Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085733 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Exelsior

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:25:35 PM

If this is the first anonymous coin and everything works then it is a matter of time till darkmarkets will add nav...
This is what we have to push for. This will really make NAV skyrocket.

That is the last thing we want. It is inevitable that an anonymous coin will get attention from people who want to do bad things. But the main focus should be legit usage. I would not want to be invested in a coin that focuses on criminal activity and I know the development team also does not want that.

Long term it will be so bad for the coin. Investors will stay away and big businesses will be scared to lose their good name.

Is that what happened to Bitcoin? Did people using it lose their good name?
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:31:41 PM

If this is the first anonymous coin and everything works then it is a matter of time till darkmarkets will add nav...

That is the last thing we want. It is inevitable that an anonymous coin will get attention from people who want to do bad things. But the main focus should be legit usage. I would not want to be invested in a coin that focuses on criminal activity and I know the development team also does not want that.

Long term it will be so bad for the coin. Investors will stay away and big businesses will be scared to lose their good name.

Right!! Every Adoption and Attention is good!!
colvano

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 06:49:31 PM

Yes 100%. Bitcoin is still suffering hard under the criminal usage. businesses stay far away from it for this reason. Ask a random person about Bitcoin and they will say something about darkweb, silk road, criminality etc.

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
Top2016

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:56:36 PM

***All NAV needs now is a great marketing campaign, independent third-party assessment and comparisons with other coins on performance, security etc. and endorsements from major merchants.***

That's it
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:57:32 PM

I would not want to be invested in a coin that focuses on criminal activity.
Then don't invest in any anonymous coin because such coins by nature will always be used by criminals to hide their activities.
Diego24

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:01:32 PM

Yes 100%. Bitcoin is still suffering hard under the criminal usage. businesses stay far away from it for this reason. Ask a random person about Bitcoin and they will say something about darkweb, silk road, criminality etc.
I like how mainstream media really managed to brainwash people with such nonsense arguments. A good thing that the US dollar, euro and gold are not used by criminals for criminal activities  Roll Eyes
Top2016

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:04:07 PM

Then don't invest in any anonymous coin because such coins by nature will always be used by criminals to hide their activities.

so should we help them ?!
colvano

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 07:04:40 PM

See the word focuses?

If I would be interested and running a illegal business that would be what I would be looking for. I am not and I will never.
You have a very weird idea about anonymous things in my opinion. Anonymous for me is privacy. The financial freedom and no judgement on what I buy or who I support. Not having the risk of being judged on my spending now or in the future. If I go for a holiday to a country with other believes I do not want them to be able to look into my financial history.

If you want to run an illegal business and try to make us of Nav to hide your financial situation I hope you will get caught in another way and sentenced to a higher punishment because they will not be able to track your financial history and thus making their own calculations. As long as you cannot show they are wrong that will be what you are going to pay back to people who work for their money in a legal way.

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
colvano

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 07:05:59 PM

I like how mainstream media really managed to brainwash people with such nonsense arguments. A good thing that the US dollar, euro and gold are not used by criminals for criminal activities  Roll Eyes

The intention of Euro, Dollar and all other currencies is not to support criminal activity. Of course it does get used by it. But we should all work hard to keep them as far away as we can. This is about intention and focus, not about what dumbass criminal finds a way to use and abuse things.

And no, mainsteam media does not brainwash people. They are just one source to inform. My knowledge comes from many more sources.

Exelsior

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:06:56 PM

I hope you have already shunned and destroyed your currency as there is no currency in this world which has not been used in anything illegal.

Walk the talk dude. Don't get emotional. This isn't a perfect world.

colvano

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 07:09:43 PM

I hope you have already shunned and destroyed your currency as there is no currency in this world which has not been used in anything illegal.

Walk the talk dude. Don't get emotional. This isn't a perfect world.

As I stated, focuses on criminal activity and illegal use. Cars get used for criminal activity, water, trash and anything else. But the focus is on normal and legal use. Focusing on illegal activity is bad and I support any attempt to stop a service doing that.

Diego24

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:13:55 PM

See the word focuses?
That word doesn't matter. If a coin is truely anonymous, all criminals are going to use it anyway to hide illegal activities. I think this is just common sense.

If you want to run an illegal business and try to make us of Nav to hide your financial situation I hope you will get caught in another way and sentenced to a higher punishment because they will not be able to track your financial history and thus making their own calculations. As long as you cannot show they are wrong that will be what you are going to pay back to people who work for their money in a legal way.
I am not planning to do that.

The intention of Euro, Dollar and all other currencies is not to support criminal activity.
The intention of fiat currencies is to allow the biggest criminals in the world steal everyone's wealth via inflation. Exactly why Bitcoin was born.

I appreciate that you have morals. So do I. But an anonymous coin will definitely be used by criminals, if you like it or not.
colvano

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 07:22:31 PM

See the word focuses?
That word doesn't matter. If a coin is truely anonymous, all criminals are going to use it anyway to hide illegal activities. I think this is just common sense.

The intention of Euro, Dollar and all other currencies is not to support criminal activity.
The intention of fiat currencies is to allow the biggest criminals in the world steal everyone's wealth via inflation. Exactly why Bitcoin was born.

I appreciate that you have morals. So do I. But an anonymous coin will definitely be used by criminals, if you like it or not.

Makes no sense speaking to you with your view on this.

Of course it can, and probably will be used, by criminals. You state we should focus on darkweb usage because it will be used by them anyway. That makes no sense at all since you speak against yourself. So you also think that because people that make CP use a camera, camera companies should focus on them because "they will use it anyway". Maybe they could make a camera that is extra good for them: "The Nikon CP, you have always wanted one since you were little".

Stealing wealth via inflation... Start reading here: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/06/gdpinflation.asp
I think you are a little behind on education so I will not judge you too hard. Cannot judge someone just because he is behind on knowledge.

Exelsior

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:25:06 PM

See the word focuses?

Guys there are many use cases for an annon coin. Apart from illegal activities, it can be used to fund organizations doing some good like wikileaks or send money to specific individuals who are doing good but are under govt radar. Just think about it. Many such use cases will rise in future.
Diego24

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:31:58 PM

I think the same about your view.

Of course it can, and probably will be used, by criminals.
If NAV is really better than the other anon coins criminals will automatically use it on the dark markets even if the NAV team doesn't want that. You look like Don Quijote trying to fight windmills here. 

Stealing wealth via inflation... Start reading here: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/06/gdpinflation.asp
I think you are a little behind on education so I will not judge you too hard. Cannot judge someone just because he is behind on knowledge.
Tell that to people that are saving money, smartpants.
colvano

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 07:35:30 PM

I think the same about your view.

Of course it can, and probably will be used, by criminals.
If NAV is really better than the other anon coins criminals will automatically use it on the dark markets even if the NAV team doesn't want that. You look like Don Quijote trying to fight windmills here. 

Tell that to people that are saving money, smartpants.

As I stated many times, there is a difference between fighting it and not focusing on it. I do think Nav should do all to keep criminals away, all in their capability.

People saving money and complaining about inflation have 0 clue about how it all works. You are probably also someone that complains about taxes because why would you pay for other peoples benefits?
(Good infrastructure, health care, safety, social security, human rights, etc, etc..) Right.

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:46:55 PM

Downloaded, synced.

Tested (by sending some NAV, anonymously, to the faucet).

Made a claim from the faucet.  Arrived instantly.

All works perfectly.

Now staking.

Happy bunny.   Grin

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 08:13:01 PM

I am glad to hear everyone's success stories using our Navtech Anonymous Transaction System! It makes all the hard work feel worthwhile Smiley

I have just woken up from sleeping for almost 24 hours after no sleep getting the launch finalised. I feel like i could do 2 or 3 more of those sleeps after all the late nights over the last couple of months.

It's always sad to see speculators manipulate the market on release days. Feels like a real blow to the guts for the team here. These things happen regularly in crypto unfortunately and we try not to take it personally.

I would definitely like to re-assure everyone that this release is not the end of the road for Nav Coin. We have a heap of projects in progress and will continue to work towards our major goals of decentralising the anonymous network and implementing a merchant gateway similar to Bitpay. On top of that there's almost an infinite amount of additional projects we could add to our timeline after the current projects have completed. The future is bright.

This weekend I am going to have a break from programming to write the whitepaper for decentralisation. It is a supporting document for the existing whitepaper and will explain how we plan to opensource the subchain and transaction processing scripts to allow other people to setup their own servers. It has already been planned out along side the rebuild of the system, it just needs to be formalised in a document and published.

All the best,
Craig.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
anderson silva 1

Activity: 285

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 08:20:34 PM

I am glad to hear everyone's success stories using our Navtech Anonymous Transaction System! It makes all the hard work feel worthwhile Smiley

I have just woken up from sleeping for almost 24 hours after no sleep getting the launch finalised. I feel like i could do 2 or 3 more of those sleeps after all the late nights over the last couple of months.

It's always sad to see speculators manipulate the market on release days. Feels like a real blow to the guts for the team here. These things happen regularly in crypto unfortunately and we try not to take it personally.

I would definitely like to re-assure everyone that this release is not the end of the road for Nav Coin. We have a heap of projects in progress and will continue to work towards our major goals of decentralising the anonymous network and implementing a merchant gateway similar to Bitpay. On top of that there's almost an infinite amount of additional projects we could add to our timeline after the current projects have completed. The future is bright.

This weekend I am going to have a break from programming to write the whitepaper for decentralisation. It is a supporting document for the existing whitepaper and will explain how we plan to opensource the subchain and transaction processing scripts to allow other people to setup their own servers. It has already been planned out along side the rebuild of the system, it just needs to be formalised in a document and published.

All the best,
Craig.

Congratulations to the entire team nav, speculators will always exist unfortunately, but when the project is serious, nothing can stop, again, congratulations to all nav team and the community.
Exelsior

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 08:20:56 PM

As I stated many times, there is a difference between fighting it and not focusing on it. I do think Nav should do all to keep criminals away, all in their capability.

People saving money and complaining about inflation have 0 clue about how it all works. You are probably also someone that complains about taxes because why would you pay for other peoples benefits?
(Good infrastructure, health care, safety, social security, human rights, etc, etc..) Right.

We can only do our part to put something to good use. Humans are flawed and some people will put the coin to illegal use (and this happened with every other invention in human history). But this does not beat the purpose of the coin or what it is intended to do i.e be anonymous.

You use your car for travelling while some other person can use it to ram people. Does that make a car a bad thing?

Many such examples......
Pages: « 1 ... 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: