Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 [4329] 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
fuzzyduck

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:10:13 AM

Well, my free amazon VPS has expired, and wasn't all that free anyway, LOL.  So I now only have the one Amazon VPS (cause I paid for 3 years) and the other MN is on a different provider.  So one less Amazon account.

Consider running it on a raspberry pi2!  Grin

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083/

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:20:19 AM

Nice:

Patrick Byrne: Entrepreneurship, Austrian Economics, and the Cryptorevolution
http://mises.org/library/patrick-byrne-entrepreneurship-austrian-economics-and-cryptorevolution
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:01:34 PM

If I were everybody, I would rush to buy as many Darkcoins as they possibly can, while it's still called Darkcoin...

But I am not everybody, thank goodness, that would be quite messy.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:12:33 PM

Well, it looks like we have a classic "dentist's scritchy scratchy scrapy tool" forming. Massive buy signal.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:15:38 PM

If I were everybody, I would rush to buy as many Darkcoins as they possibly can, while it's still called Darkcoin...

I think the bots have become syntax smart capable and are trading on your tips, I suggest messaging me first and then putting out a couple of fake ones and we'll trade on it Wink
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100666302

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:18:16 PM

Everybody is hearing you! Cheesy
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:20:11 PM

Well, it looks like we have a classic "dentist's scritchy scratchy scrapy tool" forming. Massive buy signal.

LoL.  I've got an appointment in 2 days. That thought might be a handy distraction  Cheesy

Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:22:48 PM

Dash go up  Shocked

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:37:10 PM

IRC #Darkcoin shall forever be the legacy channel where I live and sleep...

... but for the dawn of Dash and new adopters, that channel might put them off. "dark whaaaat?"

... so to solve that, #dashtalk.org has been created. Everybody welcome, extreme low tolerance for trolling.
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:03:53 PM

Otoh wall taken out.

All if not most of otohs coins are on finex and not cryptsy anyway.  

Long live Dash.

I get the argument My Farm is making, but I think trademarking is just such a small piece of the puzzle.  

It's a huge piece of the puzzle.  

Make no mistake, I'm still a Darkcoin technology fan.  But this entire saga is exactly why venture capitalists almost always bring in handlers with serious business acumen for tech innovators.  Darkcoin needs one.  Badly.

If handled properly, this saga may actually benefit Darkcoin in the long term.  But I'm not willing to take the financial risk while we wait around to find out.

You are just confusing people, owning all BMWs in the world does not give you any rights to their trademarks.

Actually, there is a serious point here.

Regulations follow control. Anyone that controls a financial services project may be liable under the eyes of law enforcement.

In that event the person(s) who are deemed to be in control, they would have to apply for regulatory supervision. This is a project without boundaries, so regulatory control is worldwide.

Laying a claim to trademarks leaves open the door to regulatory control. That, I'm afraid to say, is a centralisation risk.

However, the darkcoin foundation can own trademarks. How it enforces them is a grey area. What is their economic loss, if they are a foundation that is ostensibly not making money or in it for profit.

To be on the safer side, Evan should step down from the foundation as he could be seen as controlling the keys to the project.

This is not unique to DRK, its a risk that a lot of projects have. Bitcoin has a foundation that supports core developers, so while this is a grey area, it is not without parallels.

Is all very interesting, but the point I was trying to make is he is just contradicting himself. He said the coins were property and then said owning 50% of property gave you rights which is not true.  That is like saying owning 51% of MacBooks  gave you rights over the trademarks.  He is just wrong and as far as I am concerned can do as he pleases.

I understand what you're saying, but virtual currency is a very different space.  The courts have yet to decide a host of issues and I suspect there is a reasonable chance that the way Darkcoin is going about this Dashcoin takeover and trademark challenge is going to result in Darkcoin being involved in some of those first decisions.  

SEC Chairman Mary Jo White wrote in a letter dated August 30th, 2013:
Whether a virtual currency is a security under the federal securities laws, and therefore subject to our regulation, is dependent on the particular facts and circumstances at issue. Regardless of whether an underlying virtual currency is itself a security, interests issued by entities owning virtual currencies or providing returns based on assets such as virtual currencies likely would be securities and therefore subject to our regulation.”
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:04:46 PM

I've spent the last few days significantly reducing my position in DRK due to this statement by Evan:

https://i.imgur.com/Rd28JTl.jpg

As any of you in the USA smart enough to follow financial laws know, the IRS and SEC have made some rather interesting rulings regarding cryptocurrency.  While I am no attorney (but make the habit of occasionally talking to one) I suspect there is going to be some... "Drama" in Darkcoin's future.

Well imo you should've talked to that attorney about this before trying to think it over and decide what to do with your investments by yourself.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:07:20 PM

I've spent the last few days significantly reducing my position in DRK due to this statement by Evan:

As any of you in the USA smart enough to follow financial laws know, the IRS and SEC have made some rather interesting rulings regarding cryptocurrency.  While I am no attorney (but make the habit of occasionally talking to one) I suspect there is going to be some... "Drama" I have been making posts about the important need for, "Business Acumen" in the Darkcoin ranks.  Before I buy back into Darkcoin in size, I now have the requirement that a very well-seasoned business executive that a venture capitalist would love be brought onto the Darkcoin in Darkcoin's future.

team to make and handle business decisions.  Note, this kind of person is going to likely require a large, vesting offering of Darkcoin for the trouble.
You are making this "drama" up from your ass  Roll Eyes
Please, go back to your farm Roll Eyes

I wish that was true.  Let's look at the IRS's guidance on virtual currency, shall we?  http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

How can Evan own something that is treated as property when I own billions of it as well?  And if he doesn't really own it, how can he make a legal challenge that requires his ownership?

Maybe he can.  Maybe Darkcoin has a team of amazing attorneys that understand cryptocurrency.  All I know, is those 568 shares of Google I own don't allow me to make trademark claims on behalf of Google.

I SUSPECT that whoever owns 50.000000001% of Dashcoin is going to own the Dash financial trademark.  But even then, it could be an ugly fight.  Or maybe not.  It's going to be interesting!  Or maybe not.  Heh.

+ 184.46 billion dashcoins

I think it has to do with who has control over the github repository.  And to be more precise, I think all that does is say we've had the project before the first application for a trademark, therefor we can contend the trademark.  That's it, that's it's only reason for being acquired.  So we can protect our use of the name.  

The owners of dashcoin continue to own their dashcoin which is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Which means, btw, that if the last sale of a coin was 3 months ago for 0.00000001, and that causes the marketcap to read $3000 or something, it doesn't mean it really is worth $3000, just that that was the last sales price/marketcap that could be registered.

I bolded why your argument doesn't work for Darkcoin.

I and other Dashcoin holders are the owners of Dashcoin.  I propose that Darkcoin pay $1,000,000 in marketcap to Dashcoin holders to do a proper takeover.  If 50.1% agree, THEN you have legal precedent.  Until then, in my opinion, Darkcoin has no legal standing.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:09:57 PM

+ 184.46 billion dashcoins

I am very happy MyFarm is giving everyone a nice exit opportunity. It is really commendable that the DASH community steps up like this to help others. We wish you guys the best in your future endeavors.

i'm not in the mood for selling and buying....just securing the "original dashcoin" network from DARK intensions and motives with AMD's and Intel's at home from the otherside of the globe  Tongue

Sorry, it's unlikely to help you.  But maybe you can resurrect the coin?  Fork it and see if you can get people to buy again?  Otherwise, I suggest you beware what you're spending on Smiley

maybe people are starting to buy it since dashcoin name has something and dark is trying to steal it

@ Minotaur26

You got us all wrong, I am sure we could be friends. I am sorry this has been a hard process for you but it has nothing to do with DASH(DRK). What would you like to see happen going forward? What do you want?
i want to believe in crypto currency..removing the dev of dashcoin, trying to kill the coin for its name, leaving community to rot simply disgust me..

Um your dev left and opted to sell the repo and rights to us. You're free to fork the coin and continue development if you so desire but according to coinmarketcap, it was pretty much all but dead prior to the Darkcoin's rebrand.

So what you're saying is Evan rage quits and sells the password to the Darkcoin repo for $10.00 to some guy in Canada, that's it?  That new dev can do whatever he wants with the Darkcoin name and brand?  There is no legal recourse for the Darkcoin owners?  Heh.  I think not...
illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:10:29 PM

I and other Dashcoin holders are the owners of Dashcoin.  I propose that Darkcoin pay $1,000,000 in marketcap to Dashcoin holders to do a proper takeover.  If 50.1% agree, THEN you have legal precedent.  Until then, in my opinion, Darkcoin has no legal standing.

illodin

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:11:30 PM

So what you're saying is Evan rage quits and sells the password to the Darkcoin repo for $10.00 to some guy in Canada, that's it?  That new dev can do whatever he wants with the Darkcoin name and brand?  There is no legal recourse for the Darkcoin owners?  Heh.  I think not...

There is an official dev team and official foundation and official board. If they all agree to sell then I guess then, "that's it".
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:14:31 PM

Keep an eye  on letstalkbitcoin, I think the DASH show should air in a couple of weeks, there is cool stuff on the works you may be interested in.

fernando believes it will be aired tomorrow:

"When will the Let`s Talk Bitcoin appearence be?

The interview with Evan has already been recorded. We believe it will out on Tuesday."

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/official-statement-on-rebranding-to-dash.4297/page-9#post-46732

It wont be still for a couple of weeks after the name change on the 25th I believe. Rebranding is discussed and LTB has a large audience that represents our target so it should give a boost to the new brand is better if the new ticker is already in exchanges. There are a lot of Bitcoiners that just dont read this forum. I will confirm this and edit if necessary but it is my understanding.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:14:54 PM

LOL!! Completely absurd.   Roll Eyes

The Foundation has already consulted with trademark lawyers over this issue and made an educated decision to proceed, but in spite of all that Darkcoin should pay a dead coin's bagholders $1,000,000... just cause a random guy on the internet said so. Cheesy

This is nothing more than FUD to get the price to drop back below where you dumped.  Absurdity at its finest.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:18:28 PM

You got us all wrong, I am sure we could be friends. I am sorry this has been a hard process for you but it has nothing to do with DASH(DRK). What would you like to see happen going forward? What do you want?
i want to believe in crypto currency..removing the dev of dashcoin, trying to kill the coin for its name, leaving community to rot simply disgust me..

I see where you are coming from now. I do believe in crypto too, that is why I am here, I guess we all find different ways of doing that.

I guess I see how yo view things now.  The main misunderstanding is the part where you feel DRK removed your dev. That is not the case at all, the former dev had no interest in continuing with the project. It turned out to be more complicated than he originally thought it would be. The same thing happened to Spreadcoin not long ago and their dev was considered to be really good. Sometimes this things can be overwhelming for a developer. It is really not our fault.

The developer leaving and not wanting to continue the project is what really is causing issues for DSH, SPR has not recovered either and there is also nice people over there. That problem is not related to DRK

On the last part, MyFarm, a prominent member of our community is offering an exit to anyone who wants it as a sign of good faith.

Please consider these reasons, and see if you can find a way to be friendly.

dashcoin dev last update on development was just this Feb 8 2015..it is clearly he was bought..and there is no announcement that he is abandoning the project or at least ask the community about it.

different ways indeed.

- killing a coin for its name by buying the dev leaving the community to rot

Give it a rest Minotaur. With the level of troll activity in here there's just a default layer of FUD and victimisation people are going to sit on. There's no point attempting to reason with some of these people, they want to stay with "those DRK/DASH people are BAD TO THE CORE", yet a dev has chosen to sell his project. It's really him the Dashcoin people should be taking these complaints to.

Edit: attempted to fix the quote boxes

As I have been hammering home for over a year, there is a distinct lack of business acumen in the Darkcoin ranks.  In the business world, you DO NOT go to the CEO of a company and buy the assets of the company because they are not the CEO's to sell.  You take over the company.  Now, it can be a hostile takeover, but most often it is an amiable takeover as everyone ends up happy.  Not only has Darkcoin gone to the CEO of the company to buy assets that aren't his to sell, but you are going to create a very bad name for yourself once everyone begins to understand what has taken place here.  In addition, in my opinion, you are opening up serious legal liability.
r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:18:46 PM

someone have hide order and eat all sell order on 0.01275  Grin

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:19:10 PM

Keep an eye  on letstalkbitcoin, I think the DASH show should air in a couple of weeks, there is cool stuff on the works you may be interested in.

fernando believes it will be aired tomorrow:

"When will the Let`s Talk Bitcoin appearence be?

The interview with Evan has already been recorded. We believe it will out on Tuesday."

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/official-statement-on-rebranding-to-dash.4297/page-9#post-46732

It wont be still for a couple of weeks after the name change on the 25th I believe. Rebranding is discussed and LTB has a large audience that represents our target so it should give a boost to the new brand is better if the new ticker is already in exchanges. There are a lot of Bitcoiners that just dont read this forum. I will confirm this and edit if necessary but it is my understanding.

Ok, great. I think this will be quite an important date, so it would be nice to know when the interview will be aired.
Pages: « 1 ... 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 [4329] 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: