buy 20 BTC you are not buying 20 shares of Bitcoin and have no saying in the direction the project is taking your coins are just property that you acquired and you now own, just like if you would buy 20 Macbooks per my previous example.

Trademark rights can only be owned by an entity either a natural entity (a person) or corporate entity like a Foundation or a corporation. In the case of coins the tradermark right initially resides with the developer of the coin as they came up with the original idea, but many developers neglect this step to formally register their trademark.  So the first business that can prove use of the name in a commercial environment and files a trademark application may get it.  The best example is, Do you know who owns the Bitcoin trademark not everyone that owns Bitcoin  as you are trying to imply, it is owned by MtGox: The company overseeing bankruptcy proceedings for Mt. Gox hopes to raise millions by selling the 'Bitcoin' trademark.

I hope this makes it clear that when a developer launches a coin and assigns it a name, he owns the trademark if he is smart enough to register it. The miners that start mining the blockchain are awarded coins for their services and those coins are not shares, thus they get no special voting rights from them.  Only when the developer formally registers the trademark does he really own it, as you can see in Bitcoin that is very much not the case, as Satoshi Nakamoto went missing and did not contest it on time.

About the DASH process in particular, the process is absolutely being handled by Intellectual Property Lawyers in the United States.  I hope this is helpful.

It looks like MyFarm just bukake'd himself on this one, as his buywall is gone now.  Thanks to him a lot of Dashcoin holders were able to exit far above fair value.  Ironically he did Dash a favor.  Well played MyFarm.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:59:23 PM

It looks like MyFarm just bukake'd himself on this one, as his buywall is gone now.  Thanks to him a lot of Dashcoin holders were able to exit far above fair value.  Ironically he did Dash a favor.  Well played MyFarm.

He is closer to his target so he can lower this bid price.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:06:25 AM

i think buying dashcoins from dashcoins community would be fair, as for marketcap, doesn't need to be 1million as long as the community sold out that is fine for me.

trolltalking a few hours ago in darkcoin thread clearly shows that buying dashcoin dev accounts is their way to kill dashcoin...at least it just didn't come from ther PR guy minotaur.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:18:24 AM

Seriously?

I have no idea if you're being sarcastic . Just in case you're not, you're a complete retard lol. Dashcoin has a shitty 24k marketcap and has absolutely zero value. Let it lay dead some more.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:28:58 AM

Roll Eyes that's darkcoin blood hounds been always gibbering all this time..........marketcap, price, value of the coin.. these guys are so greedy they forgot that there are people trading at poloniex with significant volume, miners, community who bought and hold, and a dev which darkcoin bought.

trying to make small marketcap = dead

i have to reiterate again dashcoin dev latest development was feb 08 2015..
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:34:54 AM

It just shows how ruthless the DRK community is that they think they can just take this name for no reason, i dont even know if it can legally be bought, since as others have said, the name belongs to the whole community.
If its worth that much, the DASH community should be paid a decent pay packet!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
masternode

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:51:14 AM

i think buying dashcoins from dashcoins community would be fair, as for marketcap, doesn't need to be 1million as long as the community sold out that is fine for me.

trolltalking a few hours ago in darkcoin thread clearly shows that buying dashcoin dev accounts is their way to kill dashcoin...at least it just didn't come from ther PR guy minotaur.

From what I understand there are no plans to shut this coin down.  The new interest in it has brought more activity from the community and considerable gains to Dashcoin holders in a very short period of time.  The price was at it's all time low and since Darkcoin's involvement it's had a massive increase.  It would be hard to imagine early Dashcoin holders are upset in any way considering the coin remains and MyFarm has been offering them such incredibly high prices for them on top of it.   
masternode

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:53:55 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 02:03:57 AM by masternode

It just shows how ruthless the DRK community is that they think they can just take this name for no reason, i dont even know if it can legally be bought, since as others have said, the name belongs to the whole community.
If its worth that much, the DASH community should be paid a decent pay packet!

You are misinformed.  Legally the rights to the coin are owned by the whomever created the coin, in this case it's the core dev that started it.  No one is guaranteed any rights when they purchase this coin, just as no one is guaranteed any rights when they purchase bitcoin, or just like everyone can have a US dollar but it doesn't give them any rights to license it.  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: