Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:46:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got my BFL Single today and I'm raffling it away for 0.5BTC!  (Read 29272 times)
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 12:46:46 PM

This is the second purchase I have ever made with bitcoins.  I think I'm mainly into bitcoins for the gadgets.

Sam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
draco49

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 12:49:05 PM

B/c if you use Mwesoloski@gmail.com he will pay you 1 BTC for each referral you give him if he wins!

The person I used will pay .5 BTC if he wins.

It's a hedge

LOL you're hijacking my .50 BTC award!  That's cut-throat ... Wink

Smiley I gave credit where credit was due!  I was on my phone on the bus, but now I've edited it to include your e-mail address.

and I explained it's also based on how much you trust the person, b/c if peeps don't know us, then they may not realize how radically awesome and honest we are.

Go Bitcoin go!

Excellent point.  Shill away.... Tongue
norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:36:05 PM

Is there a raffel stats page up yet? (Number of tickets purchased, Number of tickets from referrals, Total tickets etc. ?)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 01:37:52 PM

Is there a raffel stats page up yet? (Number of tickets purchased, Number of tickets from referrals, Total tickets etc. ?)
THIS

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:43:08 PM

This was intended to be an entertaining giveaway and the reason I chose Bit-Pay instead of making a new site for this alone was because I wanted to do the least work possible in giving it away, so no I didn't put a stats page up. Is that normal for raffles? What about when they are offline?

norulezapply

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:48:24 PM

This was intended to be an entertaining giveaway and the reason I chose Bit-Pay instead of making a new site for this alone was because I wanted to do the least work possible in giving it away, so no I didn't put a stats page up. Is that normal for raffles? What about when they are offline?

That's fair enough. But it wouldn't be too hard to get a basic stats page up would it? Assuming you have all the ticket details stored in a database anyway you could just query that and display stats with a PHP script? I think it's standard for online raffles, obviously not offline ones, but in offline raffles you can generally watch people buying tickets in person.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:53:15 PM

in offline raffles you can generally watch people buying tickets in person.

True (but I don't know if they announce it, I'm looking into some rulebooks for raffles so I can make sure I don't misunderstand some basic rules here).

Assuming you have all the ticket details stored in a database anyway you could just query that and display stats with a PHP script?

Everything is going through Bit-Pay, and once everyone has paid at the end of the timeline, I can request a CSV file obviously, but I can't just "query" the database like that at will -_-;

norulezapply

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:57:05 PM

Everything is going through Bit-Pay, and once everyone has paid at the end of the timeline, I can request a CSV file obviously, but I can't just "query" the database like that at will -_-;

So how about just importing the updated CSV file once a day into a database then?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:59:40 PM

So how about just importing the updated CSV file once a day into a database then?

How about not completely ruining the otherwise fun event that this was intended to be by making it a nerdy math game?

norulezapply

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:04:43 PM

How about not completely ruining the otherwise fun event that this was intended to be by making it a nerdy math game?
Yes, because statistics to give it a little bit of validity will definitely ruin this otherwise fun gambling event where no-one knows whether it's completely fraudulent or not. I don't care about the maths behind it.

I'll pass then, thanks -.-
norulezapply

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:17:58 PM

Problem is I don't know whether I should buy 1 or 1,000 tickets in order to have any chance at all in winning this raffle.

My problem is I don't know whether buying tickets warrants any chance of winning at all no matter how many you buy. Something to show a bit of validity would be nice.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:18:03 PM

Yes, because statistics to give it a little bit of validity

Validity? Okay, maybe I misread your tone. If that's all you want then that's different.

Question though-- I'm the founder of the DCAO, DialCoin, Smallpla.net, BitDex, BIT-FU, Bittalk Media (Bitcoin Magazine and Bittalk.tv) and one of the most active producers in the Bitcoin community.

Are you actually worried about me trying to scam people out of $650 for a Bitforce that I already have 2 more coming in the mail of?

Cool story bro.

Problem is I don't know whether I should buy 1 or 1,000 tickets in order to have any chance at all in winning this raffle.

The real question I want to ask is "Would you know that in any other raffle in the universe?"

Definitely 1000 - then you can tell everybody else to go home, because you will be the only winner of the $2,500 BFL single.

I lol'ed.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 02:18:53 PM

Definitely 1000 - then you can tell everybody else to go home, because you will be the only winner of the $2,500 BFL single.
norulezapply

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:20:33 PM

Yes, because statistics to give it a little bit of validity

Validity? Okay, maybe I misread your tone. If that's all you want then that's different.

Question though-- I'm the founder of the DCAO, DialCoin, Smallpla.net, BitDex, BIT-FU, Bittalk Media (Bitcoin Magazine and Bittalk.tv) and one of the most active producers in the Bitcoin community.

Are you actually worried about me trying to scam people out of $650 for a Bitforce that I already have 2 more coming in the mail of?

Cool story bro.

Fair enough. And yes. You're just another guy on the internet to me.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:45:24 PM

These are credentials are meaningless. (Almost) Everyone knows that you have a big mouth, but your ability to deliver is an another question.
pixilated8

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:48:30 PM

In for 2.  My first bitcoin purchase.  Smiley
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:48:34 PM

These are credentials are meaningless. (Almost) Everyone knows that you have a big mouth, but your ability to deliver is an another question.
rabble rabble cocks rabble rabble asshat

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:50:48 PM

Yes because walking to the postoffice and mailing a BFSingle to the winner is going to be REALLY complicated.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 03:13:48 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2012, 04:14:20 PM by Kluge

I will buy *at least* 10 tickets one hour after I wake up tomorrow unless someone sends .25BTC to 1QHcAaRkNFg82mLyXc2HqZLqvX3QwnGQJr

Cheers & good night!  Grin
Hm. Thought this was fool-proof. One hour left.

ETA: *sigh*

Be sure to use Mwesoloski@gmail.com as your referral e-mail.  I'll pay you back your 5 BTC plus an extra 5 BTC if I win and you buy 10 tickets with me as the referral.

I'll pay anyone 1 BTC if they use me as a referral and I win!
Done. I'll send you the Single for 10BTC + whatever Matt charges me + shipping if I win assuming you're interested, too. Sending after I consolidate some Bitcoin wallets & GLBSE processes my withdrawal.
portron

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 07:01:01 PM

Bought a couple  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: