Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:48:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 [817] 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:50:28 PM

I'm not sure why it would need a touch screen or a customized OS on it raspbian works fine.(remote desktop works well for me but 12.99 isn't that bad.)

They just need to reduce the memory usage of the wallet by stripping it down to its bare essentials no bells or whistles like showing exchange prices.

Current NAv wallet is a huge memory hog that takes over 1gb of memory if they can cut that down to half or less that would be great then it would also run on Pi1 not just Pi2.(ive asked for this in the past I'm glad its finally happening)

Quite a interesting theme, I have tried to divide the subjects into,
the first relating to the software, the second relating to hardware.
Sorry for the flooding.

I think the main problem are not the accessory function of the wallet,
those consuming few resources, but the problem lies in the structure of
the data of blockchain, and how it is stored and managed internally.

As an example, the QT wallet after a while, takes up about 840MB
of memory, and had reached the peak of 1.1GB.
But even the simple daemon just launched alone occupies as well 1GB
of RAM on a desktop system.

This significant memory footprint, I think it is mainly due the blockchain,
which in recent months due to the acceleration of which I spoke too much,
was blown out of proportion.

Theoretically, one day should produce 2,880 new blocks of NAV,
and in one year 1,051,200, but instead we are currently already more
than 2,546,663.

The DevTeam may make some changes, some minor optimizations, but
the blocks are there, they are part of the ledger, and they have to
stay, they can not vanish [1].

Unless miracles, I do not think that a reduction of use of memory, can
not get to 50% as you hoped.

This problem of excessive memory consumption, sooner or later would come
in each case, for example also other wallet relatively older than ourselves
but who have the same common roots, like Hobonickel or Tek, start having the
same problem.
We're going on before them, because in a few weeks of real time,
we burned almost a year of blockchain.

Some time ago I read that some Dev of some other currencies, had the
intention of try to make some tweaks in order to reduce the memory footprint,
I do not know if they have continued or have they had other commitments,
but I do not envy them because it must be a difficult job, because are working
on the backbone of the wallet, and this is a common skeleton to many coin.
If everyone had news about this, please let us know.

IMHO the best thing would be that the Dev allied themselves in an common
effort for redesign the backbone of the wallet, but my impression is that
this alliance is a difficult thing.

I think something can be done to reduce the use of CPU, and continuous
access to blockchain data during the staking, for example by inhibiting
the staking for the first few seconds after a new block, or by making use
of some of cache to store some information internally.

However generally this type of solution leads to occupy more memory, and
then we return again to the problem than before.

[1]
There would be another type of radical solution which could be taken, but I think
 I would come buried by the insults, if I only tried to indicate it. Grin Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:54:10 PM

To the [1]... I think we are already in discussion to do that.
But if it would be worth?
Remy_5

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:16:19 PM

I will use a USB to msata device to put all Blockchai ndata on it. This should realise a performance of around 30 to 40 Mb/s instead of 5Mb/s ... We will see.

Does the class difference on SD card not make a difference? IE Class 10 is quicker than class 4 (standard). If the I/O on the SD is locked at 5 Mbs then that will be the IOP (input output processor) and the buss will be locked at that speed usb or not?

That's correct!  It also depends on the blocksize writing speed. Most sd cards are for camera and smartphone usage. Not usefull for operation systems...

At all sd cards are slow... I get a max 8mb write speed on raspbian

Relating to hardware and speed of the storage mass, I would point out again
the existence of another platform compatible with the raspberry, the ODROID UX4,
maybe for the features it might be more suitable.

Link:
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825

It has 4 cores at 2 GHz and 4 at 1.4 GHz, and which to us we care more,
houses 2GB of DRAM, as well as memory modules eMMC5, and SD UHS-1.
According to the manufacturer site, these modules should have better
performance 7x and 2x, compared with a sd class 10.

Do you think this for the moment could be sufficient ?

The manufacturer provides for this SBC,  at part, also an LCD display 7inch,
or a plastic case created to contain an expansion card with a display and
a sata interface (via usb3) and the space for a internal drive HD 2.5inch.
Let me be clear I'm not suggesting it, I've never tried it ( unfortunately),
I referring only the existence.

Also long ago on this forum, he was also talk of another assembler,
he had used a different type of module ODROID to put in some types of wallet
for coins of type POS.
The management of the coins was via a web interface, and among the sample
screens was just the NavajoCoin.
I do not remember the name, unfortunately, perhaps stakebox, stakemachine
or similar.

However, aside this ODROID, there are other manufacturers that are offering
Single Board Computer, which features more and more interesting.

Here is a brief overview:
http://linuxgizmos.com/comparison-of-open-spec-hacker-friendly-sbcs-dec-2015/

Some of them probably are not suitable for us, but they are incredibly small,
hats off to the designers:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598272670/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer/description

From what I read around the web, it seems that apart from the Pine-64,
or Orange, or the Banana, in the coming months should be built by
different companies, other models of SBC equipped with features more
powerful than today, and probably with a lower cost.

IMHO it would be useful therefore to define the minimum requirements we need,
and based on this make a skimming of such models are acceptable or insufficient.

But we must consider that in general these modules are not upgradeable,
can not be increased the memory or upgraded the processor, then it
is necessary to reason with great foresight.

To finish, often the production of these models is made in batches of
small quantities, already sold, and then their availability in the short
term may be poor.

I would also like to point out one thing, the raspberry is famous for its
rich set of IO ports, ideal for connecting to external projects and interfaces.
But they did not serve us for staking.

Then, once when it will be decided as the minimum specifications are
necessary, possibly could be found in the consumer market other types
of devices that are perhaps equally suitable for the purpose.

Remy_5

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:29:52 PM

To the [1]... I think we are already in discussion to do that.
But if it would be worth?

Insults would definitely effective and heavy.  Grin Grin
But I do not think you was referring to this.

I do not know if that's what you are thinking about, but
what I was hypothesizing obviously it is not a permanent solution,
the problem of burdening the blockchain obviously will present
itself even later, in a year or two, but this would in a sense an advantage.

Two years in computing are very long, and for the famous Moore's Law,
by that time the SBC will be twice as powerful or will cost half.
In any case quite a gain from the practical point of view.

Meanwhile, with a sort of new light blockchain NAV 1.2, probably even
the simple raspberry could be used for staking, from now.

tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 05:43:19 PM

Anonymous System Bounty

Hi Navajo Community,

We're starting a community raised bounty to anyone who can successfully trace a transaction routed through the NAV anonymous network. To be eligible to receive the bounty, we have to be able to reproduce your findings. If you think you've cracked the code, email your results to navbounty@gmail.com.

The bounty is currently accepting both NAV and BTC pledges. Our previous bounty reached pledges of over 10 BTC and remained unclaimed!

If you've recently placed a bounty pledge with Hashforce101, please send the amount the addresses found on the bounty page of our website:

http://www.navajocoin.org/bounty

For security, I will not post the addresses here due to the risk of people quoting this message and changing the address.

I will personally donate an amount of both NAV and BTC tomorrow to start the funds.

Don't forget to share the bounty with your social networks to help spread the word!

Cheers,
Craig.

I will make this more interesting too , I will shave my head as a bonus. Smiley

~SoopY~

and pics to prove Wink ... hehehe ...

#crysx

Haha Indeed! Cheesy

OK , we spent almost an hour flipping through the transaction and receiving information, but necessary to track your transaction and did not work, in this respect, complaints , of course not, but getting the examples to others about the importance of anonymity and first-class property platform is already there and it is also important for future users, have comments, where in the beginning we see the transaction start address of the allocation, I wish that the addresses were hidden, if it is possible to do, of course, although

shahim
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:50:20 AM

I think problem cryptsy is also solved now?

http://bitcoinist.net/cryptsy-has-moved-out-of-their-building-unannounced-nowhere-to-be-found/

I hope not many coins have been there. Do we know, which wallet has been cryptsys? Perhaps burn these coins?
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:42:19 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 08:54:27 AM by sluppy

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

They got robbed for 13k btc and 300k ltc a year ago , well read for yourself Do Not send anycoins in there.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:32:57 PM

They got robbed for 13k btc and 300k ltc a year ago , well read for yourself Do Not send anycoins in there.

You can read what happened in their official statement (at least that's their version of the events):
Personally, I don't think this exchange will ever function properly again.
If You're able to - I'd suggest to withdraw all Your funds and surely don't send anything more there.
I deleted link to Cryptsy from the OP.
Cheers
~ Strugg

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:37:07 PM

I think the real problem is not enough markets. All the big players are on a lot more markets than we are. Strugg & Sophia are currently researching which exchanges these coins are trading on and working towards getting us onto the same ones. More markets = more exposure = more market cap.

In this regard, apart Bittrex, what are the other exchange actually up and running, and
what volume they have?

IMHO, it would also need some concrete use directly in NAV, for example, some
merchant selling useful materials and lawful.

Apart from that, you think it would be useful to try to ask again to shapeshift.io now,
or feel that it is better to wait a bit of time and get a higher number of exchanges
before asking?

Not entirely sure going after shapeshift.io is going to be very feasable until we get quite a bit more liquidity and market volume going on.  Particularly now that BigVern is pulling a runner and a third of our exchanges have effectively disappeared in a whisp of satoshi dust.  Fortunately our two remaining exchanges are pretty solid imho but if a 3rd and possibly 4th could be found it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Great work Shahim and pakage on getting block explorer and richlist working so smoothly.

Who is responsible for maintaining the Twitter, FB, and Google+ (even have one?) navajocoin accounts?  I need some working API key's to allow for social media login on the forum.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:06:54 PM

sunday update?
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 10:01:13 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 10:18:47 AM by pakage

Decentralisation Update

Hi Navajo Community,

Firstly I apologise that my Sunday update is a little late, I will make sure my next one is on time!

My latest commit can be seen here: https://github.com/navcoindev/navcoin/commit/a2ce94ce43f470b8eda06b28ae0472c660c38441

I've begun testing the encryption with live RSA Keys sent back from the random anonymous server. As well as the work you see here, this testing has involved writing new scripts for the anonymous servers to transmit their public keys directly to the wallet and also server endpoints for me to test the decryption with. I don't keep the anonymous code in a public repository for obvious reasons, otherwise I would show you my work there as part of this process so you can monitor my total progress.

I will let you know that I haven't quite got this encryption round trip yet (as you can see by all the qDebug's still in the code). I was hoping to get it finished before my progress report which is one of the reasons why it comes later than usual. I am really close though, one more coding session tomorrow night and I should have this entire part of the system finished and working. Then I can move on to the phase 2 (of 3) which involves the p2p server address distribution.

FYI I've purposefully removed the server's live Private Key I was testing with from this commit so that it's not publicly available.

As well as this, part of my NAV Time this week was spent setting up the bounty and building the new page of the website which can monitor the bounty addresses for the public to see.

Read more about the NAV Bounty here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.msg13536983#msg13536983

I've only bumped the percentage up 5% this week (instead of 10% like previous weeks) as my time has been split between the bounty setup, helping our new developer get up and running and my work on the decentralization project. Still, that puts us at 35%, so we're just over the 1/3 mark which isn't bad considering its only been a couple weeks. I would expect my output to return to normal this week, aiming for 10% progress and moving on to phase 2.

Keep up to date with our project status here: http://www.navajocoin.org/projects

Sophia has a pretty cool announcement I'm hoping she will be able to make public this week, so keep your eyes open! I'll be checking on the forum to answer any of your questions and I'll see you back here next Sunday with another progress report at the latest!

Talk soon,
Craig.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

They walk among us...

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:33:19 AM

Thanks Craig for the work and of course the update!  Smiley

It keeps miserable mofos like me very happy  Grin
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:53:16 PM

Hmmm,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203975.msg13590739#msg13590739

Smiley
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:48:06 PM

Decentralisation Update

Hi Navajo Community,

Firstly I apologise that my Sunday update is a little late, I will make sure my next one is on time!

My latest commit can be seen here: https://github.com/navcoindev/navcoin/commit/a2ce94ce43f470b8eda06b28ae0472c660c38441

I've begun testing the encryption with live RSA Keys sent back from the random anonymous server. As well as the work you see here, this testing has involved writing new scripts for the anonymous servers to transmit their public keys directly to the wallet and also server endpoints for me to test the decryption with. I don't keep the anonymous code in a public repository for obvious reasons, otherwise I would show you my work there as part of this process so you can monitor my total progress.

I will let you know that I haven't quite got this encryption round trip yet (as you can see by all the qDebug's still in the code). I was hoping to get it finished before my progress report which is one of the reasons why it comes later than usual. I am really close though, one more coding session tomorrow night and I should have this entire part of the system finished and working. Then I can move on to the phase 2 (of 3) which involves the p2p server address distribution.

FYI I've purposefully removed the server's live Private Key I was testing with from this commit so that it's not publicly available.

As well as this, part of my NAV Time this week was spent setting up the bounty and building the new page of the website which can monitor the bounty addresses for the public to see.

Read more about the NAV Bounty here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.msg13536983#msg13536983

I've only bumped the percentage up 5% this week (instead of 10% like previous weeks) as my time has been split between the bounty setup, helping our new developer get up and running and my work on the decentralization project. Still, that puts us at 35%, so we're just over the 1/3 mark which isn't bad considering its only been a couple weeks. I would expect my output to return to normal this week, aiming for 10% progress and moving on to phase 2.

Keep up to date with our project status here: http://www.navajocoin.org/projects

Sophia has a pretty cool announcement I'm hoping she will be able to make public this week, so keep your eyes open! I'll be checking on the forum to answer any of your questions and I'll see you back here next Sunday with another progress report at the latest!

Talk soon,
Craig.

Thank you pakage for your weekly update.Its really doesnt matter if update will be sunday evening or monday morning. But its extremely important to communicate with community regular thats why i would like thank you once again. Weekly updates are serious step forward for our project;)

Thank you for your great work and keep it going;)
djselery
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:29:11 AM

Decentralisation Update

Hi Navajo Community,

Talk soon,
Craig.

Awesome..
I did notice on the projects page you have the nav bounty in pending projects. I believe you can move that to the complete section? or maybe add it to the % list or add a counter? have you decided how long you will run the bounty after decentralization?
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:33:43 AM

Can we remove any association to Crptsy in the next wallet update please - market ticker etc . Also if with some possibility they make a brief return and everyone thinks that all is well .

Don't be fooled . Can we now once and for all remove our association regardless of what happens

I would like to say now, like I said 8 months ago - Lets cut ties with this exchange like I suggested back in May 2015. They where a primary cause for Navajocoin Hard Fork delays and proved back then that their Priority of service to the Navajocoin Brand was non existent - We waited for weeks and weeks for them to implement the wallet during Navajocoin hard fork etc . We shall never forget and this time we may also be the last on the list. Thats IF a list exists!

Bittrex implented the hard fork in a few days and Poloniex where fantastic as well.

I had a memorable conversation /chat with the admins there regarding ANON. Anyway the admins on Crptsy advised everyone on a regular basis to NOT invest in Anon coins as it was just a gimmick. I told them bluntly that as an ADMIN's they are suppose to hold a neutral position on ALL altcoin discussions that take place on Crptsy chat and as an admin they are not allowed to influence trading decisions with personal opinions. This was back in 2015 around the important Anon release when we where getting the word out. The Admins primary duty is to monitor fault reports and forum abuse and keep the conversations going with open mindedness and free of spam. We shall never forget
djselery
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:28:43 AM

Can we remove any association to Crptsy in the next wallet update please - market ticker etc . Also if with some possibility they make a brief return and everyone thinks that all is well .

Don't be fooled . Can we now once and for all remove our association regardless of what happens

I would like to say now, like I said 8 months ago - Lets cut ties with this exchange like I suggested back in May 2015. They where a primary cause for Navajocoin Hard Fork delays and proved back then that their Priority of service to the Navajocoin Brand was non existent - We waited for weeks and weeks for them to implement the wallet during Navajocoin hard fork etc . We shall never forget and this time we may also be the last on the list. Thats IF a list exists!

Bittrex implented the hard fork in a few days and Poloniex where fantastic as well.

I had a memorable conversation /chat with the admins there regarding ANON. Anyway the admins on Crptsy advised everyone on a regular basis to NOT invest in Anon coins as it was just a gimmick. I told them bluntly that as an ADMIN's they are suppose to hold a neutral position on ALL altcoin discussions that take place on Crptsy chat and as an admin they are not allowed to influence trading decisions with personal opinions. This was back in 2015 around the important Anon release when we where getting the word out. The Admins primary duty is to monitor fault reports and forum abuse and keep the conversations going with open mindedness and free of spam. We shall never forget

They will be opening alt coin wallets for withdrawal soon. i believe they opened the first 50 A-E today. so all nav can be grabbed. just have to pay attention to any nav not withdrawn when they shut the servers back down and probly just burn them...
shahim
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:55:32 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 03:45:04 PM by shahim

Let's hope everybody will get his coins from cryptsy... btw. anybody knows, which address is cryptsy on the richlist? I know #2 is Bittrex.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:00:54 PM

Let's hope everybody will get his coins from cryptsy... btw. anybody knows, which address is cryptsy on the richlist? I know #2 is Bittrex.

The problem with that reasoning is that NAV was already disabled before this started.
I hope they will do work on the wallets but I'm not so sure Mallick seems to be MIA for a long time already.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Borin

Activity: 260
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:48:55 PM

Craptsy was problematic long time ago before this. If some people ignore that, and hold large ammounts there, it is only their foolishness...
Pages: « 1 ... 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 [817] 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: