Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:01:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 [846] 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:51:08 AM

When you will finish Nav Staking Unit Linux wallet will be full working without making it myself on linux ?
Not everybody can make working linux wallet and compile from source ....
I no want staking Nav on my windows PC with 750Watts I paid more than electricity bills than take for staking coins.

If your pc is burning 750 watts just on Nav wallet you got some serious malware spyware infestations m8 Wink
I will use a lot less watts then that , that having been said I'm also looking forward to a working version for the PI or other Mini pc's.
But it wont be to much longer.(I hope:)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:55:14 AM

anybody could provide some help how to sync from scratch?, I downloaded NAV wallet and delete everything but wallet.dat with .conf provided but chain seems stuck with 589k blocks left. From there blocks left just increasing... thanks in advance community

The current wallet is indeed quite a hog. I found it best after it syncs (which could take almost a day even if you download the chain) to close it and take a full zip backup of the entire %appdata% folder (in windows) every week.
Then if it ever breaks just delete everything and restore the backup so I will be at most one week behind. And there is a good chance it will break if the computer hangs or there is a power cut while its open.

Thankfully though its mostly a moot point now, with the new wallet coming. Can't be soon enough.

Well it would be nice if the devs could just Update the zipped blockchain on the site every week or so it just takes a few minutes if u script it even less.
If bandwith is a problem maybe its possible to split the bootstrap into smaller pieces and u would upload a new week / month at a time.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:29:16 PM

Well it would be nice if the devs could just Update the zipped blockchain on the site every week or so it just takes a few minutes if u script it even less.
If bandwith is a problem maybe its possible to split the bootstrap into smaller pieces and u would upload a new week / month at a time.

Well, now it wont matter any more as I said (and hope)

hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:27:39 PM

https://youtu.be/gEPmA3USJdI

NavCoin  - The Unbeakable Code

~HaShForce101~

Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:33:10 PM

I use to hold NAV in the past, sold all year ago, now im thinking to reinvest again with NAV, good to see the new changes.

Ill keep watching this one closely.

Best of Luck to the team.

Welcome back! Thank You, it's always great to see people staying with us or returning Smiley

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:59:28 AM

Yes new changes with NAV are very good, and their dev is very good person he help some coins i also have so i`m sticking with nav Smiley
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

They walk among us...

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:24:31 AM

Did someone say they got the NAV wallet working on a mac with wine?

I have tried but i just can't get it to work.

Any idiot proof instructions?

GO NAV!
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:48:31 AM

GO NAV!

I have it working on Osx with wine. Just look at my previous posts, sorry I would link to them but I'm at work with mobile phone. Cheers!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:30:02 PM

GO NAV!

I downloaded an emulator of Windows (I think it's XP) called Wine.
The main folders of Wine are installed under: Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files

What I did is download windows wallet and blockchain and then move the NavajoCoin Wallet into:

Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files/ drive_c/users (your user name)/ Desktop.

After doing this is time to get into the Wine app
Double click in the app and you will see a little icon of a wine glass on the top right of your OSX screen (where the wifi symbol, time, bluetooth icons are)
Click in the Wine glass and go to File Manager...
That will open the windows explorer. Locate the drive C:/ and go to the Desktop on where you placed the Navajo folder.

From there just double click in the navajocoin-qt.exe
It will crash the wallet but create the navcoin (or navajocoin) folder under:

Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files/ drive_c/users (your user name)/ Application Data

Go back into your OSX finder and locate this folder...
In this Navcoin (or navajocoin) folder is where you want to place the wallet.dat file and the whole blockchain

Remember!!! always back up your wallet.dat file!!!! ALWAYS!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9f45n0ryqms33z/Screen%20Shot%202014-11-09%20at%2016.28.52.png?dl=0

I wrote that a while ago, but the process is the same...You can download the 1 click installer...And the blockchain as well...

Good luck!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:50:41 PM

GO NAV!

The main folders of Wine are installed under: Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files

What I did is download windows wallet and blockchain and then move the NavajoCoin Wallet into:

Double click in the app and you will see a little icon of a wine glass on the top right of your OSX screen (where the wifi symbol, time, bluetooth icons are)
That will open the windows explorer. Locate the drive C:/ and go to the Desktop on where you placed the Navajo folder.

Users/(your user name)/ Wine Files/ drive_c/users (your user name)/ Application Data

In this Navcoin (or navajocoin) folder is where you want to place the wallet.dat file and the whole blockchain

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9f45n0ryqms33z/Screen%20Shot%202014-11-09%20at%2016.28.52.png?dl=0

I wrote that a while ago, but the process is the same...You can download the 1 click installer...And the blockchain as well...

Good luck!

Thanks so much for this!

Im trying it tonight  Smiley
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:58:46 PM

GO NAV!

Good luck!

Thanks so much for this!

Im trying it tonight  Smiley

Wine is a good option for the current wallet. We do plan on releasing a native OSX client for the new wallet as soon as possible!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:23:48 AM

Is it nearly swap time?  Grin
Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:33:31 PM

Nav wallet v3.0.0 working great on Mac OSX under wine!

Thanks Juguelio!

Pretty handy as I had an old Macbook pro sitting in the corner and if you follow Juguelio's instructions its very simple to do (Even I did it!) The block chain took a while even though I copied the one from my pc, but its running and seems to be staking too!

Probably doesn't matter that much but the Macbook pro I'm using is a 2006 (yes 2006) 3gb ram, ssd intel core duo 2 2.33ghz and the highest os it will take is LION (10.7.5) as that was still 32 bit. Im guessing it works on newer macs too as there is a wine 64bit emulator too.

Happy days  Smiley Smiley Smiley
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 05:33:17 AM

Hi Everyone. We are making good progress on our end. We are currently testing the anonymous transactions using the new block chain and everything is looking good so far!

When we complete this step, we will be able to supply the new code base to Bittrex and initiate the coin swap. I would expect that we can begin the coin swap this week coming as previously stated.

We are also in the process of distributing articles about Nav and the coin swap to various crypto news outlets to make sure we give everyone the best chance of hearing about the swap and swapping their coins as well as pushing the public profile of Nav!

Bittrex have supplied us further information about how the swap will take place. It is very simple from your perspective.

All you need to do is to send your Nav to Bittrex before the end date of the swap.

At the end date all Nav wallets will be put into maintenance mode, meaning there will be no trading, depositing or withdrawing. We will then send Bittrex the balance of new Nav coin equal to the amount which everyone has deposited. They will decommission your old Nav addresses and link your current balance to the new block chain with all the new coins we have loaded ready for withdrawal. When the Nav wallet comes out of maintenance mode you are then free to resume trading or withdraw your coins to the new wallet.

We will make the new wallet available to the public before the end of the coin swap date so that everyone is prepared to withdraw their coins.

Bittrex have performed many of these coin swaps in the past and have had no previous issues. They are a very reliable exchange which has never had any problems with hacks or other suspicious behaviour from its operators. We trust that Bittrex will perform this swap in a swift, reliable and professional manner.

We strongly recommend that everyone use Bittrex as the swap mechanism. Manual swaps after the end of the Bittrex coin swap are possible but it does take us a reasonable amount of effort per swap and I'm sure you would rather we are busy working on new Nav features like the mobile wallet rather than being flooded with coin swaps to perform.

I will post again soon when we have sent the source code to Bittrex and agreed on a date for the coin swap to occur.

I am very excited to get this under way, the new wallet is awesome!

Regards,
Craig.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:10:22 AM

Hi Everyone. We are making good progress on our end. We are currently testing the anonymous transactions using the new block chain and everything is looking good so far!
<snip>

Thank you very much for these great news! I'm really excited about NAV Coin 2.0 and I think it will be a great success!
 Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Please retweet: https://twitter.com/cryptkeeperbtt/status/723754526327595008  Grin

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:48:44 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 11:54:51 AM by hashforce101

Is it nearly swap time?  Grin

When we complete this step, we will be able to supply the new code base to Bittrex and initiate the coin swap. I would expect that we can begin the coin swap this week coming as previously stated.

We are also in the process of distributing articles about Nav and the coin swap to various crypto news outlets to make sure we give everyone the best chance of hearing about the swap and swapping their coins as well as pushing the public profile of Nav!

Bittrex have supplied us further information about how the swap will take place. It is very simple from your perspective.

All you need to do is to send your Nav to Bittrex before the end date of the swap.

At the end date all Nav wallets will be put into maintenance mode, meaning there will be no trading, depositing or withdrawing. We will then send Bittrex the balance of new Nav coin equal to the amount which everyone has deposited. They will decommission your old Nav addresses and link your current balance to the new block chain with all the new coins we have loaded ready for withdrawal. When the Nav wallet comes out of maintenance mode you are then free to resume trading or withdraw your coins to the new wallet.

We will make the new wallet available to the public before the end of the coin swap date so that everyone is prepared to withdraw their coins.

Bittrex have performed many of these coin swaps in the past and have had no previous issues. They are a very reliable exchange which has never had any problems with hacks or other suspicious behaviour from its operators. We trust that Bittrex will perform this swap in a swift, reliable and professional manner.

We strongly recommend that everyone use Bittrex as the swap mechanism. Manual swaps after the end of the Bittrex coin swap are possible but it does take us a reasonable amount of effort per swap and I'm sure you would rather we are busy working on new Nav features like the mobile wallet rather than being flooded with coin swaps to perform.

I will post again soon when we have sent the source code to Bittrex and agreed on a date for the coin swap to occur.

I am very excited to get this under way, the new wallet is awesome!

Regards,
Craig.

Clear , Comprehensive , Informative , and Appreciate such a detailed answer. Awesome Package

Thank you

Register for a Bittrex account here - https://bittrex.com/Account/Register to make this a Quick & Fast swap out for NAV Coin 2.0
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:20:02 AM

I was seriously thinking of using manual mode but your description made it clear. There is no reason to give you trouble, bittrex seems to be on top of it.

If you are distributing articles, may I suggest http://cryptomining-blog.com/

It is a very popular blog, not just for mining despite the name and many investors read it. It will certainly give NAV some needed attention.

barean

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:10:17 AM

anybody could provide some help how to sync from scratch?, I downloaded NAV wallet and delete everything but wallet.dat with .conf provided but chain seems stuck with 589k blocks left. From there blocks left just increasing... thanks in advance community

Best would be you download the blockchain data from our website. Unzip this inside the appdata working folder Navcoin. After this, you should come forward.

Regards
Shahim

It worked, thank you!
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:02:52 PM

For those that need to move a large amount of coins
Should they move them in 1 transaction. Or send a quarter at a time.

Example. If I had 5million NAV
. Should I send 250,000 at a time instead of the 5 million in 1 shot to Bittrex

I remember Remy5 had some suggestions on Transaction amounts and network strength
Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:43:47 PM

For those that need to move a large amount of coins
Should they move them in 1 transaction. Or send a quarter at a time.

Example. If I had 5million NAV
. Should I send 250,000 at a time instead of the 5 million in 1 shot to Bittrex

I remember Remy5 had some suggestions on Transaction amounts and network strength

You rang?  Cheesy

At the moment I do not remember the precise case.

However in general the splitting of payments is more important when you transfer from Exchange
to your wallet, so you have more number of stacks of coins that may in the future create new blocks.
But sometimes, this can be paid too much for it, because of the fixed fee for each withdrawal
applied by the exchange.

However, as a general safety rule, when you make a big transfer to and from an exchange (especially one
of those small\new exchange) it is better to make a little initial transfer for test, to check if your wallet
and that of exchange are both operational and synchronized on the same fork.

It costs nothing, aside a  little of time, but this can avoid "unpleasant" effects in case of mishaps.

This reminds me that there are some things I want to ask .... but first I have other duties.

Pages: « 1 ... 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 [846] 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: