Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote, automated source)  (Read 216674 times)
Jamil.Kamil

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:05:06 PM

DSH is important coins we should support its for be superior. ... Smiley

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:00:21 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 03:04:28 AM by Minotaur26

Hey guys, sorry this process was somewhat upsetting we never intended to relaunch as Dashcoin, we are simply DASH.  The former developer had already decided to leave this project.

No one is being arrogant, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience and we wish you the best.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:06:21 AM

Hey guys, sorry this process was somewhat upsetting we never intended to relaunch as Dashcoin, we are simply DASH.  The former developer had already decided to leave this project.

Plus we all know Smooth and the other Monero developers wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this, so no need to antagonize. No one is being arrogant, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience and we wish you the best.

Well stand firm and stay strong to your name, you had it first.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:13:21 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 01:39:58 AM by arielbit

Hey guys, sorry this process was somewhat upsetting we never intended to relaunch as Dashcoin, we are simply DASH.  The former developer had already decided to leave this project.

Plus we all know Smooth and the other Monero developers wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this, so no need to antagonize. No one is being arrogant, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience and we wish you the best.

Well stand firm and stay strong to your name, you had it first.

as nzminer said it in darkcoin thread:

since Dashcoin already exists and other people will confuse it for this or simply call it dashcoin anyway!

i think they want dashcoin to die so they can have the name all for themselves..thats why they keep on pointing out dashcoin market cap.

edit:
dashcoin weakness is also its strength

Why mirror image is better than self sustained fork?
The reason is simple - costs. Self sustained forks demand a lot of development time, if you want to build a well maintained cryptocurrency. And if the network grows, the required development time is likely to grow too.
A simpler, and less costly way to maintain a network with high reliability is to create a self mutating copy of it. Mutating copy is a simple copy of the original source, mutating every time the original source mutates.

Even more - such a process can be automated!

it is simply a clone of bytecoin, free from premine scam thats all...
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:47:19 AM

i think they want dashcoin to die so they can have the name all for themselves..thats why they keep on pointing out dashcoin market cap.

I believe killing Dashcoin was the idea.

@RenegadeMan

Point taken - fixed it

Yeah - not sure why they are buying - crazy

Since "we" acquired Dashcoin all it will take is a few letters to a few exchanges - cease and desist - and they'll be forced to stop all Dashcoin trading, if in the USA - but a foreign exchange might be tougher

The Git is locked from what I heard. Not sure if that means downloads are locked too but I'm sure somebody has a copy of the source code.

Wait and watch I guess

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:54:31 AM

@RenegadeMan

Point taken - fixed it

Since "we" acquired Dashcoin all it will take is a few letters to a few exchanges - cease and desist - and they'll be forced to stop all Dashcoin trading, if in the USA - but a foreign exchange might be tougher

The Git is locked from what I heard. Not sure if that means downloads are locked too but I'm sure somebody has a copy of the source code.

Wait and watch I guess

That was just a poster speculating, no one intends to kill anything. There is no need to be confrontational.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:05:11 AM

@RenegadeMan

Point taken - fixed it

Wait and watch I guess

That was just a poster speculating, no one intends to kill anything. There is no need to be confrontational.

somebody posted here, i've read it and it was deleted saying something like : rush to exchanges trade dashcoin for dark and watch it become DASH , and he was sensing a pump.

username starting with M..can't remember if it was minotaur or mangled blue... it was obvious dark devs prefer a slow and clean death rather than deleting github account purchased from slb because this will surely taint darkcoin devs reputation.
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:13:25 AM

There is more: By the way Adam White is considered a troll in the DRK thread.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:32:33 AM

i don't follow adam white, maybe he owns XMR to some extent that's why he is fighting dark.. XMR is darkcoin's greatest threat it seems.

he must be hyping dashcoin earlier so he can dump at higher prices..that's why in the pic you upload it say's he buy every shitcoin..he trades and he sells high.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:40:50 AM

Not true, I have followed the dashcoin thread ever since they were having issues with a chain fork a while back, just in case it turned out to be something that could affect Monero.

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:03:49 AM

No one is being arrogant, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience and we wish you the best.

Not true, I have followed the dashcoin thread ever since they were having issues with a chain fork a while back, just in case it turned out to be something that could affect Monero.

I apologize, as I obviously did not know that, I will edit my post.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:39:27 AM

@RenegadeMan

Point taken - fixed it

Wait and watch I guess

somebody posted here, i've read it and it was deleted saying something like : rush to exchanges trade dashcoin for dark and watch it become DASH , and he was sensing a pump.

username starting with M..can't remember if it was minotaur or mangled blue... it was obvious dark devs prefer a slow and clean death rather than deleting github account purchased from slb because this will surely taint darkcoin devs reputation.

I have never posted or being on this thread until today and I only came because you had reasonable questions on the DASH thread and I was trying to be informative and clarify what I knew.  I don't know what you are talking about but the poster you mention is just a member of the community.

I went through this thread and there was almost no activity here since last year, there is no need to come up with conspiracy theories as we would like for things to be friendly.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:44:21 AM

@RenegadeMan

Point taken - fixed it

Wait and watch I guess

I have never posted or being on this thread until today and I only came because you had reasonable questions on the DASH thread and I was trying to be informative and clarify what I knew.  I don't know what you are talking about but the poster you mention is just a member of the community.

I went through this thread and there was almost no activity here since last year, there is no need to come up with conspiracy theories as we would like for things to be friendly.

right.. i have no evidence, you got me...but it is my word and i'm standing for it, that someone from your community posted stuff like that in this thread and it was deleted.

edit: it was before articmine posted this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10758003#msg10758003

anyway forget it, the poster got away with it.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:48:29 AM

I don't know what you mean by almost no activity. Sure it isn't a huge volume thread like the major coins, but just a month ago the dev was giving shout-outs to community members for their work, announcing a new release of the wallet to support transaction splitting, and reminding people to join IRC. That does not strike me as particularly dead for a small coin/community like this.

@smic - thank you for your work Smiley I highly appreciate it
@Kushedout - the bot is amazing. Respect to all involved in it

I made an extended version of simplewallet:

Currently, our IRC channel #dashcoin is the place where the community is most active. The bot sitting there is the first Dashcoin service, come and check it - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#dashcoin
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:01:14 AM

latest development was Feb 08, 2015

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10393542#msg10393542

here is a pic so nobody would delete it

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:24:55 AM

Guys, all I was saying was that the activity here was low no need to be so literal. It seems like it was the general feeling here for a while now. The name thing with DRK was just a coincidence please be reasonable  I was just trying to be friendly, no need to make it so hard for me.

I have to go now the wife is waiting. Good luck.

This thread is so inactive now  Angry
Does Dev abandon this coin??  Huh Huh

Dev has abandoned this coin?  Huh Huh

I don't see any progress of DSH development in the past months. Angry

I haven't seen any roadmap about DSH from Dev so far .....

Dev,any further development plan for 2015 ?  Huh

no activity here  Cheesy

let's play some betting guys,

on May 2, Mayweather vs Pacquiao boxing match

i have 100M dsh for mayweather...wanna bet?

who will escrow?

WTF with this coin? Huh Huh
Dev is doing nothing like dead,if so,why you release a coin ,FXXK YOU !!!!!!!!!
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:45:24 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 05:00:40 AM by ArticMine

I have never posted or being on this thread until today and I only came because you had reasonable questions on the DASH thread and I was trying to be informative and clarify what I knew.  I don't know what you are talking about but the poster you mention is just a member of the community.

I understand that you are doing your utmost to avoid conflict and confrontation both here and in the Darkcoin thread, as evidenced by the following post. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10767687#msg10767687 and this is of course very commendable and appreciated. Unfortunately I wish I could say the same thing for other members of the Darkcoin community.
If anything, you may see a serious pump because of this rebrand, and be able to exit at a higher value. I know it sounds a bit hostile, but the entire Dashcoin marketcap is only 2 or 3 Masternodes. It will be the best thing that happened to you !! the coin is dead!
from https://darkcointalk.org/threads/official-statement-on-rebranding-to-dash.4297/page-3. This gets further complicated by the legal situation. The Darkcoin Foundation is contemplating filing a Notice of Opposition to an application for a Trademark on "Dash" by a third party http://tsdr.uspto.gov/caseviewer/pdf?caseId=86377359&docIndex=1#docIndex=1. One way to do this is to show prior use. So if the Darkcoin Foundation can acquire the rights to "Dashcoin" and since the use of Dashcoin in commerce precedes that application date of the of the mark being opposed http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86377359&docId=APP20140829072944#docIndex=9&page=1 The Darkcoin Foundation has a good chance to oppose the third party application and claim the name "Dash" for its self. This of course hinges on one thing obtaining the rights to the name Dashcoin, It is here where the situation gets really messy and a very dangerous precedent is being set.  

The issue comes down to the ownership of the name "Dashcoin" Does the developer actually own the name or is he merely acting as a trustee on behalf of the broader community. In the latter case he has no right to sell the name to a third party.  The issue here is the same regardless of whether the market capitalization of the coin is 6000 USD or 4,000,000,000 USD. It is a critical principle that affects every decentralized crypto currency. Developers do not control or "own" the coin.  Of course if Dashcoin as a coin dies as a result the issue becomes moot, which of course is the simple solution for the Darkcoin Foundation. But what if the Dashcoin community takes over control of the coin as is apparently becoming the case away from the developer and continues using what is rightfully theirs, namely the name Dashcoin? There is already a precedent where this kind of community takeover of a coin from a developer has occurred namely with Monero. Then the result becomes that the Dashcoin developer simply scammed the Darkcoin Foundation by selling them something he had no rights to. This of course undermines the entire legal plan to trademark "Dash".

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:51:11 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 05:08:03 AM by arielbit

Guys, all I was saying was that the activity here was low no need to be so literal. It seems like it was the general feeling here for a while now. The name thing with DRK was just a coincidence please be reasonable  I was just trying to be friendly, no need to make it so hard for me.

I have to go now the wife is waiting. Good luck.

This thread is so inactive now  Angry
Does Dev abandon this coin??  Huh Huh

Dev has abandoned this coin?  Huh Huh

I don't see any progress of DSH development in the past months. Angry

I haven't seen any roadmap about DSH from Dev so far .....

Dev,any further development plan for 2015 ?  Huh

no activity here  Cheesy

let's play some betting guys,

on May 2, Mayweather vs Pacquiao boxing match

i have 100M dsh for mayweather...wanna bet?

who will escrow?

WTF with this coin? Huh Huh
Dev is doing nothing like dead,if so,why you release a coin ,FXXK YOU !!!!!!!!!

this is still activity if you ask me...from almost no activity to low activity, that's an improvement..besides you pick and choose..

activity is not limited to bitcointalk, there is an IRC, trading at polo and miners..

i highly doubt this is a coincidence...it is very unlikely a dev of a coin would go to another dev and ask: hey do you like the name of my coin? wanna buy?...more like i (dark devs) like your coin name and we are planning to re brand to DASH, your coin name (dashcoin) is getting on the way, can we buy it? and kill it so we are the only DASH around here

day 1

person a: what is DASH?

dark guy: digital cash..etc. etc.

person a: what is digital cash?

dark guy: well.....it is a cryptocurrency like bitcoin and litecoin

person a: so it is a coin?

dark guy:...yyyyyyes..

day 2

person a: hey person b i heard there is a coin out there named DASH, it claims to be anonymous etc.

person b: so how much is this DASH coin? a piece?..

person a: 3 bucks..... (person b buys)

day 3

person b: hey person c i bought some DASHcoin it is 3 bucks a piece, bought 10..that's 30 bucks   Cheesy

person c: WHAT! fucking rip off...i bought 10 million dashcoins for 1$ at poloniex.com

LOL

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:57:45 AM

This thread is so inactive now  Angry
Does Dev abandon this coin??  Huh Huh
Obviously the answer to that question is no since the developer posted in early February, as I quoted earlier.

A small community project that is being worked on part time doesn't mean "abandoned" or "dead." Not every coin is a major project like BTC or DRK or XMR.

You seem pretty arrogant about this.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:29:31 AM

This is going to now open a huge can of worms in the DRK community...

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: